PDA

View Full Version : Aug 2nd STT Nashville Slot

FT BSTRD
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm in!!!!!! Heard back from my seller today.

I'm stoked! Try not to run over my ass. I'll be the guy rollin' 1930's technology. :whistle:

dReWpY
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
:rockwoot:

just dont pass me too fast...
ur in I to arent ya

FT BSTRD
07-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Yep. I'll have the bike with the back up lights for the long straight.

Trip
07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yep. I'll have the bike with the back up lights for the long straight.

you can't have lights on your bike at the track

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 09:46 PM

think he was refering that his twin is not a top speed demon.

unlike yours, which could be if it had a decent rider :lol:

dReWpY
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
pwnd

Trip
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
unlike yours, which could be if it had a decent rider :lol:

I am working on it, well as long as it isnt raining. :lol:

dReWpY
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
i cant say much, ur still faster then me...

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
i cant say much, ur still faster then me...

I passed a few RC51's at my TD... :dthumb:

FT BSTRD
07-21-2008, 10:02 PM

Uhhhh....yeah.

Thanks. :dthumb:

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Uhhhh....yeah.

Thanks. :dthumb:

so what does that Uly top out at anyways?

Trip
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
What you are going to hate is that long front straight, it will let all the slow people you had to fight to pass right back by you because they can gun it on a straight, but can't make a turn.

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
What you are going to hate is that long front straight, it will let all the slow people you had to fight to pass right back by you because they can gun it on a straight, but can't make a turn.

That's what I loved about BIR... mile long front straight where I could pass those that I didn't have the balls to pass during the turns.

How long is the straight at Nashville?

Trip
07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
That's what I loved about BIR... mile long front straight where I could pass those that I didn't have the balls to pass during the turns.

How long is the straight at Nashville?

Don't know, its the nascar front stretch. It's a little better than a regular track because it's banked and has transitions, so the douchebags that can't take a turn but can gun aren't as much of a factor plus there is a high speed sweeper into a switchback at the end of the straight where you can pass the shit out of them if they are able to gun it on their liter bike.

Passing people in a straight where they are clearly faster than you in the corners and then holding them up is not cool. Let them go because they will leave you once they get in the tight sections and then you both can enjoy the ride instead of being a douche.

Cutty72
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Don't know, its the nascar front stretch. It's a little better than a regular track because it's banked and has transitions, so the douchebags that can't take a turn but can gun aren't as much of a factor plus there is a high speed sweeper into a switchback at the end of the straight where you can pass the shit out of them if they are able to gun it on their liter bike.

Passing people in a straight where they are clearly faster than you in the corners and then holding them up is not cool. Let them go because they will leave you once they get in the tight sections and then you both can enjoy the ride instead of being a douche.

I only ones i passed on the straights were the ones that I was as fast as, or faster through the turns too. being my first track day, i just wasn't comfortable passing through the corners yet. not a necessary risk, as it was usually only a couple corners before a straight so I could get around.

dReWpY
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
im just wondering how i am going to do, i think im slower then poo, i know its not a race, but being lapped traffic sucks, not that, that has occured, but you get the idea

FT BSTRD
07-21-2008, 11:11 PM
so what does that Uly top out at anyways?

I've had mine up to a buck thirty or so indicated. I never did get comfortable with turn one to run wfo in 5th coming down the front straight at Barber. I did wind out 4th to the rev limiter though.

The best part was the look one of the other riders gave me when he and I were running next to each other with me baning off the rev limiter. He was like, "what the hell is wrong with your bike?".

I'm definitely not the fastest. Toward the end of the day at Barber I was running very high 1.50's. I know I can do better.

I just hope I don't have one of those days where I can't get in the grove.

dReWpY
07-21-2008, 11:14 PM
it was nice when u couldnt get in the groove, i stood a chance... :lol:

Trip
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I've had mine up to a buck thirty or so indicated. I never did get comfortable with turn one to run wfo in 5th coming down the front straight at Barber. I did wind out 4th to the rev limiter though.

The best part was the look one of the other riders gave me when he and I were running next to each other with me baning off the rev limiter. He was like, "what the hell is wrong with your bike?".

I'm definitely not the fastest. Toward the end of the day at Barber I was running very high 1.50's. I know I can do better.

I just hope I don't have one of those days where I can't get in the grove.

you confuse me, lol, talking about lights on the track then running in the 1:50's at barber. Internet is not the best place to pick up on sarcasm.

