PDA

View Full Version : Gary Carter with stage 4 brain cancer

tommymac
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Heard about this a few weeks ago and now they say its inoperable and stage 4. Def sux to hear.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2011/05/31/2011-05-31_gary_carter_has_stage_4_brain_cancer_family_con firms_hall_of_fame_catchers_tumor.html

derf
05-31-2011, 06:47 PM
:( Not cool, he was a great player back in the day, spent more time than other players hanging out with the fans. One of my earliest baseball memories is of handing him a glove to sign at the start of the 87 season over the wall at shea after a game, and he signed it, handed it back and said something completely forgettable.

ontwo
05-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Just watched him in last years legends and celebrity softball game. Sad. He was part of my childhoob baseball memories. He was the enemy but always a class act

tommymac
06-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Just watched him in last years legends and celebrity softball game. Sad. He was part of my childhoob baseball memories. He was the enemy but always a class act

he was the enemy withthe expos but was one of the saviors when he came to the mets and helped win the championship in 86.