PDA

View Full Version : Summer Rally dates

derf
01-08-2012, 09:39 AM
What dates is everyone good for?

I'm wide open, TG is gonna follow his lady friend because its her birfday on the 18th, and avery thinks school is more important than meeting up with us, so he's out the 1st week of june and after that.

Anyone else have any dates that won't work for them?

So far it looks like 23-27 May work best.

Captain Morgan
01-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Here's what I posted in the other thread:

Probably the BEST weekend for me would be May 17th to 20th. I won't have my daughter and I'll be in between spring semester and summer session.

June 14th to 17th MIGHT be possible, but I'm not sure yet. It all depends on how my classes are set up for the summer session.

All that said, make the rally on the best weekend for the most people. If I can make it, I will. I can possibly switch weekends with my ex, but for the most part, she's a bitch so I NEVER count on being able to switch weekends.

tommymac
01-09-2012, 01:43 AM
mid may is a maybe for me. karens due date is june 12th so anything around there I wont be able to make.

Amorok
01-09-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm teaching and my class won't graduate until 30 may, so after that is better for me. 1-4 June is easiest.

Captain Morgan
01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Just realized June 17th is Father's Day, so that entire weekend is out for me. By my normal schedule, I wouldn't have my daughter at all that weekend, but since it's Father's Day, I'll have her the whole weekend.

Trip
01-09-2012, 09:09 AM
So basically no one is available at the same time, lol

Rangerscott
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Why plan something when people dont show up?

Trip
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Why plan something when people dont show up?

It's fun for the few of us that do show up.

Rangerscott
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
It's fun for the few of us that do show up.

Yea. I had a blast in Arkansas.

G-Rex
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I'd like to go. I actually have vacation time this year that isn't *all* promised for one trip, so I can take time off here and there.

As for when, anything works good for me outside of early April and July.

Trip
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Yea. I had a blast in Arkansas.

LOL, I never said I would do that one. We had a fun one in NC.

Cutty72
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Starting a new job next week. I will go in the hole 5 days worth of vaca the second week of Feb for the honeymoon. Don't think I'm going to be caught up yet by May or June... and June is Annual Training, so tough anyway.

Oh yeah, and it's a long ways away.

Amorok
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Everywhere is really far away from you.

derf
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
There is a poll open, vote

Rangerscott
01-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Any date is good enough for me. Just need to know in advance a month. Also have to find out if my father can go. Of course mileage can be the determining factor. I dont want it to be a speed race to get there, then turn around and race back.

Say we meet in NC. That's two day there, two days back, days at the spot. So that's about 6-7 days there with no site seeing.

derf
01-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Any date is good enough for me. Just need to know in advance a month. Also have to find out if my father can go. Of course mileage can be the determining factor. I dont want it to be a speed race to get there, then turn around and race back.

Say we meet in NC. That's two day there, two days back, days at the spot. So that's about 6-7 days there with no site seeing.

Or its one LONG day there, some BSing sight seeing, riding and hanging out, then one long day back.

that just turned your 6-7 day trip into a 4-6 day trip. Its less than 1k miles, you can do it in one day, plus we can certify your IBA ride at the end!

Rangerscott
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
If it was just me then maybe but I know my father and our friend wont do it. I dont ever get out of Texas so there will have to be some site seeing.

Ive gone from middle of texas to Charolette, NC in a car and it sucked. Being on a bike that long will probably be more enjoyable but itll be a long haul and Ill be wipe d out the next day.

I also have the fear of breaking down. Not really concerned about being stranded but I dont make the kind of money that most of you do. I cant just call up a tow truck and pay hundreds or more to have my bike shipped back or pay a mechanic to "do whatever it takes."

tommymac
01-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Or its one LONG day there, some BSing sight seeing, riding and hanging out, then one long day back.

that just turned your 6-7 day trip into a 4-6 day trip. Its less than 1k miles, you can do it in one day, plus we can certify your IBA ride at the end!

if I can make it I may go for it, just need a certification when I leave NY and i figure I can use toll receipts as well to help with my mileage, at least getting out of the metro area. I just need to figure out how/where to tack on the extra miles.

Trip
01-10-2012, 07:03 AM
The hotel is located in a prime sight seeing spot. The Lynn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway (most popular part of the parkway) is right down the road from it. I want to try and hike the entire Grandfather Mountain trail this time, now that we know what we are up against. So we do sight see, it's not just beer and riding.

G-Rex
01-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Ive gone from middle of texas to Charolette, NC in a car and it sucked. Being on a bike that long will probably be more enjoyable but itll be a long haul and Ill be wipe d out the next day.

You need more long distance miles under your belt. Texas is big enough for you to do that. Get on it. I can do OKC to NC in one day. Quit your belly achin'. :D Heck, the trip I'm planning for April I'm planning to ride from San Diego to OKC in one day. Par for the course my friend, par for the course. :)

I also have the fear of breaking down. Not really concerned about being stranded but I dont make the kind of money that most of you do. I cant just call up a tow truck and pay hundreds or more to have my bike shipped back or pay a mechanic to "do whatever it takes."

You have a brand new motorcycle right? Maybe you should have bought something besides a Kawasaki if you're worried about breakdowns. :?:

Amber Lamps
01-10-2012, 07:14 AM
The hotel is located in a prime sight seeing spot. The Lynn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway (most popular part of the parkway) is right down the road from it. I want to try and hike the entire Grandfather Mountain trail this time, now that we know what we are up against. So we do sight see, it's not just beer and riding.

Yea, there are whores too!!! w00t!!!

Oh wait, that's a different forum.....never mind.

I can come anytime and I am not afraid to tow my bike.:lol:

Trip
01-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Yea, there are whores too!!! w00t!!!

There are underage girls to hit on and old geezers to disgust.

Captain Morgan
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
There are underage girls to hit on and old geezers to disgust.

She won't be underage this year. :lol:

tommymac
01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
She won't be underage this year. :lol:

You have that marked on your calendar dont you :lol:

Trip
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
lol

tommymac
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
there was also the kinda cute waitress but I think she already had a few kids ;)

derf
01-10-2012, 12:13 PM
there was also the kinda cute waitress but I think she already had a few kids ;)

With more on the way

tommymac
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
With more on the way

She had one in the oven too?

Turbo Ghost
01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm sure I can make it no matter what weekend as long as I have good lead time to schedule it. The wife is fine with me leaving for long periods of time anytime I want...............uh........wait a minute!? I wonder what she does when I leave?? Oh well, I get to ride so, who cares!:rockwoot:

Rangerscott
01-10-2012, 06:19 PM
You need more long distance miles under your belt. Texas is big enough for you to do that. Get on it. I can do OKC to NC in one day. Quit your belly achin'. :D Heck, the trip I'm planning for April I'm planning to ride from San Diego to OKC in one day. Par for the course my friend, par for the course. :)

You have a brand new motorcycle right? Maybe you should have bought something besides a Kawasaki if you're worried about breakdowns. :?:

I use the vfr for trips. I dont have the luxury of a job/income to let me take off when ever and for a long time. Im not being a prun. Just stating facts of life for me. Once the trip is set Ill do my best to make it but no promises.

Sure Id like to just take off but I only get sat/sun off. Not much time to go on a long trip. Just getting on tye bike and going from point A to point be then back in two days isnt fun and is a waste of money for me. Its got to be at least 4 days or more so I can actually do something.

Sixxxxer
01-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Hey Hey Hey, I rode 3k in 11 days Without a Hiccup!!!

tommymac
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Hey Hey, I rode 3k in 11 days Without a Hiccup!!!

and a few hundred of them in a raging monsoon.

Cutty72
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Everywhere is really far away from you.

This is a true statement.

There is a poll open, vote

You didn't add a "I'll be busy fucking Tater's whore of an ex wife" option, so I can't.