PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with....

neebelung
07-14-2008, 07:43 AM
:rant:

.....people complaining about riding to a ride? :panic:

I don't fucking get it. Jax is a big city (in terms of square miles) -- it takes half an hour to get ANYWHERE in this city. So whenever we have a group ride meeting up, there's inevitably SOMEONE who wants to whine about the location of the meeting spot (to the point that often they won't COME if the meet spot is more than 20 minutes from where they live, OR they want us to stop 15 minutes into the ride to have a SECOND meeting spot to meet up with their lazy asses).

I don't get this. It's a RIDE. The point is to RIDE... to get some seat time, get some miles in... the point is NOT where we end up for lunch or the end destination - it's the miles in between those points. So why the fuck are you going to COMPLAIN about logging an extra few miles between your house and the meet spot??????????

I find the same complaint with regard to bike night. There's been a long-standing bike night here in town, that's only about 10 minutes from our house. We used to try to meet up early so we could get a RIDE in before going to bike night.... but there were always people from the other side of town who would complain and not come to bike night "cus it's too far away."

So now there's an "alternate" bike night on the other side of town... it's at least half an hour from where we live, so we meet up with people get (what a concept) take the long way there to get a ride in before going... when we get there, we see people we haven't seen in ages. Their comment? "OH this is only 5 minutes from our house, so we'll start coming out more now." WTF??? What is the adversity to RIDING...? I don't fucking get it!!! :panic:

Mr Lefty
07-14-2008, 07:52 AM
I dunno... then again... I'm riding 4K to watch a ride (motogp race) so I'm a bit crazy I guess... :lol:

neebelung
07-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I dunno... then again... I'm riding 4K to watch a ride (motogp race) so I'm a bit crazy I guess... :lol:

DAYUM!! :rockout:

We had a guy who lives about 2 hours away who intended to meet us to go riding yesterday. His wife slept in (she was coming with him), but he texted me while we were on the ride and said he'd come meet us for lunch (again, a couple hours from where he lives) and then the last leg of the ride. I told him I'm going to use HIM as an example the next time someone (local) whines about "it's too farrrrrrrrrrr....."

Mr Lefty
07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
fuck that... as long as I can afford the gas... I'll be doing long weekend runs at the gap with Trip... I'll be anoying Rae too as she's only 3 hours away from where I'm going...

shit I may just have to come bother you for a ride or two... ;)

Kat is on my list too...

really... if I've got the time and the $... I'll ride to where any one is... I still wanna hit the corners of the US on two wheels

Phenix_Rider
07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
heh. Some people just don't get it. I rode 75 miles (each way) to do a 150 mile ride saturday. I've ridden 100+ miles to a race, 60+ miles to a bike night, 55 miles to other rides, 75 miles each way next weekend to do a 150 mile charity ride as a marshal... Should be interesting, as the ride-ride is for bicycles.

neebelung
07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
shit I may just have to come bother you for a ride or two... ;)

We have a guest room and space in the garage, so bring it on!!

(and bring Kat and Rae with you!!! ;) )

the chi
07-14-2008, 11:07 AM
enh, those ppl I can only assume fall into the "fair weather" rider category...:idk: I just got back from a trip to ATL, on the bike, in the rain and sun (about 6 hour trip) and am not any the worse for wear. Actually, the sheer peace of the ride and just everything, like nirvana is the best description I can come up with...

And to all you ATL riders, you are INSANE!! That shit is less like riding than a full on contact sport, good heavens!!! I admire your capabilities, and shudder at your recklessness!!

And hell yeah, as long as I got the $$ i'm in!! Road trip anyone?!:dthumb:

OneSickPsycho
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
For some the point of motorcycles is not necessarily to ride them.

neebelung
07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
For some the point of motorcycles is not necessarily to ride them.

Very true.... for many women it seems it's the cache of "Oh, look how cool I am, I have a bike..." and for many men, it seems to be "Look how loud/shiny/bright my bike is, and how much money I've dumped into it." :lol:

Trip
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
And hell yeah, as long as I got the $$ i'm in!! Road trip anyone?!:dthumb:

Sure, how about in september, I think Indy sounds like a nice destination.

the chi
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Sure, how about in september, I think Indy sounds like a nice destination.

:lol:

I dont know, thats a lil far for me, you mean you want me to ride ALLLLL that way?? Oh my goodness!! I might die!!

heh heh heh, yeah right!

...gotta find me some good travelin tires, got my luggage already, savin the cash as we speak...hmmm, i think im already ready!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
some people just like to bitch and moan. In my experience, these are people that shouldnt be on motorcycles anyways. tell em to suck it up and put their big boy pants on.

