PDA

View Full Version : Guys; would you ride 2up with another dude?

WildKat
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Any guy out there willing take another dude 2up on your bike? Myabe it's just a testosterone guy thing for me I don't know or the fact that they probably don't know how to ride 2up properly if they want a quick ride somehwer anyways:idk:

Girls it's probably not a big deal to you all to take another woman 2up but for me there's no way Im taking another guy on the back of my bike unless their life depended on it :lol: and in which case I'll call 911 for them and they probably shouldn't be riding anyways.

I apologize in advance if there was a thread about this already; I didn't see one but if there is feel free to merge or close this one mods..

Dnyce
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
i saw 2 big dudes yesterday on a road king....looked mighty gay.

and on a sportbike? big gay manhug lol

my bike can only handle one dong at a time :lol:

now...chicks riding chicks is a beautiful thing...on or off the bike

z06boy
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Short distance to help someone out but not just to ride around...that just "ain't" quite right. :lol:

the chi
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
:rofl:

Reminds me of a Sunday ride not too long ago...we all come up around a curve and coming right at us are 2 dudes on an SB, and they were all excited, pumping their arms up in the air and stuff...so gay...

IMO, its not quite right...if its to help for a short distance, ok, but unless you WANT people to think your gay, probably not a good idea!

FT BSTRD
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
In other places, two guys on a bike is pretty common place. You see it all the time in Europe and Asia.

Here, not so much.

I've taken a guy up the road after he blew a turn and totaled his bike.

Besides the normal homophobic component, US guys tend to be bigger than our European and Asian counterparts. Two guys on a bike here mean that you are running close or over the GVW of the bike.

Necessity? Yes.
On purpose? Hell no.

fnfalman
07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Only if the guy were to desperately in need of a ride to go and get his own ride.

BobTheBiker
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Personally, ONLY ONE guy will EVER sit on the passenger seat. I dont give a damn about how it looks,+1 wtf do I care?

marko138
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Absolutely not. End of story.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Any guy out there willing take another dude 2up on your bike? Myabe it's just a testosterone guy thing for me I don't know or the fact that they probably don't know how to ride 2up properly if they want a quick ride somehwer anyways:idk:

Girls it's probably not a big deal to you all to take another woman 2up but for me there's no way Im taking another guy on the back of my bike unless their life depended on it :lol: and in which case I'll call 911 for them and they probably shouldn't be riding anyways.

I apologize in advance if there was a thread about this already; I didn't see one but if there is feel free to merge or close this one mods..

biggest reason i wouldnt take a guy on the back? they weigh more. I rode on the back of trips cbar, and i've had guys on the back of mine in dire circumstance, but it was out of necessity... and in trips case curiosity.

No Worries
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I prefer taking women because they are lighter and don't mind being close. I like to move as one solid unit on the seat. But it's no big deal as I've taken male friends for rides on 100cc bikes up to 1,000cc's. Most want to hold on to the passenger rail, but then they lean in the wrong direction and you get humped at every stop light. Dangerous and gross.

I make them hold on to me and brace their hands on the gas tank for stop lights. Yeah, you look weird and you still get goosed, but it's worth it to give a friend the thrill of motorcycling. Safety is much more important than looking cool. Plus, if you wear a leather jacket and pants, you hardly know he's there.

marko138
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
The bottom line is my bike handles way way differently with a passenger. My Zuk wasn't bad with someone on the back. The Buell not so much. Single ride jones for me.

Nico
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I think it's ok for a guy to have another guy on the back if that guy is your son or little brother but otherwise it's pretty homo.

WildKat
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I think it's ok for a guy to have another guy on the back if that guy is your son or little brother but otherwise it's pretty homo.

This is true, I'll make an exception for my son to ride on the back of course but Im glad Im not alone on that one about taking other guys..LOL cuz it's just not happening for me. My wife called me the other day while she was driving and said she saw 2 guys riding 2up on an R6 and I said so how did that look and she said, " way wrong" :lol:

I don't know if I came across another rider who was broken down if my mindset would change or not (I guess it would depend on the situation) but I'd atleast stop and make sure he was ok and offer to help out any way I could.

ceo012384
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
2up males = penis puffers.

Mrs. Colleen
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
In other places, two guys on a bike is pretty common place. You see it all the time in Europe and Asia.

Here, not so much.

:iagree: The US is obnoxiously homophobic it seems...

MikeSP1
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Reminds me of a Sunday ride not too long ago...we all come up around a curve and coming right at us are 2 dudes on an SB, and they were all excited, pumping their arms up in the air and stuff...so gay...

IMO, its not quite right...if its to help for a short distance, ok, but unless you WANT people to think your gay, probably not a good idea!

I remember that day, quite interesting to say the least. There's a silver kawi that I saw a few times last year and everytime I saw it there were 2 dudes on it in a shirtless display of homo. We're talking middle of August, dude on the back is at least 200 lbs and holding on like there's no tomorrow, neither one wearing a shirt, at a light...

If somebody wrecks and needs a ride to the next town to call for help then I'm ok with that, but other than that, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Riding with a passenger is a different kind of experience, and I don't have a problem bringing a girl out with me. But a dude can ride his own damn bike. Add to that the fact that I'm a whole wopping 5'7" means that generally the only passengers small enough are girls (although I did out a ex who stood 5'11" barefoot).

Mr Lefty
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
and in trips case curiosity.

that's how it starts... :lol:

naw... in an emergency type situation... yeah... just for a ride... no... 1 weight 2 just don't wanna have a guy all hugged up on me... :panic:

Cutty72
07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
that's how it starts... :lol:

naw... in an emergency type situation... yeah... just for a ride... no... 1 weight 2 just don't wanna have a guy all hugged up on me... :panic:

Come on ebbs, you know you want to. :whistle:

vabarber2
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, had to give a buddy a ride up the interstate the other day! But made sure to miss as manny hevily populated areas as I could. Plus he's 5'5 145 no way I'd have some giant on the back.

WildKat
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Definitely no aggressive riding with a dude on the back; the further away he stays from hanging onto me the better..if you can't use the grab bar on the back then start hoofin it :lol:

t-homo
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I would just to fuck around sometime. There are two guys a couple years below me who ride two up on a 1990 scooter. It looks funny as shit.

Dnyce
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
2up on a scooter, back to back, with the passenger spraying a supersoaker in a sorority would be funny

itgirl
07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
when i was younger i loved giving guys rides. all the boys wanted to be on the back of my bike. it was a cool reversal of roles. i like giving my female friends rides whenever i can. i love sharing the experience with people.

but 2 dudes on 1 bike...:diitb:. guys shouldn't get that close to one another. unless that is their thing, which then is none of my business.

No Worries
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Homophobia strikes deep. No pun intended. But I can't believe that sport bikers are so worried about their image. When you're wearing leathers and helmet, no one can tell who or what sex you are. Don't tell me you never came up on a rider with a long pony tail sticking out of their helmet and it was a guy.

I took plenty of male friends for rides. I was the only guy in the neighborhood who had a bike. I know at least two became motorcyclists because of rides I gave them. One gay friend I gave a ride to sat further away from me than any male rider.

The sport is a lot more important to me than the image. Especially since I ride a 30-year-old bike and wear boots from the Army Surplus store.

Smittie61984
07-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I've ridden with a guy on the back of my bike 3 times. One time when my buddy helped push his friends bike over a mile to a gas station becuase he grabbed a diesel pump and didn't realize that Repsol wasn't Italian for Diesel. But I went and got him and he rode on the back of my bike (SecaII then) to get his bike. But I had a girl on the back for the rest of the ride and I guess that makes up for it.

Another time a buddy of mine who has never ridden a motorcycle tried to ride my bike (SecaII) and couldn't figure out the clutch. I told him to hop on the back just so he could get a feel. Nothing like seeing the looks on people's faces as they see what appears to be a gay interacial couple cruising through the neighorhood.

Then another time before (On the SecaII again) when I showed up to a buddy's house in a college town. He had a party the night before but when I got down there about 11am my buddy was drinking (Who also had a bike). Some guy wakes up going "Oh shit I'm going to be late for my exam". There were no cars there and my buddy had been drinking. I'm told him "Hop on my bike and I'll run you to class" which was about 5 miles away. He had on my buddy's helmet. But being in a college town no one seemed to notice.

Another time at work there is a Mexican I work with. Which some backround on him is he is one tough SOB. Multiple knife cuts, gun shot wounds, and is a bonified badass. He woudn't think twice about killing you and burying you in a ditch. You wouldn't think it talking to him but he is considered the craziest most badass guy at my work where 90% of the employees have spent time in jail (real time not a night in jail). Well we get back from work at 9pm one day and his ride had already left. He asked me to give him a ride back to his place. I'm told him "I'm on my motorcycle". He said that's fine but I then explained the helmet laws and how we would get pulled over. He understood then and wanted no attention from the cops. Thank god I didn't have a spare helmet because I wasn't going to tell him no. I was going to be riding two up for sure.

But if gas gets any worste I'll start a motorcycle bike pool and see if I can get 3 guys on my bike to split the gas.

WildKat
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think it's about being a homophobe ( although for some it is ) so much as just being a guy thing in general. Call it image, or just call it not wanting to get that close to another guy :lol: but unless there is some big time emergency Im definitely not comfortable doing it.

Chicks aren't afraid to get up close and personal with each other, be all touchy feely and whatnot either because it's their preference to be with women or just because they are just cool with being that close to other females in general but for guys, most of the time IMO, we just don't do that sort of thing. Fear of being labled? maybe but mostly because it's just freekin gross...LOL

jalaan1
07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Short distance to help someone out but not just to ride around...that just "ain't" quite right. :lol:

yup!!!!!!!

if you wear a leather jacket and pants, you hardly know he's there.

which he? :rofl:

Mrs. Colleen
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't think it's about being a homophobe ( although for some it is ) so much as just being a guy thing in general. Call it image, or just call it not wanting to get that close to another guy :lol: but unless there is some big time emergency Im definitely not comfortable doing it.

Chicks aren't afraid to get up close and personal with each other, be all touchy feely and whatnot either because it's their preference to be with women or just because they are just cool with being that close to other females in general but for guys, most of the time IMO, we just don't do that sort of thing. Fear of being labled? maybe but mostly because it's just freekin gross...LOL

I guess when I hear all you guys talking about not wanted to be that close to another guy I just think of you stereotypical "lifted truck drivin-gun shootin-Nascar watchin-guy." One that has to do only manly men things otherwise someone might think he is gay. Seems silly to me...and yes, I am a girl so maybe I don't count but my husband thinks the same way.

My husband used to give his guy friends rides all the time. :idk: None of them had bikes and wanted to see what it was like...or sometimes they just wanted a lift somewhere.

Amber Lamps
07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Yea I don't often ride anyone but I've given friends rides to work or class or whatever. I'm a hood rat and we used to ride our bicycles two up all the time. I'm not a homophobe so maybe I don't count. I do admit I chuckle when ever I see to guys on a bike.

OneSickPsycho
07-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Only with drewpy... he's dreamy.

dReWpY
07-24-2008, 12:42 AM
.... there was this one time in KS....

Crazy
07-24-2008, 08:57 AM
no 2up with dudes, but i rarely do 2up anyways.

i dont think i've ever met a gay sportbike rider... or a gay motorcyclist in general

Trip
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately I have......

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/shoei911/IMG_0230.jpg

Gas Man
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
No "cock to ass" on any of my bikes.

Katherine
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
no 2up with dudes, but i rarely do 2up anyways.

i dont think i've ever met a gay sportbike rider... or a gay motorcyclist in general

I have! On a trackday at Jennings, this guy walks up to my pit with a softer step and voice than me. He was really cool and super fast, but was definitely sporting a limp wrist!

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
nut to butt i am all set

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4/Santry426/IMGP1221.jpg

marko138
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
nut to butt i am all set

Dood your quote under your user name is great. I love that clip.

6doublefive321
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I ran out of gas on I-75 one day. A guy on a cruiser picked me up and took me to the gas station. Needless to say, I felt Liberace gay.

ybslow
07-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I remember this ride. Those guys looked very gay...

ceo012384
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/3294955-motivator_bromance.jpg

07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/3294955-motivator_bromance.jpg

figures the Yamaha guy is practically raping the other dude... But I guess riding an R6 will do that to you.

ceo012384
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
figures the Yamaha guy is practically raping the other dude... But I guess riding an R6 will do that to you.
At least he's the pitcher and not the catcher, mr. 'when i fart it goes whoooosh' curtis.

Amber Lamps
07-24-2008, 06:06 PM

HA! I've always had my suspicions about Honda and Yamaha riders.... Ummm...isn't that Nicky Hayden and Jason DiSalvo?

07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
At least he's the pitcher and not the catcher, mr. 'when i fart it goes whoooosh' curtis.

i dont know that dude in the yamaha suite kind of looks like you.... Is there something you left out from your last track outing.

Dnyce
07-24-2008, 09:18 PM
nut to butt i am all set

damn, reaching for the manboob, sharing a seat.....gaaaaaaaayyyyyy
-not that theres anything wrong with being gay-but if you're straight and riding nut to butt, and some big buff gay dude with a lil dog comes up to u both with a jar of peanut butter and propositions you-dont get mad :lol:

Gas Man
07-26-2008, 08:37 AM
damn, reaching for the manboob, sharing a seat.....gaaaaaaaayyyyyy
-not that theres anything wrong with being gay-but if you're straight and riding nut to butt, and some big buff gay dude with a lil dog comes up to u both with a jar of peanut butter and propositions you-dont get mad :lol:
Yeah.. hope nobody got a this is warm and strange BONER!!!

WildKat
07-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey GM, when did you get another yellow Ninja? :D

pickle.of.doom
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't give a shit, Ill give a dude a ride if he needs it. Its not like im gonna fuck him.

OneSickPsycho
07-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't give a shit, Ill give a dude a ride if he needs it. Its not like im gonna fuck him.

And that's the fundamental difference between you and I my friend... I might.

Smittie61984
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
But I guess riding an R6 will do that to you.

Yeah. R6s are known to flame.

Amber Lamps
07-26-2008, 08:04 PM
And that's the fundamental difference between you and I my friend... I might.

Note to self; NEVER,EVER accept a ride from OSP!!!

Trip
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
two up, knee on the ground = drewpy + trip. We are waiting on photographic evidence. Drewpy was the catcher.

dReWpY
07-27-2008, 11:59 PM
trip rides bitch...

Gas Man
07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey GM, when did you get another yellow Ninja? :D
Yeah, sorry forgot to tell you... :panic:

two up, knee on the ground = drewpy + trip. We are waiting on photographic evidence. Drewpy was the catcher.

I have saw said evidence.

Dave
07-29-2008, 01:29 PM
trip rides big spoon

fixed! and this after all that WHAT WHAT action last week :lol: