PDA

View Full Version : September Rally/BRP?

Captain Morgan
07-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Just thought I'd throw it out that I won't have my daughter from September 6 through 10 if we want to try and plan a rally/BRP trip that weekend. We probably need to get on it if we want to book Big Lynn Lodge again. Who would be up for going that weekend?

If we want to do something different, I'd also be up for a New England trip this year, maybe a traveling rally rather than staying at one place each night. Thoughts?

Trip
07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
ask Ebbs what he is up to on facebook, we want to try to get him involved since he is going to Colorado next year

I can usually take off whenever I feel like taking off.

derf
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm down, possibly planning on the new york motomarathon with tommy, but that is very much up in the air and no plans have been discussed yet

Cutty72
07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
You should all come to ND and help me move into my new house!

Trip
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
You should all come to ND and help me move into my new house!

After just moving into my own house, FUCK YOU.

Captain Morgan
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM

:lol:

Ebbs won't be able to make it. Says he really won't be able to do anything until after the first of the year, if he can even go anywhere then.

tommymac
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Wish ya posted this a few days ago. I just put in my er days since I will be going back to work and told them I could work that week :( I took off the following week/weekend for the motomarathon. I iwll see what I can do about changing things up but it may be tough.

Oh as far as moving I will be busy that day :lol:

Cutty72
07-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Oh as far as moving I will be busy that day :lol:

I'm not feeling the love here guys...

Trip
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not feeling the love here guys...

Yeah, my new rule is I really want to never move myself again, fuck anyone else.

tommymac
07-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah, my new rule is I really want to never move myself again, fuck anyone else.

plus muther fucking one. If i ever move I may leave everything here nad just buy new stuff, well my bikes and tools will come with me :lol:

Gas Man
07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
I'd be out that weekend as well. I am on duty that weekend and filling in Labor Day weekend as well, so I can't get this weekend I'm working off as co-worker will be still on vacay/time off.

I however, don't have much going on in sep otherwise.

Perhaps sence Ebbs can't take time off to go somewhere, maybe we should go to him. LOL

Trip
07-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Any other weekends good for you, Avery? LOL

Turbo Ghost
07-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I might be able to make it then. I'll have to look at my shooting schedule when I get home to be sure. We wrap in Oct. so, there's a good chance Sept. will be booked but, I'll check to be sure.

Captain Morgan
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Any other weekends good for you, Avery? LOL

August 9 to 13 and October 4 to 8. I only have one weekend per month where I don't have my daughter for 5 days straight.

tommymac
07-17-2012, 04:03 PM
August 9 to 13 and October 4 to 8. I only have one weekend per month where I don't have my daughter for 5 days straight.

Not sure wifey will let me disappear twice so soon but that weekend in october may work for me. if I dont do the MM in sept then I am a def a go.

Turbo Ghost
07-17-2012, 04:24 PM
As of right now, I'm good for the Sept. 8th weekend. Of course, shooting schedules can change but, I should be able to work something out since it's so close anyway. Work it out and let me know the final verdict and I'll go from there!

Trip
07-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Can anyone else do October 4-8?

tommymac
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM

Most likley, my ER days for then dont have to be in yet so I can schedule that weekend off.

Turbo Ghost
07-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm scheduled for re-shoots that weekend but, may still be able to make it if none of my scenes need fixing.

Mr Lefty
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I'd be out that weekend as well. I am on duty that weekend and filling in Labor Day weekend as well, so I can't get this weekend I'm working off as co-worker will be still on vacay/time off.

I however, don't have much going on in sep otherwise.

Perhaps sence Ebbs can't take time off to go somewhere, maybe we should go to him. LOL

Thanks for the thought... but it's pointless, 1. because I have no idea what I'll be doing weekend to weekend (they like to drop shit on us the week of) and 2. it's fucking Mississippi... the roads are fucking straight and boring... dual sporting is even boring down here, but at least there's gravel/dirt roads to tear up.

Maybe next year we can do a Colorado Rally... ya'll can stay at my place... and hit up the mountain roads!

derf
07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
i'M GOOD FOR OCTOBER
effing caps

tommymac
07-17-2012, 10:27 PM
i'M GOOD FOR OCTOBER
effing caps

Do you still want to try for th emotomarathon? I woul dlike to do that too, just need to see if any of the local guys are up for doing it too.

Trip
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I am unsure if I will do that down here or not now. They aren't giving you hotel information prior to the ride and getting a room where its going may be really pricey and could be booked up.

derf
07-18-2012, 01:15 AM
Like I said I an looking at the motto marathon, I need to conserve $$$ because i'm going to vacation in Jamaica in December. It will probably be one or the other. I also have to use 14 days if vacation by the end if September so if themeet is in October then it looks like the mitigation might win

tommymac
07-18-2012, 07:05 AM
I am unsure if I will do that down here or not now. They aren't giving you hotel information prior to the ride and getting a room where its going may be really pricey and could be booked up.

