PDA

View Full Version : Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

RACER X
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
(01-04) 08:40 PST Brownsville, Texas (AP) --

Police shot and killed an armed eighth-grader in his South Texas middle school hallway on Wednesday.

Brownsville police Detective J.J. Trevino said police received a call at about 8 a.m. that there was someone with a weapon at Cummings Middle School. Police found the 15-year-old student with a handgun in a hallway and shot him, Trevino said.

Cameron County Justice of the Peace Kip V. Johnson Hodge told The Brownsville Herald the student died.

Trevino said the school was immediately placed on lockdown, and that no one else was injured.

A school administrator apparently noticed the student carrying the gun and called Brownsville and school district police, Trevino said. He said investigators hadn't determined whether the student fired any shots, and he said he had no information on why the student might have had the gun on him.

"It's still under investigation, as far as how he came about to bringing the weapon or if he encountered anybody or anything else," Trevino said.

A school district spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to phone messages from The Associated Press, and calls to the school rang unanswered.

Brownsville is 280 miles south of San Antonio on the southern tip of Texas.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/01/04/national/a073359S98.DTL#ixzz1iVqzvGl5

pauldun170
01-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Was bullying\Illegal Immigrants\black people\gay people\ involved or did somebody get capped for 2nd amendment trolling the school?

I have a cheat sheet of canned responses for school shootings.
Cant respond without more info

Trip
01-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I will go with bullied for 200, Alec

fasternyou929
01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
(01-04) 08:40 PST Brownsville, Texas (AP) --

Police shot and killed an armed eighth-grader in his South Texas middle school hallway on Wednesday.
Your highlighting is... interesting. I probably would have highlighted ARMED too, since without that word there would be no news story.

I feel bad for the police involved... talk about a lose-lose situation. Let the kid shoot first and catch the wrath of the country for allowing more unarmed children be killed on school property.

Shoot first and risk having killed an ARMED kid on SCHOOL property that MIGHT not have killed anyone, then have to deal with a moronic fucktard trying to make them the bad guy.

Tough choice.

Trip
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
This was totally bad ass

http://gma.yahoo.com/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder-911-operators-okay-091106413.html

askmrjesus
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I have a cheat sheet of canned responses for school shootings.
Cant respond without more info

I only have one:

If all eighth graders were allowed to carry guns, this would not have been a problem.

JC

fasternyou929
01-04-2012, 01:29 PM
This was totally bad ass

http://gma.yahoo.com/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder-911-operators-okay-091106413.html

Good grief, 18 and her husband died of cancer on Christmas day this year? I can't imagine...

Good on her for taking control of the situation on NYE, I'd imagine it would have been easy to be overwhelmed by it all considering what she went through just a week prior.

pauldun170
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I only have one:

If all eighth graders were allowed to carry guns, this would not have been a problem.

JC

Do you have one specifically for eighth grade or is it a template that you are using?

I have this one for those days I get really busy and I need to have my pet migrant\illegal worker hang out on forums for me to get my post count up.

If all ________ were allowed to __________, this would not have been a problem.

Trip
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
If all pauldun170s were allowed to post in templates, this would not have been a problem.

Papa_Complex
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Do you have one specifically for eighth grade or is it a template that you are using?

I have this one for those days I get really busy and I need to have my pet migrant\illegal worker hang out on forums for me to get my post count up.

MS Word mail merge function makes for great template responses. Fill in name noun, weapon noun, click, copy-paste, done.

askmrjesus
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Don't need a template.

Eighth graders with guns can solve 99% of the world's problems.

The remaining 1% of problems can be solved with bacon.

JC

KSGregman
01-04-2012, 04:06 PM
This is America....EVERYONE deserves a gun....even 8th graders!!

He was probably on his way to a "well regulated militia" practice when he was shot down.

Tragic.

/sarcasm

Homeslice
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
So wait, 15 and still in 8th grade? lulz.......there's Brownsville for you

Cass
01-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Don't need a template.

Eighth graders with guns can solve 99% of the world's problems.

The remaining 1% of problems can be solved with bacon.

JC

:lmao:

Yes. this. absolutely.

Rangerscott
01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Shoot first, shoot some more, head shot, then ask a question or two.

Porkchop
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM

My first thought... :lol:

Mikey
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM

No shit. When I graduated high school I was 17. This "kid" was clearly not a high-achiever, and was definitely old enough to know that he was wrong.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is no great loss to society.

Rangerscott
01-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Some parents hold back their children before starting school. I would have graduated at 17 if my parents didn't hold me back a year.

I bet he was high on pixy sticks.

Homeslice
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
turns out it was an airsoft gun

Rangerscott
01-04-2012, 09:51 PM

Nice.

Closes I could find.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/killed-your-family-bro-fist-1296360497F.jpg

Hell my avatar could work with this.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/004/Graph/cop.jpg

Trip
01-04-2012, 10:16 PM

yeah and he punched some kid in the face and started brandishing it and then pointed at the cops and would not lower it before they shot him.

Suicide by police.

Gas Man
01-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the 18year old girl's man looked 40? And I like that girl, she's soon what was right. Glad she was armed.

Papa_Complex
01-05-2012, 06:33 AM
yeah and he punched some kid in the face and started brandishing it and then pointed at the cops and would not lower it before they shot him.

Suicide by police.

Yup, but it's still going to cause a shitstorm.

Trip
01-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the 18year old girl's man looked 40? And I like that girl, she's soon what was right. Glad she was armed.

He may be older than that, that pic of him looks like it was took in the 70s.

derf
01-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Cnn was saying it was modified to be more realistic, which I'm taking to understand that he cut off the orange tip, so that people thought it was a real gun

Trip
01-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Cnn was saying it was modified to be more realistic, which I'm taking to understand that he cut off the orange tip, so that people thought it was a real gun

It didn't have the orange tip. Here is a pic in this article, it is actually a BB gun and here is a link to buy it. I would of shot the fucker pointing this at me too.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-student-killed-officers-had-pellet-gun-231453248.html

http://www.airgundepot.com/sa177-bb-repeater.html

derf
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Werd, no orange tip means my life is in danger, that also means so is yours