PDA

View Full Version : Lil Tally Track Day 8/3

the chi
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey folks, so I know we had a group in Nashville this weekend, cant wait to hear a bit more stats on that one, but wanted to share mine as well!!

Headed out with a crew of friends Saturday Morning, had killer storm, tornado sirens and everything that night, spectacular storm. Got to the track on Sunday, it was BLISTERING hot. Had a great time, only one mishap, I'll let him update if he likes on that one...had major improvement, and finally got a knee down!!!

Here's some pics from the day...

Storm, my best shot of the lightning...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03324.jpg

Made a new friend...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03319.jpg

Just for Fman...ladies in what they wear under the leather...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03496.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03494.jpg

The Stig-dying of heatstroke like the rest of us...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03514.jpg

MikeSP & RoxxC51...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03525.jpg

Look at the line up of bikes...all ours!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03505.jpg

Our Injured - Speedracer...setting fashion wherever he goes...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC03526.jpg

me draggin knee!!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/4.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/10.jpg

Not only did I get my lil piece, I actually used the pucks as intended! :rockwoot:

neebelung
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Holy crap, you look awesome out there!!!!!!! :rockwoot:

TheStig!
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Great pics. Rae! I'm still trying to recover from the heat!

t-homo
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Good work on the knee.

I likey!

ontwo
08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Lookin good out there. :dthumb:

Trip
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
you are my hero rae

DLIT
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Attach the pics!! I want to see them at work. Your avatar looks cool though.

the chi
08-04-2008, 01:55 PM
I am leaving and wont be back for a bit, will someone please do that for DL?

And thanks guys, I'm pretty excited about it. I had finally not given it any thought at all and them BAM, it happened, scared the crud outta me. Went back out and ground them down!

ceo012384
08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Awesome rae! Nothing hotter than a girl who can really ride :drool:

Mr Lefty
08-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Here's some pics from the day...

That chair looks HUGE! :lol:

me draggin knee!!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/10.jpg

looks good!!! still haven't gotten your track plastics setup?!

marko138
08-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Nice pics. Good work. Drink beer.

DLIT
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Looking good, Rae. I like the clear shield. Looks like you're barely trying.

JoJoYZF
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Awesome rae! Nothing hotter than a girl who can really ride :drool:

Especially one that can ride and also look hot in spandex once the leathers come off in the pits

Gunther1000
08-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I think I love you! :drool:

Speedracer170
08-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Well i had fun other than my mishap, highsided in one and broke my hand. Got back from the hospital and was still in a good mood as the pic shows above(think it was because i got to see rae in spandex) lol.

pics

http://www.pensacolariders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3359

t-homo
08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
You make that bike look HUGE!

the chi
08-05-2008, 02:11 AM
U guys crack me up! :lol:

I know I have big personality and all, but I AM a very small person...thus all the short jokes from Ebbs...

U should see me on a busa or mikes lady! You think I make the 600 look ginormous?

I am sure the lack of plastics doesnt help it either...and no Ebbs, still no finished product. Gonna get up with a friend and do it myself...got till late October so hoping to get her done, I think that will help with my head positioning alot!

Thanks DL, i was havng so much fun, I LOVE this track!

Very small, very tight, but such an intense amount of technical turns and stuff compared to Jennings. Don't get me wrong, I love Jennings too, but Tally was just made for technique work outs, at least IMO. The constant shift from side to side and having to put all those theories to work made this one helluva lotta fun!! No straightaways to gather speed, simply drop into a turn, stand up and drop back over and over!! I could go on for days...*happy sigh*

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 02:14 AM
so where is this track? :read:

the chi
08-05-2008, 02:21 AM

Speedracer knows specifics, All I know is Alabama, about 20 minutes from the Talladega Speedway. It literally is surrounded by cornfields!

Hmmm, you'll be here next year...rest assured we're draggin your ass out for a track day!! :whistle:

t-homo
08-05-2008, 02:21 AM

i must have missed something. link me to your fat boy thread.

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Speedracer knows specifics, All I know is Alabama, about 20 minutes from the Talladega Speedway. It literally is surrounded by cornfields!

