PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP round 4 Le Mans 05/15/11 **SPOILERS**

L8 Braker
05-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm loving this season so far :rockwoot: Watching Pedrosa hunt down Lorenzo last round impressed the hell outta' me, and even though the races aren't as close as I'd like, I'm enjoying every minute!

So let's recap...
--Points race is tight
--Pedrosa, Lorenzo, and Stoner are clear favorites to be champ (but which one???)
--You know Rossi is steaming inside, wanting to be up front
--Anyone notice Hayden is 5th in points??
--Spies is struggling in his sophmore year and dosen't look competitive even when things are going right
--Simoncelli is riding his ass off - so far off he keeps falling off the bike
--Dovizioso is now on Rossi's shit list

Your thoughts?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8468/lemanstrackinfo.jpg

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1519/lemansracetrack.jpg

L8 Braker
05-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Race is on SpeedTV Sunday at 8am and 6pm...

Replay will be Tuesday at 2pm...

L8 Braker
05-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Current points...

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3971/80167170.jpg

smileyman
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I think HRC has this weekend in the bag. Pedro has been on pole last two events, Stoner has been fast ever since he threw a leg over the RCV, and Jorge won here last year. I say it's

Pedro, Stoner, and Jorge drinking the champagne...

L8 Braker
05-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Pedro, Stoner, and Jorge drinking the champagne...No love for Spies or Simon Sic?

Dave
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Gotta go team marco.

Actually, lemans is practically all straights and slipstream. So logic dictates lightest package on quickest accelerating bike. Based on that I'm calling it for pedrosa with v4s on all podium positions. Id also bet AB finishes in front of a yamaha

smileyman
05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
No love for Spies or Simon Sic?

Until Simo can prove he can be fast AND finish...NO. As for Spies he will be fast, he will podium, but it is gonna take a F up from one of the 3 I mentioned for the podium for him to place...and yes they have done it before.

Dave
05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Until Simo can prove he can be fast AND finish...NO. As for Spies he will be fast, he will podium, but it is gonna take a F up from one of the 3 I mentioned for the podium for him to place...and yes they have done it before.

He wont get one in France. Not with that power delivery

smileyman
05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I think Simo is so fast because he is using less TC and is paying the price in concussions...I dont see Ben recovering his ego at Le mans. Dude is quick anywhere, but stop and go may not be his forte.

I do agree that a light rider/bike combo will work best and acceleration and braking stability will be king on Sunday. So I am not looking for a Ducati to podium.

Dave
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I think Simo is so fast because he is using less TC and is paying the price in concussions...I dont see Ben recovering his ego at Le mans. Dude is quick anywhere, but stop and go may not be his forte.

I do agree that a light rider/bike combo will work best and acceleration and braking stability will be king on Sunday. So I am not looking for a Ducati to podium.

I thought the ducs were supposed to be one of the better top end plants? Or are you adding in the hrc transmission advantage?

smileyman
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
The Ducs had one of the better engines until the rules cut down the amount of fuel they could burn per race. Now I think in straightline performance HRC and their slicks trans are equal or perhaps maybe a little advantage. What will hurt the Duc at Le Mans are all the heavy braking zones, cause that chassis isnt known for braking stability...

L8 Braker
05-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Free practice 1...It seems that the Hondas might do well in this race...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1818/64458142.jpg

Dave
05-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Free practice 1...It seems that the Hondas might do well in this race...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1818/64458142.jpg

Almost perfect by size/weight :lol: aoyomas gotta be mad he doesn't get a real honda

KSGregman
05-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Almost perfect by size/weight :lol: aoyomas gotta be mad he doesn't get a real honda

It's a real Honda....it's just built from components from the 2009 season bike. :rofl: :lmao:

Dave
05-13-2011, 10:15 AM
It's a real Honda....it's just built from components from the 2009 season bike. :rofl: :lmao:

From the factory bikes that things a non vtec d15 compared to a b16a with toda parts

KSGregman
05-13-2011, 10:27 AM
From the factory bikes that things a non vtec d15 compared to a b16a with toda parts

I was a big fan of "prototype racing" for a long time....but....I'm drifting more and more into spec racing now....there are 17 bikes on the MotoGP grid currently....and you can HONESTLY....without any hesitation say that 12 of them have no realistic shot to win due to inferior technology.

