PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Joined the club

Carolina
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-06-10-red-light-laws_N.htm

I hope Georgia will pass their law also. I always get stuck in a turning lane or at a light early in the morning or at night. There have been times when I got passed up about three times so I just ran them. nway prob old info but got to get my:pwhore2: in

:twfix:

WARputer
07-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the link buddy....I didn't know anything about this .

Audiomechanic
07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Don't know if Texas has this or not. I just go anyway if a couple cycles have gone by and the stupid light's still red.

NeonspeedRT
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Thats a pretty cool law. However I have a solution for sitting at a light that won't turn. A friend told me about this and it has worked 100% of the time i've used it over the last few months.

On a sportbike if you have a light that won't turn for you. Try and position yourself ontop of the sensors under the road. You can usually see the cutout or line where the sensor is located. With the bike running, hit your start button one time. It won't hurt the bike and it sends enough of an electric pulse for the sensor to detect you.

We have a light near us that wouldn't even change when Nee and I were on the bikes. We always had to move up and hope a car came up behind us or run the red. I've used this new method for a few months and it works 100% of the time.

z06boy
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Well I've learned two things in this thread. :rockwoot:
1. My state of NC passed this law in 2007 according to the article and I didn't even know it. :zowned:

2. Never heard of this "press the start button once" to trip the light either...

Phenix_Rider
07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Don't know if Texas has this or not. I just go anyway if a couple cycles have gone by and the stupid light's still red.

For the longest time, I never had a problem. Lately though, I've been stuck a lot more often. Like they've desensitized the detectors. One intersection in particular has a shitload of traffic one direction, and none at times in the other. If I get caught the wrong way at the wrong time, I've waited 10 minutes before I just found a gap in traffic and made the left. Same thing at a construction site last weekend- one lane, pitch black, around a corner. WTF do ya do there? After three minutes I put my sidestand down on the sensor. NOTHING. After 10 minutes, a cage pulled up behind me and it triggered right away. I was about ready to run it and just prepare to slip into the cones if something came the other way.

Cutty72
07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
can always push the cross walk button too (if there is one)
I just run it, cause if there is a cop behind you, they'll trip the light, and if there is a cop coming the other way, you shouldn't be going anyway, cause it's not clear :lol:

Carolina
07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Thats a pretty cool law. However I have a solution for sitting at a light that won't turn. A friend told me about this and it has worked 100% of the time i've used it over the last few months.

On a sportbike if you have a light that won't turn for you. Try and position yourself ontop of the sensors under the road. You can usually see the cutout or line where the sensor is located. With the bike running, hit your start button one time. It won't hurt the bike and it sends enough of an electric pulse for the sensor to detect you.

We have a light near us that wouldn't even change when Nee and I were on the bikes. We always had to move up and hope a car came up behind us or run the red. I've used this new method for a few months and it works 100% of the time.

Gotta try this one I just tried putting the kickstand down and it worked sometimes. Not at all lights and it's dangerous if someone would happen to come up all of a sudden:rockout::twfix: