View Full Version : Think its time to go track and not look back

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Had a wonderful weekend up at the Dragon with some GREAT new friends this past weekend. We were there to celebrate the life of a wonderful man/rider that was killed up there Thursday but a Semi Truck that blocked the entire rode and ended up killing the rider (more to come on that in another thread).

I had a great time as always but ended up having a little too much fun with a fellow rider (wera racer) and gave him a run for his money through the twisties and did a hard roll on on a HUGE straight only to look up the road and see blue lights. SHIT! I asked him what to do (RUN RUN RUN) but we decided to pull over. Maybe professional curtesy would save us...no. I'm screwed. Trip...you know a good lawyer in Graham county? I'm not worried about the money.

Kathy is a VERY VERY VERY VERY bad girl :didntdo::wtfru::tremble:

I'm starting to feel like I need to just decommission the Ol' Gix and get something with a little less "ovaries". I just dont feel like I'm having fun lately unless I'm hauling. I love my bike to death but she is working very hard to strip me of my license (clean record up to this point) and could have very easily landed me in jail this weekend. I'm an idiot.

azoomm
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Bummer. Good luck on the ticket. There have been times I've thought about giving up riding on the street. Then I got a BMW and hit the open road... I love this. I think there is a time and place for all antics, the street just isn't that place.

Kaneman
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
FTP, good luck!!

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
You damn kids and your crotch rockets...

Plead insanity. Only a crazy person would ride that fast, right?

JC

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
well i'm hoping once/if I get past this that I can maybe have enough money left to pick up the Honda NT700V I have been eyeing. Maybe bring my pace down and be able to smell the flowers a little more. I'll put the Gix on the track...hell, maybe i'll even go for a WERA license. who knows. I just want to get past October at this point with out giving myself high blood pressure

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 10:59 AM
The guy that got pulled over with me was also a cop. Figured we had a good chance to at least get it reduced. No such luck. He tried to talk to him and the cop even told him to step back for his own personal safety? Wha?

Maybe we should start a contest on:

"How fast was Kathy riding on a public street?"

Fuck Me!

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm in.

127 mph.

JC

tommymac
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm in.

127 mph.

JC

thats crazy talk, her gsxr doesnt have enough stickers to go that fast :lol:

I would assume that se didnt get radar on you, and may be under 100 since you guys didnt get arrested/bikes impounded.

Trip
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I can ask around and see who people use, Kathy.

Trip
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm starting to feel like I need to just decommission the Ol' Gix and get something with a little less "ovaries". I just dont feel like I'm having fun lately unless I'm hauling. I love my bike to death but she is working very hard to strip me of my license (clean record up to this point) and could have very easily landed me in jail this weekend. I'm an idiot.

That's where I was in 08 with the 600RR, I bought the GS and haven't looked back. Track days were too pricey to do all the time and I still love riding on street.

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 11:16 AM
sorry JC. You're off...and yes my little Gix had a great time at the track a few weeks ago. Apparently both she and I haven't slowed down yet. Fuck me!

KSGregman
08-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm starting to feel like I need to just decommission the Ol' Gix and get something with a little less "ovaries". I just dont feel like I'm having fun lately unless I'm hauling.

I got ride of my GSX-R750 for the same reason....I wasn't "enjoying the ride"....I was bored unless I was wringing my bikes neck. I got pulled once for 120 in a 55 on a county road in the southern flint hills....got off with a 20 minute lecture....got pulled for 91 in a 35 in a State Park near El Dorado lake....got off with another warning.

I decided that was enough....so I sold the 750. I got the M109-R as a compromise towards more cruising and less "I gotta be hauling ass or I'm not having fun".....I bought it new in 2007....and am ready to fully commit to just "cruising" now....probably a new Concours 14 in my future.

101lifts2
08-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Just tell us the speed....and did he give ur cop friend a ticket too?

