PDA

View Full Version : More ins fraud

tommymac
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ten-doctors-tied-massive-medical-fraud-respected-living-high-life-article-1.1032604

One of the russian" businessmen" was a partner with a doc I worked with in a no fault clinic severla years ago. Got a little spooked when all this came out, I left that office in 07/08 and was glad I got out when I did. The doc I worked under watched out fo rme, but the other business partners would throw their own mother under the bus in a heartbeat.

Papa_Complex
03-04-2012, 09:53 AM
A similar thing was happening here, but it generally involved physio clinics. Fake car accident reports would be made and then the clinics, that were involved in the scams, would submit bills for therapy that never took place. A dozen or more clinics were busted.

tommymac
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
At one office I actualy saw soem people who came straight to the clinic from the accident, that seemed very odd. Also one or 2 came from the accident and told me thier lawyer told them to come there. This was in a rather ghetto neighborhood and was asking why/how they had a lawyer on retainer.

Most of the ones I saw may or may not have had anything, but it was odd that EVERY MRI I ordered came back positive for something.

Papa_Complex
03-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Doesn't everyone in NYNY have a lawyer? Oi gevalt! :lol:

Certainly sounds like a scam mill and a good thing you got out, when you did. I've been trying to find the story from last year, in which something like 20 physio clinics were shut down for being involved in auto insurance fraud, in the Toronto area, but all of the old stories have been pushed off the search listings by this latest round.

tommymac
03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Doesn't everyone in NYNY have a lawyer? Oi gevalt! :lol:

Certainly sounds like a scam mill and a good thing you got out, when you did. I've been trying to find the story from last year, in which something like 20 physio clinics were shut down for being involved in auto insurance fraud, in the Toronto area, but all of the old stories have been pushed off the search listings by this latest round.

The doc I worked for also worked an er job so this wasnt his onl ysource of income. He seemed to have a good feel on how far you could go without being investigated and was happy making whatever he made. Seems it was the others who got greedy. In a year I kinda figured out what was going on, and fortunatley my name wasnt on any charts so I was kind of non exsistant. He knew for me it was an easy job, and I got paid well so enjoy it while you can.

Gas Man
03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Nice! Real nice!