The technological spectacle of the top bikes doing their thing is impressive...but...it makes for boring racing.

L8 Braker
05-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Free practice 2...Somebody better put a chain on Stoner, he's trying to leave the building!!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4278/40774779.jpg

Dave
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Go marco! Everyone is gonna want his fairing soon :lol:

KSGregman
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Go marco! Everyone is gonna want his fairing soon :lol:

I don't know, man...the only people likely to get his fairing are the kitty litter crews after he barrel rolls it again. :lmao:

If that dude could learn to control his "red mist" problem he'd be right there fighting for WINS..not just podiums....but...he can't seem to keep it together for full race distance.

Dave
05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't know, man...the only people likely to get his fairing are the kitty litter crews after he barrel rolls it again. :lmao:

If that dude could learn to control his "red mist" problem he'd be right there fighting for WINS..not just podiums....but...he can't seem to keep it together for full race distance.

He's young and Italian, its to be expected

KSGregman
05-13-2011, 02:43 PM
He's young and Italian, its to be expected

All true. :lol:

L8 Braker
05-14-2011, 09:18 AM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1916/20139788.jpg

Dave
05-14-2011, 10:01 AM
heh alright, they arent doing the full course at lemans.

L8 Braker
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Stoner on pole

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/416/15521678.jpg

KSGregman
05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
This race is EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the MotoGP class....19 laps to go and it's already OVER....spread and out OVER...just a complete snooze fest.

Stoner
Pedrosa
Simoncelli

So far....

KSGregman
05-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Pedrosa and Simoncelli just hit each other...Pedrosa wrecked and looks hurt.

This will set off a shit storm as Simoncelli cut his line in a huge way.

Stoner
Simoncelli
Lorenzo
Rossi

10 laps to go

Simoncelli has been given a ride through penalty....illegal maneuver. There goes his first ever podium finish.

Rossi up to 2nd....Dovi chasing the hell out of him....Lorenzo too. Lorenzo off track....3 laps to go.

Pedrosa broke his RIGHT collarbone.....just got his left collarbone sorted and now his right collarbone is broken.

L8 Braker
05-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Simoncelli is a fucking moron...That was a huge douchebag move :(

And even though the winner was never in doubt, there was some awesome racing going on all the way to the last corner...

L8 Braker
05-15-2011, 09:31 AM
And with a ton of races to go, I'll say it right now...

LORENZO WILL NOT REPEAT AS MOTOGP CHAMPION!!

tommymac
05-15-2011, 11:05 AM
And with a ton of races to go, I'll say it right now...

LORENZO WILL NOT REPEAT AS MOTOGP CHAMPION!!

if simocelli takes out stoner a few times he might :lol:

anthonyk
05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
This race is EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the MotoGP class....19 laps to go and it's already OVER....spread and out OVER...just a complete snooze fest.

Stoner
Pedrosa
Simoncelli

So far....

Methinks you spoke too soon. :)

Jeez, Simoncelli, way to prove them all right. That was a seriously bonehead move.

defector
05-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Did that happen? Stoner punched DePuniet (in the arm) in warmups?

derf
05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Does anyone else think that Moto2 is more exciting than MotoGP?

tommymac
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Does anyone else think that Moto2 is more exciting than MotoGP?

dont know many of the riders but its more exciting to watch. Most of the motogp drama will be all the trash talking esp after pedrosa got taken out.

KSGregman
05-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Methinks you spoke too soon. :)

Jeez, Simoncelli, way to prove them all right. That was a seriously bonehead move.

A xontroverserial crash doesn't make the racing any more exciting. That race was a snore until that point...a parade.

101lifts2
05-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Marco is pushing too hard and binning it for himself or other riders. He needs to stop the shit or there are gonna be hella pissed off people.

Was Pedrosa's collarbone injury announced? Didn't hear anything about it.

