View Full Version : Hurricane Issac

Trip
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I got some family trying to ride it out.

This is a 25 ft levee.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6062/30844745287323758281868.jpg

azoomm
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Wow, that sucks. Hope everything turns out alright.

I won't ask the obvious question about living below sea level....

Trip
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
I won't ask the obvious question about living below sea level....

It's home, someone people will go through a lot of shit to stay where they are from...kinda like the tornado alley people.

azoomm
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
It's home, someone people will go through a lot of shit to stay where they are from...kinda like the tornado alley people.

Yeah, I know. *shrug*

tommymac
08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Saw that one levy has overflowed already causing some flooding. Not sure how the others are holding up.

Now I am bracing for the obvious price gouging of gas up here

Dave
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Tits or it didn't happen

RACER X
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
"Houston" has agreed to shelter NOLA pets, but not the people...

also just found out katrina people are still getting FEMA $

tommymac
08-29-2012, 11:40 AM

also just found out katrina people are still getting FEMA $

you dont want any new neighbors again :lol:

Trip
08-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Saw that one levy has overflowed already causing some flooding. Not sure how the others are holding up.

That was across the river from my family. Where my family is is just getting wind and rain. Looks like they might make it through fine. Heard one got a hole in the roof from flying debris and is getting rain damage though.

You were suppose to keep them. LOL... Fuckers found their way back.

tommymac
08-29-2012, 01:16 PM
That was across the river from my family. Where my family is is just getting wind and rain. Looks like they might make it through fine. Heard one got a hole in the roof from flying debris and is getting rain damage though.

You were suppose to keep them. LOL... Fuckers found their way back.

gangland had a show about some of the gangbangers from NO and how the laws were tougher in texas so they went back :lol: guess you guys are stuck with em

Trip
08-29-2012, 01:23 PM
gangland had a show about some of the gangbangers from NO and how the laws were tougher in texas so they went back :lol: guess you guys are stuck with em

Well considering the cops in LA are just as much of a gang as the gangs, good laws don't really matter.

derf
08-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Gas in MD jumped $.25 since sunday

My boss is in Mississippi right now and he was kicked out of his hotel because it flooded through the first floor. I was supposed to be there this trip but took vacation last week so he went instead.

Talked to ebbs last night and his biggest problem is that he didnt go food shopping and everything closed early yesterday

Trip
08-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Talked to ebbs last night and his biggest problem is that he didnt go food shopping and everything closed early yesterday

LOL, newbie hurricane victim. This isn't like pissy ass snow storms where you can avoid stores people are rushing to buy milk and bread. You actually do need to get food/water/supplies.

It's good he got the full gulf coast experience before he takes off for inland.