PDA

View Full Version : Coke nut bay, Thursday

Gunther1000
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
So there I was in a sea of chumps in the blazing hot night of the Murfreesboro bike gathering of all things cool. I take a stroll around and bam, A friendly face. None other than the Droopster himself. I missed his message about going so I rolled alone. So we checked it out, Huffed a little carbon monoxide to get to feeling right while all the really smart kids reved there bikes to the revlimiter all night. After long enough of all this fun, we thought Buffalo wings sounded right so across the street we went.

Having my debit card info stolen last weekend and being with out a card (the other one was just turned off and the new one is in the mail) I was packing the check book. Well no place on earth, Buffalo wild wings included, Take a freaking 1960s check anymore (I know, so low tech!) The stand up guy that is known as drewpy picks up the wing tab.

I knew I was low on gas but its not a far trip home and the bikes light JUST came on on the way out there so I'm thinking im good....

We leave, Fuel light is now on solid... Umm ok, Its really low but I have never ran out yet on this or other GSX-R's just came close so I figure were good and think no more of it. Like I said The light had just came on maybe 10 miles before on the way out.

I have gone 50 plus miles once the light comes on many times.

So on the way home all that open expressway was to much for me to take and the Gsxr had to strech its legs. so We turn it up a little and were slowed by a nasty crash with glass and various car parts spaning the e-way.

Cleared that and gas it again. Bwaaaahhhha bike starts to starve for Fuel.
Uh no.. Rocking it back and forth while cranking it it fires back up and I didnt have to stop.

Well this continues for about 3-4 miles... then she really gets serious about dying and were on the shoulder. re-fire and gasing it worked pretty good for another few miles.

Gas station now in sight and wouldnt you know it a fucking hill to get up the off ramp. Well I see my main man Drewpy ahead stopping to help a brother out with the pushing and Bamm One more spark of life! Clutch out, Gas on and were rolling. coast coast, Air humping included I made it!

Now for the fun part, Remember that check situation? Yup Habeeb at the BP was not playing that game either! Wouldn't cash me out for $15 If I wrote it for $20... Nothing.

So back to my homie to see what he's working with and you know what his Man Bag was full of change! As were diging that out I recall at the bay there was a really cool Marketing ploy with a Dollar bill taped to there flyer (Thanks All things Crome!) that was tucked in my back pocket! Boom $3.34 worth of Mid-Grade and Im home!

You have to love a simple trip turning into an event!

But since it was drewpy's fault he was more than willing to help out!

A good rider at your side is worth more than all the money in the world! (even if you can get to your money via check)

:twfix:

FT BSTRD
07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Mental note. Gunther sucks at fuel management. :yes:

dReWpY
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
:lol:

damnit trip....

Gunther1000
07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
lol I am trying to eat lunch and cant stop laughing at your fucking new found identity!

Samwell