PDA

View Full Version : Race suit price...

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 02:33 PM
What do you guys think about a AGV One piece for $300 shipped to me?

Claims its like new and its a 46. I'm 6'2" and about 190 it should fit good I think.

They world of ebay has a few that have went for cheeper but of course I missed them. Should i just suck it up and say deal or hold out for something better?

Tough call, What do you think...

:idk:

dReWpY
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
check yo pm's i found a yellow suit for 200 bucks, but tis in nj

Rider
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
What brand? You can get some brand new suits on closeout from www.sportbiketrackgear.com for 3 bills.

the chi
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
sounds like a darn good deal to me...check it out at a retailers site first tho.

but wait, what does a stunter want with a leather suit? :wink:

Teasing ya...are the pics good enough to tell its "like new"?

Trip
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Get a two piece, you will thank me later.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Ya know I have been thinking about this and there is a two piece On ebay im watching that ends about noon Sat. So i'm going to hold out till then and see how it goes I think. I told this guy to do what he needs to if something comes up between now and then. The ebay 2-piece is around $100 now and is NWT.

RAE, I miss you and would like to say that even a stunna needs his butt to look smooth when riding naked with the ladies...

Drewpy, I did see that but you know I gotta keep my color scheme together for the fans!

the chi
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Ya know I have been thinking about this and there is a two piece On ebay im watching that ends about noon Sat. So i'm going to hold out till then and see how it goes I think. I told this guy to do what he needs to if something comes up between now and then. The ebay 2-piece is around $100 now and is NWT.

RAE, I miss you and would like to say that even a stunna needs his butt to look smooth when riding naked with the ladies...

Drewpy, I did see that but you know I gotta keep my color scheme together for the fans!

Miss me, sweetie you aint even met me yet!! :lol: I know youre dying for that day tho...

Chicks dig scars, gear is overrated, dont ya know! :wink:

And i have to say, depending on where your at, the 1 pieces are okay, and you can always bungee them around the waist so you cant walk around topless, but the 2 piece is way more comfortable... less sweaty leather dances too...

t-homo
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I got my Teknic brand new for 300. And yes, you want a two piece. My one piece is great until we stop and it unzip it and fold it down into a skirt.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I got my Teknic brand new for 300. And yes, you want a two piece. My one piece is great until we stop and it unzip it and fold it down into a skirt.

I've seen this done and ya, Its not for me... I would rather just take off the jacket to show the masive muscles and possible wife beater that is standard issue at Squids -R-us.

And Rae, I have been down plenty and have the scars... Back when you were still a toddler im sure.

Trip
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Unless you are racing, a one piece is unnecessary. Track days and general street riding, comfort is more important and my 1 piece is not comfortable at all when you stop riding. Especially when you stop to eat somewhere.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Unless you are racing, a one piece is unnecessary. Track days and general street riding, comfort is more important and my 1 piece is not comfortable at all when you stop riding. Especially when you stop to eat somewhere.

Trip, I really must thank you for the new found Avatar.

I stare at it most of the day...:drool: I remember having one of those at home... those were the days my son!

the chi
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM

But your so damn cute walkin round in your leather skirt trip! knocking things off walls n such...

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
But your so damn cute walkin round in your leather skirt trip! knocking things off walls n such...

I'm cute doing just about anything honey...

Rider
08-15-2008, 03:07 PM
If you dont mind a 2 piece you can get a Teknic Chicane from new enough for $275... it's blue though but for that price..... who cares.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 03:11 PM
If you dont mind a 2 piece you can get a Teknic Chicane from new enough for $275... it's blue though but for that price..... who cares.

I think thats who is selling the one im watching now...

But its Black and silver. Looks good to me.