FT BSTRD
07-22-2008, 01:40 AM
you confuse me, lol, talking about lights on the track then running in the 1:50's at barber. Internet is not the best place to pick up on sarcasm.

Barber is a Buell's dream. The more curves the better. Long straights suck.

Us Buell people will jump all over your ass 0-60, but when it gets above that the old girl gets to wheezing. When it comes to the long straight at Nashville, I'll be that she'll be a sheezin as 600's and 1000's blow by me like I've got it in reverse (reverse lights).

I think I only got the good time last trip out. I was running in the 2:00-2:15's much of the rest of the later part of the day. Of course the whole first part was a wash out since I was in novice. First couple of sessions I don't think we even broke 70MPH. Passing ONLY in the straights REALLY sucked (see long straight comment above).

I just hope I'm in the verve.

it was nice when u couldnt get in the groove, i stood a chance... :lol:

Whatever.

You see me shaking my head? I blew the ENTIRE good run on 48 when I missed the shift. F'ed up the entire run. I was a gear too high with no engine braking and no torque.

That one road was "thrilling". :wink:

"Curve? What curvohshit!"

dReWpY
07-22-2008, 02:36 AM
i really think if i wasnt on DOT takeoffs i would of prolly died going over that bridge at 70MPH, talk about scrubbing speed as fast as i could and still leaning it all of the way over, while going over a ancient stone bridge with lil jagged edge walls on both sides, gunther said i lit with sparkies, how much was from my pegs/pucks or god knows what else

Amber Lamps
07-22-2008, 07:04 AM
i really think if i wasnt on DOT takeoffs i would of prolly died going over that bridge at 70MPH, talk about scrubbing speed as fast as i could and still leaning it all of the way over, while going over a ancient stone bridge with lil jagged edge walls on both sides, gunther said i lit with sparkies, how much was from my pegs/pucks or god knows what else

Not that you all would want me to but I wish I could go riding with you guys! The one thing I miss about Michigan is the twisty roads and the twisty road riders. I've basically stopped riding with people here except to do parade laps around town. I've seen guys almost lose it on the highway because of an unmarked curve,ie one the dot figures a SEMI-TRUCK can make at the normal rate of speed! This kid about locked it up from maybe 70-80 approaching this "curve".:panic::panic::panic:

FT BSTRD
07-22-2008, 08:47 AM

Brown sparkies!

Trip
07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Barber is a Buell's dream. The more curves the better. Long straights suck.

Us Buell people will jump all over your ass 0-60, but when it gets above that the old girl gets to wheezing. When it comes to the long straight at Nashville, I'll be that she'll be a sheezin as 600's and 1000's blow by me like I've got it in reverse (reverse lights).

I think I only got the good time last trip out. I was running in the 2:00-2:15's much of the rest of the later part of the day. Of course the whole first part was a wash out since I was in novice. First couple of sessions I don't think we even broke 70MPH. Passing ONLY in the straights REALLY sucked (see long straight comment above).

I just hope I'm in the verve.

Whatever.

You see me shaking my head? I blew the ENTIRE good run on 48 when I missed the shift. F'ed up the entire run. I was a gear too high with no engine braking and no torque.

That one road was "thrilling". :wink:

"Curve? What curvohshit!"

Barber is terrible for curves. You need to go to Tally GP. Barber was one big sweeper for the most part, it wasn't very tight at all and had a ton of long straights.

Sounds like you were at the track day I was at for barber

FT BSTRD
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Barber is terrible for curves. You need to go to Tally GP. Barber was one big sweeper for the most part, it wasn't very tight at all and had a ton of long straights.

Sounds like you were at the track day I was at for barber.

Sorry, let me rephrase. Barber is a dream for Buells when riding in a group of novice folks who park and shoot turns.

Torque is fun.

I did the Buell track day the end of April:

http://www.myinsidepass.com/p/1_barber_novice/insidepass_barber_04-22-08_gm5v228556

No rain, but we did have 4 wrecks in Intermediate with 3 of those coming before lunch with a life flight thrown in for kicks.

The intermediate group was a friggin' zoo.

dReWpY
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Not that you all would want me to but I wish I could go riding with you guys! The one thing I miss about Michigan is the twisty roads and the twisty road riders. I've basically stopped riding with people here except to do parade laps around town. I've seen guys almost lose it on the highway because of an unmarked curve,ie one the dot figures a SEMI-TRUCK can make at the normal rate of speed! This kid about locked it up from maybe 70-80 approaching this "curve".:panic::panic::panic:

im not one to discriminate who i ride with, unles they really suck at life and endanger my well being, im game for riding with a wide variety of ppl:idk:

Trip
07-22-2008, 03:04 PM
The intermediate group was a friggin' zoo.

