PDA

View Full Version : holy bad ride (Why I dont like busy roads)

derf
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2fDV00lLD0&feature=youtu.be

Trip
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
What the hell happened? That looks like a terrible place to ride fast. Probably why it is full of posers.

My initial reaction is the wrecker went off the road and came back on and then the lane cutter avoided him and barely missed the camera man.

I agree with not stopping, I use to stop, but not anymore. A wreck happens, I wasn't there and I didn't see shit.

njchopper87
04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I watched that scene a few dozen times and I still don't know what the hell I'm looking at. If that's the same dude he was riding behind, then how he managed to pull a 180 is beyond me.

My first impression was someone was just merging onto the road and didn't check to see if the lane was clear. Then I thought they over reacted about the car. After that I thought maybe it was the dude the in front of the camera person was making a U-turn. Then, I thought that if they wrecked they could have tried picking the bike up and hit the throttle by mistake, or was in a weird position where the bike wasn't fully stopped. Now I just don't care.

askmrjesus
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
What the hell happened? That looks like a terrible place to ride fast. Probably why it is full of posers.

That's Route 421, the new "Gap".

Like the Gap, it's filled with morons.

JC

derf
04-09-2012, 09:00 PM

JC

I'm pretty sure that its the snake/mullholland dr out in CA.

And there were 2 potential incidents in the video, early on the one guy is making a u turn in the middle of a blind corner, then the dude that dumps his bike after

Trip
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM

JC

yeah that's in CA, no way is that scenery our Snake.

Sean
04-09-2012, 11:29 PM
How the hell do you crash THERE? That super wide angle must be messing my perspective up.

Sean
04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Ok, I figured it out. The bike on the ground pulled off on a blind turn. He tried to merge back in and, of course, couldn't see the bike that was flying down the mountain. That guy juked left to dodge him, barely missing the camera bike, while the idiot that pulled off tipped over. Dumbass.

Captain Morgan
04-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Watched it a few times. I think someone was pulling back out onto the road after being stopped in the dirt and gave it too much throttle while they were in the dirt. Hard to tell.

Gas Man
04-10-2012, 01:13 AM
WOW... cluster of idiots

askmrjesus
04-10-2012, 11:09 AM
yeah that's in CA, no way is that scenery our Snake.

Yeah, wrong snake.

Same idiots, different accents. :lol:

JC

Captain Morgan
04-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Watched it a few times. I think someone was pulling back out onto the road after being stopped in the dirt and gave it too much throttle while they were in the dirt. Hard to tell.

Watched it a few more times on full screen. Looks more like the guy was pulling back onto the road and didn't realize someone was coming around the corner. Then the second motorcyclist went into the oncoming lane to avoid the first guy, at which point the first guy realized he almost hit someone, so he grabbed a handful of brake while riding slow, causing him to tip over. Camera rider was fortunate enough to avoid both of the other riders.

HokieDNA01
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I thought the guy on the ground was the bike being followed and the guy going off the road blew his lane causing the crash.

Rangerscott
04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Thats busy?

Trip
04-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I thought the guy on the ground was the bike being followed and the guy going off the road blew his lane causing the crash.

No, the guy he was following made it through fine, you can see him

I wonder if the guy that went down, ran off the road and came back on and that was his buddy following him that had to avoid him to cut across the camera rider.