Hmmm, you'll be here next year...rest assured we're draggin your ass out for a track day!! :whistle:

MOST DEF! and that's my direction... or sort of... :lol:

i must have missed something. link me to your fat boy thread.

:lol: that thread is called Trip's abuse of power

Trip
08-05-2008, 08:35 AM

seriously if you go to tally without me next time, it's bannination time. :lol:

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
seriously if you go to tally without me next time, it's bannination time. :lol:

Seriously? You'll go with? That would friggin RAWK!

Trip
08-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Seriously? You'll go with? That would friggin RAWK!

Hell yeah I want to go to Tally. From what I can tell it's my dream track from what everyone says because it's so technical. We should do the next STT date.

It's September 21/22. Probably a little to close to indy to make it.....

Elite is there the next weekend of 28/29.

See when your track company is doing it again. We need to go this year.

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Hell yeah I want to go to Tally. From what I can tell it's my dream track from what everyone says because it's so technical. We should do the next STT date.

It's September 21/22. Probably a little to close to indy to make it.....

Elite is there the next weekend of 28/29.

See when your track company is doing it again. We need to go this year.

I'll check into it, seriously tho, it's gotta be cooler! I only made it through 3 sessions before I was completely wiped out due to heat. I was irritated cuz I wanted to keep riding, but after 2 mistakes in the long sweeper that almost resulted in me catapulting, I figured enough was enough.

Trip
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I'll check into it, seriously tho, it's gotta be cooler! I only made it through 3 sessions before I was completely wiped out due to heat. I was irritated cuz I wanted to keep riding, but after 2 mistakes in the long sweeper that almost resulted in me catapulting, I figured enough was enough.

Late september should be perfect as far as temp, the elite would probably be the best. I know some of the instructors and might be able to get us a better deal on price. Plus, they run a lot of less people per group than the other orgs.

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Late september should be perfect as far as temp, the elite would probably be the best. I know some of the instructors and might be able to get us a better deal on price. Plus, they run a lot of less people per group than the other orgs.

ooooh, lemme know what you find out...this one wasnt bad at all $120 for the day...and small groups, course thats cuz people were melting into the pavement but...:lol: and really, im DYING to get back out there!

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I is wants to goes

Trip
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I is wants to goes

You aren't allowed to come unless you bring your own stuff this time. Mooch. :lol:

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
will do, other then the stands to pull the tires off since they will already be on there....

who am i kidding, i aint got the flow, how far away in lil' talla? with no car or trailor i would just be a liability to someone

stupid college...

Trip
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
ooooh, lemme know what you find out...this one wasnt bad at all $120 for the day...and small groups, course thats cuz people were melting into the pavement but...:lol: and really, im DYING to get back out there!

It will be 225 for two days and 126 for one day if we get the standard discount. Let me know how many are in your group if you want to do this and how many days you want to do.

It's september 27-28

Trip
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
will do, other then the stands to pull the tires off since they will already be on there....

who am i kidding, i aint got the flow, how far away in lil' talla? with no car or trailor i would just be a liability to someone

stupid college...

you would need to trailer there and I won't be able to provide that, it's probably 5+ hours from you.

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
aight, let me get on it and see what I can find out...i am sure I can swing the money for the day at least, and I already have tires to use...mmmmm track day!! Will talk with my crew tomorrow night, we are all meeting up and I will let you know!

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
who knows by then i might have something and we could throw both bikes on my trailor

what i hate is having a trailor, all of my tools, stand, everything i need and used at the TD (minus the front stand, but i will be buying one shortly) already, its just in OH...

on a side note, i seriously considering picking up a used tire changer

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
who knows by then i might have something and we could throw both bikes on my trailor

what i hate is having a trailor, all of my tools, stand, everything i need and used at the TD (minus the front stand, but i will be buying one shortly) already, its just in OH...

on a side note, i seriously considering picking up a used tire changer

Borrow a pickup, load it in bed, no trailer needed, and find a friend with a tire changer! N i spose you could borrow some of my stuff if needed, shit half my crew these days rides RC's!