It always is, it's just a mix of people. Novice guys bump up because they don't want to do the class part anymore slow the pack up and slower Advanced guys who are tired of getting passed bump down so they can make themselves feel better and then you have the real intermediates who are fast enough to get someone hurt makes for an interesting time.

fpzx10
07-22-2008, 03:05 PM
It always is, it's just a mix of people. Novice guys bump up because they don't want to do the class part anymore slow the pack up and slower Advanced guys who are tired of getting passed bump down so they can make themselves feel better and then you have the real intermediates who are fast enough to get someone hurt makes for an interesting time.

Sounds fun. Too bad I sucked too much to make it into intermediate :lol:

Good analysis

the chi
07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
le sigh...im still kicking myself for not being able to make it to this one...

I may however be hitting up lil talladega that weekend for a run...got a group from here heading that way, so if im not working I may finagle my way to another track day...

Amber Lamps
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM

:iagree: Spot on and why I quit... The whole pick your own class thing turned me way off!

dReWpY
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
im really excited to get on the track with ftbstd i think i can learn alot by following him, i would learn from nick, but he will be *poof* gone

Trip
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
:iagree: Spot on and why I quit... The whole pick your own class thing turned me way off!

You should look into private track days by your local forum. There is a local group here that only brings about 20 people and they only put 6-7 people on the track at a time and it's riding with people you know and either the same skill as you or not out to race you, but to build skill level.

Amber Lamps
07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
You should look into private track days by your local forum. There is a local group here that only brings about 20 people and they only put 6-7 people on the track at a time and it's riding with people you know and either the same skill as you or not out to race you, but to build skill level.

Good idea! I'll look into it,thanks.

FT BSTRD
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
im really excited to get on the track with ftbstd i think i can learn alot by following him, i would learn from nick, but he will be *poof* gone

Learn from me? Tee hee hee. You need to get out more often.

dReWpY
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
i never said a good example, learn what not to do :lol:

t-homo
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM

:overkill: that was a serious burn.

FT BSTRD
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM

An yet, you'd be BEHIND me. Hmmm........:whistle:

T-Rock,

You seen my buddy Brian yet?

Gunther1000
07-24-2008, 03:06 PM

Well im also am from MI and the shit we did has nothing on any part of the state of MI! It was great! and these guys on there buells are fast! I have much to learn from them. Oh and Dewpy is alright too. :idk:

FT BSTRD
07-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! It's almost here!

dReWpY
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
closer... got my coolant changed to night tomorrow ... the garden hose..

FT BSTRD
08-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Cleaned, inspected, mirrors and plate removed.

Track wheels and tire on tomorrow.

Do you know if they have fuel available at the track?

dReWpY
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
i am bringing a 5 gallon jug with 93 in it, im sure if we run out someone that is not riding(Brent) could be coaxed to fill it up if we use it all

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
have I call you all fucking bastards today yet?

Cutty72
08-01-2008, 02:26 AM
have I call you all fucking bastards today yet?

hey, you gonna be down for a TD after your trip? When do you leave again?
(granted this depends on my employment or lack thereof)

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 03:34 AM
I'd love to... just don't see it happening $$$ wise... who knows though... just have to play it by ear...

when's the track day?

FT BSTRD
08-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeee!

That was fun.

dReWpY
08-03-2008, 01:37 PM
agreed.... knees down at >100mph is kinda of addicting

Trip
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I drank my way through two packs of gatorade and a full pack of water. God, I have never sweat that much before.

dReWpY
08-03-2008, 02:01 PM
i swear i drank a ton, never had to piss... freaky...

im sore as hell though

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 04:23 PM

im sore as hell though

welcome to my world....

