PDA

View Full Version : Dani Pedrosa - 2011 MotoGP champ?

L8 Braker
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
So, Pedrobot looked pretty spectacular at Estoril...He proved he can fight for a lead for a whole race, and he just seems more mature this year...So, given his history of being an alien, and constantly finishing the year at number 2, will this be Dani's year to be champ?

Dave
05-04-2011, 12:08 AM
he just might be.

derf
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
he just might be.

No, hes good and he should be, he's consistent and a top finisher. But there are others that are luckier than him.

On a side note, did you notice how much faster the hondas are this year than the rest of the crowd?

smileyman
05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
HRC definitely has their stuff together this year. I do feel like Stoner and even Simo might steal some points away from Danny though, whereas Jorge will not have to worry about sharing with Ben or Colin.

I still feel he is a long shot and remember there are still tracks on the calender that do not favor his type of riding or at least the type of tracks that dont give his style and weight advantage quite the upper hand...

tommymac
05-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I hope not, I cant stand that little shitstain and as a whole dont root for honda in motogp anyway.

KSGregman
05-04-2011, 10:53 AM
It pains me to say...but....If someone aboard a Honda has to win, I'd rather it be him than that little bitch Stacy Moaner. I can't stand that whiney little fucker.

Nah....on second thought....If a Honda has to win, I'd rather it be Simoncelli....if that dude would just learn to calm the fuck down he could win....it's obvious he has the talent..and the machinery....necessary to run at the front. He just goes all red mist across the eyes and wrecks too often. :lol:

Dave
05-04-2011, 11:05 AM
It pains me to say...but....If someone aboard a Honda has to win, I'd rather it be him than that little bitch Stacy Moaner. I can't stand that whiney little fucker.

Nah....on second thought....If a Honda has to win, I'd rather it be Simoncelli....if that dude would just learn to calm the fuck down he could win....it's obvious he has the talent..and the machinery....necessary to run at the front. He just goes all red mist across the eyes and wrecks too often. :lol:

Yep super sic is my fav in the premier class.

KSGregman
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Yep super sic is my fav in the premier class.

I'm honestly BORED with the MotoGP class...the REAL racing is in Moto2...did you see Ianonne storm from 14th on the grid...to 16th after the start...all the way to lead before binning it in the chicane?

I'm telling you, there is more RACING in 2 or 3 laps of a Moto2 race than there is an entire 28-30 lap MotoGP race.

Yeah, the MotoGP bikes are BEASTS and the technology is cool....but what's the point when the "races" are largely decided before they begin?

smileyman
05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Oly reason I cant root for Pedro is that Spanish peacock Puig. I hates 'im! Dani is ok as a rider, no personality robot but I kinda prefer him to Jorge, definitely a Simoncelli fan. Wish Spies and Hayden could do better...

But Dani may have already had a championship if not for Puig's coaching. He is like an overbearing parent, pushing their kid to succeed, with opposite results.

ontwo
05-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I can root for Dani over Jorge any day. And he may just take the title this year. If he can stay healthy

Dave
05-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm honestly BORED with the MotoGP class...the REAL racing is in Moto2...did you see Ianonne storm from 14th on the grid...to 16th after the start...all the way to lead before binning it in the chicane?

I'm telling you, there is more RACING in 2 or 3 laps of a Moto2 race than there is an entire 28-30 lap MotoGP race.

Yeah, the MotoGP bikes are BEASTS and the technology is cool....but what's the point when the "races" are largely decided before they begin?

I agree on gp and have said much the same things in comparison to sbk. Ai's ability to use the tires has been impressive, we'll see if he can adjust down now that he's seen the limits of that. I'm still upset with the concept of prototype racing when you put caps and limits everywhere. How do you promote innovation by rewarding conventional layouts? Anyway, as for the quality of racing, have you looked at bsb this year?

smileyman
05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
BSB! Thanks for the Torrents man! I think that Moto2 has innovation that you can't see. Those guys first year basically strapped the suspensions down tight and rode em like go karts to the limit of the spec tire. Clever teams this year are making the suspensions and chassis easier on that tire to try and get full performance and wear to go the distance. These riders that figure out these settings and set ups without so much emphasis on electronics may become better riders. Would love to see a Rossi in his prime Vs a Iannone in his prime...

Dave
05-06-2011, 07:01 PM
BSB! Thanks for the Torrents man! I think that Moto2 has innovation that you can't see. Those guys first year basically strapped the suspensions down tight and rode em like go karts to the limit of the spec tire. Clever teams this year are making the suspensions and chassis easier on that tire to try and get full performance and wear to go the distance. These riders that figure out these settings and set ups without so much emphasis on electronics may become better riders. Would love to see a Rossi in his prime Vs a Iannone in his prime...

You know me. I won't be satisfied until there's a vyrus in the field