PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP in Austin

azoomm
12-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Anyone planning on coming? I was thinking about getting a block of rooms at a decent place if y'all are planning on making the trip.

I have my track that weekend - I'd be happy to have a party to go with the party.

shmike
12-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Thinking about it.

How far is your track? From COTA?

What do you mean "have your track"? Are you going to running an event or just using the facilities there?

Trip
12-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Debating it as well

azoomm
12-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Thinking about it.

How far is your track? From COTA?

What do you mean "have your track"? Are you going to running an event or just using the facilities there?

Harris Hill Raceway
San Marcos, Texas.
20 minutes South of COTA

I am their motorcycle division. The race falls on a day that I would normally have the afternoon. So, I was going to trade for a different date.

Dnyce
12-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm trying to get another stint in San Antonio, with my bike this time, if so I'd be down.

Porkchop
12-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I really want to. If i get situated with a new job and have some vacation, definitely. Riding down? Hmmmmm......

racedoll
12-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Would love to come down but not sure I'll be able to get away during this time.

Cutty72
12-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Just be finishing up my MOSQ, on the wrong side of the country.

Krypt Keeper
12-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Have tickets already..

so damn excited...

Krabill
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
We've got a pretty nice size group coming down from Tulsa for the race. Did I hear party?

shmike
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Damn, I thought Zoomie had come back.

I'd like to hear her input on the Schwantz debacle.

I'm not going to go this year either way but I'm really disappointed to see the track turn into such a douchefest.

azoomm
03-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Damn, I thought Zoomie had come back.

I'd like to hear her input on the Schwantz debacle.

I'm not going to go this year either way but I'm really disappointed to see the track turn into such a douchefest.

Kevin is more than a local hero, Kevin helped them build that track, secure funding for the track and brought them MotoGP. For them to treat him this way has left a lot of people speechless. Now, a lot of the legends aren't coming because of how they have treated KS. It's all really unfortunate.

On the other local side, a bunch of us locals have started a wave of support. www.freekevin34.com It's the official fan club support for Kevin. He can't "officially" do anything, but he can laugh at what his fan-club does. "those crazy fan's" filling the race with number 34 is the best way to support him. I mean, we can't ask that people boycott the race after they have individually already spent the money. But, to wear anything #34 is the way to go.

I love the man. And, the fact that he doesn't want the proceeds - he wants all money to go toward SIC's foundation. Which, it will.

HokieDNA01
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
I have been wanting to visit Austin for quite a while. Can't think of a better excuse!

Trip
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Kevin is more than a local hero, Kevin helped them build that track, secure funding for the track and brought them MotoGP. For them to treat him this way has left a lot of people speechless. Now, a lot of the legends aren't coming because of how they have treated KS. It's all really unfortunate.

On the other local side, a bunch of us locals have started a wave of support. www.freekevin34.com It's the official fan club support for Kevin. He can't "officially" do anything, but he can laugh at what his fan-club does. "those crazy fan's" filling the race with number 34 is the best way to support him. I mean, we can't ask that people boycott the race after they have individually already spent the money. But, to wear anything #34 is the way to go.

I love the man. And, the fact that he doesn't want the proceeds - he wants all money to go toward SIC's foundation. Which, it will.

I'll boycott the race for you guys. :lol:

azoomm
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM

Way to take one for the team.

Cutty72
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM

Me too.