PDA

View Full Version : Does the influx of new riders worry you?

WildKat
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll tell you what, everybody and their brother now seems to want a motorcycle or scooter. In my dept at work alone in the last 6 months, 4 people have gotten their bike licenses. Thankfully they've all taken the MSF beginner course so they are atleast starting out on the right foot. None of them have actually gotten bikes yet except one and she's still too scared to ride :idk:

With all the scooters and bikes out on the road and all the new riders who don't have a freekin clue about safe, defensive, riding I get worried because it's those tards out there riding in the wrong spot in the lane, not watching going through intersections, cutting off other drivers because they don't pay attention when passing, etc. that are making themselves easy targets for accidents. You know how it is out there, we all see it everyday but the problem is growing at an unbelievable rate now because gas prices are forcing everybody to think they should go out and get a bike when some of them probably don't have any business even thinking of being out on 2 wheels because they can't even drive a car safely. This aint like driving a car here newbs, and you can't just slam on the brakes at the last minute and think you aren't going to lay the bike down if you don't know what you're doing. I heard somebody the other day in the store talking about getting a scooter because it's easy to ride and everybody else is doing it. :wtf: That's the attitude that worries me; even being on a scooter should be taken seriously. I shutter to think that these people actually believe that cars will look out for them and that they'll be noticed pulling out of an intersection the same as they would be in a car. Riding a bike requires a defensive state of mind and always being alert for even the smallest detail..ok I'll shut up now but you see what Im getting at here...lol

To all those new riders that take being out on the road seriously, I totally commend you and I'm glad to see you're starting out properly and respecting the privilege of riding a motorcycle...and to all the goof balls out there who think they can just hop on a bike and do their thing please do me a favor and stay away from where I ride. Im not perfect, nor am I professing to be but I've been riding for 20 years now and there's no substitute for experience. The only way to get experience is to be safe, ride smart, do your homework when it comes to riding, and take it seriously but still have fun and enjoy it....and a little luck doesn't hurt either..LOL.

Mrs. Colleen
07-27-2008, 11:44 PM
YES!!! :willy:

WildKat
07-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Trust me I'm not trying to come off as some holier than thou biatch who thinks he's Mr. super rider do no wrong; nothing could be further from the truth. For seasoned riders of all types it's rough out there every day and you never know when some soccer mom in her Expedition yapping on her cell and yelling at the kids while putting on makeup is going to pull out in front of you. Or some old person who thinks, " they are on a motorcycle they'll stop for me" decides she wants to swerve at the last minute to make her hair appointment, or God knows any other of the million scenarios that can happen will rear their ugly heads and take us out. For those that are new it's even more difficult and compound that with those that are new and don't care to learn and you have a potential recipe for disaster.

Dave
07-28-2008, 12:20 AM
to be honest im much more worried about the buttfucking hippies on bicycles. motherfuckers never follow traffic laws around here. more than once ive stopped for a red only to watch one zip right through or just last week some guy lead his KID across one of the busiest routes in town. and every day i see more of them

dReWpY
07-28-2008, 12:39 AM
personally i think the ones that buy bikes for the gas crunch will be smarter then your average squid

Cutty72
07-28-2008, 01:03 AM
personally i think the ones that buy bikes for the gas crunch will be smarter then your average squid

smarter, possibly. better trained/prepaired and more conciensious of their surroundings, not always. and lastly knowledgable about how to ride a motorcycle... not from what i've seen.

dReWpY
07-28-2008, 01:09 AM
other then the msf what other training is there? time on the bike and miles under their belt... if they have the basics, i see nothing wrong with a bunch of new riders at least they are out on two wheels, i prolly wont ride with them, but every new rider has to start somewhere

the learning curve is steep and either they learn or they dont
:idk:

BobTheBiker
07-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Around here I'm not noticeing it yet. but HOPEFULLY they'll learn before they crash and be appropriately prepared to avoid situations that put them or us at risk.

MSF is a good beginning point, but the BRC teaches pretty much the bare essentials for parking lot riding, which is good, but not very helpful when a new rider NEEDS TO KNOW how to ride safely on the street. I believe the MSF course should be altered to include in the BRC some of the more important stuff about street riding.

dReWpY
07-28-2008, 01:29 AM
thats just it they are new riders, if they had experiance they wouldnt be new... kinda like a rite of passage

OneSickPsycho
07-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Not worried at all. More bikers mean more statistics, but more bikers also mean a louder collective voice.

Mr Lefty
07-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Not worried at all. More bikers mean more statistics, but more bikers also mean a louder collective voice.

exactly... and god knows we could use a louder voice and more attention. the right kind of attention... but really... even if everyone on the road hates me and flips me off when they see me... I'm good with it... cause THEY SEE ME.

WildKat
07-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Very good point; if a nice majority of them are actually going to get involved and help support issues that affect us out on the road then it could be a good thing from that perspective.

It's very true there's no substitute for experience and the only way to get it is to get out there and ride. the problem is the way that so many people drive their cars doing a hundred different things besides paying attention to the road can potentially carry that same mindset out on 2 wheels and that can be disastrous. If you cut somebody off in a car it's bad enough but do it on a bike and you can find yourself rear ended in a hot second. If the new riders take the time to do their homework, be mindful of what's around them and generally take riding seriously then I'm all for it. John Doe family man who wants to just save some money for gas while riding to work is not a bad thing by any means because he's more likely to be extra careful and watch out for himself. One of the groups of people that worries me is the punk kids and adults who have no respect for themselves or the road, go out and by a 600RR or Busa or even a new scooter and decide they have to be cool while not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to riding. That's where, potentially, the squid comes out and that's definitely not a good thing.

the chi
07-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I dont really give a crap honestly, I dont pay them any mind. If they talk to me before they start riding, I will be happy to point them in the right direction, semi mentor or get them a good mentor, but you cant force people to not be stupid or squidly.

Really the only thing that irritates me with all the new riders (and also some old) is their sheer lack of consideration for both themselves and fellow riders and cagers. Just yesterday I was in the car with YBSlow, we were passed by an old dude on a cruiser who should know better, wearing flip flops, shorts and a tshirt. After passing us, he swerved in front of the truck in front of us, then slammed on the brakes, made a terrible right turn using the entire road for his sloppy riding and basically skidded into the parking lot he was aiming for.

He was a terribly inconsiderate asshole, almost caused pileups for all the cars around him, could have hit oncoming traffic on the side road and its jerks like THAT who give the rest of us a bad rap and worry me.

Rider
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Who cares, more bikes on the road are better for me. More targets on the road and it lessens my chances of being struck by a cage.

marko138
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not worried about the influx of new riders....I'm worried about the new riders who jump on their new scooter with nothing more than a shirt/shorts/and sandals on. No helmets or any safety gear what so ever.

ceo012384
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
There are upsides and downsides to it...

First, not everyone is cut out for being on two wheels, even at the tame levels of riding the street demands. Some people just do not and will not have the skills to do it safely.

However, if there are more bikes on the road, one could hope that cager awareness of bikes would increase.

On the other hand, if there are more riders, there may be more riders doing wheelies and other stupid shit and furthering the stereotypes already in place.

I guess... :idk:

Sixxxxer
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I was once a new rider...Hell we all were. I think its better to teach them the proper ways rather than shun them and make them feel like outcasts.

More Riders is good and Bad, If we get more new riders doing it the right way than I'm all for it...It's all the ones that just go out hop on a bike and think there Goddamn Rossi On the streets.

Smittie61984
07-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Bikes have exploded in Atlanta. I passed one company on the way to work and they had an covered parking section with 11 motorcycles (all cruisers except 1 EX500) and probably a total of 50cars (If even that) in the parking lot. Hell we have gotten to the point that people no longer wave to each other because you'd never be able to clutch and shift.

Scooters is what I have noticed the most. I even see Roman Holiday style Vespas out in the middle of the fucking redneck jacked up truck rebel flag toting country.

Then once you go to downtown Atlanta they are everywhere. Most don't wear gear though.

Now here is something amazing about that in my local town...
A local news channel has brought out more awareness about bikes. WSBTV (And their AM radio) has done amazing stuff about bikes and even in their traffic reports you'll hear them say "Watch out for the bikes. There are a lot of them out there". Plus our biggest radio personality "Neal Boortz" rides a motorcycle (BMW and a gear nazi which is good but hates sportbikes in the mountains) and I think that has had an influence on Atlanta.

But here is the report they did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auALTtCnE_0

At my work the next day in which we have drivers driving F-450s and bigger pulling big bulldozers we had oure weekly safety meetings. One of the sub contractors spoke up about this report and told everyone to watch out for bikes. And mentioned a lot of riders out there aren't experienced and even if it's your fault or their fault there is no competition between a bike and a big truck hauling a bull dozer.

WildKat
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
There are upsides and downsides to it...

First, not everyone is cut out for being on two wheels, even at the tame levels of riding the street demands. Some people just do not and will not have the skills to do it safely.

However, if there are more bikes on the road, one could hope that cager awareness of bikes would increase.

On the other hand, if there are more riders, there may be more riders doing wheelies and other stupid shit and furthering the stereotypes already in place.

I guess... :idk:

damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess :dunno:

the amount of scooters has exploded so much you almost can't even find them in dealerships because they are gone almost as soon as they come in. atleast with anything over 50cc you need to get a motorcycle license so that atleast helps steer them in the right direction to study and learn their craft somewhat I suppose...

the chi
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Bikes have exploded in Atlanta. I passed one company on the way to work and they had an covered parking section with 11 motorcycles (all cruisers except 1 EX500) and probably a total of 50cars (If even that) in the parking lot. Hell we have gotten to the point that people no longer wave to each other because you'd never be able to clutch and shift.

Scooters is what I have noticed the most. I even see Roman Holiday style Vespas out in the middle of the fucking redneck jacked up truck rebel flag toting country.

Then once you go to downtown Atlanta they are everywhere. Most don't wear gear though.

Now here is something amazing about that in my local town...
A local news channel has brought out more awareness about bikes. WSBTV (And their AM radio) has done amazing stuff about bikes and even in their traffic reports you'll hear them say "Watch out for the bikes. There are a lot of them out there". Plus our biggest radio personality "Neal Boortz" rides a motorcycle (BMW and a gear nazi which is good but hates sportbikes in the mountains) and I think that has had an influence on Atlanta.

But here is the report they did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auALTtCnE_0

At my work the next day in which we have drivers driving F-450s and bigger pulling big bulldozers we had oure weekly safety meetings. One of the sub contractors spoke up about this report and told everyone to watch out for bikes. And mentioned a lot of riders out there aren't experienced and even if it's your fault or their fault there is no competition between a bike and a big truck hauling a bull dozer.

After my last trip to ATL, I can only say some of ya'll up there are INSANE!! I was speeding, going quickly to avoid being run over and was passed as if I werent moving more than once by fellow SB riders. I admire their abillity to navigate the traffic, but they were riding like it was the Isle of Mann or something with no regard for cagers, and I can only assume they help to further some stereotypes...perhaps they are new and dont know better, but my only thought as they passed me wearing lil or no gear was "RIP"!

Sixxxxer
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess :dunno:

the amount of scooters has exploded so much you almost can't even find them in dealerships because they are gone almost as soon as they come in. atleast with anything over 50cc you need to get a motorcycle license so that atleast helps steer them in the right direction to study and learn their craft somewhat I suppose...

The License thing is True BUT...In jersey they'll sell you a Bike off the floor even if you dont have a Motorcycle License, You just cant ride it out of the dealer...So people do they next best thing, Load it into a pickup and take it home...Then you can do whatever you want with it.

Not everyone is Gonna be legal on the Road. :idk:

rider76
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I havent noticed an increase in Motorcycles around here, But the gay ass scooter craze has exploded...I realized salesman dont give a fuck as to who buys one as long as the check clears, but I see way to many 300lb guys on 100cc scooters

marko138
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
The License thing is True BUT...In jersey they'll sell you a Bike off the floor even if you dont have a Motorcycle License, You just cant ride it out of the dealer...So people do they next best thing, Load it into a pickup and take it home...Then you can do whatever you want with it.

You don't have to have a license to purchase any automobile in PA either. As long as you have the cash and proof of insurance it's yours.

rider76
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
One of my troops went to a dealer, got a loan and rode it out of the parking lot without a motorcycle endorsement on his license. dealer doesnt care they got there money...

Cutty72
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
One of my troops went to a dealer, got a loan and rode it out of the parking lot without a motorcycle endorsement on his license. dealer doesnt care they got there money...

guessing his ass was grass when you found out?

Dave
07-30-2008, 12:58 AM

turns out powersports doesnt check :P

nhgunnut
07-30-2008, 07:41 AM
There is a nice bit of irony here. I remember in about 1967 or 68 my dad and one of his friends (cruiser guys both one Indian one Harley) were talking about how putting electric starters on bikes was going to result in a bunh of people who should never be on a motorcyles getting one and how it would ruin riding for everyone.
I think stasticly 10% of the new riders will be idiots some of those will learn from their mistakes others will leave riding or become subjects of the Darwinian process. (here in New Hampshire we don't have helmet laws, and we print "Live free or die" on our liscense plates. So we will clrealy assist you with either)
I think in the long run more riders mean a larger collective voice and more diverse and competitve marketplace so in the long run better for all of us. In the short run I will be emabarrassed by stupid people doing stupid things in a sport I have a passion for.

marko138
07-30-2008, 10:42 AM
A guy died on a cycle last night....less than a block from the station. We are doing a follow up today. No helmet on this jabrone. I'm not shooting it...but my bike will probly be in it....from a story I shot a few weeks ago.

Dave
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
There is a nice bit of irony here. I remember in about 1967 or 68 my dad and one of his friends (cruiser guys both one Indian one Harley) were talking about how putting electric starters on bikes was going to result in a bunh of people who should never be on a motorcyles getting one and how it would ruin riding for everyone.
I think stasticly 10% of the new riders will be idiots some of those will learn from their mistakes others will leave riding or become subjects of the Darwinian process. (here in New Hampshire we don't have helmet laws, and we print "Live free or die" on our liscense plates. So we will clrealy assist you with either)
I think in the long run more riders mean a larger collective voice and more diverse and competitve marketplace so in the long run better for all of us. In the short run I will be emabarrassed by stupid people doing stupid things in a sport I have a passion for.

one of the things i love about bikes is its damn difficult to engineer in all of the bs people rely on to veg out in cars. you actually have to be awake and thinking to operate it. im kinda hoping that most of the new riders will wake up and translate that new awareness to the rest of their driving. doubt it but i can always hope

Katherine
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I think the ratio is going to stay the same. It's the same every year. Squids buy bikes. Some grow out of it. Some don't. Like Dave, I hope it spreads motorcycle awareness. I doubt it, but still hope anyway.

Smittie61984
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
After my last trip to ATL, I can only say some of ya'll up there are INSANE!! I was speeding, going quickly to avoid being run over and was passed as if I werent moving more than once by fellow SB riders. I admire their abillity to navigate the traffic, but they were riding like it was the Isle of Mann or something with no regard for cagers, and I can only assume they help to further some stereotypes...perhaps they are new and dont know better, but my only thought as they passed me wearing lil or no gear was "RIP"!

Well you do see very little gear in the Metro area (Mainly due to hot weather and the average speed being 5mph on the normal roads). However for the crazy driving. I'd hate to say it but you about have to drive like a jackass to not be ran over. When on the interstates I normally maintain between 85-100mph to be slightly above the flow. And then when you hit the surface streets is where the real fun begins.

The only motorcycle benefit to living in the Atlanta area is even with "Gixxers" and Busas ruling the streets. You can see all kinds bikes just cruising around. If you think buying an Aprilia, Ducati 1098, Guzzi, MV Agusta or stretching your bike 12ft is going to grab a lot of attention. Think again because there are 10 more like you within a 10 mile radius. Same for cars. Driving a Ferrai, Lambo, Lotus, etc isn't going to grab much attention.

On the plus side you can roll about 90mph in a 55 and pass right by a cop without them thinking twice about it. The downside though is those police charges (Specifically the Georgia State Patrol) have a top speed of 165mph which means he could pit manuever my bike.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
so I need another 5 mph to out run the cops...

rider76
07-30-2008, 07:25 PM
guessing his ass was grass when you found out?

Yep, went back to the dealer with him to exchange the Busa for something more reasonable. He was under a direct order from the base commander not to ride it till he took and passed a safety course. He did and is now on his way to becoming a decent rider..

WildKat
07-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Around here we have several fairly big riding clubs geared mostly toward SB riders...they all ride Gixxers, Ninja's, Busa's, R1's etc...and it's funny, not a one of them ever does anything besides go to the track and work on the 1/4 mile times. You can always tell the riding club guys because they have a nice big flat spot in the middle of their rear tire from all the burnouts and they all have atleast 3 inches of chicken strips on their tires. The kids around here look up to these guys and they ( the clubs) are the ones speeding, doing wheelies in the streets, weaving in and out of traffic and what not. ugh, what a way to send the wrong message to new riders...

Smittie61984
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
so I need another 5 mph to out run the cops...

And another few thousand feet per second to outrun the bullet when he sticks his gun out of his car and shoots you in the back. GSP has no rules of engagement. It's go time for them.

I saw video years back where some 16year old girl and 14 year old boy where running from the South Carolina cops on the way to Florida near Savannah, GA in a Jeep Cherokee. It went on for a few hours and then crossed into Georgia at speeds around 110mph. The GSP pulls up in front of the SC cop and basically ends the chase in 10seconds when he puts them into a tree killing them both. GSP's comments about it (To address the outrage) went basically along the lines of tough luck.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 11:34 PM

majority of riders can hardly be called "riders" in the way we mean it though. we take riding as part of a lifestyle, a mentality, and a state of mind; thats not the case with most.

We were fortunate to have either a level head on our shoulders or were brought into 2wheeling by somebody that did.

I think its good that there are more bikes on the road, but it hardly effects me. I'll still get stereotyped, still have to watch out for 16 year olds texting, still have to fight for every inch during rush hour, and still get snide looks from soccer moms sneering down at me from their suburban tanks.

Dave
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
saw a really nice sv1000s with exhaust and zuk lower fairings while riding the other day and i was actually surprised at how much i liked the way it looked/sounded. i gotta make friends with someone who has one now so i can get in a test ride :D

Cutty72
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Yep, went back to the dealer with him to exchange the Busa for something more reasonable. He was under a direct order from the base commander not to ride it till he took and passed a safety course. He did and is now on his way to becoming a decent rider..

Yeah, I know the military standards/regs and yeah no license is a BIG no no.

Around here we have several fairly big riding clubs geared mostly toward SB riders...they all ride Gixxers, Ninja's, Busa's, R1's etc...and it's funny, not a one of them ever does anything besides go to the track and work on the 1/4 mile times. You can always tell the riding club guys because they have a nice big flat spot in the middle of their rear tire from all the burnouts and they all have atleast 3 inches of chicken strips on their tires. The kids around here look up to these guys and they ( the clubs) are the ones speeding, doing wheelies in the streets, weaving in and out of traffic and what not. ugh, what a way to send the wrong message to new riders...

Yeah, ran into a guy in the MP unit here that's like that. Drags an R1 and thinks it's the shit. Asked him if he ever did road course racing. He tried once at the same track I ran earlier this year, ran one lap and got scared.
Guess that tells ya something. :lol:

Smittie61984
07-31-2008, 09:55 PM
saw a really nice sv1000s with exhaust and zuk lower fairings while riding the other day and i was actually surprised at how much i liked the way it looked/sounded. i gotta make friends with someone who has one now so i can get in a test ride :D

I rode one before when test riding it for a friend (Who had no business on it). I'd say it felt very similar to a RC51. Just more comfortable but maybe less power.

My buddy didn't get it by the way. I talked him out of it.

Mr Lefty
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
why'd you talk him out of it?

marko138
08-01-2008, 07:57 AM

Street Kings?

zerioustt
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
This thread is gay....

Everyone in here was a noob at one point. Not everyone is pro riders out of the womb like most of you guys..lol. Get off your high horses

marko138
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
This thread is gay....

Everyone in here was a noob at one point. Not everyone is pro riders out of the womb like most of you guys..lol. Get off your high horses
Who the fuck are you?

zerioustt
08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Who the fuck are you?

Under my name it says squid....yeup that's me.

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
This thread is gay....

true... but what we're talking about is the volume of new riders... how it's going to effect us as established riders... not putting down every new rider for being a noob...

I for one think it'll be nice to have a larger collective voice... but worry that the majority of the "noobies" are going to do nothing but hurt... or further tarnish the image of motorcyclists... mainly sportbikers by riding under dressed and under trained.

zerioustt
08-01-2008, 03:33 PM
true... but what we're talking about is the volume of new riders... how it's going to effect us as established riders... not putting down every new rider for being a noob...

I for one think it'll be nice to have a larger collective voice... but worry that the majority of the "noobies" are going to do nothing but hurt... or further tarnish the image of motorcyclists... mainly sportbikers by riding under dressed and under trained.

the image is as tarnished as its going to get imo, it sucks but it is what it is. its the same with everything in this world..the newer generation of kids keep getting worse and worse as a whole. its not just bikers, its cars, sports, and just general morals. im glad i grew up when i did and my parents kicked my ass enough to put some fear in me as a kid.

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I dissagree... the image can be tarnished further... there are still some people who don't give me that side ways look when I say I ride...

I fear that a mass influx of ignorant riders will just bring down harsher legislation and make it harder for me to ride legaly when the ignorant riders who CAUSED the harsher legislation did so by not obeying the laws as is.... ya know?

marko138
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I dissagree... the image can be tarnished further... there are still some people who don't give me that side ways look when I say I ride...

I fear that a mass influx of ignorant riders will just bring down harsher legislation and make it harder for me to ride legaly when the ignorant riders who CAUSED the harsher legislation did so by not obeying the laws as is.... ya know?
Very good point....but such is the case with most legislation. All it does is hurt the ones who obey laws. Like gun control.

Dave
08-01-2008, 04:26 PM

some guy started shit with my roomate the other day in the middle of rt 70 just cause we were on bikes. nearly ended up being a fistfight. cant get much worse than that IMO

comonboys
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM
This thread is gay....

Thats not what the guys here are saying..... First of all, us riders who take this seriously are sick of your posers asses out there doing stupid ass things on the street giving us who ride with common sense a bad name. Flip flops, A &f shorts and shirt and any other preppy, daddy's money spoiled piece of shit stuck up loser stuff you may have. We a jacket with proper boots, and a helmet to hold in what little brains you have when you crash from trying to impress that chick with the bottle blonde hair that probably has less clothes and brains then you.... Yeah, really impressive......
I think I speak for alot of people on here when I say..... I really don't think your that cool if that's how you wanna ride.
I honestly think that state laws should be changed to having to present your motorcycle endorsement with any purchase of a motorcycle.... Even private sales... Yes, I understand that alot of people would just go around it but to legally posses the title of a private sale or to buy one in a stealership, I understand that some people might want to just go in and take the test at the DMV or wherever your state does it, but if you haven't done that, you have to provide proof that you took the MSF.... IMO, something has to be done to better educate those out there riding.

fnfalman
08-02-2008, 11:35 AM
I like to see more scooters and scooter riders on the streets. We scooter riders are all about being green/socially responsible, leaving small carbon footprints while enjoying the fun of two-wheeled motion.:rockout:

Amber Lamps
08-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Actually,in my opinion,the image of the motorcyclist has greatly improved over the last few decades. Sure,people may view us as reckless,stupid,crazy,etc but they no longer view us as a threat like they used to in the 50s,60s,or even 70s. We're no longer portrayed as beer guzzling vagabonds tearing up small towns and terrorizing the citizens. As it stands,we are considered only dangerous to ourselves and quite frankly,that is the situation in most cases. Whether or not a guy wears a helmet,jacket,gloves,boots,etc,is a decision that will ultimately only affect him,his loved ones,etc. Of course,I agree that wearing proper riding attire is the intelligent way to ride but I don't always wear my full gear to ride and no amount of name calling or brow beating is going to persuade me to do so. If I choose to ride without a jacket,boots,gloves,etc,I have my reasons and I won't even attempt to justify myself to you. I don't have to.

On another note,I was going to start a poll using pictures and have members vote on who's a squid. I haven't gotten the right pics but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Here are some examples of two-wheeled vehicle operators,all wearing helmets,jeans,t-shirt (A&F if it makes you happy),and Nike's,all going the same speed,on the same road. Pick the squid and why.

1. Guy on a GSXR1000

2. Guy on a Vespa

3. Guy on a Big Dog

4. Guy on a Spree

5. Guy on a Harley Davidson Electra-Glide

6. Guy on a DRZ-400E

7. Guy on a CBR954

Obviously,I've chosen a couple of these examples because some of the members of this forum have used pics of themselves operating their bikes in this state of dress and yet have either criticized other riders for their lack of equipment or remained silent while their compatriots have done so.

Anyway,discuss away,I'm honestly and sincerely very interested in the answers. Also,if you don't mind,I've never gotten a decent answer as to how my lack of equipment affects you personally... I mean public perception of riders or insurance rates don't cut it for me as reasons for you to be so upset about my personal decisions.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Actually,in my opinion,the image of the motorcyclist has greatly improved over the last few decades. Sure,people may view us as reckless,stupid,crazy,etc but they no longer view us as a threat like they used to in the 50s,60s,or even 70s. We're no longer portrayed as beer guzzling vagabonds tearing up small towns and terrorizing the citizens. As it stands,we are considered only dangerous to ourselves and quite frankly,that is the situation in most cases. Whether or not a guy wears a helmet,jacket,gloves,boots,etc,is a decision that will ultimately only affect him,his loved ones,etc. Of course,I agree that wearing proper riding attire is the intelligent way to ride but I don't always wear my full gear to ride and no amount of name calling or brow beating is going to persuade me to do so. If I choose to ride without a jacket,boots,gloves,etc,I have my reasons and I won't even attempt to justify myself to you. I don't have to.

On another note,I was going to start a poll using pictures and have members vote on who's a squid. I haven't gotten the right pics but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Here are some examples of two-wheeled vehicle operators,all wearing helmets,jeans,t-shirt (A&F if it makes you happy),and Nike's,all going the same speed,on the same road. Pick the squid and why.

1. Guy on a GSXR1000

2. Guy on a Vespa

3. Guy on a Big Dog

4. Guy on a Spree

5. Guy on a Harley Davidson Electra-Glide

6. Guy on a DRZ-400E

7. Guy on a CBR954

Obviously,I've chosen a couple of these examples because some of the members of this forum have used pics of themselves operating their bikes in this state of dress and yet have either criticized other riders for their lack of equipment or remained silent while their compatriots have done so.

Anyway,discuss away,I'm honestly and sincerely very interested in the answers. Also,if you don't mind,I've never gotten a decent answer as to how my lack of equipment affects you personally... I mean public perception of riders or insurance rates don't cut it for me as reasons for you to be so upset about my personal decisions.

only douches on sportbikes are squids... mainly gixxers. other riders are just douches.

Amber Lamps
08-02-2008, 02:30 PM
only douches on sportbikes are squids... mainly gixxers. other riders are just douches.

:twfix::rf:

zerioustt
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Thats not what the guys here are saying..... First of all, us riders who take this seriously are sick of your posers asses out there doing stupid ass things on the street giving us who ride with common sense a bad name. Flip flops, A &f shorts and shirt and any other preppy, daddy's money spoiled piece of shit stuck up loser stuff you may have. We a jacket with proper boots, and a helmet to hold in what little brains you have when you crash from trying to impress that chick with the bottle blonde hair that probably has less clothes and brains then you.... Yeah, really impressive......
I think I speak for alot of people on here when I say..... I really don't think your that cool if that's how you wanna ride.
I honestly think that state laws should be changed to having to present your motorcycle endorsement with any purchase of a motorcycle.... Even private sales... Yes, I understand that alot of people would just go around it but to legally posses the title of a private sale or to buy one in a stealership, I understand that some people might want to just go in and take the test at the DMV or wherever your state does it, but if you haven't done that, you have to provide proof that you took the MSF.... IMO, something has to be done to better educate those out there riding.

i agree with the idiots who wear shorts. but when its 90 degrees outside im not wearing a jacket either, guess im a poser. just because you get your endorsement doesnt make you better then the next guy either, nor does a MSF its all in the rider and he/she's ability.

people who try to impress people are idiots in general. any stunting i do is for me and me only, most people who ride do it for the thrill and freedom of it. seems like most of the guys who dislike stunting are probably guys who cant or dont have the balls to try. like i said seems like alot of you believe youre better then others.

comonboys
08-02-2008, 03:40 PM
i agree with the idiots who wear shorts. but when its 90 degrees outside im not wearing a jacket either, guess im a poser. just because you get your endorsement doesnt make you better then the next guy either, nor does a MSF its all in the rider and he/she's ability.

people who try to impress people are idiots in general. any stunting i do is for me and me only, most people who ride do it for the thrill and freedom of it. seems like most of the guys who dislike stunting are probably guys who cant or dont have the balls to try. like i said seems like alot of you believe youre better then others.

I agree it's all in the rider. What I am saying is I think people need to take the MSF to learn to ride properly.... I had been riding for 3 years before I took the MSF course. I still learned alot of things and learned how to correct things that I had been doing incorrectly. I felt that made me a much better rider that to just be ignorant and keep riding unsafely.... If we require people to take those precautions and they go and choose not to ride safely then its their own stupidity that will get them hurt. As for the stunting, I don't dislike it, I would love to try and learn to do some stuff however doing that stuff in the middle of the road with traffic is just plain fuking retarded.
Also I don't think I am better than any rider out there.... Alot of people could do laps around me.... I am just stating my own PERSONAL opionion. Take it or leave it.

Mr Lefty
08-02-2008, 07:16 PM

It's your skin you can do what you want with it... but don't get all defensive when people call you a Squid... or an Idiot. same as if a football player decided to go out with out a helmet... or a S.C.U.B.A diver going with out a full tank... your going out ill prepared for the action your going to do.

there are Mesh jackets and pants that will keep you cool... and remember, once you have a skin graph... that section of skin no longer sweats... just think how hot you'll be then.

as for the guys that stunt... and I'm talking about the guys that do so on public roads, in traffic, showing off to anyone who's watching... well they 90% of the time fall in to the squid category as they're usually under dressed. and if it wasn't that when they go down they usually end up in the ER or morgue and then the headlines run with another Idiot biker.

again... if what those idiots did didn't affect anyone but themselves... then great... I'd be completely happy ignoring them as I ride by in my leathers on that 90* day. But the fact is... to the vast majority of the Public... there is only two types of bikers... Harley Riders... and Crotch Rocket riders. and neither are positive stereotypes.

Amber Lamps
08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It's your skin you can do what you want with it... but don't get all defensive when people call you a Squid... or an Idiot. same as if a football player decided to go out with out a helmet... or a S.C.U.B.A diver going with out a full tank... your going out ill prepared for the action your going to do.

there are Mesh jackets and pants that will keep you cool... and remember, once you have a skin graph... that section of skin no longer sweats... just think how hot you'll be then.

as for the guys that stunt... and I'm talking about the guys that do so on public roads, in traffic, showing off to anyone who's watching... well they 90% of the time fall in to the squid category as they're usually under dressed. and if it wasn't that when they go down they usually end up in the ER or morgue and then the headlines run with another Idiot biker.

again... if what those idiots did didn't affect anyone but themselves... then great... I'd be completely happy ignoring them as I ride by in my leathers on that 90* day. But the fact is... to the vast majority of the Public... there is only two types of bikers... Harley Riders... and Crotch Rocket riders. and neither are positive stereotypes.

Back when men were men they did play football without helmets. In fact Australians call us pussies because we wear gear to play football. The gear craze is relatively new in motorcycling. When I was younger,almost no one wore "track gear" on the street. You'd get laughed at and run off. It's all in perception and from where you are currently standing. On the NC forum,it's almost unanimously agreed that the weather down here calls for riding without jackets,boots or gloves. I just rode with a bunch of guys in shorts and t-shirts to the coast. The funny thing is,for most guys,the less gear you have on,the safer you ride. When these guys have on all their gear,they are flying but when they don't,people in suvs are passing us.

Motorcycles always have had a "outlaw" mystique about them. If you want the public at large to love you,go buy a scooter or a Prius. You can't join a group with an established image and then complain about said image. It's irrational... Besides when a hot chick comes up to you and says,"Oh you ride a crotch rocket? You must be a bad boy,that's so sexy!". I'm sure you don't say," Gee whiz,I never break any laws and I always wear all of my safety gear when I ride.":wink:

Mr Lefty
08-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Back when men were men they did play football without helmets. In fact Australians call us pussies because we wear gear to play football. The gear craze is relatively new in motorcycling. When I was younger,almost no one wore "track gear" on the street. You'd get laughed at and run off. It's all in perception and from where you are currently standing. On the NC forum,it's almost unanimously agreed that the weather down here calls for riding without jackets,boots or gloves. I just rode with a bunch of guys in shorts and t-shirts to the coast. The funny thing is,for most guys,the less gear you have on,the safer you ride. When these guys have on all their gear,they are flying but when they don't,people in suvs are passing us.

Motorcycles always have had a "outlaw" mystique about them. If you want the public at large to love you,go buy a scooter or a Prius. You can't join a group with an established image and then complain about said image. It's irrational... Besides when a hot chick comes up to you and says,"Oh you ride a crotch rocket? You must be a bad boy,that's so sexy!". I'm sure you don't say," Gee whiz,I never break any laws and I always wear all of my safety gear when I ride.":wink:

true... but as studies were done and safety equipment improved... so the risk went down... and Australian foot ball though an extremely physical sport... doesn't have the collisions that American foot ball does... yes there are the occasional rib breakers... but I'd love to see any of them play American football in the NFL with out pad and see them last more than one or two games.

as for the "most guys" statement... I seriously doubt that. yes maybe the guys you rode with were chill... law abiding riders... but I can't agree with the less gear you wear the safer you'll ride... it's BS

So your NC Forum is full of idiots then IMO... they're probably the same people who'd take off their helmets when they're in a state that doesn't require it. I'll be moving to MS here in March... and will probably be riding year round (with gas prices headed the way they are) and can't see riding with out some sort of gear... granted... it may go from leather to Textile... but I like my skin... and I like to sweat.

I'm not looking for the general public to love me... but I could do with out them hating me... hate is what brings on the legislation I spoke about earlier...

and yes... actually I do say I wear my gear all the time... when asked if I'm one of those guys on crotch rockets flying up and down the freeway... I don't need the "bad boy" mystique to land girls... :dthumb: I could care less what THOSE type of girls think of me... you can have'm

'73 H1 Triple
08-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Get a textile jacket to save your skin. I don't care if the heat index is 110, I'll have my gear on ( full face helmet, olympia textile armored jacket, high top leather boots& gloves) I would much rather sweat than bleed. It's your ass out on the bike. I won't feel a thing if you remove "acres" of your skin.

I don't stunt on the street, I've had my fun riding dirt bike when I learned how to ride. Plus the area I live has changed dramically in the last couple decades. The former good wheelie roads and now lined with houses. No longer safe to ride fast. Besides, the bike handles better with two wheels on the ground.

Jeff
48 years old with over 50K street miles

WildKat
08-02-2008, 11:32 PM
If you don't wear gear then you get what you deserve IMO. Riding is a risk everytime you head out regardless of where you are headed so why not try and make it as safe as you can. Gear not only helps save your skin but also helps you be even more visible especially in the evening and at night.

Textile gear is great stuff it'll save your hide if you go down and personally I'd rather get up and walk away then get skin graphs.

Ride with the SWORD !

Sweat Washes Off Roadrash Doesn't

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 03:46 AM
true... but as studies were done and safety equipment improved... so the risk went down... and Australian foot ball though an extremely physical sport... doesn't have the collisions that American foot ball does... yes there are the occasional rib breakers... but I'd love to see any of them play American football in the NFL with out pad and see them last more than one or two games.

as for the "most guys" statement... I seriously doubt that. yes maybe the guys you rode with were chill... law abiding riders... but I can't agree with the less gear you wear the safer you'll ride... it's BS

So your NC Forum is full of idiots then IMO... they're probably the same people who'd take off their helmets when they're in a state that doesn't require it. I'll be moving to MS here in March... and will probably be riding year round (with gas prices headed the way they are) and can't see riding with out some sort of gear... granted... it may go from leather to Textile... but I like my skin... and I like to sweat.

I'm not looking for the general public to love me... but I could do with out them hating me... hate is what brings on the legislation I spoke about earlier...

and yes... actually I do say I wear my gear all the time... when asked if I'm one of those guys on crotch rockets flying up and down the freeway... I don't need the "bad boy" mystique to land girls... :dthumb: I could care less what THOSE type of girls think of me... you can have'm

Ok,that's you,I respect your right to feel the way you feel and do the things you do. I could call you a "pussy" or whatever because you wear all that gear all the time. I could call you a coward because you won't ride fast in traffic or do wheelies on the freeway. It's easy to judge other people because they don't live the way you do. I try to avoid that when I can.

As far as the bimbos who like bad boys go. I was attempting to find something we could mutually relate to as men. Unfortunately,I choose my example poorly. Anyway,I am a bad person, I have done things to show off, I ride sometimes without a full leather track suit, I don't mind getting sex from girls who don't believe in everything I do,I break the speed limit every time I get on my bike,I think that adults should be allowed to make their own decisions with regard to their personal safety.

We won't ever agree and that's ok. I'll probably always be the only real "squid" on this forum. You guys will always run off anyone else who joins and disagrees with your beliefs. Hey,that's fine with me. It's nice to be unique in a way! Oh and to totally shoot holes in this stupid theory that people in Suburbans and Tahoes judge riders based on how much gear they have on... It is absolutely absurd to imagine that anyone BUT people like you care how much riding gear I'm wearing. Lastly,my friends here aren't idiots. One of them is sitting on my couch right now and has 20+ years of riding experience. He even held the lap record at the local track for awhile. That statement was extremely judgmental even for this forum...

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Get a textile jacket to save your skin. I don't care if the heat index is 110, I'll have my gear on ( full face helmet, olympia textile armored jacket, high top leather boots& gloves) I would much rather sweat than bleed. It's your ass out on the bike. I won't feel a thing if you remove "acres" of your skin.

I don't stunt on the street, I've had my fun riding dirt bike when I learned how to ride. Plus the area I live has changed dramically in the last couple decades. The former good wheelie roads and now lined with houses. No longer safe to ride fast. Besides, the bike handles better with two wheels on the ground.

Jeff
48 years old with over 50K street miles

There will always be new fast/wheelie roads.You have obviously lost your taste for it. Your choice.

Lon
43 years old with almost 20,000 street miles this bike alone. At least 200,000 miles with over 25 years experience.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 04:23 AM
like I said... I could care less what you wear... or what anyone else wears... but knowing that by simply wearing gear and being a little hotter while riding but choosing not to... is an idiotic choice... I'll call them how I see them.

I said nothing about your friends riding tallents... nor yours... i'm sure you both could ride circles around me... I could care less...

I'm not saying I've never broken the law... I ride fast(er) in trafic... but that goes into defensive riding. but there are places for showing off... and in traffic on public roads isn't it. especially when your under geared if things go bad

I too believe that people should be able to make their own decisions... but they also shouldn't cry when I call them an idiot for not making the smart choice. Go ahead call me a pussy for wearing my gear... I've heard it before... I could care less... I wear the gear to keep my skin the way it is... Pale and in tact... :lol:

Granted... many of these idiots... "Squids" could out ride me any day of the week... but who gives a fuck... they're still idiots... and if they're doing stupid shit in traffic they're driving that stereo type home to everyone who see's them.

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 04:27 AM
If you don't wear gear then you get what you deserve IMO. Riding is a risk everytime you head out regardless of where you are headed so why not try and make it as safe as you can. Gear not only helps save your skin but also helps you be even more visible especially in the evening and at night.

Textile gear is great stuff it'll save your hide if you go down and personally I'd rather get up and walk away then get skin graphs.

Ride with the SWORD !

How does a black textile or leather jacket make you more visible? Heck,a nice bright t-shirt would be better.

zerioustt
08-03-2008, 09:40 AM
like I said... I could care less what you wear... or what anyone else wears... but knowing that by simply wearing gear and being a little hotter while riding but choosing not to... is an idiotic choice... I'll call them how I see them.

I said nothing about your friends riding tallents... nor yours... i'm sure you both could ride circles around me... I could care less...

I'm not saying I've never broken the law... I ride fast(er) in trafic... but that goes into defensive riding. but there are places for showing off... and in traffic on public roads isn't it. especially when your under geared if things go bad

I too believe that people should be able to make their own decisions... but they also shouldn't cry when I call them an idiot for not making the smart choice. Go ahead call me a pussy for wearing my gear... I've heard it before... I could care less... I wear the gear to keep my skin the way it is... Pale and in tact... :lol:

Granted... many of these idiots... "Squids" could out ride me any day of the week... but who gives a fuck... they're still idiots... and if they're doing stupid shit in traffic they're driving that stereo type home to everyone who see's them.

anything you say carries 0 weight with me because youre a hypocrite. you call others stupid but you speed in traffic. that makes alot of sense youre putting just as many people at risk as people who stunt in traffic. you can use your brakes for defensive driving no need to rip on the throttle.

OneSickPsycho
08-03-2008, 09:48 AM
anything you say carries 0 weight with me because youre a hypocrite. you call others stupid but you speed in traffic. that makes alot of sense youre putting just as many people at risk as people who stunt in traffic. you can use your brakes for defensive driving no need to rip on the throttle.

There is a difference between balance point wheelies on the highway and doing 10 over. Nice try.

'73 H1 Triple
08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
There will always be new fast/wheelie roads.You have obviously lost your taste for it. Your choice.

Lon
43 years old with almost 20,000 street miles this bike alone. At least 200,000 miles with over 25 years experience.

Lon,
I guess I didn't choose the best wording. I've learned that I'm not the "indestructable super hero" on the bike anymore. In addition to choosing the correct places to play, the gear is also important too.

Jeff

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Ok but you've said that their "lack of gear" makes us look bad.That's what I'm talking about,not whether or not they ride like assholes on the street. You never even try to understand what I'm saying,you agree that everyone has a right to wear whatever gear they want and then you say you have a right to judge everyone else and call them names. Basically what you are saying is that if you run into a guy in a full track set-up on the road,he gets to call you a "squid" because he's made a "smarter" choice then you have. I guess I don't understand the need here to label other riders because they don't subscribe to your beliefs. Oh and I never said that people on my forum here don't wear gear,I said that they don't run around judging other rider's gear choices. Besides,I know for a fact that some of the other guys on this forum don't always wear a jacket/boots/gloves when they ride. I wish for once they would man up and help me out during these discussions so it doesn't always have to be that "squid" Tigger vs everyone else on the forum on this issue.

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Lon,
I guess I didn't choose the best wording. I've learned that I'm not the "indestructable super hero" on the bike anymore. In addition to choosing the correct places to play, the gear is also important too.

Jeff

That's cool Jeff. Oh and if you've seen some of the other threads I've posted pics in then you know that I also don't believe that I'm indestructible. I have several screws,pins and scars to prove it. I've buried at least a dozen of my friends due to motorcycle accidents so I have zero illusions when it comes to my mortality. I've never claimed that wearing gear was a bad thing, I never claimed it wasn't the smart or right thing to do. I am merely saying that I should be able to wear or not wear whatever gear I choose without being judged by anyone else.

Some of you smoke,I don't,should I follow you around calling you an idiot every time you light up?

Some of you drink,I don't,heck,some of you have even admitted to having a couple beers during bike rides,does this give me the right to call you names?

Some of you smoke pot,I don't,I guess I'm allowed to judge your life even tho' you're not affecting me directly.

I just don't understand why some people on this forum are so angry when see or hear of someone not wearing what they have decided is "proper gear".
Oh and will at least one person address my question as to why only the guys on sportbikes are squids when they don't wear full gear but guys on cruisers, choppers,scooters,etc get a pass? I would appreciate even one intelligent,rational explanation of this concept.

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a difference between balance point wheelies on the highway and doing 10 over. Nice try.

:iagree: I seriously doubt Ebbs is talking about hitting triple digits thru downtown.:whistle: Tho' I honestly appreciate any help I can get!

'73 H1 Triple
08-03-2008, 11:57 AM
That's cool Jeff. Oh and if you've seen some of the other threads I've posted pics in then you know that I also don't believe that I'm indestructible. I have several screws,pins and scars to prove it. I've buried at least a dozen of my friends due to motorcycle accidents so I have zero illusions when it comes to my mortality. I've never claimed that wearing gear was a bad thing, I never claimed it wasn't the smart or right thing to do. I am merely saying that I should be able to wear or not wear whatever gear I choose without being judged by anyone else.

Some of you smoke,I don't,should I follow you around calling you an idiot every time you light up?

Some of you drink,I don't,heck,some of you have even admitted to having a couple beers during bike rides,does this give me the right to call you names?

Some of you smoke pot,I don't,I guess I'm allowed to judge your life even tho' you're not affecting me directly.

I just don't understand why some people on this forum are so angry when see or hear of someone not wearing what they have decided is "proper gear".
Oh and will at least one person address my question as to why only the guys on sportbikes are squids when they don't wear full gear but guys on cruisers, choppers,scooters,etc get a pass? I would appreciate even one intelligent,rational explanation of this concept.

I, for one, consider anyone who's not wearing a minimum of gear a squid. Makes no difference if they're riding a sport bike, classic, cruiser or flat board scooter.

I'm wondering what line of thought they had when they get on a two wheeled vehicle wearing shorts, tank tops and low shoes/canvas sneakers. :idk:

Jeff

t-homo
08-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Does anyone else notice by reading through here, that each person keeps saying the same thing but worded differently than their last post.

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 12:16 PM

Yea good luck with that one here...

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Does anyone else notice by reading through here, that each person keeps saying the same thing but worded differently than their last post.

Yea you're right,it's a pattern that has developed over time that I need to work harder at breaking. Thanks for pointing that out,T.

Mr Lefty
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
:lol: riding 5-10 over in traffic is still speeding but allows you to move through the traffic quicker and stay a VISIBLE object in traffic.
much different than stunting in traffic...

EXACTLY

Ok but you've said that their "lack of gear" makes us look bad.That's what I'm talking about,not whether or not they ride like assholes on the street. You never even try to understand what I'm saying,you agree that everyone has a right to wear whatever gear they want and then you say you have a right to judge everyone else and call them names. Basically what you are saying is that if you run into a guy in a full track set-up on the road,he gets to call you a "squid" because he's made a "smarter" choice then you have. I guess I don't understand the need here to label other riders because they don't subscribe to your beliefs. Oh and I never said that people on my forum here don't wear gear,I said that they don't run around judging other rider's gear choices. Besides,I know for a fact that some of the other guys on this forum don't always wear a jacket/boots/gloves when they ride. I wish for once they would man up and help me out during these discussions so it doesn't always have to be that "squid" Tigger vs everyone else on the forum on this issue.
There are several people here who've said they don't wear gear all the time... and that's a stupid risky decision IMO... no matter who makes it.

Your right... everyone does have the right to wear what they want... but just like you said... I have the right to make a snap judgment of them... just like every one does about everything. but I think your think'n I'm a bit more prejudice against them than I am... I don't turn up my nose at people that don't wear gear... but I will call them an idiot for making the choice between being a bit cooler and wearing gear. because it's an idiotic choice IMO... but I've got a lot of idiotic friends that don't "subscribe" to my beliefs... that's the fun of life... shit I think the majority of Religion is baseless and useless... I'm not trying to change anyone who believes... but if they ask me I'll tell them.

and what you said of your other forum is it's
On the NC forum,it's almost unanimously agreed that the weather down here calls for riding without jackets,boots or gloves.
again... that's a idiotic decision. but I'm sure you've got some cool people over there and more than a few who could out ride me and several other people on this forum day in and out... doesn't make the choice any less stupid... ya know?

:lol: believe it or not Tigger I don't disagree with everything you say... just most things... you tend to find one point I make and get it twisted...

:iagree: I seriously doubt Ebbs is talking about hitting triple digits thru downtown.:whistle: Tho' I honestly appreciate any help I can get!
:lol: see we agree!

marko138
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Gay.

ceo012384
08-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Gay.
:iagree: this thread went from zero to homo when that new guy started talking shit.

Amber Lamps
08-04-2008, 06:08 AM
:iagree: this thread went from zero to homo when that new guy started talking shit.

I certainly didn't help the situation any that's for sure,oh well plus1plus1plus1 I totally deserve those!:sorry:

fnfalman
08-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Why are you motorcycle guys so full of hate and vitriol?

You people need to get some scooters and discover the lighter side of two-wheel motion.:luvu:

ceo012384
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Why are you motorcycle guys so full of hate and vitriol?

You people need to get some scooters and discover the lighter side of two-wheel motion.:luvu:
When the R6 goes track-only I want something like that... but the scooter just isn't suitable for highway.

I plan to get a black 09 ninja 250 :D

WildKat
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
How does a black textile or leather jacket make you more visible? Heck,a nice bright t-shirt would be better.

Almost all jackets have some type of reflective stripes on them somewhere. I know my JR phoenix jacket has several white strips on it and it's all black/gray except for those and it's pretty visible at night when lights shine on it and such.

Just basically making a point that gear in general makes you more visible than just a white tshirt for example. Although a nice lime green or neon pink Tee wouldn't be so bad either..LOL

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
but the other thing is... if a bright color could guarentee that all drivers will see you... that'd be great! but you cant... and in the case where they DON'T see you... which seems to approach 100% of the time way too often... I'd rather have that black leather riding jacket than that white T-shirt.

rideblue450
08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
:nopicsbs:

no? okay..

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM

actually we can now graft pig skin on you, sweat glands and all... but then you'll have pig skin and the nasty coarse hair that goes with it.

Ride with the SWORD !

lol, sword... kind of phalic.

Gay.

I've got just about 10k posts between here and the old stomping grounds. and, truthfully, we really just talk about the same shit over and over again. The only thing keeping it fun is the jack asses that can overlook the drama bullshit and realize a good opportunity to make fun of somebody.

:diitb:

Rider
08-15-2008, 08:46 AM
The only thing keeping it fun is the jack asses that can overlook the drama bullshit and realize a good opportunity to make fun of somebody.

Werd!! Thats all I do is make fun of people... it's all in good fun though. If I'm not busting on you from time to time its because I don't like you plain and simple.