PDA

View Full Version : A New England Busa Ride

nhgunnut
08-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Recently a couple of guys from EB and took a little ride that inluced south eastern VT and Southwestern NH. First one for any of the busa haters here is 600 rwp spread out over 6 wheels

nhgunnut
08-02-2008, 07:28 AM
A nice spot along the CT river on the VT Side

RiderRageGoneBAD
08-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Nice bikes... I would never buy one but nice bikes!

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Nice bikes.... are they fast.... seriously those things are putting out 200 wheel ponies a piece? Whats done to them they appear stock?

JoJoYZF
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I know nhgun's is turboed just cuz he mentioned it, so thats probably a good chunk of the power.

Dave
08-08-2008, 12:09 AM
sport tourers getting used for what they were intended for? insanity!

:P

dReWpY
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
prolly all turboed

Mr Lefty
08-08-2008, 04:52 AM
I'm gonna say at least one is N/A... cause last I heard nh's was putting out like 240... so that leaves 360 over two other bikes... that's only 180 each... don't know what they do stock... but I think that's pretty close... and figure with exhaust and filter and a PC... :idk:

pretty cool though... I'd like to have a busa eventually... for sport touring...

I really need to win the lottery... so I can have the stable I want... and the bikes IN said stable :lol:

nhgunnut
08-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm gonna say at least one is N/A... cause last I heard nh's was putting out like 240... so that leaves 360 over two other bikes... that's only 180 each... don't know what they do stock... but I think that's pretty close... and figure with exhaust and filter and a PC... :idk:

pretty cool though... I'd like to have a busa eventually... for sport touring...

I really need to win the lottery... so I can have the stable I want... and the bikes IN said stable :lol:

I am getting 257 RWHP. The other 2 bikes are naturaly asperated with exhaust systems , PCs and I believe Ralphs (the black 07) has a set ofCams
To ba fair my statement of 600 was a quick guess on my part. For anyone interested stock Gen 1 Busa usually puts down in the area of 153-155 the stock exhaust being the big handicapper. The Gen 2 Busa ususal puts down about 170 stock

Mr Lefty
08-08-2008, 06:30 AM
I win.... :lol:

nice bikes all around

Crazy
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
sweet pics.

the chi
08-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Beautiful shots, looks like ya'll had a good time!

08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I am getting 257 RWHP. The other 2 bikes are naturaly asperated with exhaust systems , PCs and I believe Ralphs (the black 07) has a set ofCams
To ba fair my statement of 600 was a quick guess on my part. For anyone interested stock Gen 1 Busa usually puts down in the area of 153-155 the stock exhaust being the big handicapper. The Gen 2 Busa ususal puts down about 170 stock

which one is yours I dont see any indications that any of them are turboed.

nhgunnut
08-10-2008, 07:25 AM
which one is yours I dont see any indications that any of them are turboed.

Mine is the Grey 05 . and from the outside you won't see any indication. As much as you can with a busa I built a sleeper. It is stock length, instead of a Dump pipe it runs back to a Micron can and there is no holes in the plastic. The give aways are the the boost gauge discretely located on the upper right inner fairng the tattle tale swictch for the boost gauge and the Maunual By-Pass switch for the fan.
It is a Hahn which uses the Mitsubishi super 16G Turbo and I am also using a Hahn Port Fueler ( Secondary Fuel rail, managed by a map sesnor
Here are a couple of pictures from the day I opened it up to install the by-pass , relocate the fan temp switch and clean a bit cause it was filthy. (This bike is my daily commuter)

08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
That is one sick sleeper 'busa you got there. Did you buy that as a kit or did you fab it all your self. I like how you have it all contained within the fairings for the sleeper look. Do you have any vids of this monster running I wanna hear that thing spool up psssssssssss psht :drool:

nhgunnut
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
That is one sick sleeper 'busa you got there. Did you buy that as a kit or did you fab it all your self. I like how you have it all contained within the fairings for the sleeper look. Do you have any vids of this monster running I wanna hear that thing spool up psssssssssss psht :drool:

It is a a Hahn Stage 1 kit Ordered with with the No-Cut Option ( I give away a little to do it but the 4 or 5 hp is well worth it to me). Port Fueler KitTotaly changed the characteristic of set up form a Hit the boost fall off the ledge feel to a smooth almost seamless transition from vacum to boost. My only real issue now is getting the suspension right so that under all out it doesn't break the wheel loose

Sixxxxer
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Sick Bikes, Looks like you Enjoyed yourselves.

Personally wouldn't buy a busa they def Look Sweet, and the Turbo Kit is Tits!