PDA

View Full Version : 08 CBR 1k

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I am in love with this bike and strongly considering the move over the winter. Does anyone on this board have one or has ridden one. If so I would like your unbiased opinion on this bike. How does it ride (Power, Responsiveness, Handling, Sound, Feel, everything). I am going to unload the Gixxer 750 via trade if its good enough or through private party sales. I will surely miss the 6 pack holder though.

DLIT
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I haven't heard one complaint, other than the looks. The looks have grown on me and I really dig it.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I've liked the look from the get go. I feel the currently styled bikes are getting out-dated.

As far as the machine goes, its a honda. rarely will you ever hear anything bad about a honda. The few people that i've talked to that own them are no talent hacks, so i really cant tell you anything about how they ride excpet they're "rallly fast" and "super tight" and i've heard some of them do "a hundred easily".

Dave
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
the only guy i know who has one has ZERO strip in all street riding and apparently had to grind down the peg feelers. :eek:

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
i rode with a guy at the gap and they were at a good pace at it seemed to love it

08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
over the past couple of riding seasons I have gotten too comfortable on my little 750 and it now bores me and feels extremely underpowered. I need something new with a ton more sack and the new Fireblade is ranked as the best liter bike to get with its 600 like handling and its power. I am amped and I am going to go poke around and see what kind of deals i can get.

Trip
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I really like this bike, it's light, it's powerful, it looks like a motogp bike in full race plastics, what's not to love.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
devils advicate: the retarded down syndrome front end

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
devils advicate: the retarded down syndrome front end

you'll come around just like everybody else is. thats my fav part about the bike.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
i like it, i was just playing advocate

ceo012384
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
over the past couple of riding seasons I have gotten too comfortable on my little 750 and it now bores me and feels extremely underpowered. I need something new with a ton more sack

:bigrofl:

Sometimes you really are retarded, Curtis :no:

08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
:bigrofl:

Sometimes you really are retarded, Curtis :no:

why the hate? ... honestly the tail (sans factory installed mudflap) and the headlights are the sexiest parts of it.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
this is a whole 'nother can of worms, if someone likes a bigger bike, HE wants a bigger bike, why give someone shit for wanting more power, if your not on the track, the extra power is fun

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
can we just not go there?

the horse has been beaten into the ground and all we're swinging at is dirt by now.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
agreed

08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
if your not on the track, the extra power is fun

Thank you case and point.... I will venture out to the track I just haven't had the chance, see this thing called a job keeps getting in the way.

ceo012384
08-07-2008, 10:59 PM
why the hate? ... honestly the tail (sans factory installed mudflap) and the headlights are the sexiest parts of it.
I wasn't hating on the bike itself...

They are sick and the looks have grown on me a bit... good luck finding a deal on one :rockout:

Dave
08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
i like the new blade but i LUST for the new zx10. its all about the hawk nose and integrated cluster

08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I wasn't hating on the bike itself...

They are sick and the looks have grown on me a bit... good luck finding a deal on one :rockout:

Thanks its part of my Winter upgrade scheme

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
sex machine
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/CW1Gabe/08_CBR1000RR_BlkSil.jpg

and dont you DARE buy one of those hacked up undertail converted 08's. What a slap in the face.

ceo012384
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
i like the new blade but i LUST for the new zx10. its all about the hawk nose and integrated cluster
...? The cluster is integrated into the front fairing or something?
Thanks its part of my Winter upgrade scheme
Looks like my winter upgrade scheme will most likely include some numbers for my track plastics :rockwoot:

08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
sex machine
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/CW1Gabe/08_CBR1000RR_BlkSil.jpg

and dont you DARE buy one of those hacked up undertail converted 08's. What a slap in the face.
how do you mean? The first thing I would do to that bike would be order a fender eliminator kit.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
how do you mean? The first thing I would do to that bike would be order a fender eliminator kit.

by all means.

a lot of dealers have been installing undertail exhausts (im not sure if they're doing it or if they come from factory with it) to 08s somehow. I think it looks like shit, and takes away from the new model.

lemme see if i can find one.

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
u must find, im curious

JoJoYZF
08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
u must find, im curious

Same here

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/akrapovic_racing_evolution_exhaust_system_for_hond a_cbr_1000_rr_2008_/0c6842c0ce6c8302e78b88bd2f02689d.jpg

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
u must find, im curious

cant find any on the net, but they had a handful of em down at my local dealer. I couldn't figure it out, cause i saw the front, and the fairings and thought "sweet, a new fireblade" but when i checked out the otherside i didnt see a side exaust. It ran up like through the tail like previous models, and had ugly looking heat shields covering parts that may contact body.

lemme check their website.

Dave
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
...? The cluster is integrated into the front fairing or something?

Looks like my winter upgrade scheme will most likely include some numbers for my track plastics :rockwoot:

nono big ninjas have the speedo integrated in the tach. IMO its the best cluster layout out there. anyway i was simply pointing out the two big design features that make me coocoo for that thing

dReWpY
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/bigswede53/db_BJN36598_sized1.jpg

JoJoYZF
08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/akrapovic_racing_evolution_exhaust_system_for_hond a_cbr_1000_rr_2008_/0c6842c0ce6c8302e78b88bd2f02689d.jpg

Now lose the fender and its a sick fuckin bike

NONE_too_SOFT
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM
eh, they only had factory pics on their site.

I may be down there tomorrow, if they have any left i'll get some pics. It was back when they first came out, so they may have been some sort of modified version or something, but there were like six or seven of them. I didnt even see one with the normal 08 exaust. I remember talking to the guy there about it and he said "oh its an option from honda" and i though bullshit... i figured they did something to them cause of all the hatin on the new look.

08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/bigswede53/db_BJN36598_sized1.jpg

WOW It looks even sicker in track clothes... I guess everyone is right it does look tits in track plastics. :drool:

Dave
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Now lose the fender and its a sick fuckin bike

for a guy who is about 5'8 :lol:

08-08-2008, 08:54 AM
for a guy who is about 5'8 :lol:

I sat on one the other day and it feels like a glove and I am 5-10. It feels wayyyy better than my wide bodied Gixxer 750

Rider
08-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I sat on one the other day and it feels like a glove and I am 5-10. It feels wayyyy better than my wide bodied Gixxer 750

Sit on an 08 gixxer, much narrower than the older ones.

08-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Sit on an 08 gixxer, much narrower than the older ones.

You know what I really dont care for the new gixxers and to tell you the truth I dont really like Suzuki products.

z06boy
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't really care for the front end either...maybe it will grow on me. I do like the bike overall though...awesome machine.

I have heard of "some" oiling issues...burning excessive oil I believe.

It is a screamer. :rockout:

Dave
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM

fits great for my 6'0 frame as well, its just so small id look extra goofy riding it. like the hurricane all over again lol

the chi
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
ugly as shit front end, but killer paint schemes...

it's a 1000 man, im sure its a nice bike. Im currently rawkin a buddys 07 1000, and all i can say is, rides like a honda. The ride is shit due to the horrible stock seat im sure, but handles well...tho I actually prefer the handling of the smaller bikes...and i dont know anyone who has one that actually RIDES it either...

mondos06cbr1000
08-08-2008, 10:18 PM
hate the exhaust, and taylormade makes one that actually looks tits like on my old gix 600

but...

still thing hte 06-07 cbr1000rr is the best looking bike...might be biased

my friend has a LE all black 08 and he loves it but it looks to small for me, but w/e floats your boat my friend:dthumb:

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
You know what I really dont care for the new gixxers and to tell you the truth I dont really like Suzuki products.

Bwhahahahah this is the funniest thing I have ever read!

Come on, I ride with a guy who has the new 08 and there not as good as all the hype makes them out to be. My 06 feels way better than his and I would say has him on power also! :idk:

Honda Reliability is known but for street bikes you can't beat the Suzuki! its no Slouch!

Now you 750 may leave you wanting more but the king is GSX-R hands down here.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 11:16 AM

Come on, I ride with a guy who has the new 08 and there not as good as all the hype makes them out to be. My 06 feels way better than his and I would say has him on power also! :idk:

Honda Reliability is known but for street bikes you can't beat the Suzuki! its no Slouch!

then why is the 08 RR beating everybody else? the gsxr has had its time in the spotlight, it wasnt gonna stay on top forever. and you're absolutely right, ever since 05-06 the gixxer has peaked. yami and honda have been catching up to suzuki in every class, albiet the 750 class which they choose not to touch.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, if you read every magizine article on the planet that looks at the track ability of any GSX-R they all say the chasis is in a class of its own... now given a simple suspension tweak here or there or tire change and these bikes shine! The others are no dbout getting closer but I would think that anything they do is just not going to be enough to take away the years of spot on track ability that these bikes are known for. Also do you really think that Suzuki would unlearn everything they have been proven to know about building bikes when THEY put out a redesign? nope, not going to happen. They will just make the rest go back to the drawing board and try again.

I think if anything KTM will be another contender before the other Jap brands.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, if you read every magizine article on the planet that looks at the track ability of any GSX-R they all say the chasis is in a class of its own... now given a simple suspension tweak here or there or tire change and these bikes shine! The others are no dbout getting closer but I would think that anything they do is just not going to be enough to take away the years of spot on track ability that these bikes are known for. Also do you really think that Suzuki would unlearn everything they have been proven to know about building bikes when THEY put out a redesign? nope, not going to happen. They will just make the rest go back to the drawing board and try again.

I think if anything KTM will be another contender before the other Jap brands.

There are at least 2 or 3 articles floating around this forum alone with TRACK comparisons of the big 4 and one including a daytona and a 848. all of them rate the cbr's as best in class. The proof is in the pudding.

here are two that i found.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1511
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2118

Rider
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
There are at least 2 or 3 articles floating around this forum alone with TRACK comparisons of the big 4 and one including a daytona and a 848. all of them rate the cbr's as best in class. The proof is in the pudding.

here are two that i found.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1511
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2118

If you notice the Gix 600 had the fastest lap times for both riders.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 01:15 PM
If you notice the Gix 600 had the fastest lap times for both riders.

has more to do with the rider than the bike. even the track has a lot to do with it, if it was a long track with long straights that extra 2.7hp alone could count for the .11 lap time dif. FFS hutchs time from fastest to slowest were less than half a second.

They still picked the 600 overall, but I'd say the 600rr is at best equal in class to the other 600's. The r6 has the track advantage, IMO, considering technology.

Im a honda boy at heart, But im not brand loyal by choice; more by chance. I know pretty much every magazine article is biased and skewed, but it does say something when they consistantly pick one brand over the others regardless of unconstant variables like lap times and top speeds.

but still, i dont buy into hype, and i think the gsxr is the most overhyped brand name since Harley Davidson. its good, great even, but dayum there are 3 other brands out there that are just as good.

Rider
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
has more to do with the rider than the bike. They still picked the 600 overall.

I'd say the 600rr is at best equal in class to the other 600's. The r6 has the track advantage, IMO.

Im a honda boy at heart, But im not brand loyal by choice; more by chance. I know pretty much every magazine article is biased and skewed, but it does say something when they consistantly pick one brand over the others regardless of unconstant variables like lap times and top speeds.

but still, i dont buy into hype, and i think the gsxr is the most overhyped brand name since Harley Davidson. its good, great even, but dayum there are 3 other brands out there that are just as good.

Honestly if I was in the market for a 600, it would have been the RR followed closely by the R6. I'm by no means a suzuki fan boy, but when i see lap numbers, by 2 riders, of different skill level and they are BOTH turning out lap times faster on the gsxr than any other brand you have to wonder... I went with a gsxr because nobody else makes a 750 and I was pleasantly surprised at the smooth power and fantastic suspension.

The new 1000RR is growing on me and that black one with the repsol decals is fucking :drool: Better in the looks department than the GSXR1K.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
The new 1000RR is growing on me and that black one with the repsol decals is fucking :drool: Better in the looks department than the GSXR1K.

I've said it befoer and i'll say it again,Thats what i like most about it. Just about every half dozen years or so you start to see major changes in sport bikes. They've gone from fully faired, to partially faired with more angles and open parts. From large front ends w/ single head lights to dual lights (minus zukes, of course, but their front end is nothing like it used to be either). Banana seats to tiered seats. side exaust to undertails and gp styles. regular forks to inverted style. Carbed to FI. etc etc etc.

I'm really digging the more compact look of the front and back end on the cbr (it looks like they've decreased the overall lenth of the bodywork at least six inches on both ends) , seems to be the next direction bikes are going to start taking.

just look at the differences
With a lower center of gravity and the ergo's of the front end the 2008 just looks like it'd eat the 07 alive.
http://cdn-6.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/NewVehicles/2007_1_CBR1000RR_BlkMetGray.jpg
http://hondacbr1000.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/cbr1000rr.jpg

08-14-2008, 01:40 PM

I know suzuki has the goods the Gixx 1k is always a top runner in the open class but my personal opionion is that I dont like suzukis. I have heard about frame issues from them in the past and have heard no resolutions to those problems via recalls, transmission problems, my Suzuki has only 11k on it and its starting to consume oil and smoke. What kind of BS is that.

Rider
08-14-2008, 01:52 PM
I know suzuki has the goods the Gixx 1k is always a top runner in the open class but my personal opionion is that I dont like suzukis. I have heard about frame issues from them in the past and have heard no resolutions to those problems via recalls, transmission problems, my Suzuki has only 11k on it and its starting to consume oil and smoke. What kind of BS is that.

You do big wheelies? Bounce the tach of the rev limiter often?

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I have had 3 versions of the 1k and trust me they all were beat to death with nothing more than oil changes and fork seals put in them. With over 80,000 Suzuki liter bike miles under me they are in my opinion the best built bikes out there.

The first frame issue i heard of was the Busa in 2002 and that was addressed.

Other than that if I were looking for a new bike and couldnt for some reason find a 05-06 GSX-r I to would be looking at the CBR... But again it isn't all the hype it is made out to be. I thought it would be the hands down winner this year but it just isnt. not yet. but then what is in Suzuki's future? who knows but dont count on them not making a fair effort!

08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
You do big wheelies? Bounce the tach of the rev limiter often?

I do ocasional wheelies not big ones and not long ones and I don't bounce off the rev limiter or rev excessively.

Rider
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I do wheelies not big ones and I dont bounce off the rev limiter

Extended wheelis can rob the cyclinders of getting oil. Could have messed up your rings and they are now passing oil.

08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Extended wheelis can rob the cyclinders of getting oil. Could have messed up your rings and they are now passing oil.

I edited my post... I dont ride out wheelies for an extended period... It only smokes when the bike is reved. Someone told me that it looks like my valve seals are going.

the chi
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I have ridden both the 03 & 07 600RR, the 07 1000RR, 2005 GSXR600, and 2006 GSXR600 unknown year 750GSXR and the Stigs nakked newer model 1000GSXR and all are good bikes.

I have to say, based on my experiences the GSXR's are hands down the winner in overall comfort and performance. They are less prickly on power, have a good solid powerband across the board, are a more comfortable ride and their flickability.

Hondas are a more solid, clunkier feeling in balance bike with a tender touch needed in throttle control and a ride like sitting on a 2x4. The 1000RR i am currently playing with is like riding a bucking horse. The power is there, its a good solid bike, but taking twisty roads and curves it leaves some to be desired.

In the end, its all going to come down to user preference, but based on both technical specs and personal experience, I would ride a suzuki any day before a honda. I dont care if everyone and there brother rides one, I dont need to be that different and unlike alot of my fellow gsxr riders, i ride my bike like she deserves and was made for. No cruising the strip here dearhearts...

Ummm, further down you admit to popping wheelies. Sweetie, they were made to keep wheels on the ground, thats why theres 2 wheels. If you want to ride on one wheel, get a unicycle. Asking your bike to pop wheelies, even small and short ones is asking her to break down and have issues. I'm at almost 10k on mine and have never had an issue (other than me crashing her). Not trying to offend, just stating fact.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I ride 40% of the time on one wheel and even the 01 took all of it. Not bad for a "first year" model. And more times than not back in the day It would slam down so hard I thought I was going to bend the rim. That was back in the learning process and it has smoothed out a lot now but I still am rough on th bike. I would never think there was a frame issus with these bikes. Now Your valve guides could be that way from any number of things... like sitting stagnet all winter and in the condensation some rust formed or maybe an oil that didnt agree with them or maybe you had a valve tighten up and burn one to the point of scaring it a little. who knows. And a much easier fix than buying a new bike. Don't be scared to rip into that bad boy. When i Turboed out my 01 it needed a new head spacer gasket and I had to re-degree the cams with the adjustable cam sprocket I put on it. Not all that bad. Nice little Sat. afternoon project for a man of average skills and limited tools.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Ummm, further down you admit to popping wheelies. Sweetie, they were made to keep wheels on the ground, thats why theres 2 wheels. If you want to ride on one wheel, get a unicycle. Asking your bike to pop wheelies, even small and short ones is asking her to break down and have issues. I'm at almost 10k on mine and have never had an issue (other than me crashing her). Not trying to offend, just stating fact.

Bwhahahahahaha!

Sorry love, but where did you learn that? No they were designed to be RACED and in doing so, yes one wheel riding is fine! and is no more taxing on the bike than a hard start from a dead stop. How is it that your bike knows the difference from a wheelie and a large bump in the road?

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Bwhahahahahaha!

Sorry love, but where did you learn that? No they were designed to be RACED and in doing so, yes one wheel riding is fine! and is no more taxing on the bike than a hard start from a dead stop. How is it that your bike knows the difference from a wheelie and a large bump in the road?

or going uphill.....

sorry rae, but dudes got a point. doing 12 o'clocks and 80 mph standing wheelies is bad, especially when the oil travels to the back of the engine away from where it is supposed to be, but the oil doesnt need to constantly surround the moving parts to be doing its job. Its extended periods of time and extreme angles that hurt the engine when it comes to wheelies.

a regular run of the mill power wheelie isnt going to hurt the engine so much as it does the suspension, or other variables (like shaking debris into the fuel line, disconnecting electronics, undue stress).

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you thank you, I even believe you would have to be one bad dude to kill a motor doing a 12 o' clocker.

I do plenty of 80MPH stand ups and maybe 1 O'clock wheelies (ask drewpy) and again no loss of oil or problems on any of my bikes.

I would think that a very high wheelie for an extremely long amount of time at VERY high RPM's MIGHT cause something but not a soul on this board is in that zone that I know of. Not that it is that hard but just not very common.

These bikes are very Bullet proof and I am not concerned with how you broke it in because you have nothing on what I'm about to do to it when I buy it.

You have to be impressed if nothing more at how much these motors take. Its evident in how much you can stress them with a Turbo or high revs under full load for extended periods. I have taxed mine at WOT for at least a full 10 miles at a streach many times and nearly for 1.5 hours on the way back from the gap. This is a regular thing for my bikes and its not even close to what it can take.