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a change of ride type is in order. Honestly it's not the speed as much as it's pushing the bike to the limits. Maybe a KLR or F650GS (something with one cyl.) - you can flog the piss out of it and have a blast doing it?

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 12:22 PM
i have riden them and hate them. They dont' handle well. I have ridden sport bikes since i got my license in 2004. I love putting leathers on and carving up back roads. Its the ONLY thing I have in my life right now that really makes me happy. I will not be satisfied with my only bike being some thumper or cruiser.

tommymac
08-08-2011, 12:27 PM
i have riden them and hate them. They dont' handle well. I have ridden sport bikes since i got my license in 2004. I love putting leathers on and carving up back roads. Its the ONLY thing I have in my life right now that really makes me happy. I will not be satisfied with my only bike being some thumper or cruiser.

key word there is only. Now as a chick I am sure you have way too many shoes. Now you cant wear them all at once. Its the same with bikes, you need different ones for different occasions :lol:

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I have lots of shoes but only really wear one pair.

And I was clocked doing 141 in a 55. as I said before. Fuck me. I have never had a point on my licence before..shit I dont even jay walk. :(

tommymac
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM

And I was clocked doing 141 in a 55. as I said before. Fuck me. I have never had a point on my licence before..shit I dont even jay walk. :(

Go big or go home I guess LOL

pauldun170
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Go big or go home I guess LOL

:lol

derf
08-08-2011, 12:51 PM

wa?!?damn!

yeh you definitely need a lawyer, almost triple the speed limit.

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
If you have ever wanted to see what a lil girl looks like when she just entered the would of criminal activity....here is me, contimplating how to punch myself the hardest.

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Holy fuck, girl. How did you even walk away with out shiny new jewlery and a ride in the back of a Crown Vic? :eek:

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Boobs i guess. and a cop as my partner in crime. I got arrested "on paper"

Kaneman
08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
GODDAMN SON!!!!

Still got you beat with my 145 in a 55 though...but just barely.

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
are you still legal to drive? Girly likes to ride fast...what can I say?

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey, you've got MY respect!

Tmall
08-08-2011, 01:25 PM

I'm fucking impressed! I thought I got it bad last year with 105 in a 60.

tommymac
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
If you have ever wanted to see what a lil girl looks like when she just entered the would of criminal activity....here is me, contimplating how to punch myself the hardest.

Marko was with you :lol:

Trip
08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Marko was with you :lol:

LOL, my thoughts too. Marko is getting around, first Boston, now the backwoods of NC.

tommymac
08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
LOL, my thoughts too. Marko is getting around, first Boston, now the backwoods of NC.

he said hes going to NC this weekend.

Trip
08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
he said hes going to NC this weekend.

Must be his outer banks trip. We need to go there for the rally next year when Marko is there. LOL Force him to come to a rally. HA HA

tommymac
08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Must be his outer banks trip. We need to go there for the rally next year when Marko is there. LOL Force him to come to a rally. HA HA

He will be an unwilling participant

KSGregman
08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
/off topic
Couldn't have been Marko....there is a motorcycle in the picture. :lol:

/ontopic
So what's next? Do you have a courtdate? Is your license kaput?

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 03:00 PM
/off topic
Couldn't have been Marko....there is a motorcycle in the picture. :lol:

:lmao:

the chi
08-08-2011, 03:12 PM
:jd: Holy hell woman. I hope TN doesnt have a Super Speeder law like GA does, you'd have just lost your license. Congrats on the achievement tho, that is impressive. You'll have to keep us posted on the outcome. When's your court date?

HokieDNA01
08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
i was in NC, court date is October. And yes I am aware I could lose my license. Up to 3 years and 2 months in jail.

Sad part was i was only in 5th gear.

the chi
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
i was in NC, court date is October. And yes I am aware I could lose my license. Up to 3 years and 2 months in jail.

Sad part was i was only in 5th gear.