For the NY one it seems like our first and last nights will be out of a hotel in fishkill NY If theyre covering most of NY state I think the other nights will be spent in less populated areas, and I cant see them sending us south through westchester and NYC. If they do I will tell wifey to get things ready because the team is comming ot spend the night LOL

Trip
07-18-2012, 07:17 AM
For the NY one it seems like our first and last nights will be out of a hotel in fishkill NY If theyre covering most of NY state I think the other nights will be spent in less populated areas, and I cant see them sending us south through westchester and NYC. If they do I will tell wifey to get things ready because the team is comming ot spend the night LOL

We are playing around the smokies, during leaf peeper season. Hotels can be busy.

tommymac
07-18-2012, 07:32 AM
We are playing around the smokies, during leaf peeper season. Hotels can be busy.

Good point, the one in NY shouldnt be bad, not realy anything going on that weekend, too early for leaf peeping and the kids are back in school so fri and sat nights shouldnt be an issue in booking/finding something. I am assuming they will have us heading through western NY then norht towards buffalo. Outside of cooperstown and buffalo there isnt that much there in terms of big cities.

I am hoping to have a group of 3 or 4 of us doing it so that way we can delegate responsibilities among the group as far as route planning, and lodging and whatever else may come up.

Trip
07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Good point, the one in NY shouldnt be bad, not realy anything going on that weekend, too early for leaf peeping and the kids are back in school so fri and sat nights shouldnt be an issue in booking/finding something. I am assuming they will have us heading through western NY then norht towards buffalo. Outside of cooperstown and buffalo there isnt that much there in terms of big cities.

I am hoping to have a group of 3 or 4 of us doing it so that way we can delegate responsibilities among the group as far as route planning, and lodging and whatever else may come up.

From reading about it. Its more like a gumball than iron butt rally. A lot of the group rides together and easily gets all the checkpoints. Its basically a moving rally.

tommymac
07-18-2012, 07:56 AM
From reading about it. Its more like a gumball than iron butt rally. A lot of the group rides together and easily gets all the checkpoints. Its basically a moving rally.

Thats what it seems like, saying how all the check points are easily doable in a day and that sort of thing. I figure for 50 bucks its not that bad and theres a lot of NY state I havent seen/been to so that will be cool. Plus it would be good meeting new people with similar mindsets with sport touring, but would also be good having my own group of friends to ride with.

Trip
07-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Thats what it seems like, saying how all the check points are easily doable in a day and that sort of thing. I figure for 50 bucks its not that bad and theres a lot of NY state I havent seen/been to so that will be cool. Plus it would be good meeting new people with similar mindsets with sport touring, but would also be good having my own group of friends to ride with.

I was hoping for more of a challenge, so I am looking into another rally now. I wanted something where there is actually a winner, not one of these new age everybody gets a medal things.

tommymac
07-18-2012, 08:10 AM
I was hoping for more of a challenge, so I am looking into another rally now. I wanted something where there is actually a winner, not one of these new age everybody gets a medal things.

I think you do amass points on these rallies. If anything would be a good introduction fo rme into the bigger rallies, as i would like to do some of the iron butt rallies down the road. Maybe this year if I do head down to the BRP with you guys I will take the long way and get an IB patch out of it.

Trip
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
I think you do amass points on these rallies. If anything would be a good introduction fo rme into the bigger rallies, as i would like to do some of the iron butt rallies down the road. Maybe this year if I do head down to the BRP with you guys I will take the long way and get an IB patch out of it.

Everyone pretty much finishes with max points.

tommymac
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Everyone pretty much finishes with max points.

cool, so I will be a winner :lol:

Gas Man
07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Nope... I screwed.

Thanks for the thought... but it's pointless, 1. because I have no idea what I'll be doing weekend to weekend (they like to drop shit on us the week of) and 2. it's fucking Mississippi... the roads are fucking straight and boring... dual sporting is even boring down here, but at least there's gravel/dirt roads to tear up.

Maybe next year we can do a Colorado Rally... ya'll can stay at my place... and hit up the mountain roads!

Ok Prince Lefty. I'd love to take you up on that in Colorado.

Trip
08-19-2012, 10:21 PM

Is this really the only two weekends you can do something? Me and Kyle want to go back up to the BRP and run some of the forest roads, was going to see if you and derf wanted to come run some dirt with us. Anyone else that wants to run dirt is more than welcome too or if you don't, don't mind hanging out/going ride other roads while we ride dirt too.

I definitely can't do October 8th weekend though, unless I want my nuts cut off though. That's my wife's birthday.

What about September?

Captain Morgan
08-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Sept 6 to 10 is only time available for me. I only have one weekend each month where I am without my daughter for 5 straight days.

Gas Man
08-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I've got some time off in Sep... but since this is adding up to a dirt love trip, I'll sit back and see what you guys come up with.

tommymac
08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I've got some time off in Sep... but since this is adding up to a dirt love trip, I'll sit back and see what you guys come up with.

if this doesnt come together, I may still do the moto marathon in NY if I can get anyone to go, or would be up for a trip where ever since I have that week off.

Switch
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
That was pretty fun guys.