PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good rain suit?

NeonspeedRT
07-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok,
I'm thinking about picking up a good rainsuit for the bike. I'm leaning towards Frogtogs, but I wanted to get some other ideas. Alot of the rainsuits I see are really long in the back, so they might not work on a sportbike.

My main requirements are that: the suit be waterproof, it breathes somewhat, and is visible (bright color, reflective, or both). So what is everyone here using for a rainsuit?

dReWpY
07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
m2r one piece was like 20 bucks from iron pony, stands up to 100mph speeds keeps me dry, just isnt very breatheable

OneSickPsycho
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
M2R from Iron Pony. Keeps me dry, keeps me warm, and it's only $20.

Rider
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Tourmaster Sentinel Rain suit $120 for the set and the pants zip together with the jacket

the chi
07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
friggin hate rainsuits, but I have found the teknic one works well, approx $40-60 and comes in a lovely shade of flourescent yellow (note the sarcasm)...also, the cheap ones from walmart will hold up for a trip or 2 in case of emergency($20-50)...military issued rain gear is also quite nice, and I have yet to find a rainsuit that breathes!

just a heads up to ya'll that ride with luggage, i hear alot of complaints about luggage rain covers, you can take a poncho or even an old rainsuit jacket, bungee it around your bag and it works awesome. Make sure you keep out what you need however, cuz its a bitch to get in and out of...

Amber Lamps
07-18-2008, 08:11 PM
friggin hate rainsuits, but I have found the teknic one works well, approx $40-60 and comes in a lovely shade of flourescent yellow (note the sarcasm)...also, the cheap ones from walmart will hold up for a trip or 2 in case of emergency($20-50)...military issued rain gear is also quite nice, and I have yet to find a rainsuit that breathes!

just a heads up to ya'll that ride with luggage, i hear alot of complaints about luggage rain covers, you can take a poncho or even an old rainsuit jacket, bungee it around your bag and it works awesome. Make sure you keep out what you need however, cuz its a bitch to get in and out of...

For what it's worth Rae,I found this on Iron Pony..

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/tmjktbkblwh.jpg/Brand/TOUR%20MASTER/Class2/Rain%20Gear/Class3/Rain%20Suits/Class1/DIRT%20PRODUCTS

I don't know if you wear extra small or not...

Also,they don't seem to carry the one piece anymore but they do have a Tourmaster 2-piece for $23.

Mr Lefty
07-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I was looking at a tour master one... one nice thing is it had an elastic hood that went UNDER your helmet... to help keep your neck and back dry from water entering the collar

'73 H1 Triple
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I have a Nelson Riggs 2 piece rain suit. Works great and it's easy to get on too. ( I wear size 11-1/2 EEEE boots. )

It's a two piece and has plenty of reflective strips on it.

Worked very well this morning during the "gully washer" I rode to work in.

Jeff

jtemple
08-06-2008, 09:22 PM
All the riders I camped with at Sturgis were raving about Frogtogs and how great they are.

'73 H1 Triple
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
All the riders I camped with at Sturgis were raving about Frogtogs and how great they are.

My wife wanted rain gear for pike fishing in Ontario Canada. I was going to get her Frogtogs from Cabelas ( www.cabelas.com ) until I read the reviews. Seems the frogtogs they offered split and tore very easily :idk:

jtemple
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
My wife wanted rain gear for pike fishing in Ontario Canada. I was going to get her Frogtogs from Cabelas ( www.cabelas.com (http://www.cabelas.com) ) until I read the reviews. Seems the frogtogs they offered split and tore very easily :idk:Buyer beware then, I suppose. I didn't do much homework when it came to rain gear. I just needed something to get me through one trip. If it only lasted for one ride, it was good enough. So I bought the cheapest piece of crap I could find. I'm done with my trip and here my rain gear sits, still in the original packaging.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
i heard frog toggs were the shit

'73 H1 Triple
08-09-2008, 04:47 PM
My wife wanted rain gear for pike fishing in Ontario Canada. I was going to get her Frogtogs from Cabelas ( www.cabelas.com ) until I read the reviews. Seems the frogtogs they offered split and tore very easily :idk:

I looked at the Frog Togs at the cycle dealer today. They looked much better than the ones offered at Cabelas.

Maybe they actually are a higher quality? :idk: