PDA

View Full Version : Bugs!!

Sixxxxer
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Now I know I'm not the only one...But I really really REALLY hate any flying insect ever made...But this Thread specifically goes out to Lightning Bugs...I swear I hit a patch of those Fuckers and my visor looked like a goddamn radioactive warzone. The Glowing Shit didnt stop for like 2 miles either and theres no use wiping them off it would only make it worse

/Rant.

My Jacket looks like a warzone to... :zowned:

Carolina
07-28-2008, 07:44 PM
yup bugs are baddddd

Sixxxxer
07-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Not Only Bugs but on my way to work (I have to go in at 5am which mean I wake up at 4) I have hit two Bats...But Luckily I was in the Cage when this happened...But I swear I thought I was going to Die...Both times I was half asleep and it slammed off my windsheild...Blind Fucks.

Smittie61984
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I wear yellow glasses with an open visor lots of times. I've had bugs smack me below the glasses on my face and damn does it scare the hell out of me. I couldn't imagine riding without some kind of eye protection because I've had them smack me in the eye before. Luckily glasses where on. I won't ride without glasses anymore.

t-homo
07-28-2008, 08:28 PM
The worst are the fuckin june bugs. They are huge and sting when they hit you at 70 mph.

Sixxxxer
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I got smacked with a Ciggerette Butt Before in the corner of my eye...Damn Near punched the driver in the face when I pulled up to the light...I had to pull over because it was tearing up on me bad and I couldnt see.

papapoi
07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
i csuight a yellow jacket in the inner thigh as i was leaving for work about the time went to grip my tank i felt a sharp sting it hurt like a mutha.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
had a honey bee go into the neck of my leathers earlier this year. stung me on the shoulder in heavy city traffic where i couldnt pull over... The little guy then proceded to bite the shit out of my shoulder, i thought i was getting stung by a wasp. I was freaking out, and wanted to do the "OMG THERES A HUGE BUG ON ME" dance so bad... I was sweating like a china man during a driving test.

Got to a gas station , did a little dance getting my leathers off, and sure enough a bee drops out of my sleve. i was glad to see it was only a honey bee and not a wasp...

I kept the little fuck, and still have it in a bag in my night stand.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7927/attid01bb2eceavs4.jpg

i love smakin the big bugs on the highway on my face shield. KA PLOW.

marko138
07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Fuck em. I don't mind lightning bugs tho.

Gixxer1k
07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I dont know what part of this thread I wanna quote the most, the radio active war zone or the omg thers a bug on me dance....

Thanks for the laugh fuckers.

WildKat
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Not Only Bugs but on my way to work (I have to go in at 5am which mean I wake up at 4) I have hit two Bats...But Luckily I was in the Cage when this happened...But I swear I thought I was going to Die...Both times I was half asleep and it slammed off my windsheild...Blind Fucks.

Now that would scare the shit outta me..LOL.

My only claim to fame is having a chicken fly off and open crate in one of those livestock trucks and smack me square in the chest; that shit hurt going about 55 mph on the highway at the time and I couldn't pass him with the traffic. :rant:

I know what you mean though about the bugs; fortunately where I ride to work it's not bad with insects but when I go out into the country for a night ride it's like they zero in on you like like they've got a death wish. God forbid if you have to put your visor up to let in some cool air and you get bombarded with the bastards!

Dave
07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
bugs? shit. my boy hit a duck while trying out my bike and damn near dumped her. friggin ducks!

dReWpY
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
fucking birds, damn turkey vultures...

t-homo
07-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Had a friend who was driving his suburban one time and hit a turkey with the windshield. He was going 70 down the highway.

And OSP, before you throw up the goose decoy picture, we are talking about live animals, at least till you hit them.

Mr Lefty
07-29-2008, 02:07 AM
fucking birds, damn turkey vultures...

osp and his decoys... :lol:

Cutty72
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
I wear yellow glasses with an open visor lots of times. I've had bugs smack me below the glasses on my face and damn does it scare the hell out of me. I couldn't imagine riding without some kind of eye protection because I've had them smack me in the eye before. Luckily glasses where on. I won't ride without glasses anymore.

Why don't you just close the visor?? :idk:

It does suck when you've hit enough bugs that you HAVE to open your visor because you can't see out of it anymore. :panic:

neebelung
07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Dragonflies (the huge, teradactyl sized ones we have here) FTMFL. :panic: It's like getting pelted with a huge rock!

