PDA

View Full Version : Went Down Today

02Gsxxr
02-28-2008, 10:39 PM
So i went down today.....Sux looks like i fucked up my right handlebar pretty bad it looks pushed down pretty bad i hope my forks arent not bent which they dont looks like it but am sure they are with my luck.. went to make a left turn didnt even give it to much gas and the rear swung out pretty damn hard and ended up high siding at about 30 my race rails did save alot of the bike only craked the rear tail and a little crack on the front fairing where the headlight is overall good shit.... taking her to the shop tomorrow to have her inspected was now just seeing if anyone had a new right bar mine is def twisted not even going to try and bend it back

only damage to my self was a i twisted my ankle pretty bad its pretty swollen and my elbow little bruised but the jacket and helmet did their job upset that i now have a diesel scratch on it thou

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0228082120.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0228082117.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0228082100.jpg

neebelung
02-28-2008, 10:41 PM
YEEEEOWCH. :( Sorry to hear about this, but glad you're here to tell the tale (and glad your gear did it's job!!!)

Heal up quick!!

02Gsxxr
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
definitely did so for you who dont like icon their stuff is nice did its job beyond what it need to do

Trip
02-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I changed the plus1 thing, I always hated when people said plus1.

Dave
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
damn dude! first me then you? maybe we shoulda waited till it warmed up eh? hope you get well soon!

02Gsxxr
02-28-2008, 10:50 PM
damn dude! first me then you? maybe we shoulda waited till it warmed up eh? hope you get well soon!

yea maybe but oh well i love to ride just have to take it easy now till ill i heal then ill be back on twowheels

Mr Lefty
02-29-2008, 04:41 AM
damn bro! hope you heal quick! keep that ankle elevated!

DLIT
02-29-2008, 04:44 AM
That's shitty. Heal quick. Maybe you can open up a grammar book and read about using periods in the meantime.:idk:

Mr Lefty
02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
That's shitty. Heal quick. Maybe you can open up a grammar book and read about using periods in the meantime.:idk:

:lol

OTB
02-29-2008, 07:32 AM
So...where do you live (temps, road conditions) and what lead up to the crash, (short ride with cold roads/tires, long ride and tired/not paying attention)? Any idea WHY you dumped it? Gear? How much and how well did it do? Anything you would do differently?

Thanks

DLIT
02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
So...where do you live (temps, road conditions) and what lead up to the crash, (short ride with cold roads/tires, long ride and tired/not paying attention)? Any idea WHY you dumped it? Gear? How much and how well did it do? Anything you would do differently?

Thanks

Fuck, man, you're always asking good questions.

NeonspeedRT
02-29-2008, 08:58 AM

Thanks

I agree with OTB. Part of the accident is realizing your mistake and learning from it. What were the factors that lead up to the accident? What could you do different next time? Anything you care to share to help out other riders? I'm definatly glad to hear you are ok.

marko138
02-29-2008, 10:41 AM

BabababaBuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn. :zowned:

Thanks

Very important to know what and why it happened to prevent it again in the future.

02Gsxxr
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Well am in pa. And was at school all day from 2-8 so the bike was sitting awhile and temp. was pretty low probably around 20's. just went to make a left hand turn and clicked into 2nd and the tire just wasnt warm and the back swung around and high sided me. As for my gear my Icon jacket helmet and gloves did everything they were suppose to do no bumps or bruises on my upper body just a sprained ankle. As for my bike not to much damage was sustained.. my 905 race rails saved my bike from alot more damage

Pic of today... my ankle
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0229081509.jpg

Cutty72
03-01-2008, 04:33 AM
hope you are back on 2 quick!

mondos06cbr1000
03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
dam

i dont like riding in weather uner 60 degrees....forget 20 fuck that

t-homo
03-02-2008, 11:00 PM
when you going to post up your new shit man. Don't tell me you have the other place higher in your priorities than here.

02Gsxxr
03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
when you going to post up your new shit man. Don't tell me you have the other place higher in your priorities than here.

New shit?? like what i posted a thread about my new project painting my fairings

t-homo
03-02-2008, 11:55 PM
yeah thats pretty much what i was referring to. haha.

DLIT
03-03-2008, 04:49 AM
What was damaged on your bike? Like a mirror or something? Those race rails prevent a lot of damage. Good thing you had 'em. And 20 degrees is cold as hell.