Rider
07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll ride 45 minutes to meet people all the time, hell I'll ride 2 hours just to meet people for a ride, just ask Gas Man, P.O.D, and Drewpy.:moto:

Dave
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys. anyway, some friends and i went to wildwood this weekend, nice ninety mile trip with camelbaks on (btw taking a sip on the highway costs about 7 bucks the first time you do it) my roomate however put his bike in the back of a pickup, for which we of course gave him massive amounts of shit for bitching out.

Cutty72
07-14-2008, 12:44 PM
neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys. anyway, some friends and i went to wildwood this weekend, nice ninety mile trip with camelbaks on (btw taking a sip on the highway costs about 7 bucks the first time you do it) my roomate however put his bike in the back of a pickup, for which we of course gave him massive amounts of shit for bitching out.

I'm guessing you mean $7 of your $10 of attention?

neebelung
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys.

:lol: Awwwww...

Nah, seriously though, I'm not talking about THAT kind of riding. Not everyone wants to (or can) do serious longrange touring. I'm talking about people bitching about half an hour when we're already PLANNING an all day ride. The way I see it, that ride TO the ride just means your bike (and your butt!) will already be nice and warm once the real ride starts!

t-homo
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Shit a week ago, my friend called me up at 11:30, right after church, to see if I wanted to ride an hour and a half with him to go look at a new bike. We met 15 minutes later, filled up, and were gone.

I have started getting luggage for indy. Bought this (http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tank_bags/nelson_rigg/cl600_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html) tankbag used for 20 bucks and plan on getting the nelson-rigg standard saddle bags and rear tote bag. I also bought this (http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider_teamset) scala rider teamset headset package for rider-passenger communication, gps bluetooth, and cellphone bluetooth used off of a guy on a local forum for 125. Said its been used once on a 20 minute ride, but he never had a passenger after that. I'm hoping it will reach to another bike, but i'll have to see. He is selling a ton of stuff (including his x-box 360, this, chatterbox, xd9) to make a downpayment on a new r6 after a car pulled in front of him in a parking lot a couple weeks ago.

itgirl
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
heck, i don't even get the bike out if i am gonna be gone less than an hour. it ain't worth it. half the fun is getting there.

i just took a huge ride on my harley (the first of many, i hope) last friday with my xl forum peeps. we were gone from 12:30 until 6pm. now that's some riding! i loved every minute of it. i wish i had more free time to do that more often, but i definately do what i can. some people just don't make sense.

neebelung
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
i just took a huge ride on my harley (the first of many, i hope) last friday with my xl forum peeps. we were gone from 12:30 until 6pm. now that's some riding! i loved every minute of it. i wish i had more free time to do that more often, but i definately do what i can. some people just don't make sense.

And that's how it should be!! I left home at 10:30 a.m. yesterday, got home sometime after 4:00... great day, IMO. And I even took the long (WAY) long way home to get in some extra seat time (I was already out, the bike was warm and purring like a kitten, so why not? :shrug:)

6doublefive321
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm developing a scientific proof that shows that the amount of miles on a bike is inversely proportional to the amount of chrome on it. Anyone care to argue? (God, I'm bored)

http://65.57.254.60/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/Chrome_content.jpg

neebelung
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm developing a scientific proof that shows that the amount of miles on a bike is inversely proportional to the amount of chrome on it. Anyone care to argue? (God, I'm bored)

http://65.57.254.60/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/Chrome_content.jpg

:dvrofl: Oh my God, mind if I steal that?????

Dave
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm guessing you mean $7 of your $10 of attention?

yep ive been reading totw and ive started using those terms constantly. def had to explain myself the other day when i said i loved spending a nickel for shifts :P

Cutty72
07-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Not sure how many miles gas man has on the chop... but he sure has a lot of damn chrome!

fnfalman
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't get it either. People look at me like I'm crazy for taking my scooter on a 70-miles each way trip. Sure, it takes longer on the streets instead of the highway, but what the hell. That's what it's there for.

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
People who complain about the distance for group rides are basically saying that you aren't worth crossing town to ride with.

Mr Lefty
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
People who complain about the distance for group rides are basically saying that you aren't worth crossing town to ride with.
sounds like you've met marko! :lol:

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM

No, no! I didn't mean anyone specifically. Damn. Stupid words.

I'm just saying that if people aren't willing to ride 20-30 minutes to get to where you are, you aren't high on their list of priorities.