If you have ever had your bike on a DYNO and stood there I bet you were shitting at the thought of what it is doing over there. Try 30 40 runs just to tune your turbo setup under full or near full boost! Now that and then riding it like you stole it is maybe "hard" on it but its a machine with no feelings and could care less that you use 90% of what it is made to do.

Just wait 10 years and see what we have.

the chi
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Bwhahahahahaha!

or going uphill.....

sorry rae, but dudes got a point. doing 12 o'clocks and 80 mph standing wheelies is bad, especially when the oil travels to the back of the engine away from where it is supposed to be, but the oil doesnt need to constantly surround the moving parts to be doing its job. Its extended periods of time and extreme angles that hurt the engine when it comes to wheelies.

a regular run of the mill power wheelie isnt going to hurt the engine so much as it does the suspension, or other variables (like shaking debris into the fuel line, disconnecting electronics, undue stress).

Guys, get a grip. The bikes are designed to have power and to lift when riding, but popping and slamming, draining the fluids while wheeling and constant forceful compression and whatnot is a different matter altogether, as is hitting bumps and what not. Nor did I mention anything regarding engines blowing from that.

I simply state that mistreating your bike and intentionally embarking on behaviors known to destroy the workings of a bike pretty much remove any valid reason you would have to complain about problems.

I.E. If i revved my bike up constantly just to peg it, slammed her around, etc, I would have no room to complain about engine issues or fork seals blowing, etc...

I have dynoed several times, it makes me cringe, but that would be why i let professionals handle that aspect...they are built to be ridden hard and ridden to the limit, but not to be mistreated. And VERY FEW people could ever ride a bike to its limit...unless you are a professional...

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I have a grip. but you exaggerated a bit. repeatedly abusing your bike and using it for something it wasnt intended will hurt your engine, yes. But doing some wheelies during regular riding will more than likely, like gunther said, have the same negative impact that doing such things as revving a cold engine or neglecting to change oil or brake pads, etc.

again, im talking about the engine, i already explained the effect wheelies can have on every other aspect of a bike. its the stress of the impact of comming down that does the most short term damage.

08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
It just puffs a little smoke when reved I was told that it smells like oil and I have yet to spend the time to look into this issue. But it just irritates me that this bike only has 11k on it and it seems like its shitting the bed. Maybe a valve adjustment might help it i dont know. I dont even think I want to put a dime into this bike because I dont really want it any more.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
It just puffs a little smoke when reved I was told that it smells like oil and I have yet to spend the time to look into this issue. But it just irritates me that this bike only has 11k on it and it seems like its shitting the bed. Maybe a valve adjustment might help it i dont know. I dont even think I want to put a dime into this bike because I dont really want it any more.

odds are you're just running a little rich. what color is the smoke?

the chi
08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
I have a grip. but you exaggerated a bit. repeatedly abusing your bike and using it for something it wasnt intended will hurt your engine, yes. But doing some wheelies during regular riding will more than likely, like gunther said, have the same negative impact that doing such things as revving a cold engine or neglecting to change oil or brake pads, etc.

again, im talking about the engine, i already explained the effect wheelies can have on every other aspect of a bike. its the stress of the impact of comming down that does the most short term damage.

When did i say anything about the engine? I was making a broad general point goob, not getting technical or into engine works...:?:

are you first owner? did you put all the miles on it? regular oil changes and services?

Lemme know if you sell it! :wink:

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
rae youre such a noob.

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
rae youre such a noob.

:falco1:

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 05:06 PM
:falco1:

Noob.

dReWpY
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
i needed this thread, its been a shitty day and i need a good laugh, n00b

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43267

Good review about 3 post in! and yes that is a bike on one wheel... = ) sorry RAE. I had to do it.

And your "only a professional can push it to the limits" line is pretty classic!

I'm sure you mean on a track where timed laps is concerned... Cause any retard like me can abuse a bike. I'm just saying they are pretty well built and at the revs they were designed you and I wouldn't live long. Just that I seem to be up in that neighbor hood more often than most. Well at least on the street cause on the track YES you would kick my ass I hope.

dReWpY
08-14-2008, 05:22 PM
i can vouch for him and his WOT riding style on the highway, :leaving:

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43267

Good review about 3 post in! and yes that is a bike on one wheel... = ) sorry RAE. I had to do it.

And your "only a professional can push it to the limits" line is pretty classic!

I'm sure you mean on a track where timed laps is concerned... Cause any retard like me can abuse a bike. I'm just saying they are pretty well built and at the revs they were designed you and I wouldn't live long. Just that I seem to be up in that neighbor hood more often than most. Well at least on the street cause on the track YES you would kick my ass I hope.

effin a guys, get real...

Rossi can ride a bike to its limits, Mladin, Spies, they can all do it.