Ouch. Thats painful. What I was referring to was a law they recently passed in the last 2 years or so here in GA, called the Super Speeder. Not only do they get you on the actual offense, but theres more fines and punishment the state can tack on once the local LEO's are done with you up to and including losing your license, its pretty ugly and had alot of ppl screaming double jeopardy when they were passing it. Hopefully they dont have that in NC.

I bet a good attorney can save your license tho...I know in our lil small city our Judge is willing to work with folks who are willing to work with us and if you're attorney can work out an agreement ahead of time, you might never even have to appear, just pay a fine and the attorney and be done with it.

NOLO is a good term to remember if they have it up there too, here it means you accept the fine, but are not admitting guilt and its not reported to the state, maybe saving you points and license headache.

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Meh - just tell 'em you REALLY had to pee....

fasternyou929
08-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Ouch. Thats painful. What I was referring to was a law they recently passed in the last 2 years or so here in GA, called the Super Speeder. Not only do they get you on the actual offense, but theres more fines and punishment the state can tack on once the local LEO's are done with you up to and including losing your license, its pretty ugly and had alot of ppl screaming double jeopardy when they were passing it. Hopefully they dont have that in NC.

I bet a good attorney can save your license tho...I know in our lil small city our Judge is willing to work with folks who are willing to work with us and if you're attorney can work out an agreement ahead of time, you might never even have to appear, just pay a fine and the attorney and be done with it.

NOLO is a good term to remember if they have it up there too, here it means you accept the fine, but are not admitting guilt and its not reported to the state, maybe saving you points and license headache.
It's called PJC (Prayer for Judgment Continued or some nonsense) here in NC, but you'd be really hard pressed to find a DA willing to take that on a speeding ticket of that magnitude.

NC is ridiculous when it comes to speeding. Example: if you have an NC license, a ticket for 15mph over is an automatic loss of license until your court date. Speeding 10mph or more in a 55+ zone nets the same result (I nearly lost my license for driving 78 in a 65, whereas driving 38 in a 25 just would have been a ticket... brilliant!).

Anyway, the short of it is: NC is brutal when it comes to speeding. Just get a lawyer and let him handle it. I don't have any to suggest, I just used the "city data" forum to research local experiences when I received a ticket near Boone.

Hope all works out for ya! In the end, it'll just be about the money, and it sounds like you're already geared up for that aspect.

tommymac
08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
In the end its always all about the money, although this time around they may hammer you guys harder.

Kaneman
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM

This was years ago. He actually didn't write me or arrest me....very strange story.

jtemple
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I was headed down the same road on my ZX-10R. I sold it, bought my Husky, and haven't looked back. It's tough to even break 90mph on my Husky, yet I've ran to the edge of knobby tires in the twisties, all while being able to go anywhere I want, paved or not.

the chi
08-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Informative but not too uplifting 929. :lol:

fasternyou929
08-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Informative but not too uplifting 929. :lol:

I kept trying to put a positive spin on "an old-fashioned sand-fucking" but couldn't find the words. :lol:

The good thing is she has a TN license, so the worst NC can do is take away her privilege to drive in NC. I have no idea how the TN DMV reacts to data from other states. Hopefully it's like MI was about 10 years ago and they just tell other states to piss in the wind. :)

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I kept trying to put a positive spin on "an old-fashioned sand-fucking" but couldn't find the words. :lol:

The good thing is she has a TN license, so the worst NC can do is take away her privilege to drive in NC. I have no idea how the TN DMV reacts to data from other states. Hopefully it's like MI was about 10 years ago and they just tell other states to piss in the wind. :)

Unfortunately for little miss speedy pants, (sorry Hokie :lol:) NC has a reciprocal arrangement with TN. So, if NC decides you can't drive there anymore, TN can take your rocket pass.

JC

derf
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Kathy Good news and bad news:

The good:
You shouldn't loose your license. From what I can find online you will only get 6 points for your ticket (40mph+), and you need 12 points to loose your driving privileged. And even that I believe that you can only get a 2 point penalty because you were driving out of state. Unless you got multiple tickets, then you may have a problem. A look through google didnt show anything that said VA will suspend your license if it gets suspended in another state

http://www.dmv.org/va-virginia/point-system.php

The bad:
You are probably not gonna drive in NC for a while, they do suspend your driving privileged in the state for speeding 15mph+

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/North-Carolina-speeding-ticket.html

also see your PM box for an uplifting story

derf
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately for little miss speedy pants, (sorry Hokie :lol:) NC has a reciprocal arrangement with TN. So, if NC decides you can't drive there anymore, TN can take your rocket pass.

JC

The State sharing law doesnt mean that they will suspend your liscense just that they share information.

Anyway, TN dropped out of the compact in 97

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact

Captain Morgan
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Fuck Me!

Fuck me!

Fuck me.

You've said this three times and nobody has stepped up to the plate yet.

Dibbs!!! :rockwoot:

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Kathy Good news and bad news:

The good:
You shouldn't loose your license. From what I can find online you will only get 6 points for your ticket (40mph+), and you need 12 points to loose your driving privileged. And even that I believe that you can only get a 2 point penalty because you were driving out of state. Unless you got multiple tickets, then you may have a problem. A look through google didnt show anything that said VA will suspend your license if it gets suspended in another state

http://www.dmv.org/va-virginia/point-system.php

The bad:
You are probably not gonna drive in NC for a while, they do suspend your driving privileged in the state for speeding 15mph+

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/North-Carolina-speeding-ticket.html

also see your PM box for an uplifting story

I don't think Virginia will take her license, since she lives in Tennessee. :lol:

JC

derf
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't think Virginia will take her license, since she lives in Tennessee. :lol:

JC

Shows you how much I know! I really thought she lived in VA, fack me, that was a solid 10 minutes worth of research on VA driving laws

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Shows you how much I know! I really thought she lived in VA, fack me, that was a solid 10 minutes worth of research on VA driving laws

That's Ok, I didn't realize that Tennessee was no longer in the program, so we're even, (except that you're still a Jew).

JC

derf
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
That's Ok, I didn't realize that Tennessee was no longer in the program, so we're even, (except that you're still a Jew).

JC

Hells yeh they are not part of the program, but you are still a Kanye West (best insult ever)

askmrjesus
08-08-2011, 05:52 PM
:lol:

JC

Particle Man
08-08-2011, 07:44 PM
You've said this three times and nobody has stepped up to the plate yet.

Dibbs!!! :rockwoot:

Gas Man
08-09-2011, 04:29 AM
I say hire a lawyer. That much is certain. I did even for my last simple ticket in knoxville city, tn. $200 and don't get another ticket thr in 6 months, original tkt goes bye bye. But I was talking normal speeding (aka 15-20 over).

I too will echo the bike change up. I was the same way, with the mentality like trip. Track is pricey! I have NEVER regretted my changes in riding choice, and think my current hd has been the best choice.

Plus ask your lawyer, how would it look if you sold the bike after the ticket. I bet tt would vote well for your change of heart. Buy into a "cruiser" of choice.

Can't wait to hear how this one plays out.

Trip
08-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Kathy, found some lawyers for you, send you a pm on facebook cause I know you don't check here often.

Looni2ns
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
So which straight were you on? Comeon, gotta know. ;-)

On Tailofthedragon.com, under Links, look under Professional Services for two attorneys in NC, and one in TN. Knowing Ron, he wouldn't put their names out there unless they do a good job. If you have questions, give him a call.

http://tailofthedragon.com/links.html

shmike
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
So which straight were you on?

A downhill one.

racedoll
08-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Meh - just tell 'em you REALLY had to pee....

I hope it works out for your Hokie.