Mr Lefty
03-03-2008, 05:06 AM
What was damaged on your bike? Like a mirror or something? Those race rails prevent a lot of damage. Good thing you had 'em. And 20 degrees is cold as hell.

only thing I can think of is he got his foot or something in between the road and the fairings and it cracked them... :idk:

ceo012384
03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
I agree with OTB. Part of the accident is realizing your mistake and learning from it. What were the factors that lead up to the accident? What could you do different next time? Anything you care to share to help out other riders? I'm definatly glad to hear you are ok.

plus1 on that.... figuring out what you did wrong and how to improve based on that is what makes a crash go from an expensive mistake to a learning experience.

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Question for a few... when i went down i never hit my head(helmet) on the ground on the initial fall but did scrape it across the ground when i slide... do i need to still replace my helmet other than cosmetic??

ceo012384
03-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Question for a few... when i went down i never hit my head(helmet) on the ground on the initial fall but did scrape it across the ground when i slide... do i need to still replace my helmet other than cosmetic??

I would say if there was no 'impact' but just some scraping you are fine. Unless the scraping wore through the protective shell at all. If there's any doubt, I would get it checked out. Either by a helmet shop, or the manufacturer. How bad is it?

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 02:23 AM
I would say if there was no 'impact' but just some scraping you are fine. Unless the scraping wore through the protective shell at all. If there's any doubt, I would get it checked out. Either by a helmet shop, or the manufacturer. How bad is it?

just scuffed up on a few places ill see if i can get a good picture to post of the helmet

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0310080225a.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Rustoleum97/0310080225.jpg

ceo012384
03-10-2008, 02:42 AM
From the pics, it just looks like surface/aesthetic damage. They're a little blurry. It looks like you just grazed your head. I doubt the structural integrity of the helmet has been compromised at all.

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 02:52 AM
From the pics, it just looks like surface/aesthetic damage. They're a little blurry. It looks like you just grazed your head. I doubt the structural integrity of the helmet has been compromised at all.

yea its not deep at all just looks scuffed like i org. thought just wanted a couple opinions thanx ceo

LaFemmes
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Hope your doing better.

marko138
03-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I would replace that lid. I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that again.

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I would replace that lid. I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that again.

y? memories??

t-homo
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I have heard that just a very minor fall can hurt a helmet.

azoomm
03-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd replace that helmet... no way I would put that on my head again. And, I wouldn't let you ride on my track with that - no way.

In my world, helmet hits the ground = replace.

marko138
03-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I'd replace that helmet... no way I would put that on my head again. And, I wouldn't let you ride on my track with that - no way.

Exactly. THere is NO other way. It's your HEAD we are talking about.

Rider
03-10-2008, 02:29 PM

I agree 100% Its outlived it's usefulness at that point.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-10-2008, 02:33 PM
yes, wear it only when you dont think you are going to crash. that is the only safe bet.

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM
See i understand to replace a helmet if you head hits the ground cause your helmet is designed withstand a impact but mine never hit the ground just scraped when i slide thats y i dont really feel the need to replace the helmet

marko138
03-10-2008, 03:16 PM
See i understand to replace a helmet if you head hits the ground cause your helmet is designed withstand a impact but mine never hit the ground just scraped when i slide thats y i dont really feel the need to replace the helmet

Good luck with that.

azoomm
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM

With THAT scraping, how can you say it never HIT the ground? I mean, in order to scrape, it had to hit. I've seen scrapes - I had a scrape across the top of my helmet from when I hit a turkey vulture with my scull and broke it's legs. A rock strike can cause a scrape. Shearing off the top layer of the helmet is NOT a scrape.

:shrug: It's your head.

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
With THAT scraping, how can you say it never HIT the ground? I mean, in order to scrape, it had to hit. I've seen scrapes - I had a scrape across the top of my helmet from when I hit a turkey vulture with my scull and broke it's legs. A rock strike can cause a scrape. Shearing off the top layer of the helmet is NOT a scrape.

:shrug: It's your head.

hit the ground as in meaning my head never slammed into the ground when i came off the bike

marko138
03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
hit the ground as in meaning my head never slammed into the ground when i came off the bike

Hey, whatever gets you to sleep at night. Hope to god your rational is correct next time you go down.

