PDA

View Full Version : This CL guy's a fucking idiot... and I'm pretty sure...

OneSickPsycho
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
he thinks I'm a moron too...

I need a new bumper cover and fender for my truck... Trip to OH in September, I was incredibly tired and not paying attention... pulled out of a parking spot, cut the wheel, and caught one of those 3ft concrete filled bright yellow poles... hit right in front of my tire denting the fender and tearing the bumper half off... Found a bumper on CL and emailed the guy...

On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:23 PM, OSP wrote:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Do you have pictures of what needs work?
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/pts/2685609885.html

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:57 PM
To: OSP
Subject: Re: Honda Ridgeline Front Bumper (Black) 2007 - $125 (Palm Harbor)

I will try to take a picture tonight. I dont think it really needs much. Are you in the Tampa area?

On Dec 7, 2011, at 1:27 PM, OSP wrote:
No, I’m in Orlando… can you describe the damage?

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:35 PM

If I remember right it was just bumped into slightly in a parking lot when my truck was just a few months old. Someone was backing out of a parking spot and bumped into it while parked. I think the dealership said they could heat and Reshape the small area easily but just put a new bumper on instead. It may need a paint or at least a good buff if your truck is also black. Did you get hit? :-(. How much is a new one out of curiosity?

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:38 PM

Oh and the bumper wasn't torn or anything. It was just a small dent in the fiberglass which I think can be repaired easily.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2011, at 1:48 PM, OSP wrote:
Yeah, I got hit by a pole backing out of a parking spot… tore the corner of the bumper off, tearing the tabs.

Unfortunately, my truck isn’t black so it’ll need to be painted anyway.

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:57 PM

Well let me know if you are semi seriously interested and I will try to get it out tonight and take a look at it. I'm pretty sure the tabs are fine and everything. I'm not really sure why I kept it lol. I guess in case I ever had another issue like yours. I think I'd prefer not to ship, though. Do you ever make it out this way? Now that I just re-read your last response. I'm wondering...are you sure it's a front bumper you need? You say you were backing out.

On Dec 7, 2011, at 2:13 PM, OSP wrote:
I am absolutely serious… I don’t mind making the trip this weekend if you’re in a hurry, otherwise I’ll be heading through Tampa on my way to SW FL for Christmas and could pick it up then. It is the front bumper, I turned as I was backing up and the pole caught the front fender, denting it, and pulling off the front bumper cover at the same time.

OneSickPsycho
12-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I feel like I'm being interviewed for a fucking dating show or something... Jesus christ... ad says 'needs work'... Just tell me what the fuck needs work and send me some fucking pictures asshole!!!

marko138
12-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I hit one of those fucking things leaving my parking garage one day. Still pissed about it.

Sixxxxer
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I backed into one with my truck...Dented the Rear bumper slightly...Pissed me off.

But that guy is an idiot.

OneSickPsycho
12-07-2011, 03:16 PM
and now this motherfucker wants to chit-chat on the phone? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that....

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 2:55 PM

Let me get it out tonight. Look it over and take some pictures. Leave me your phone number if you would like an I'll call you. What year is your Ridgeline? This weekend would work best for me if at all possible.

On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:12 PM, OSP wrote:

Email the pictures and we can set up a time to get together this weekend.

Thanks

Tmall
12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
You're buying used, you have to deal with people. I don't see the problem at all.

OneSickPsycho
12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
You're buying used, you have to deal with people. I don't see the problem at all.

I suppose you love dealing with stupid motherfuckers... it's the highlight of your day, right?

azoomm
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
I bet you're dealing with a chick...

Particle Man
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I bet you're dealing with a chick...

:lol: I was thinking the same thing

Tmall
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I suppose you love dealing with stupid motherfuckers... it's the highlight of your day, right?

I bet you like bitching and complaining. It's the highlight of your life right?

What else could you post on here if somebody else wasn't an idiot? You should be thankful.

Then again, you could just stop replying. Too easy? Thought so..

Rangerscott
12-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Id send pics of brett farves weiner.

Particle Man
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Id send pics of brett farves weiner.

Er, Why do you have pics of Brett Fare's weiner?

OneSickPsycho
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I bet you like bitching and complaining. It's the highlight of your life right?

What else could you post on here if somebody else wasn't an idiot? You should be thankful.

Then again, you could just stop replying. Too easy? Thought so..

Looks like someone needs their tampon changed...

Yeah, I could stop replying you dumb motherfucker, but I need that bumper...

Anywho... So begrudgingly I send this guy my number... 10 minutes later, I get 13.... literally 13 emails, with a total of three TERRIBLE pictures... none of which show the damage or if the mounting tabs were intact...

About a half hour later, I missed his call... he left me a 2 min voicemail... saying absolutely nothing... I mean, there were words and whatnot, but he basically repeated himself about sending pictures and asking me to call him back (never leaving his number)...

I call him right back... straight to voicemail.

I missed another one of his calls about an hour later... didn't even listen to the VM, called him back... straight to voicemail.

Got another email 15 minutes later... with one of the previous 3 pictures... stating that any time this weekend was ok with him... So I'm planning on Saturday morning.

shmike
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Looks like someone needs their tampon changed...

Yeah, I could stop replying you dumb motherfucker, but I need that bumper...

Anywho... So begrudgingly I send this guy my number... 10 minutes later, I get 13.... literally 13 emails, with a total of three TERRIBLE pictures... none of which show the damage or if the mounting tabs were intact...

About a half hour later, I missed his call... he left me a 2 min voicemail... saying absolutely nothing... I mean, there were words and whatnot, but he basically repeated himself about sending pictures and asking me to call him back (never leaving his number)...

I call him right back... straight to voicemail.

I missed another one of his calls about an hour later... didn't even listen to the VM, called him back... straight to voicemail.

Got another email 15 minutes later... with one of the previous 3 pictures... stating that any time this weekend was ok with him... So I'm planning on Saturday morning.

This better be one hell of a deal you are chasing!

OneSickPsycho
12-08-2011, 11:01 AM
This better be one hell of a deal you are chasing!

It's the ONLY used bumper I have been able to find in the state of FL... Seriously... emailed EVERY used parts place and have been religious about looking on CL... Beats paying 2.5x as much for something I'm going to have to paint anyway...

Tmall
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
You backed into a pole causing you this hassle and money, and I'm the dumb motherfucker?? :lol

wildchild
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
well of course the guy thinks you're a moron, who the hell can't drive a little Ridgeline around a pole....LOL LOL LOL

seriously I have dealt with a couple folks here on CL where I just gave up. it wasn't something I needed though. I have found people feel as though if they can get you into a dragged out conversation you will either feel sorry for them and give cash or just get tired of listening and pay money dto escape.

Best of luck getting it picked up but sounds like it coule be a painful experience.

OneSickPsycho
12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I got it... guy had a bill of sale complete with his VIN number and a paragraph regarding the fact that he will not warranty parts or labor... I mean, I picked up a used fucking bumper from his god damn garage... Really pal?

Oh well, even though I spent half of the day driving and whatnot, still figured I saved at least $100...

Captain Morgan
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Post pics of the bumper. :lol:

wildchild
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
OSP - glad it worked out for you. either the guy has really been screwed before or he is really anal about CYA. LOL

Rangerscott
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Anal? So thats how you get deals on CG.

Particle Man
12-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Post pics of the bumper. :lol:

:lol:

fasternyou929
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Anal? So thats how you get deals on CG.

If that's not a win-win for you, I don't know what is.

Rangerscott
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
If that's not a win-win for you, I don't know what is.

The last gal didnt mind and it was a surprise attack too!

shmike
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
All that hassle and driving for $100?

No thanks.

Rangerscott
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
All that hassle and driving for $100?

No thanks.

The anal was free though.