Any asshole can abuse a bike. Intentionally abusing a bike is NOT riding it to any limit. Its abuse. Pure and simple.

Riding a bike to its limits is not abusing it, simply using it for its intended creation.

I dont give a fuck if you wheelie. I dont give a fuck if you stunt. I dont give a fuck about your bike.

I do take umbrage at complaining about shit breaking because of someones intentional misuse. AGAIN, that is NOT riding a bike to its limits.

fucking a...:deadhorse:

:welcome2:

:blah:

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
i needed this thread, its been a shitty day and i need a good laugh, n00b

n00b

08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
odds are you're just running a little rich. what color is the smoke?

it looks like its black which would indicate that its running a little fat and the exhaust tip is always carbed up with black soot residue but the other day when I was riding in a group someone commented on it and they said it looked and smelled of oil

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
These fucking Noobs....

:idk:

08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
are you first owner? did you put all the miles on it? regular oil changes and services?

Lemme know if you sell it! :wink:

Second owner I bought it with 2k on the clock.

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
hmmm, methinks someone forgets mod powers...

and the intended misuse that goes with..

now where did I put that ban button...

uh huh, love how you changed the "women" part...

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Second owner I bought it with 2k on the clock.

Have you pulled it apart yet to check for issues?

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
it looks like its black which would indicate that its running a little fat and the exhaust tip is always carbed up with black soot residue but the other day when I was riding in a group someone commented on it and they said it looked and smelled of oil

Shit dude, if your just blowing black smoke then Ya your just rich. I thought you were talking about plumes of whit/blue. Most maps do that shit at anything but WOT. I wouldnt worry, just play with your PC or get a new map burned.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 05:37 PM
hmmm, methinks someone forgets mod powers...

and the intended misuse that goes with..

now where did I put that ban button...

uh huh, love how you changed the "women" part...

lol, ya Its not your fault how you were born or my hate for the ones who have done me wrong..(I.E. I'm a woman hater!) I had to rethink where that one was seated...

08-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Shit dude, if your just blowing black smoke then Ya your just rich. I thought you were talking about plumes of whit/blue. Most maps do that shit at anything but WOT. I wouldnt worry, just play with your PC or get a new map burned.

thats the thing I dont have a PC.... I have a yoshi slip on and a K&N air filter thats it.

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:38 PM
lol, ya Its not your fault how you were born or my hate for the ones who have done me wrong.. I had to rethink where that one was seated...

Umm thanks I think...:wtf:

08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Have you pulled it apart yet to check for issues?

no i really havent looked into it yet. I dont even know where to start.

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:41 PM
no i really havent looked into it yet. I dont even know where to start.

ive got a buddy very experienced with the 750's, its his track bike, I will check with him this evening and see if he's got any input...

08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
ive got a buddy very experienced with the 750's, its his track bike, I will check with him this evening and see if he's got any input...

from what others observed when I rev it in neutral it puffs smoke when its reving down and its a puff of black smoke. I did notice when I did my last oil change it was a little low by like a .25 of a quart.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
My 2001 was the exact same (rich, Black tip) and I had a slip on and filter for years! It would puff black from day one. I bought it off the showroom with 0 miles and I think the earlier modeles were funny in the fueling. You dont need to buy A $300 PC get someone with a Yosh box or other tool to burn you a new mad to the ECU. its a lot cheaper and many tuners have them.

Now as for you....

"Rossi can ride a bike to its limits, Mladin, Spies, they can all do it.

Any asshole can abuse a bike. Intentionally abusing a bike is NOT riding it to any limit. Its abuse. Pure and simple.

Riding a bike to its limits is not abusing it, simply using it for its intended creation. "

You must be on crack to think these guys are not beating the piss out of those bikes... And no its not "OK" the way they ride them. And you would be surprized how FEW parts your bike shares with theres. You think they just roll a few off the showroom floor and say "hey guys lets go race these shiny new bikes!" um.... no. Test tune test some more redesign test test break redesign... Ah ha! that works, Now how can we make it for 300,000 people to buy. I know lets make it slightly cheaper... but still reliable for the piss ant squids... This is the part that impresses me.

08-14-2008, 05:50 PM
as far as i kow its always puffed a little black smoke and has always had the soot residue on the pipe but when someone said it seemed like it was burning oil it got me motivated to really get rid of this thing before it blows up

the chi
08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
My 2001 was the exact same (rich, Black tip) and I had a slip on and filter for years! It would puff black from day one. I bought it off the showroom with 0 miles and I think the earlier modeles were funny in the fueling. You dont need to buy A $300 PC get someone with a Yosh box or other tool to burn you a new mad to the ECU. its a lot cheaper and many tuners have them.

Now as for you....

"Rossi can ride a bike to its limits, Mladin, Spies, they can all do it.

Riding a bike to its limits is not abusing it, simply using it for its intended creation. "

You must be on crack to thing these guys are not beating the piss out of those bikes... And no its not "OK" the way they ride them. Any you would be surprized how FEW parts your bike shares with theres. You think they just roll a few off the showroom floor and say "hey guys lets go race these shiny new bikes!" um.... no. Test tune test some more redesign test test break redesign... Ah ha! that works, Now how can we make it for 300,000 people to buy. I know lets make it slightly cheaper... but still reliable for the piss ant squids...

Ya know, before you argue with me, you should maybe get to know me. You must be new if you think I dont know this shit.

I am fully aware that those bikes share VERY little in common with a bike straight off the showroom floor. Jesus christ, what self respecting race follower and track rider DOESNT??!!

Heres an amusing tidbit, when Team Jordan requested some of these "special" parts, Mike Jordan was informed he didnt have the MONEY to purchase this stuff.

So yeah, not stock bikes, OMG for real? They're racing jacked up superbikes??!! Are you serious??!! Here i was thinking they had one just like me...

However, their bikes are made to be ridden as hard as they ride them AND they have the skills to take a showroom floor bike and ride it to the limit. A good WERA or CCS racer can most likely do the same. But you? I? Joe Blow from off the street? No. Not in a hundred years.

And riding a bike the way it was designed is not abuse. Race bikes and street bikes have TONS more potential than any street rider will ever be able to use. I dont know where you are getting that from... :idk:

Stoppies, wheelies, stunting in general? Thats not what the bikes were designed for. A stunt bike, yes, its been modded to be that way. A regular run of the mill, stock bike, no. You cant even argue that stunting is what Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha had in mind when they designed these bikes.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Ya know, before you argue with me, you should maybe get to know me. You must be new if you think I dont know this shit.

I am fully aware that those bikes share VERY little in common with a bike straight off the showroom floor. Jesus christ, what self respecting race follower and track rider DOESNT??!!

Heres an amusing tidbit, when Team Jordan requested some of these "special" parts, Mike Jordan was informed he didnt have the MONEY to purchase this stuff.

So yeah, not stock bikes, OMG for real? They're racing jacked up superbikes??!! Are you serious??!! Here i was thinking they had one just like me...

However, their bikes are made to be ridden as hard as they ride them AND they have the skills to take a showroom floor bike and ride it to the limit. A good WERA or CCS racer can most likely do the same. But you? I? Joe Blow from off the street? No. Not in a hundred years.

And riding a bike the way it was designed is not abuse. Race bikes and street bikes have TONS more potential than any street rider will ever be able to use. I dont know where you are getting that from... :idk:

Stoppies, wheelies, stunting in general? Thats not what the bikes were designed for. A stunt bike, yes, its been modded to be that way. A regular run of the mill, stock bike, no. You cant even argue that stunting is what Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha had in mind when they designed these bikes.

lol, the only parts required to "mod" a stunt bike are rashed plastics, a dinner plate sprocket, and a crash cage. boom, done. anything you add to a stunt bike only DECREASES its rideability.

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 07:29 PM
WOW

Rae, You are the one who brought up the whole "Matt maladin" aspect...

Um, do you feel better now super trackday girl?

Wow. Relax... I was bored at work giving you a hard time. You don't seem like a simple minded person, well untill that last thrashing about in your attempt to "Stick it to the Squid, wheelie,Stoppie guy" Which by the way I'm not.

But again, I hope you are ok now?

Leave it at that or we can continue, Its just well I'm home now and wont be back on till Work rolls around tomorrow.

So Good Night Honey!

Smoooooch!

NONE_too_SOFT
08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/unicorn-rainbow.jpg
http://www.bunchofnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/BunniesYawn.jpg
http://scotthaefner.com/surface/gallery/fullsize/sunflowers.jpg
http://schizoidman.com/images/stories/clouds_heart.jpg

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
as far as i kow its always puffed a little black smoke and has always had the soot residue on the pipe but when someone said it seemed like it was burning oil it got me motivated to really get rid of this thing before it blows up

How did you suck all the oil out of the filter? Cause if there was only .25 of a quart short on your change.... Your not burning oil. In fact if your not having to add oil your fine.

Please don't rush out on a whime to sell this bike for pennys on the dollar just to "get rid" of it. I believe your going to be ok... Even if in the far away chance you do need some head work WHICH I DONT THINK YOU WILL.

Map it or just ride it please... I beg of you.

08-14-2008, 08:37 PM
How did you suck all the oil out of the filter? Cause if there was only .25 of a quart short on your change.... Your not burning oil. In fact if your not having to add oil your fine.

Please don't rush out on a whime to sell this bike for pennys on the dollar just to "get rid" of it. I believe your going to be ok... Even if in the far away chance you do need some head work WHICH I DONT THINK YOU WILL.

thats not why i think it... it was coming to the time to do an oil change and i was checking the fluids like i always do and the levels were in between low and full which is close to a .25 quart. I have my eye on the oil on this bike every time its not running now.

the chi
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Gunther, we are going to have to just let it go. You arent seeing what I am saying and only taking from it what you want to pick at apparently because you are bored and like to argue. Do your thing. Like I said, I dont care what you do nor did i call you "that stunter guy" or whatnot, you name and classify yourself all on your own. :dthumb:

NtS, love the pegasus picture, very cute, altho your use of bunnies frightens me... :lol:

I gotta agree with "stunter man" on this one. He's right. I checked with my buddy, The Stig, a sometimes poster here and my bike idol/guru person:

Black tip and a bit of smoke = likely running too rich, worst case scenario the valve guides may be worn causing the problems you are having. Fill your oil up, keep an eye on it and determine if you are actually going thru it and having to refill. As long as you arent having actual mechanical or electrical issues, you should be able to take care of this with a minimum of effort and cost.

Now, if ya wanna sell, lemme know, I need a track bike...:lol: J/k

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
I suck.... You rock RAE and guy with the 750.... Yup you better sell that Hand Gernade! Its about to blow...:sign:

Trip
08-15-2008, 10:08 AM
wow, just wow....

I haven't really heard of stand up issues from the I4s as far as wheeling them til they pop. The twins especially SV is very prone to that and a member of this forum has done it. If I remember correct R1upon1 wheelied his SV to death. Those motors are bulletproof otherwise.

Dnyce
08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
750's are supposed to have the valves checked/adjusted at 15k-nothin to do with your oil really, just a heads up.

your bike sounds rich-although with a k&n filter and a slip on, seems it should have gotten leaner, not richer. did u check the plugs? you say u dont have a pc, how bout u tune it with the plugs, old skool. mite wana try a hotter or colder plug, more or less gap. cant really tell ya without seeing the ones u got in there. hell, u mite just need new plugs, when the last time u changed em?

why is bouncin a street bike off the rev limiter bad? the whole point of a rev limiter is to prevent the engine from revving hi enough to cause the valves to float and possibly slap the pistons.

assuming u bought a kit, why in the fuck did it take 30-40 full pulls on a dyno to tune your turbo? were u constantly changing shit, searching for more power?

when it comes to the engine-abuse, ridin it to its limit=same thing. whether you're flying down the front straight shiftin at redline, or redlinin it thru the gears doin a wheelie, the engine only knows its at 14k, or whatever your redline is.

i4 engines sound nasty when they are oil starved. they scream. literally. its not a unnoticed sound.

that being said, the front end on the new rr's=ugly. ugly in pics, ugly in person, ugly at the track(u dont notice it cuz its got no lights in track gear, so it only tolerable) and ugly on the street. the rest of it looks sweet tho. short tail makes it looked stretched. i love that about it.

cant beat the r1 nose in looks dept, but 848/1098, and daytona 675 come damn close.

go demo one-U like it, U buy it. who gives a fuck what we think anyway lol

if u really are burning oil, it could easily be from starting it up cold and riding off cold everyday. 11k miles of doin that mite cause u to burn alil oil eventually.

08-15-2008, 11:44 PM
750's are supposed to have the valves checked/adjusted at 15k-nothin to do with your oil really, just a heads up.

your bike sounds rich-although with a k&n filter and a slip on, seems it should have gotten leaner, not richer. did u check the plugs? you say u dont have a pc, how bout u tune it with the plugs, old skool. mite wana try a hotter or colder plug, more or less gap. cant really tell ya without seeing the ones u got in there. hell, u mite just need new plugs, when the last time u changed em?

why is bouncin a street bike off the rev limiter bad? the whole point of a rev limiter is to prevent the engine from revving hi enough to cause the valves to float and possibly slap the pistons.

assuming u bought a kit, why in the fuck did it take 30-40 full pulls on a dyno to tune your turbo? were u constantly changing shit, searching for more power?

when it comes to the engine-abuse, ridin it to its limit=same thing. whether you're flying down the front straight shiftin at redline, or redlinin it thru the gears doin a wheelie, the engine only knows its at 14k, or whatever your redline is.

i4 engines sound nasty when they are oil starved. they scream. literally. its not a unnoticed sound.

that being said, the front end on the new rr's=ugly. ugly in pics, ugly in person, ugly at the track(u dont notice it cuz its got no lights in track gear, so it only tolerable) and ugly on the street. the rest of it looks sweet tho. short tail makes it looked stretched. i love that about it.

cant beat the r1 nose in looks dept, but 848/1098, and daytona 675 come damn close.

go demo one-U like it, U buy it. who gives a fuck what we think anyway lol

if u really are burning oil, it could easily be from starting it up cold and riding off cold everyday. 11k miles of doin that mite cause u to burn alil oil eventually.

I havent checked the plugs yet thats what I am going to do soon.