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
yeah, thanks for the offer, but contrary to popular belief, i hate mooching

the chi
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
yeah, thanks for the offer, but contrary to popular belief, i hate mooching

whatever gets you there man!

Trip
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
There was like 4 of us on his bike trying to get it ready for tech this past weekend. :lol:

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
hey i had it under control its not my fault you guys are really nice and offered a helping hand

(on a serious note, thanks to everyone, i have never met nicer ppl in my life, seriously there is something to be said about southern hospitality)

Trip
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
hey i had it under control its not my fault you guys are really nice and offered a helping hand

(on a serious note, thanks to everyone, i have never met nicer ppl in my life, seriously there is something to be said about southern hospitality)

I am just giving you a hard time, if I really didn't want to do it I would of sat my ass down in the chair and watched.

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
isnt that what you did any way?

oh and your tape job actually held the entire time, i was surprised

dReWpY
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
if it wouldnt of been for your tape job, vern and his chain aligment tool and bluarewun and his helping hands i might of just sat out the first session and collected my self since it was alot to do right before i went out

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
damn 30 day leave policy... wish I could stay and go down there...

so where in AL is this track? just try'n to figure out how far from Biloxi... :drool:

Trip
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
damn 30 day leave policy... wish I could stay and go down there...

so where in AL is this track? just try'n to figure out how far from Biloxi... :drool:

google maps at all?

northeast of birmingham in a town called, get this, talladega. You know that big nascar track called talladega, near there.

Barber is also close to biloxi, its just outside of birmingham in Leeds, AL.

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
well yeah just didn't know where the track was in AL :lol: so didn't know where to look!

Always though talledega was in Florida... :lol: see how much I pay attention to Nascrap?

Trip
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
well yeah just didn't know where the track was in AL :lol: so didn't know where to look!

Always though talledega was in Florida... :lol: see how much I pay attention to Nascrap?

just giving you a hard time because you made it too easy.

MikeSP1
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
U should see me on a busa or mikes lady! You think I make the 600 look ginormous?

Hey Rae, should I post up the pics I have of when you rode X?

Trip
08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Rae, should I post up the pics I have of when you rode X?

you should

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
just giving you a hard time because you made it too easy.

:lol: I know... and actually... both Barbur and Tally are east and a little south of birmingham

Trip
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
:lol: I know... and actually... both Barbur and Tally are east and a little south of birmingham

barber is like due east of downtown birmingham, I never really knew where tally was at cause you get off the interstate before you reach bham.

BTW, how did speed go down?

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
what?

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
oh... and Barbur is 325 miles from Keesler... only 5hrs... NICE!

MikeSP1
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
you should

All right, here goes, Rae and the massive X

Trip
08-05-2008, 07:56 PM
oh... and Barbur is 325 miles from Keesler... only 5hrs... NICE!

I am going to have to go there next year.

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
well... I'll be there as long as work permits... even if money doesn't... I'll watch.

oh... and what were you talking about... speed go down?

Trip
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
oh... and what were you talking about... speed go down?

I think so cause it says something about in the pic he is wearing the slippers in.

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
:lol: ahh I thought you were asking ME how did speed go down... I was like... wtf are you talking about!!?

Trip
08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
:lol: ahh I thought you were asking ME how did speed go down... I was like... wtf are you talking about!!?

merged post

Mr Lefty
08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
damn vabs...

the chi
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Speed posted up somewhere in here about it, with a linkie to our local site...

Basically, he was waiting for The Stig to come round, they are both licensed racers...he was workin his rear off to get up with the stig, almost had him, blipped throttle (no comments, it was completely by accident and he owns the mistake) and did actually manage to pass The Stig, HEAD first...we think he may have waved as he flew by...landed on pretty much all of his body, face, ass, broke his hand and ripped up a toenail...looks like he lost a barfight actually.

We all knew he was fine when strapped to the stretcher he tried to talk his way out of the ambulance... "I'm fine, my hands just broke, lemme out here, really!! "

He was the first and only ambulance ride Sunday and hopefully the last our crew sees this year!!