Trip
08-15-2008, 03:21 PM

I am clumsy no matter what I wear

the chi
08-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm cute doing just about anything honey...

bwahahahaha...thats funny...im glad you have such a healthy sense of yourself...mmmhmmm, perhaps our resident pitcher and catcher team can confirm! :lol:

I am clumsy no matter what I wear

It just makes you that much more adorable dear...and fun to laugh at...:wink:

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh, I'm sure they can tell you all about the little man on man on man slumber party we had a few weeks ago... nothing but knees and elbows everywhere.

dReWpY
08-15-2008, 04:36 PM
... :leaving:.... wtf.... that is all

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Ya, I know! i've been sitting here crouched and waiting...

the chi
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Ya, I know! i've been sitting here crouched and waiting...

Waiting for what beautiful? Damn you got a purty mouth...nose is a bit on the large side tho...

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Waiting for what beautiful? Damn you got a purty mouth...nose is a bit on the large side tho...

Nah, That nose is perfect...

I've been waiting for you my Dear! Or someone to stimulate me... Mentaly that is. (did I just say Men tally?)

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 04:45 PM

That Mouth is all Glitery... As are the Eyes...

the chi
08-15-2008, 04:52 PM
its called sweat and lip gloss...:lol:

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 05:02 PM
MMMMM yummy!

NONE_too_SOFT
08-15-2008, 05:05 PM

word. Unless you live somewhere where you will need to wear full leathers all the time, IE next door to a track or near deals gap, then fuck a one piece.

I friggin love my 2 piece, even after i've rashed the logos off the left side... twice.

Trip
08-15-2008, 05:09 PM
word. Unless you live somewhere where you will need to wear full leathers all the time, IE next door to a track or near deals gap, then fuck a one piece.

I friggin love my 2 piece, even after i've rashed the logos off the left side... twice.

I wouldn't buy a one piece again and I live next to deals gap.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I will have to take the advice of my sinsay (sp) Trip and go with the 2 parter... I do like the look of them more. Less Captin America/Spiderman.. And it will more than likely look as if I'm smuggeling Plum's in most. Given my towering stature....

NONE_too_SOFT
08-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I will have to take the advice of my sinsay (sp) Trip and go with the 2 parter... I do like the look of them more. Less Captin America/Spiderman.. And it will more than likely look as if I'm smuggeling Plum's in most. Given my towering stature....

its SO nice being able to just zip the pants on when you need em.

DLIT
08-15-2008, 09:01 PM
F 2-pieces.

Gunther1000
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
F 2-pieces.

Oh really! Why so? I have heard so much good about them...

zortness
08-16-2008, 12:42 AM
2-piece suits don't stretch as much in the back (at least any that I've ever seen), so you'll probably lose some mobility there. Just remember, you get what you pay for with suits, read some reviews in a racing forum to see which ones actually hold up better in a crash. Make sure the suit fits as tight as possible, you don't want it moving around against your skin when you come off.

t-homo
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Sorry to threadjack, but what kind of knee pucks do you guys use? I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but figure I will get some pucks just so the suit looks complete. Hopefully I will get my knee down soon and they will actually be used.

DLIT
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh really! Why so? I have heard so much good about them...

Maybe they're OK for street riding so you can take the jacket off, but it's pretty much what Zort mentioned above. The 1-piece may hold up in a wreck that the 2-piece might not fair so well because of the zipper connecting the 2 pieces. And you can always take the top half off of the 1-piece and relax.

Sorry to threadjack, but what kind of knee pucks do you guys use? I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but figure I will get some pucks just so the suit looks complete. Hopefully I will get my knee down soon and they will actually be used.

Just get any name brand pucks from newenough.com or something. Just get the cheapest, you'll be aight.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe they're OK for street riding so you can take the jacket off, but it's pretty much what Zort mentioned above. The 1-piece may hold up in a wreck that the 2-piece might not fair so well because of the zipper connecting the 2 pieces. And you can always take the top half off of the 1-piece and relax.

Just get any name brand pucks from newenough.com or something. Just get the cheapest, you'll be aight.

You're talking about a very small percentage of wrecks. and like i said, if you're going to the track enough to warrent it, go ahead and pick up a one piece. For 1 or two TD's a year, i donno. I plan on hitting the track a lot in the next year or so, and down the road i'm sure i'll pick up a one piece that fits a little better.

Best bet? get 2 suits.

dReWpY
08-16-2008, 01:01 PM
You're talking about a very small percentage of wrecks. and like i said, if you're going to the track enough to warrent it, go ahead and pick up a one piece. For 1 or two TD's a year, i donno. I plan on hitting the track a lot in the next year or so, and down the road i'm sure i'll pick up a one piece that fits a little better.

Best bet? get 2 suits.

word

Gunther1000
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys, I really need to get to a freaking shop to try one on... I'm 6'2-3" and about 190 so im not sure what size will work out best and im sure they vary...46-50 range?

NONE_too_SOFT
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys, I really need to get to a freaking shop to try one on... I'm 6'2-3" and about 190 so im not sure what size will work out best and im sure they vary...46-50 range?

ya you're probably in the right range. although a 46 is gonna be small on you for sure.

Trip
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.

trips got a point. Its a good idea to stay with the name brands, as they've been tried and tested, but there are deals to be had out there. I got my JR gpx off of audiomechanic, a member on here who rides a magna now. Picked it up w/ gloves and boots for 300, that was a steal (thx again, btw audio). It was practically new... cept for some reason he let his cat claw the back of it. It's been through 2 mediocre lowsides and is no worse for wear, just the logos on the arms are a little scraped.

dReWpY
08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
i have had good luck with the agv, just the zippers are junk, that might have nothing to do with me being... not small though

NONE_too_SOFT
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
i have had good luck with the agv, just the zippers are junk, that might have nothing to do with me being... not small though

lol so true. when I go down i dont have a lot of weight getting thrown around in there.

DLIT
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
The title of the thread is race suit. How many racers do you know that wear a 2-piece?

Trip
08-16-2008, 01:16 PM
The title of the thread is race suit. How many racers do you know that wear a 2-piece?

We changed his mind because he isn't racing.

DLIT
08-16-2008, 01:17 PM
We changed his mind because he isn't racing.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Gunther1000
08-16-2008, 01:26 PM
ok so, I just missed this one but its probably for the better... To small I think. But all in All I would have bought it and resold the pants.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380053046922

And this is what I may now buy... What ya think?

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/791984496.html

DLIT
08-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Is there a place where you can go and try stuff on, maybe a Cycle gear or some shit?

Gunther1000
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Im going to have to do just that.

FT BSTRD
08-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Cycle gear usually has exactly jack squat in the store.

There is usually more at the Honda shop in Murfreesboro.

Mr Lefty
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
that reminds me to try on a couple suits when I'm in the states... I'm about your build Gunther... 6'3 195 soaking wet... and all the suits that are my size uptop... are like 3 sizes short in the legs...

Cutty72
08-16-2008, 11:01 PM
that reminds me to try on a couple suits when I'm in the states... I'm about your build Gunther... 6'3 195 soaking wet... and all the suits that are my size uptop... are like 3 sizes short in the legs...

Don't try to find a shop in ND.. just an FYI.

ceo012384
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
My suit was 50 bucks :D

Mr Lefty
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah I was think'n when i was in FL for a couple days with Rae... or up in Knoxville... or maybe around Indy.:idk:

the chi
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Hmm, we might find something for you to try on, a few shops around here within an hour or so drive may have something...

but with you freakishly tall folks, :idk: I dunno, might not be able to find anything to try on at a shop...:lol:

In regards to AGV, i know several people who wear them, who have also wrecked in them and they held up as well as any other brand. Meaning, it all depends on the situation and the state of the gear as to how it will hold up.

Mr Lefty
08-16-2008, 11:34 PM
well true... they won't have my size at the miget motorcycle shop's you shop at...

DLIT
08-17-2008, 03:29 AM
One thing to understand is that a suit may give you male camel toe but once you sit on your bike in the riding position it holds the boys up nicely and won't/shouldn't bother you.

My suit was 50 bucks :D

That's what your mom charges.

the chi
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
DLit's right, race suits were made to be worn on the bike, not to walk around in. Kinda like race boots. You should be rather hunched over if your suit is properly fitted, but once on the bike you wont even notice.