PDA

View Full Version : 4th rider gone in Pensacola since June.

Shift
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
:panic:

I feel bad the squid died and his gf probly is going to as well but if you look at some of the comments this is the kinda thing that makes cagers hate us and think ALL of us as riders ride like squids.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/NEWS01/807310326

Dave
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
hate to say it but it sounds like it was dudes fault.

Katherine
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
It's too late to lecture him now. This sucks. I hate to hear of any rider getting seriously injured much less fatally wounded. Rest in peace.

fnfalman
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
This just to show that older doesn't equate to being wiser.

ybslow
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I realize that driver of vehicles dont see motorcycles and sometimes they are the blame in most accidents, but we riders should take the necessary precuations to protect ourselves. Its sad when a fellow rider is killed in a accident. May he rest in peace.

This just to show that older doesn't equate to being wiser.

Mr Lefty
07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
dunno what's worse... the guy riding like an idiot... or the ignorant comments under the article...

sucks for the passanger... and hopefully she pulls through... as for the guy... well... it was his fault... unfortunatly a mistake he can't learn from. and I doubt anyone really will

FT BSTRD
07-31-2008, 06:05 PM
The riders who believe that EVERY single bike vs. car accident is the "cage's" fault are rediculous.

When you ride "excessively" with a passenger without a helmet and you hit a car from behind, it's pretty much your fault.

Call a spade a spade. One of ours rode like a knob and offed himself. Sucks for the family he left behind and the passeneger and her family.

PT996S
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
The riders who believe that EVERY single bike vs. car accident is the "cage's" fault are rediculous.

When you ride "excessively" with a passenger without a helmet and you hit a car from behind, it's pretty much your fault.

Call a spade a spade. One of ours rode like a knob and offed himself. Sucks for the family he left behind and the passeneger and her family.

AMEN!

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM

exactly!:dthumb:

Dave
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
dunno what's worse... the guy riding like an idiot... or the ignorant comments under the article...

sucks for the passanger... and hopefully she pulls through... as for the guy... well... it was his fault... unfortunatly a mistake he can't learn from. and I doubt anyone really will

i realise this is my deep seated misanthropy talking here but a pretty strong percentage of the human race IS ignorant.

Mr Lefty
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
very true...

Amber Lamps
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Ya gotta love the comments tho'. I mean really. What interests me is that out of the four deaths only one guy was under 30 and his accident wasn't his fault. I speed all the time so I'm not gonna point fingers or call names on this guy. Besides,you can call this dead guy a "knob" or whatever but when you get killed on the Dragon,what will be said of you? Karma is a bitch!

FT BSTRD
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Ya gotta love the comments tho'. I mean really. What interests me is that out of the four deaths only one guy was under 30 and his accident wasn't his fault. I speed all the time so I'm not gonna point fingers or call names on this guy. Besides,you can call this dead guy a "knob" or whatever but when you get killed on the Dragon,what will be said of you? Karma is a bitch!

What sucks is that he injured or killed his passenger. If he rides to the limit and kills himself, it was his choice. He takes his life into his own hands. Treating your passenger with such disdain is sad.

We all ride like "knobs" from time to time. I did yesterday. I'll do it tomorrow. If I buy the farm riding triple digits into the back of a truck, I'd suspect that even my friends would say I was riding like a knob.

My issue is the blind eye other riders turn toward our own behavior. If a bike and a car are involved in an incident, it MUST be the car's fault. The rider COULDN'T be at fault. There are times, many times, when a car driver caused the incident (pulling over into your lane, turning left in front of a rider, etc.). In this instance, it was a stopped car struck in the rear.

Not being judgemental. Just pointing out some inequities in the comments to the article (like many that appear below similar articles every day).

Amber Lamps
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
What sucks is that he injured or killed his passenger. If he rides to the limit and kills himself, it was his choice. He takes his life into his own hands. Treating your passenger with such disdain is sad.

We all ride like "knobs" from time to time. I did yesterday. I'll do it tomorrow. If I buy the farm riding triple digits into the back of a truck, I'd suspect that even my friends would say I was riding like a knob.

My issue is the blind eye other riders turn toward our own behavior. If a bike and a car are involved in an incident, it MUST be the car's fault. The rider COULDN'T be at fault. There are times, many times, when a car driver caused the incident (pulling over into your lane, turning left in front of a rider, etc.). In this instance, it was a stopped car struck in the rear.

Not being judgemental. Just pointing out some inequities in the comments to the article (like many that appear below similar articles every day).

Oh sure it's too bad for the passenger but heck she may have been convincing him to go faster. I do agree that when I have a passenger,I tend to go slower and be more careful. Which is why I rarely ride anyone! Also,we don't know that the truck didn't pull into their lane. For the record I try not to automatically blame the car driver for these accidents. Quite frankly,a motorcyclist should know that cagers are basically morons and/or not paying attention and should never trust or rely on them to do anything.