And love bug season sucks ass. Come September, it's still hot as hell, and muggy, and then the lovebugs come out. You've literally got to stop every 30-40 miles or so to clean off your visor, cus they're so thick, you can't see!! But even worse than that is that they STINK!!! Oh holy hell, the stench of squashed love bugs is NASTY!!

I believe I hit a bat once (or it hit me) in the shoulder. I saw it coming, and I felt the pain, and I SWORE when we stopped I'd have a huge bloody mark (from the bat, not me) on my (white) jacket, but I didn't. Maybe it lived? :shrug:

Katherine
07-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Last Sunday ride, I had to pull over because I saw a teeny little spider walk across my face shield then attempted to go inside my ear. When I pressed my helmet against my ear, the little booger bit me.

p.s.
NTS, is there footage of said dance. If not, would you please recreate the dance for all those present?

Rider
07-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Bugs don't bother me. Honda polish removes them from helmet/shield and bike real easy. The jacket(textile) just goes in the washing machine.

neebelung
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Bugs don't bother me. Honda polish removes them from helmet/shield and bike real easy. The jacket(textile) just goes in the washing machine.

Honda polish also helps keep them from sticking as BADLY (but not completely) if you give it a good coating before the ride.

Still, there are times of year it's just so gross!!!!! :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
07-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Last Sunday ride, I had to pull over because I saw a teeny little spider walk across my face shield then attempted to go inside my ear. When I pressed my helmet against my ear, the little booger bit me.

p.s.
NTS, is there footage of said dance. If not, would you please recreate the dance for all those present?

gladly. but you all must know of which dance i'm refering tooo... the limp wristed jump up and down smaking yourself all over...

a good example is in me myself and irene, when theres a spider on his shoulder.

the chi
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
mental image...

Bugs in general dont bother me much...ok, wait, there was the one spider, thanks NtS for saving my life that day by the dam...:lol:

And the bee that decided to smack my chest the one day I had the jacket unzipped, and TheStig almost got flashed when I tried to find the lil bitch...

They always aim for the center of my face shield, you know, the types of smears that make you go crosseyed cuz they're right in that zone...i've hit some bugs big enough to snap my head back...but thankfully havent hit a bird or bat yet...

Dave
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM
rachael? thats a new one :lol:

had my vizor open last night whilst zipping home on some backroads and kept closing it cause i was catching gnats in the corners of both eyes

Sixxxxer
07-29-2008, 05:26 PM
The Bats Scared the ever living piss out of me...So Far on the Bike I just have the Lightning Bug experience...I get your typical bugs every night ride I go on and My jacket def has/had blood spray from mosquitoes and what not.

My Biggest Fear is a Deer

:eek::eek:

ybslow
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Rae do you remember the bug that hit you while we were riding back on 98 that you were all over the road.... It stung for days...LOL:lol

the chi
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey Rae do you remember the bug that hit you while we were riding back on 98 that you were all over the road.... It stung for days...LOL:lol

ohhhhh yeeeahhhh, the prehistoric fuckin dragonfly that covered my face?! and me onehandedly trying to steer and beat it out of my helmet, Yeah i remember that, the damn thing hit me in the eye, i almost died, and you couldnt figure out what was going on...:lol: I learned to keep my visor shut after that one...the , aw, its so hot out here, surely a lil air cant hurt thought...

Dave
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
and now you're back! such fun mods must have :P

i was just thinking about this bee i caught in the face on the md trip. luckily he hit me with his back and bounced onto the the chin of the helmet so my allergic ass didnt get stung. crawled right out and took off!

Mr Lefty
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
i've got a bee down the neck of my leathers... I just slap and squish it in to me... it may sting me once... but that fucker's gonna die! :lol:

Dave
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
no, rae was also rachael today but it was spelled correctly with the "a"

i pay attention to things like post counts and bike lists to figure out who people are on this motherfucker lol

Mr Lefty
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
:lol: yeah I asked trip to change her name... so while I was sleeping she had him change my name... but I WIN :lol:

Dave
07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
ahhh gotcha lol

Cutty72
07-29-2008, 08:33 PM
i've got a bee down the neck of my leathers... I just slap and squish it in to me... it may sting me once... but that fucker's gonna die! :lol:

uh, "rachel" bees die after they sting you anyway... just an FYI.

Mr Lefty
07-30-2008, 12:10 AM

no... not all... yellow jackets don't... honey bees do... wasps don't either... :dthumb:

the chi
07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
and actually, that extra "a" is spelling it wrong...cant beleive he already gave ya your name back...u gonna change ur pic now?

and I'll never admit defeat!

Dave
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
and actually, that extra "a" is spelling it wrong...cant beleive he already gave ya your name back...u gonna change ur pic now?

and I'll never admit defeat!

BS! girl i used to be all hung up over had it spelled like that :dthumb:

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 01:07 AM

no... not all... yellow jackets don't... honey bees do... wasps don't either... :dthumb:

Thank you for making my point.

Mr Lefty
07-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Thank you for making my point.

hey... a yellow jacket is a type of bee... jack ass

Dave
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
hey... a yellow jacket is a type of bee... jack ass

you're calling him a democrat?

i keed i keed :whistle:

the chi
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
BS! girl i used to be all hung up over had it spelled like that :dthumb:

Uh HELLO, I think I know how my given name is spelled...try again...

can it be spelled with the extra "a"? Yes, is mine, which was what happened to Ebbs as payback? NO! Also, check the bible, Rachel is the biblical spelling as well...the extra "a" was thrown in by people who either couldnt spell or wanted to be "different". If it was sposed to have an extra "a", it would be pronounced "Ray-cha-el"

FYI, I hate my name, which is why I go by Rae...but still something you probably shouldnt try to correct me on, regardless of how hung up on some other chick who happened to have hers spelled differently...

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
settle down small fry, it'll be ok.

the chi
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
settle down small fry, it'll be ok.

I just dont appreciate people calling BS when it comes to my own damn name...as I am sure you can appreciate the ridiculous aspect of telling someone their name is spelled wrong just cuz you liked someone who spelled it differently...

is it petty, yes. Do i give a shit? No.

Dave
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Uh HELLO, I think I know how my given name is spelled...try again...

can it be spelled with the extra "a"? Yes, is mine, which was what happened to Ebbs as payback? NO! Also, check the bible, Rachel is the biblical spelling as well...the extra "a" was thrown in by people who either couldnt spell or wanted to be "different". If it was sposed to have an extra "a", it would be pronounced "Ray-cha-el"

FYI, I hate my name, which is why I go by Rae...but still something you probably shouldnt try to correct me on, regardless of how hung up on some other chick who happened to have hers spelled differently...

wow, well you did warn me that you were fiesty! first off, i never knew that your given was rachel. so i was never trying to correct you, simply to point out that there were other spellings out there, which if you take my misunderstanding into account and read your previous post it sounds like you were saying that they should all be spelled the same. anyway second daughter of laban, my bad! how bout this: if i ever meet you i'll buy you a beer to make up for it!

marko138
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure what is going on here.

the chi
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
wow, well you did warn me that you were fiesty! first off, i never knew that your given was rachel. so i was never trying to correct you, simply to point out that there were other spellings out there, which if you take my misunderstanding into account and read your previous post it sounds like you were saying that they should all be spelled the same. anyway second daughter of laban, my bad! how bout this: if i ever meet you i'll buy you a beer to make up for it!

:lol: Yes I am feisty. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm crabby this morning. People are pushin my buttons and you walked right into my line of fire. So my bad for being crabby. I hate my name, but its still my name and I am a spelling nazi.

Hmm, no beer, we'll find something else. Hows that? :dthumb:

Marko, dont worry about it. I chewed someone up, spit them out, and now we making pretty.

marko138
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Rae is firing the ray gun. LOOKOUT!

:overkill:

Dave
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
hey works for me!

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
at least he didn't spell it Raychel :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
ugh i've got such a hang over... I made out with a semi pro lesbian soft ball player last night. Boo ya. not sure if she was a lesbian, but i just assumed, considering the rest of the team was.

Dave
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
me too, well not the lesbians part but more the hangover one

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
sucks.... it took me 3 hours to get out of bed. and now im stuck in the reclining position in my computer chair

i know i should get in the shower, but chair is my friend.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
sucks.... it took me 3 hours to get out of bed. and now im stuck in the reclining position in my computer chair

i know i should get in the shower, but chair is my friend.

Take the chair with you.

and how do you become a semi pro lesbian?

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Take the chair with you.

and how do you become a semi pro lesbian?

you get good at it, but not THAT good.

btw, you are brilliant. commencing wheeling to the bathroom.

t-homo
07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I stayed up till 8 this morning watching Weeds. We started season 1 last night around 11, and almost made it through season 2. He had to go to class and I fell asleep.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I stayed up till 8 this morning watching Weeds. We started season 1 last night around 11, and almost made it through season 2. He had to go to class and I fell asleep.

fell asleep watching weeds? or fell asleep going to/in class?

you get good at it, but not THAT good.

btw, you are brilliant. commencing wheeling to the bathroom.

and yes, I know...

experience helps a great deal...

Dave
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM

psst check out burn notice :dthumb:

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
psst check out burn notice :dthumb:

That's pretty good too. Though I was pissed that they had the same episode on like 4 times in a row the other day.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 04:13 PM
well, just checked, and yep...

still hungover.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
well, just checked, and yep...

still hungover.

Shower work for ya at least?

Smittie61984
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Why don't you just close the visor?? :idk:

95-100 degree weather with 80-90% humidity and heavy suburban traffic. It gets hot as hell and found putting glasses on and letting all the wind hit your face keeps you much cooler.

Also at night time (When ALL the bugs come out) the visor is tinted and hard to see out of. But Yellow Glasses makes nighttime riding so much nicer.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Shower work for ya at least?

all a shower did was wash the filth off of me, my head and mouth still feel like a dumpster behind taco bell on a 100 degree day.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
95-100 degree weather with 80-90% humidity and heavy suburban traffic. It gets hot as hell and found putting glasses on and letting all the wind hit your face keeps you much cooler.

Also at night time (When ALL the bugs come out) the visor is tinted and hard to see out of. But Yellow Glasses makes nighttime riding so much nicer.

That's why I have a clear visor for night riding.

Smittie61984
07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
That's why I have a clear visor for night riding.

I'm also guessing it's not 80-90 degrees at night in North Dakota.

Here in the south Visor Up is the way to go. And it doesn't take but a second to put glasses on. I just like riding with glasss and now I won't ride without them.

Only time I throw the visor down is when I hit the interstates.

'73 H1 Triple
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
bugs? shit. my boy hit a duck while trying out my bike and damn near dumped her. friggin ducks!

My first kill with the ZR1100 was a bird which hit my armored jacket.

Had a friend who was driving his suburban one time and hit a turkey with the windshield. He was going 70 down the highway.

And OSP, before you throw up the goose decoy picture, we are talking about live animals, at least till you hit them.

One of the guys on the Triple Forum hit a turkey buzzard with his pick up. here's the pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/funnies/WTF/DSCF0023.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/funnies/WTF/DSCF0025-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/funnies/WTF/DeadBuzzard.jpg

mental image...

Bugs in general dont bother me much...ok, wait, there was the one spider, thanks NtS for saving my life that day by the dam...:lol:

And the bee that decided to smack my chest the one day I had the jacket unzipped, and TheStig almost got flashed when I tried to find the lil bitch...

They always aim for the center of my face shield, you know, the types of smears that make you go crosseyed cuz they're right in that zone...i've hit some bugs big enough to snap my head back...but thankfully havent hit a bird or bat yet...

Back in the early 80s ( when I was stupid ) I was riding wearing a tank top. I was doing about 70 when I hit a wasp. Right in the nipple. To say that hurt would be an underestimate. I locked up front and back brakes so I could pull the stinger out.

That hurt for weeks. Even if I turned on my chest while I was sleeping, it would wake me up.

Jeff

Dave
07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
daaaaaaamn

WildKat
07-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Well atleast he got dinner out of the deal right? LOL

MikeSP1
07-30-2008, 11:36 PM
mental image...

I love you to death Rae, but it wasn't Steve. If you'll remember correctly, it was I who got the little guy. From the backseat, with the one handed smashing grip o'death.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I love you to death Rae, but it wasn't Steve. If you'll remember correctly, it was I who got the little guy. From the backseat, with the one handed smashing grip o'death.

ya i couldnt recall what she was talking about...

i was perfectly happy taking credit for it though

the chi
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM

i stand corrected, it was steve hysterically laughing and pointing at me then...

Dave
07-30-2008, 11:40 PM
sounds more like the nts we know and love

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
sounds more like the nts we know and love

stole the words out of my mouth.

Cutty72
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm also guessing it's not 80-90 degrees at night in North Dakota.