I'm still trying to figure out how you got out of being hauled off. :idk:

derf
08-09-2011, 09:33 PM
True story: A few years ago, I was in court fighting a ticket, the lady in front of me used the "feminine issues" defense as to why she was speeding, and the judge bought it!

The judge also dropped my speeding ticket to a no point ticket so he might have been in a good mood.

Particle Man
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
True story: A few years ago, I was in court fighting a ticket, the lady in front of me used the "feminine issues" defense as to why she was speeding, and the judge bought it!

The judge also dropped my speeding ticket to a no point ticket so he might have been in a good mood.

Maybe he thought you were having "feminine issues" too :lol:

dReWpY
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM

i love you

tommymac
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
i love you

be careful, youre already spoken for :lol:

HokieDNA01
08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
You just love me cause I'm wild and dangerous (and soon to be broke). SMOOCHES!

dReWpY
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
You just love me cause I'm wild and dangerous (and soon to be broke). SMOOCHES!

true story

HokieDNA01
08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I have a great video of me "slaying" the dragon but dont know if it should go online at this point.

BTW I'm doing exactly the speed limit the entire time. I also have a great track video (with crash)..where I am also not going anywhere over 55mph.

KSGregman
08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I have a great video of me "slaying" the dragon but dont know if it should go online at this point

Hehehe....you're probably right.

It will be tough to convince the judge of your sincerity about this being "a one time lapse of sanity" if you've posted the video on Youtube or something.

That being said, I'd still like to see the vid....something about seeing a girl flog a powerful bike is um.... :dribble:

HokieDNA01
08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
do you have me on facebook? Its on there.

tached1000rr
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I wanna see those vids too, but I'm not on facebook:td:

racedoll
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I wanna see those vids too, but I'm not on facebook:td:

Guess you better get with the times.

derf
08-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I have a great video of me "slaying" the dragon but dont know if it should go online at this point.

I hate to say it but your "crime spree" wasnt all that impressive, I am pretty sure you will be safe posting it, the DA probably isn't looking to dig up dirt on you

Captain Morgan
08-11-2011, 11:19 PM
do you have me on facebook? Its on there.

Might be a good idea to take them down, at least until AFTER court. You'd be surprised what "they" can get access to sometimes.

HokieDNA01
08-12-2011, 01:41 AM
No one can view my face book with out me adding them first.

Particle Man
08-12-2011, 07:13 AM

In those types of situations, the privacy settings are a joke ;)

Trip
08-12-2011, 07:15 AM

Facebook can and does sell your data to security firms/any other bidders no matter what your settings are... Don't want it known, don't put it on the internet.

shmike
08-12-2011, 09:34 AM
I hate to say it but your "crime spree" wasnt all that impressive, I am pretty sure you will be safe posting it, the DA probably isn't looking to dig up dirt on you

Dude, she was speeding.

Like really, really fast.

Do you really think that the DA will allow any detective any rest until they have thoroughly searched all her personal records, past, present and future?

HokieDNA01
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
sheesh..they are down. lol

derf
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I think that the da is gonna look at her record and her ticket for the first time when they are in court, make a quick decision what to go for, then say something to the judge and she will be found guilty.

The da is probably gonna try 50 cases in court that day, 10 of which will be real cases, vandalism, shoplifting, violence, etc... The other 40 will be driving cases and will not get any special attention

shmike
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I think that the da is gonna look at her record and her ticket for the first time when they are in court, make a quick decision what to go for, then say something to the judge and she will be found guilty.

The da is probably gonna try 50 cases in court that day, 10 of which will be real cases, vandalism, shoplifting, violence, etc... The other 40 will be driving cases and will not get any special attention

I would also expect an IRS audit in the near future and possible deportation.

derf
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I would also expect an IRS audit in the near future and possible deportation.

I cheat on my taxes and I'm an anchor baby. bring it on bitches

EtyrnuSS
08-13-2011, 11:33 AM
If you were an NC driver you would be FUBAR. I had a ticket for 105 in a 55 workzone a few years ago, and that one cost me my liscence for a year. And that was in an 03 neon, and not the turbo one either...

tommymac
08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
If you were an NC driver you would be FUBAR. I had a ticket for 105 in a 55 workzone a few years ago, and that one cost me my liscence for a year. And that was in an 03 neon, and not the turbo one either...

theyre realy cracking down on workzone infractions here. you get 2 violations in NY and your lic gets suspended.

EtyrnuSS
08-13-2011, 11:49 AM
This was one violation, just due to speed, location didn't actually have anything to do with it. Odd part was, because it was in a workzone was why I didn't get a new shiny pair of bracelets.

tommymac
08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
This was one violation, just due to speed, location didn't actually have anything to do with it. Odd part was, because it was in a workzone was why I didn't get a new shiny pair of bracelets.

Realy, its the complete opposite here. But there have been a few accidents and I think one or two workers have been killed in recent years so they realy ramped up enforcement. In other states theres usualy a cop sitting at the work site, but thats not the case in NY

Particle Man
08-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Should have given you a medal for getting a NA Neon up that fast

EtyrnuSS
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM
NA unmodded neon at that! But the real reason I was going that fast was I had a suburban trying to run me over, with nowhere to go. Cop didn't see the suburban tho...

Particle Man
08-13-2011, 03:11 PM
They never do.

HokieDNA01
11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Just wanted to update everyone on my Crime Spree and its results. Hired myself a laywer. Called 3 including the only one in Robbinsville. First 2 made me feel terrible. Were shocked at my speed. Didn't think there was much they could do except get the reckless dropped and reduce the speed but that it was so high I would still loose my license. Hire the 3rd guy, he rides a BMW and has had his bike in the mid triple digits before so he wasn't so shocked that it does happen. He appealed my case in the district court and has asked that it be tried in Superior court. At that level, they do not recognize the speed, only that I was going 15+ over the speed limit. I am being told that he thinks I should keep my license and just pay some heavy fines....fine by me.

I hate that this has caused me to park my bike this fall. I miss riding but everytime I do go out, I catch myself speeding and fearing cops around every corner. Sucks. I'm taking the bike to the drag strip tonight to feed my need. Plan are in order for a touring bike this winter. Not sure what I will do with the Gix.

My next court date is Dec 12th. Fingers Crossed.

tommymac
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
May be different down there but we got popped by NYC highway back in 02 and we actualy got arrested (one of the times I wasnt breaking any laws but thats a whole other rant) The acual upside was our cases went to criminal court and not traffic court. In NYC the word of an asshole hwy cop is gospel so theres no pleas or anything. I wound up with 10 days of community service (had a prior arrest) an dno knock on my lic or ins.

had we gone to traffic court my license was gone for sure and well over 1k in fines.

So good luck.

Smittie61984
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I guess I'm late but 141 in a 55. Holy Bat balls Batman!

I'd run away to Cuba. Twisty mountain roads, beautiful women, and a tropical paradise climate. I'm sure cops down there can be bought easily too.

Amber Lamps
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I got 5 tickets while I lived in NC... Money got mr out of every one, including one on the way to the Dragon with Tiffany. Heck, I had one for 105/45. $600 and community service-which I paid the supervisor $50 to get out of... I'm gonna miss NC.:whistle:

Trip
11-01-2011, 10:37 PM
I got 5 tickets while I lived in NC... Money got mr out of every one, including one on the way to the Dragon with Tiffany. Heck, I had one for 105/45. $600 and community service-which I paid the supervisor $50 to get out of... I'm gonna miss NC.:whistle:

Why did you leave NC? Work?

azoomm
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Sorry to dig up this old post. But, if you think they don't handle well you are clearly doing it wrong.

Good luck with the ticket.

Amber Lamps
11-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Why did you leave NC? Work?

Yep...boss called and asked me to come back so.....

Porkchop
11-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Yep...boss called and asked me to come back so.....

They better be paying good.... :panic:

marko138
11-02-2011, 08:19 AM

My traveling caused me to miss this thread until now.

There's a good chance I won't be in the Outer Banks next year. I'm officiating a marriage in the FL Keys in August. But I'll be somewhere south...NC or SC over Thanksgiving.

Trip
11-02-2011, 08:27 AM

There's a good chance I won't be in the Outer Banks next year. I'm officiating a marriage in the FL Keys in August. But I'll be somewhere south...NC or SC over Thanksgiving.

Good we are going to Little Swiss again next year, we can do the outer banks in '13 lol.

tommymac
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM

officiating, what are you a referee or something

marko138
11-02-2011, 09:29 AM
officiating, what are you a referee or something
Yes. :lol:

tommymac
11-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes. :lol:

If your egoing as a ref, get me an invite, I need to be at this thing :lol:

marko138
11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
If your egoing as a ref, get me an invite, I need to be at this thing :lol:
No, nothing like that. It'll should be wild though. I mean, after all, I am marrying two people!

Trip
11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
No, nothing like that. It'll should be wild though. I mean, after all, I am marrying two people!

Make sure you practice and get down what you are going to do to a tee without having to look at shit. I knew a couple that got married by a "wild friend" and it was the absolute worst wedding I have been to by a long shot. He was terrible. Didn't know what to do or say half the time and his jokes were idiotic.

marko138
11-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Make sure you practice and get down what you are going to do to a tee without having to look at shit. I knew a couple that got married by a "wild friend" and it was the absolute worst wedding I have been to by a long shot. He was terrible. Didn't know what to do or say half the time and his jokes were idiotic.
Bro, I'm a fucking professional.

Trip
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Bro, I'm a fucking professional.

If you are internet ordained, there is nothing professional about you :lol:

marko138
11-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Well, other than that. Fuck it.

tommymac
11-02-2011, 12:11 PM

he works for the state, that doesnt make him professional.

marko138
11-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I had a real job once.

Trip
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM

No, that makes him a pro slacker. Just like the rest of us gov workers. LOL

marko138
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
No, that makes him a pro slacker. Just like the rest of us gov workers. LOL
You have no idea.

HokieDNA01
10-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Forgot to update this. I hired a lawyer, got it moved to a different court system and was able to plead it down to 70 in a 55 and the reckless was dropped. Total cost $700 (including fines and lawyer). Best part is it never transferred to TN so my record is still clean. Not sure what it looks like in NC but I figure if they wanted to pull my DL there they would have told me.

Haven't really ridden much since then other the around town. Just put a deposit down on an NC700x. Time to do some touring.

Trip
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Forgot to update this. I hired a lawyer, got it moved to a different court system and was able to plead it down to 70 in a 55 and the reckless was dropped. Total cost $700 (including fines and lawyer). Best part is it never transferred to TN so my record is still clean. Not sure what it looks like in NC but I figure if they wanted to pull my DL there they would have told me.

Haven't really ridden much since then other the around town. Just put a deposit down on an NC700x. Time to do some touring.

nice, touring is the best thing I ever did.

You really got lucky in NC, those bastards can be hardcore to non NC people.

dReWpY
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM

lets go touring...

Porkchop
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Sat on the NC last week. Seems like a nice comfy ride. Selling the Gixx or turning it into a track beast????

derf
10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Yep touring and calmer riding is actually more fun than I thought it would be. Not quite the same adrenaline rush but it creates memories that are incredible

KSGregman
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I wondered how this all turned out....if maybe it had something to do with your "disappearance" from the forum....like maybe they'd sent you to jail to be some bad girls girlfriend behind bars or something....bad girls behind bars....yeah.....uh....hold on...wait....

What were we talking about again?