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
ok fuckers... where are the pics

and ya'll had to get a FEW that weren't cell phone pics... :tt:

Trip
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
ok fuckers... where are the pics

and ya'll had to get a FEW that weren't cell phone pics... :tt:

Drewpy's bud took a bunch on a SLR. Yell at him to get them.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
:lol: I would... but I don't know who the hell he is... :lol:

so how did it compare to day riding?

psychochild28
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Yea my buddy from work went to watch and took over 1000 pics. He said only about 600 or so turned out. He's majorly into photography and his camera is some god awful amount of money and he's in the process of getting a new lense that's $800.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
:lol: nice! yeah photography can get expensive REALLY quick... my next camera is the Nikon D300 with a 18-200mm lense... $2600 :leaving:

Trip
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
:lol: I would... but I don't know who the hell he is... :lol:

so how did it compare to day riding?

It was fucking insane. Every line you learned in the daylight meant jackshit because you couldnt see your setup points. The shadows played with your head. It was intense.

BTW, 2CTs blow ass in hot weather. I run my corsa IIIs at the gap in the same heat and they stick like a mother fucker. The 2CTs were just plain sloppy. I will not buy 2CTs again, majorly disappointed. I would run regular PPs over 2CTs on the street. The soft compound on the tire was just plain disgusting. I probably will try those cheap closeout bridgestone DOT races next.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Good to know... I'll be getting the 2CT's next though... the ROAD 2CT's that is...

JoJoYZF
08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Good to know... I'll be getting the 2CT's next though... the ROAD 2CT's that is...

Im hoping to buy a set of road 2s in the next week or two, I just have to decide if I want the road2 up front or a regular pilot power.

And drewpy, get those pics up here.

FT BSTRD
08-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Anyone got a link to the track photographer's website? I can't find it.

Cutty72
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd love to... just don't see it happening $$$ wise... who knows though... just have to play it by ear...

when's the track day?

sept 18 i believe

Trip
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Anyone got a link to the track photographer's website? I can't find it.

DviantImage.com

kendrick is slow, don't expect them up til friday.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 10:26 PM
sept 18 i believe
ok might be tight... be cool though... :idk:

Cutty72
08-03-2008, 10:28 PM
ok might be tight... be cool though... :idk:

we got time
don't have to register till like 6 days before to get the discount.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
ok... do you have to pay when you register?

Gunther1000
08-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Heres some shots from my gay little camera... The rest are posted or videos...

comonboys
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
sept 18 i believe

I am prob in on that one... I really wanna go now....

the chi
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM

im sore as hell though

means you werent drinking enough dear...

gawd, i hate you guys with your fancy setups...*sigh*

Who's up for Jennings in October?

Trip
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
means you werent drinking enough dear...

gawd, i hate you guys with your fancy setups...*sigh*

Who's up for Jennings in October?

you need to save up for tally in late september, jennings is too far for me

the chi
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
you need to save up for tally in late september, jennings is too far for me

oh stuff it girly man! I am already saving up for Tally now, just hopin I can get the time off for it!! Jennings is already paid for and in the bag for me...

Jennings, you want to come to jennings...

Trip
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
oh stuff it girly man! I am already saving up for Tally now, just hopin I can get the time off for it!! Jennings is already paid for and in the bag for me...

Jennings, you want to come to jennings...

I will eventually, just not any time this year

Cutty72
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
ok... do you have to pay when you register?

Yeah, you can pre pay like 6 days out with a credit card to get the discount (like $30) or you can pay day of if you want.

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
but it's like 230 for the intro day right?

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
but it's like 230 for the intro day right?

i thought the 200 something was for both days...

Trip
08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
i thought the 200 something was for both days...

barber is the same way, 200+ for one day on a sucky track. Much rather go to Nville or Tally for that price

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 11:14 PM
no... up in Min... they require a intro day and I think it was like 230 or so... sucks... but I may do it just to get a track day under my belt

the chi
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
no... up in Min... they require a intro day and I think it was like 230 or so... sucks... but I may do it just to get a track day under my belt

screw that, find a track that does the day for under $150, I havent heard of one yet that doesnt do some sort of novice intro, either already in place or at riders request...

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
it's just one that's gonna be on the 18th when I get back from the trip... it's not a great deal I know... and I probably won't do it... $ is still really tight... but it'd be cool...

shit I may be sick of riding for a while by that time! :lol:

Cutty72
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
It's $225 before Sep 11, or $250 after.
Date is the 18th

Morning starts as a classroom session, then 15 min track session, back to the classroom.

half hour class, get bike, track with the novice group, back to class room.
Instructors are on the track with you 2-4 "students" per instructor, and they give you feed back after every session.
Afternoon there is no class, but you can still grab the instructors and have them follow you etc.

IMO it was worth it 100%
Standard TD there is $165 pre reg, $190 late reg.