I will say World Super Stock is the best to watch...it's really young guys duking it out...kinda like club racing at a higher level.

L8 Braker
05-16-2011, 07:41 AM
A xontroverserial crash doesn't make the racing any more exciting. That race was a snore until that point...a parade.You must've missed Rossi and Dovi going at it....

L8 Braker
05-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Did that happen? Stoner punched DePuniet (in the arm) in warmups?
Here a good little article about it...

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/motogp-casey-stoner-punches-randy-de-puniet-warm-up/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tom10167/RDPPunch.jpg

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Casey-Stoner-Randy-de-Puniet-punch-635x453.jpg

L8 Braker
05-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Casey ran away with this one...I told you all to put a chain on him...

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4702/77774665.jpg

Dave
05-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Ill agree marco made a dick move but dani was clearly out of control and overcooking prior to the collision

smileyman
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
See, I had no idea what all the bitching about Simo was about. Maybe it was in practices and warm ups and just not televised. But he sure went out and proved everyone right.

I mean I was even mad at Lorenzo for accusing him publicly, even more so after Jorge knocked Dovi upright early on. But then...I cant excuse that move and the consequences for Pedro and honda.

Wonder what could have possessed Casey to punch Depuniet? That boy has to get his meds right or I cant root for him any more.

anthonyk
05-16-2011, 11:46 AM
A xontroverserial crash doesn't make the racing any more exciting. That race was a snore until that point...a parade.

Yeah, those were two separate points. The race got a lot more interesting in the second half or so, even without Simoncelli's dumbass move.

anthonyk
05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
See, I had no idea what all the bitching about Simo was about. Maybe it was in practices and warm ups and just not televised. But he sure went out and proved everyone right.

I mean I was even mad at Lorenzo for accusing him publicly, even more so after Jorge knocked Dovi upright early on. But then...I cant excuse that move and the consequences for Pedro and honda.

Wonder what could have possessed Casey to punch Depuniet? That boy has to get his meds right or I cant root for him any more.

Stoner was on a fast lap and powering out of the corner, while DePuniet was loafing along. DeP looked back and saw Stoner coming, and tried to move out of the way, but ended up cutting over in front of him. (Not sure why he didn't just hold his line.)

smileyman
05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I read the story, but I guess I am old school. Punch me on the warm up lap for any reason and you likely wont make the next corner...

fasternyou929
05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
I read the story, but I guess I am old school. Punch me on the warm up lap for any reason and you likely wont make the next corner...

You should read it again... it wasn't the warm-up lap, it was qualifying and RdP hosed 2 of Casey's laps by riding slow on the race line near start/finish.

From what I've read, that's been a pretty big issue during qualifying. People ride slow along the race line, waiting for someone to come by they can latch onto for a tow.

smileyman
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Warm up, Qualifying, Race, wouldnt make me any mind. As I read it they spoke about it during the "safety" moan and pout session.

If having someone follow you pisses you off then ride faster. If they are slow or stopped on the racing line that is terrible and I know it kills your attempt but make a protest...Or find the guy at his motor home and do it right...Just dont show your ass

fasternyou929
05-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't disagree he should have handled it differently, I only said something because the difference bewteen someone screwing up 2 qualifying laps vs. your warm up lap is night and day.

Have you ever raced or done a track day? Just curious. No matter what your skill level, it's easier to go faster when you have a rabbit to chase. It's great when you are the one following, not so much when you're the rabbit being used to lower your competitors qualifying time and show them where they can pick up speed around the track.

tommymac
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't disagree he should have handled it differently, I only said something because the difference bewteen someone screwing up 2 qualifying laps vs. your warm up lap is night and day.

Have you ever raced or done a track day? Just curious. No matter what your skill level, it's easier to go faster when you have a rabbit to chase. It's great when you are the one following, not so much when you're the rabbit being used to lower your competitors qualifying time and show them where they can pick up speed around the track.

They can also see where youre slower and faster which can help wityh passing in the race.

I agree on getting a tow, whenever I either follow someone or see a bike off in the distance my goal is to catch them and if/when I do and pass them I am like ok now what :lol:

shmike
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with getting a tow but I can see how the faster guys would be annoyed by it.