Mr Lefty
03-10-2008, 04:09 PM
dude have you ever seen anything slide across pavement with out skipping and bouncing? the foam in your helmet is designed to slow impacts by breaking down and slowing your head... but it can only do this once as it doesn't "rebound" like other foam... even if it's just slightly indented (the indent may be between the shell and the foam and not your head and the foam) it's not going to perform at 100% it's your head... but I'd never trust that if I wreck I'll probably need less than 100% of the helmets capabilities...

02Gsxxr
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
dude have you ever seen anything slide across pavement with out skipping and bouncing? the foam in your helmet is designed to slow impacts by breaking down and slowing your head... but it can only do this once as it doesn't "rebound" like other foam... even if it's just slightly indented (the indent may be between the shell and the foam and not your head and the foam) it's not going to perform at 100% it's your head... but I'd never trust that if I wreck I'll probably need less than 100% of the helmets capabilities...

well i understand that but am not tryin to get someone to justify my helmet and say yea its ok but when i fell i had a back pack on so it kept my back elevated off the ground and my head up but when i slide i heard my helmet scrape quick and thats when i lifted my neck to prevent it from fluckin it up any more than it all ready... like isaid when i crashed i wasnt worried about my self was more pissed at this helmet

Mr Lefty
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
alright... good luck

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 01:00 AM

I disagree.... just ship it to the manufacturer to get it checked out. They'll either repair it, or give you a good deal on a new one.

azoomm
03-11-2008, 01:04 AM
I disagree.... just ship it to the manufacturer to get it checked out. They'll either repair it, or give you a good deal on a new one.

You've seen his pictures, right? :skep:

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 01:12 AM
You've seen his pictures, right? :skep:

Yes... and from those blurry pictures I couldn't say whether just the thin shell surrounding the helmet was scraped up, or the structural integrity was compromised. My gut feeling is that the latter did not occur. But who knows, thus, send it back to Icon.

They will either replace just the shell and send it back, or tell you it's junk and give you a good deal on a replacement. Win win.

Mr Lefty
03-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes... and from those blurry pictures I couldn't say whether just the thin shell surrounding the helmet was scraped up, or the structural integrity was compromised. My gut feeling is that the latter did not occur. But who knows, thus, send it back to Icon.

They will either replace just the shell and send it back, or tell you it's junk and give you a good deal on a replacement. Win win.

didn't know they did that... good to know:dthumb:

azoomm
03-11-2008, 01:18 AM

I guess, I just wouldn't check that helmet with anyone. I've sent a helmet or two to the manuf., and they have always come back as *damaged*... and most offer a deal. But, it's usually off a full price helmet. I can usually get a better price on a close-out.

Worth a shot though :shrug: Good point.

Only problem, waiting to hear back without having a lid.

Mr Lefty
03-11-2008, 01:21 AM
I guess, I just wouldn't check that helmet with anyone. I've sent a helmet or two to the manuf., and they have always come back as *damaged*... and most offer a deal. But, it's usually off a full price helmet. I can usually get a better price on a close-out.

Worth a shot though :shrug: Good point.

I say it's an excuse to get a helmet collection going! :lol:

azoomm
03-11-2008, 01:25 AM
I say it's an excuse to get a helmet collection going! :lol:

You mean like my living room? The top two were my *guest book* at my wedding last year.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/House/Picture002.jpg

Mr Lefty
03-11-2008, 01:27 AM
You mean like my living room? The top two were my *guest book* at my wedding last year.

I can't see from work... but I'll check it out when I get home in 2hrs

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 02:18 AM

True... You can just buy a new one anyways... then worst case, you get back a new coffee table ornament. Best case, you get back a repaired unit that will be for passengers.

And that setup in your living room is sweet!! :rockwoot:

marko138
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Best living room EVAR!

HELMETS FTW!

02....get a new fucking helmet. You're playing with your life.

02Gsxxr
03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Best living room EVAR!

HELMETS FTW!

02....get a new fucking helmet. You're playing with your life.

GIVE ME MONEY and i will have none right now with no job so i need to wait

vabarber2
03-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear hat bro!!

azoomm
03-11-2008, 04:57 PM

:( That sucks. So sorry.

So, if you are waiting anyway - call the manufacturer and send the helmet to them for testing.

marko138
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Than you shouldn't be worried about motorcycles.

02Gsxxr
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
only means of transportation at the moment so i have to use it till i get a job to save some money

vabarber2
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
only means of transportation at the moment so i have to use it till i get a job to save some money
well good luck!!