Here in the south Visor Up is the way to go. And it doesn't take but a second to put glasses on. I just like riding with glasss and now I won't ride without them.

Only time I throw the visor down is when I hit the interstates.

Some nights, not too often though.
I just don't like the feeling to glasses in my helmet, which is why I have a dark smoke shield.

the chi
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
all i remember is stopping to take my picture of the dam, and the itsy bitsy spider dropping in for a visit. I turned girl, went crazy and started squealing. Someone killed it, everyone else laughed like crazy.

MikeSP1
07-30-2008, 11:48 PM
i stand corrected, it was steve hysterically laughing and pointing at me then...

You are correct, that, my dear, would have been Steve (and most likely trip as well).

all i remember is stopping to take my picture of the dam, and the itsy bitsy spider dropping in for a visit. I turned girl, went crazy and started squealing. Someone killed it, everyone else laughed like crazy.

I sometimes feel so small that even when I do great things:zowned:, noone remembers it.

the chi
07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I sometimes feel so small that even when I do great things:zowned:, noone remembers it.

Aw, dont feel like that...i was so hysterically squealing and flailing my arms, id have been lucky not to have wrecked the truck if it was moving!

and everyone remembers you saving my life...in the friggin river...

NONE_too_SOFT
07-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Aw, dont feel like that...i was so hysterically squealing and flailing my arms, id have been lucky not to have wrecked the truck if it was moving!

mike was there?

MikeSP1
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM

All of a sudden you're screaming bloody murder, it wasn't funny until after I got the spider, then it was hilarious.

And the river, like you said, it was pretty damn dumb of me, but I'd gladly do it again in a heartbeat.

mike was there?

F*** you're COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
All of a sudden you're screaming bloody murder, it wasn't funny until after I got the spider, then it was hilarious.

And the river, like you said, it was pretty damn dumb of me, but I'd gladly do it again in a heartbeat.

F*** you're COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who are you again?

MikeSP1
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
who are you again?

Thats the NtS that we all know and love :)

comonboys
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
had a honey bee go into the neck of my leathers earlier this year. stung me on the shoulder in heavy city traffic where i couldnt pull over... The little guy then proceded to bite the shit out of my shoulder, i thought i was getting stung by a wasp. I was freaking out, and wanted to do the "OMG THERES A HUGE BUG ON ME" dance so bad... I was sweating like a china man during a driving test.

Got to a gas station , did a little dance getting my leathers off, and sure enough a bee drops out of my sleve. i was glad to see it was only a honey bee and not a wasp...

I kept the little fuck, and still have it in a bag in my night stand.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7927/attid01bb2eceavs4.jpg

that would be freaky, I am slightly allergic to them. So yeah, move over people and don't drive over me when I become unconscious.... That would suck.

i love smakin the big bugs on the highway on my face shield. KA PLOW.

:panic:

NONE_too_SOFT
07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Thats the NtS that we all know and love :)

yea, i get so much love around here.

Smittie61984
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Some nights, not too often though.
I just don't like the feeling to glasses in my helmet, which is why I have a dark smoke shield.

Last night it was 82 degrees (Thanks to our normal afternoon showers cooling the place down) and damn did it feel good. Which I hated glasses at first but now I feel naked without them. You just have to get use to it and find some that have plastic to the end and won't fold when you stick the in. Also if you put an MP3 player in with clips those help hold the MP3 player perfect. It's heaven.

fnfalman
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I like hitting those big ass bugs that snap my helmet back with a loud, resounding "THWACK!"

Cutty72
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Last night it was 82 degrees (Thanks to our normal afternoon showers cooling the place down) and damn did it feel good. Which I hated glasses at first but now I feel naked without them. You just have to get use to it and find some that have plastic to the end and won't fold when you stick the in. Also if you put an MP3 player in with clips those help hold the MP3 player perfect. It's heaven.

:idk: it's in the 80's and 90's here in UT, and i ride with my visor closed except at stop lights.

and my headphones go in my ear, no clip.

Dave
08-05-2008, 11:27 PM
i push my buds back out of my ears after i get my lid on. lets me hear music and whats going on around me

'73 H1 Triple
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I like hitting those big ass bugs that snap my helmet back with a loud, resounding "THWACK!"

A small bird hit my helmet on the way home from work. I was only doing about 35 but boy was that LOUD. Messed up the decals a little bit too.

Jeff