I have been known to drop EVERYTHING (work, wife, plans) in order to meet with an internet motorcycle buddy swinging through town. A 30 minute ride across town to hook up with riding buddies is a walk in the park.

Cutty72
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
No, no! I didn't mean anyone specifically. Damn. Stupid words.

I'm just saying that if people aren't willing to ride 20-30 minutes to get to where you are, you aren't high on their list of priorities.

I have been known to drop EVERYTHING (work, wife, plans) in order to meet with an internet motorcycle buddy swinging through town. A 30 minute ride across town to hook up with riding buddies is a walk in the park.

Na, he was just saying that if Marko can ride to the end of his block to ride with some people, or go the other way to ride alone... he'll ride alone :lol:

Mr Lefty
07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
:lol:yeah I was just giving Marko shit cause he's kinda anti socal when it comes to riding with us

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Shit. I ride a Buell. EVERYONE rides the other way. :idk:

t-homo
07-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Shit. I ride a Buell. EVERYONE rides the other way. :idk:

Not Marko, he'd probably suck you off from his Buell.

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Not Marko, he'd probably suck you off from his Buell.

Um...mental note. Avoid Marko.

Dave
07-14-2008, 10:07 PM
buahahahahahaha

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 10:07 PM
T-Rock,

Do you know a guy named Brian who rides a white Buell Firebolt with a full faring and walks with a cane?

He lives in Mexico, MO.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=pict&file=114135.jpg

Mr Lefty
07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
:lol: Marko's cool... he's just... abrasive...

Dave
07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
T-Rock,

Do you know a guy named Brian who rides a white Buell Firebolt with a full faring and walks with a cane?

He lives in Mexico, MO.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=pict&file=114135.jpg

isint that just BEGGING to overheat?

t-homo
07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
T-Rock,

He lives in Mexico, MO.

Nope. I'm definitely going to be watching for him though. That is a sweet looking bike. Get him on here.

FT BSTRD
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
isint that just BEGGING to overheat?

Actually, no. The farings actually help to cool the engine better.

Nope. I'm definitely going to be watching for him though. That is a sweet looking bike. Get him on here.

He goes by the handle Diablobrian on BadWeb. Really nice guy. Got plowed by a bike and was nearly ripped in half. The only thing that was holding all the parts together were his leathers. Doctors didn't think he would ever walk again. Obviously, he can still walk as well as ride.

I visited the Zenith Aircraft Company about 3 years ago. I'm assuming you head south for curves? I've got family in Joplin, Springfield and Nevada.

Dave
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM

interesting :rockwoot:

t-homo
07-15-2008, 12:17 AM

He goes by the handle Diablobrian on BadWeb. Really nice guy. Got plowed by a bike and was nearly ripped in half. The only thing that was holding all the parts together were his leathers. Doctors didn't think he would ever walk again. Obviously, he can still walk as well as ride.

I visited the Zenith Aircraft Company about 3 years ago. I'm assuming you head south for curves? I've got family in Joplin, Springfield and Nevada.

Yeah, around mexico there isn't a whole lot for roads. I am going to school down in springfield and can't wait to ride the roads down in ozark country.

neebelung
07-15-2008, 07:45 AM

But you know... when ya put it like that, I'm okay with it. :lol:

the chi
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
:lol: this just made me laugh, I was remembering my trip to Jennings to meet another member in person, in the rain, on the bike, it was worth it!! Had a great time!! Whining about 30 mins...

Becca_007
07-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow. I will often ride for 45 minutes on the expressway by myself to get to a ride. Bigger group of people in that area and that's where the ride starts so that's where I go. I don't make it every week, but rarely miss two in a row.

Audiomechanic
07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I'd ride across town to meet up with a biker or group....if there was anyone to meet. Houston FTL. :cry:

Houston is a big city...really big. Area-wise, it's probably #2 in the country. Takes about 45 minutes to get from one city limit to the other @ 70mph.

neebelung
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I'd ride across town to meet up with a biker or group....if there was anyone to meet. Houston FTL. :cry:

Houston is a big city...really big. Area-wise, it's probably #2 in the country. Takes about 45 minutes to get from one city limit to the other @ 70mph.

Jax is the same way. Biggest city in the U.S. in terms of square miles. :panic:

Nighthawk
07-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Last weekend I called Drewpy and said I would meet him in the morning at DEAL'S GAP. 11 hours of riding and a new back tire in Knoxville, we rode the Dragon about 6 times. The last time was with Ben and his gang, I think a little over the limit. (I was in the back) 8 hour trip back home with 4 hours of rain.
I can ride tons of miles in a day and not get sore, 6 times through the Dragon in one night this old man was hurting for 5 days.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
:lol: father and son on deals gap... brings a tear to my eye

marko138
07-17-2008, 09:25 PM

You guys are really a bunch of ass wipes. It's not that I won't ride with people....it's that I don't trust people. I'd rather ride by myself than with knuckleheads who I don't know. Those are the kind of jabrones who get me hurt. Fuck that. And fuck you.

I ride with a few select.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 09:28 PM
calm down... I know why you do what you do... I'm just bust'n your balls...

what happened to marko's thick skin?

anywhoo... I'll ride with anyone once... if I don't feel comfortable... I'll leave and won't do it again...

marko138
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
calm down... I know why you do what you do... I'm just bust'n your balls...

what happened to marko's thick skin?

anywhoo... I'll ride with anyone once... if I don't feel comfortable... I'll leave and won't do it again...
I know you know. You know.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I know... I know...

fuck you

marko138
07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Thank you.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-17-2008, 09:34 PM
fuck you both.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
fuck you both.

==|===|===|===|===|===

NONE_too_SOFT
07-17-2008, 09:41 PM
==|===|===|===|===|===

fuck you twice.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
:lol:

marko138
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure why two doods are fucking each other here.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM

:panic:

Cutty72
07-17-2008, 11:07 PM

read my sig... you know.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
don't you have a... oh.. never mind... you got shit canned

Cutty72
07-17-2008, 11:23 PM
don't you have a... oh.. never mind... you got shit canned

I'm temporarily employed by the military. kinda like you.
So you could say we work together... buddy ;)

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm fully employed by the military... not a fuck'n weekender bitch like you! :lol:

ahh... who am I kidding... Im in the AF...

move to MS and open up a motorcycle shop... so I can mooch! :lol:

Cutty72
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm fully employed by the military... not a fuck'n weekender bitch like you! :lol:

ahh... who am I kidding... Im in the AF...

move to MS and open up a motorcycle shop... so I can mooch! :lol:

currently I work every day for the military.
and being as I'm army, and you are AF, I probalby do more in a week than you do in a month. :lol:

and yeah... of all the places to move, MS is really NOT very high on the list. Definatly would rather deal with blizzards than hurricains.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2008, 11:33 PM
well normally I'd agree with you working more... but over the last couple months and for the next 7... not a chance... come in at 630 leave at 730... only really get on here durring my lunch. the rest of the time... I'm running around putting out fires... this coming week will be slow though with the exercise... then back to over drive.

Cutty72
07-17-2008, 11:37 PM
yup, i organized the TM library for the last couple days.
Now I'm going to start packing up and listing tools for turn in.

really hard and tedious work

8-4 :D

dReWpY
07-18-2008, 02:16 AM
cutty got shit canned, sorry to hear, where did i miss that thread...

Dave
07-18-2008, 03:54 AM

turns out its not gay if you are demonstrating :whistle:

marko138
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
read my sig... you know.

Understood.

Mr Lefty
07-18-2008, 08:49 PM
and yeah... of all the places to move, MS is really NOT very high on the list. Definatly would rather deal with blizzards than hurricains.

blah... move a bit further north... or just move to TN :lol: soon... we'll end up with a fuck'n TWFix neighborhood :lol:

Cutty72
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
cutty got shit canned, sorry to hear, where did i miss that thread...

see "need a new job"

still looking... apps in for full time guard position.

WildKat
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Im not one to normally make an ironbutt from PA to the Gap; I'd rather trailer and save my tires however on weekend rides or day rides if somebody is a half hour or hour away and they want to go for a ride then why not; lets do it. I mean we are going to ride on this ride right? LOL.

ok carry on, just wanted to throw in my .02.. back to your regularly scheduled hijack :lol: oh btw if Im down at the gap can I crash in your TWFix neighborhood community couch or something?

ybslow
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
When you are asked to go on a ride, your 1st response should be hell ya, where we riding to. I dont like people who bitch about the meeting place. Rae and I ride approximately 40 miles to our meet up place on Sundays.

Dave
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
When you are asked to go on a ride, your 1st response should be hell ya, where we riding to. I dont like people who bitch about the meeting place. Rae and I ride approximately 40 miles to our meet up place on Sundays.

wanna cruise philly? :whistle:

Mr Lefty
07-25-2008, 03:11 AM

just remember that's gonna increase come March... I think Biloxi is a bit further than 40 miles ;)