What I would have a problem with is them waiting ON THE RACE LINE for a tow.

Want to follow a fast guy? Fine: Ride along the grass until he passes you.

smileyman
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah, I raced (endurance and sprint) for many years. Never qualifying though, always gridded by points, entry time, or draw in. And I agree following a faster someone to learn the line is a good deal as long as you dont crash them getting in behind.

I think that would be something to use in P1 and 2 but not in Qualifying. If you did your homework that should be just you and the track, after all, if you can't do the time, your gonna get blown into the weeds in lap one no matter where you start...

anthonyk
05-16-2011, 08:17 PM
I could have sworn that punching incident from Stoner was during the Sunday morning warmup, not qualifying. :scratch:

Edit: Yep, WUP: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/warm+up+motogp+report+le+mans+gp

fasternyou929
05-16-2011, 10:01 PM
^My mistake, either I read an article that called it wrong or I rememberred it wrong. Either is completely plausible this week. :lol:

smileyman
05-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Well one of the most basic things they go over with you in prov nov school is not to slow on the racing line. Sure Depuniet might have been waiting for a tow but regardless if it was P1, 2 Q, or simply warm up, you do that off line. And I think if he spent less time looking back wards and more time working on his set up and pace he might fair better.

That said punching someone cause you dont get your way is dumb and immature.

L8 Braker
05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Speed.com has an AWESOME 5+ minute recap vid, and at about 2:32 it shows Pedrosa clearly out in front of Simoncelli going into the corner, when Simoncelli cuts into Dani's line, forcing Pedro down...The announcers go into detail about how it's Simo's fault...

VIDEO - SPEED - Le Mans (http://www.speedtv.com//video/moto-racing/motogp-french-gp-2011-944329774001/1)

Porkchop
05-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Ill agree marco made a dick move but dani was clearly out of control and overcooking prior to the collision

THIS.

Speed.com has an AWESOME 5+ minute recap vid, and at about 2:32 it shows Pedrosa clearly out in front of Simoncelli going into the corner, when Simoncelli cuts into Dani's line, forcing Pedro down...The announcers go into detail about how it's Simo's fault...

Bull.... Dani got in the corner at too deep of an angle and stood it up. You dont enter a corner at that angle without racing somebody thats on the outside of you. I think he saw Sic outbraking him on the outside, he knew he couldnt make the corner at that angle with someone on the outside, and stood it up. He would have run off, but planted it into Sics wheel. This is racing, not fucking motorcycle dancing. Besides, Sic was faster at the time.

You should read it again... it wasn't the warm-up lap, it was qualifying and RdP hosed 2 of Casey's laps by riding slow on the race line near start/finish.

From what I've read, that's been a pretty big issue during qualifying. People ride slow along the race line, waiting for someone to come by they can latch onto for a tow.

Crutchlow has some good commentary in the Moto 2 race about the problem.

L8 Braker
05-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Motogp.com has an AWESOME, and I mean AWESOME 4 minute recap video...The link for the video is below and so is the article that I found it in...

Here's the article...

MOTO RACING - MOTOGP: Noyes' Notebook: Anatomy Of An Overtaking, Pt. II (http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-noyes-notebook-the-anatomy-of-an-overtaking-pt-ii/P1)

Here's the link to the video...

Official 2011 MotoGP LeMans Rewind (http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/MotoGP+Rewind+Le+Mans)

smileyman
05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Motogp.com has an AWESOME, and I mean AWESOME 4 minute recap video...The link for the video is below and so is the article that I found it in...

Here's the article...

MOTO RACING - MOTOGP: Noyes' Notebook: Anatomy Of An Overtaking, Pt. II (http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-noyes-notebook-the-anatomy-of-an-overtaking-pt-ii/P1)

Here's the link to the video...

Official 2011 MotoGP LeMans Rewind (http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/MotoGP+Rewind+Le+Mans)

Eggsellent, eggsellent find!

Porkchop
05-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Schwantz. :lol: