PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Chain Lube

Phenix_Rider
07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm fed up with this stuff. Every single time I lube my chain, the crap is all over my wheel and swingarm!

Silkolene "Maintain" Chain Lube sucks!

"No Fling" my ass. I think it had a guarantee- maybe I can get some money back. I HATE it. Just washed my bike, and now the rear is filthy again. I did absolutely everything I could to prevent fling- cleaned the chain, wiped it down, made a quick 7 mile loop to heat the chain up, used as little as possible, let it sit overnight. The first time I used the Silkolene, my wheel and swingarm were BLACK. Figured I used too much, so I cut back the next time- same thing. Third time, and they're dirty AGAIN! The shit's on the swingarm, the chain guard, exhaust, rim, hub, and the inside of the tire- almost dangerous! If it managed to get even 1/2" around the tread side, it could be life threatening.

Worst Product EVER. Fucking garbage. I'm going to buy another can of Maxima's Chain Wax today and redo it- after I clean my wheel and swingarm AGAIN.

marko138
07-18-2008, 10:04 AM
DuPont Teflon shit from Lowe's. Cash money.

Trip
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I use bel ray super clean. It doesn't fling, but it will leave a white dust residue for the first few miles.

FT BSTRD
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
What is this chain lube of which you speak? :idk:

Amber Lamps
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Amsoil metal protector FTW!

Phenix_Rider
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Picked up a can of chain wax. Got soaked on the way home- 75 miles. Got home, ate, showered, blacked out. Have to clean and lube it today.

Amsoil metal protector FTW!

? I'll have to look for it.

Amber Lamps
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Picked up a can of chain wax. Got soaked on the way home- 75 miles. Got home, ate, showered, blacked out. Have to clean and lube it today.

? I'll have to look for it.

I like it,it flings a little but unlike chain wax you can clean it off the body panels of your bike with heavy solvents!

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
What is this chain lube of which you speak? :idk:

:iagree:

tho i'm sure I have a can of bel ray sitting around the garage for comonboys.

comonboys
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
:iagree:

tho i'm sure I have a can of bel ray sitting around the garage for comonboys.

Why would I need lube......:drool::whistle:

No Worries
07-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Dupont Teflon FTW, see what others say: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-lube.htm

ceo012384
07-23-2008, 01:18 AM

I just found a 6-can case of that for 31 bucks. Bought it. Good shit.

Phenix_Rider
07-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Arrrgghhhhh!! Cleaned/Lubed my chain and it's been raining since!

marko138
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Dupont Teflon FTW, see what others say: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-lube.htm
When I had a chain I had no complaints. Worked very well.

Cutty72
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Why would I need lube......:drool::whistle:

for the chain on the bike that you've yet to lube in the last how many miles? :idk:

comonboys
07-23-2008, 07:32 PM
for the chain on the bike that you've yet to lube in the last how many miles? :idk:

Totally killed it and I told you.... You spend time politely and patiently explain what I need to do then I will do it.... However, I have no idea, and everytime you showed me on the baby HP and I asked questions you got to be a complete jackass so I walked away before I clocked you across the face. So :overkill:

Amber Lamps
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Totally killed it and I told you.... You spend time politely and patiently explain what I need to do then I will do it.... However, I have no idea, and everytime you showed me on the baby HP and I asked questions you got to be a complete jackass so I walked away before I clocked you across the face. So :overkill:

Geepers I wish I had a girlfriend on the forum......

Cutty72
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I guess I didn't think that applying lube to a chain what the difficult of a task.

Not like brain surgery.

step 1, locate bike with chain
step 2, locate chain lube
step 3, apply said lube to said chain on said bike.

Amber Lamps
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I guess I didn't think that applying lube to a chain what the difficult of a task.

Not like brain surgery.

Oooo this is getting good!

Dnyce
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM

:lol: no :diitb:4cutty

WildKat
07-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I use bel ray super clean. It doesn't fling, but it will leave a white dust residue for the first few miles.

:rockout: that's what I use as well...very little flingage ( is that a word? ) if any. It can be a bitch of a pain to get off your swingarm though if you accidentally get it when doing your chain cuz it's real tacky.

comonboys
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Not like brain surgery.

Yes, but as you always love to point out to me and everyone else. I don't always know what ACTUALLY as the book of GOD or Cutty would do it as.... And if I do it one little bit wrong all hell will break lose. So f off and show me how to do it a couple times because you showed me on my OLD bike.... And don't give me the BS that there all the same. I want to make sure I am doing it right.............

:rant:

Gas Man
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Geepers I wish I had a girlfriend on the forum......

Yeah no shit... but its damn funny for the rest of us!!

WildKat
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah no shit... but its damn funny for the rest of us!!

Awe do you want a girlfriend on the forum too; Im sure I could arrange that :whistle:

Amber Lamps
07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Awe do you want a girlfriend on the forum too; Im sure I could arrange that :whistle:

Ok first it was threads about riding two up with another guy and now offering to be GM's "girlfriend" oh oh....:leaving:

Phenix_Rider
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Wonder if they were sitting on opposite ends of the couch to type that? :whistle:

WildKat
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Ok first it was threads about riding two up with another guy and now offering to be GM's "girlfriend" oh oh....:leaving:

Trust me it's not me Im offering up... GM has a thing for a certain person I know :whistle:

JoJoYZF
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Trust me it's not me Im offering up... GM has a thing for a certain person I know :whistle:

I wonder what the wifey thinks about this

Amber Lamps
07-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Whew! Good! Well I'll let you get back to helping him commit adultery then...

Gas Man
07-26-2008, 08:44 AM

Hell yeah!!

Not N4S aka Doctor Kat... I like the Nurse instead.

Yeah you bastard... hoggin her all to yourself... DAMN YOU FOO

I wonder what the wifey thinks about this

She has known... she knows my penis likes to try to lead my life...

Whew! Good! Well I'll let you get back to helping him commit adultery then...

Yes, please and thank you!

WildKat
07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
She was just asking about you the other day in her sleep... AGAIN :shrug:

Gas Man
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
She was just asking about you the other day in her sleep... AGAIN :shrug:
Good then my dreams aren't the only one... :D