PDA

View Full Version : How many miles this year on your bike?

'73 H1 Triple
12-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I'll probably win with the lowest mileage. I moved my ZR1100 out of the garage twice so about 40 feet is it for this year.

Tore a tendon off in my shoulder in the beginning of March, surgery in May and just had surgery again Nov 22 .

Next year :rockwoot:

How many miles and any great experiences you want to share?

Cutty72
12-02-2013, 03:09 PM
With a lot of rainy days while I was in TN, an even later spring here at home, and then OCS during the peak riding season, I didn't get much. Probably around 3k.
It was awesome getting to the Gap for the first time, as well as all the other TN roads I hit.

Porkchop
12-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I have about 4,500 miles this year. And that's with my friend having the bike for the last month and a half too.

No Worries
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Mounted Avon tires and they are terrific. Over 6K miles. Mounted a video camera early this year and made 134 videos. With snow and an Arctic blast coming in tomorrow, that might be the end of riding this year.

'73 H1 Triple
12-02-2013, 10:26 PM
With a lot of rainy days while I was in TN, an even later spring here at home, and then OCS during the peak riding season, I didn't get much. Probably around 3k.
It was awesome getting to the Gap for the first time, as well as all the other TN roads I hit.

The Gap is on my bucket list. The triple forums guys go for a week in May ( iirc)

I have about 4,500 miles this year. And that's with my friend having the bike for the last month and a half too.

Nice of you to lend out a bike

Mounted Avon tires and they are terrific. Over 6K miles. Mounted a video camera early this year and made 134 videos. With snow and an Arctic blast coming in tomorrow, that might be the end of riding this year.

I saw a few of your videos, it helped with being stuck with four wheels

Porkchop
12-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Nice of you to lend out a bike

He needed to take a trip and I needed the money. I haven't quite told many people that I was laid off in February and took a crappy sales job to pay the bills until I find a real job. Nothing has come through yet.... :no:

As long as he has the bike he is making the monthly payments, and we both have full coverage ins on it. Plus he's been riding for years, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

'73 H1 Triple
12-02-2013, 11:25 PM
He needed to take a trip and I needed the money. I haven't quite told many people that I was laid off in February and took a crappy sales job to pay the bills until I find a real job. Nothing has come through yet.... :no:

As long as he has the bike he is making the monthly payments, and we both have full coverage ins on it. Plus he's been riding for years, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

Sounds like it benefits both of you. Hopefully you can find something decent soon job wise :beers:

Turbo Ghost
12-03-2013, 06:29 AM
It's been a pretty slow year for me. I don't even know if I have 2k on it. I miss the old (single) days. The first 9 months I had my first Virago, I put 21,000 miles on it! I haven't done that kind of mileage in a long time. Next year will be better! I've got a Route 66 trip in June-July so, that will be a good 5k or more I can count on!

pauldun170
12-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I think I put on about 4-5K on it.
Not really sure since I rarely have the mileage displayed. I always leave it on Trip A to track MPG and how I should plan out my gas stops.
So yeah...I put a bunch of 150 mile trips on the bike this weekend.

marko138
12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Less than 100 miles. She'll be up for sale in the spring.

Particle Man
12-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Only about 5k miles. A new kid will reduce riding time.

pauldun170
12-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Only about 5k miles. A new kid will reduce riding time.

Your first or an addition to an existing collection?
Belated Congrats!

Archren
12-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I haven't kept track, but I'm willing to bet I've put less than 200 miles on the bike this year, primarily since I live so close to work (like, walking distance) that there's no point in riding the bike to the office. And then with kids and school (about to start my 4th year.. assignments are getting tougher and more time intensive.. but hopefully should finish my BFA by this time next year), most of my free time is shot.

Gas Man
12-04-2013, 07:31 AM

How much?

For me I did about 5k. I was all set to do my desired 8k-10k but hitting a deer with the bike and breaking my hand kinda derailed that.

CasterTroy
12-04-2013, 10:43 AM
780 on the dirtbikes. Considering what we ride on a given weekend (600ft elevation change single track woods) that's quite a bit

only 950 on the road....but that's because I just got the street bike in October, and MOST of November was rain

marko138
12-04-2013, 11:00 AM
How much?

For me I did about 5k. I was all set to do my desired 8k-10k but hitting a deer with the bike and breaking my hand kinda derailed that.
Dont know yet.

OneSickPsycho
12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
~1k.

JoJoYZF
12-05-2013, 10:45 PM

I was probably about 400-500 and mine is going up in the spring as well.

derf
12-06-2013, 01:41 AM
I put 2k on the CBR before I sold it, the klr has another 2500 this year and I put just over 3k on the Harley

Archen, I'm with you, I live 2 miles from work so the only time I ride the bike is when I plan to ride right after. Plus working on my 4th year college work takes a lot of time

dReWpY
12-06-2013, 04:39 AM
6k I think

Trip
12-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I'll probably win with the lowest mileage. I moved my ZR1100 out of the garage twice so about 40 feet is it for this year.

Tore a tendon off in my shoulder in the beginning of March, surgery in May and just had surgery again Nov 22 .

Next year :rockwoot:

How many miles and any great experiences you want to share?

Fuck you beat me. I think I rode to work twice this year. That's all the miles I have on any bike this year.

Fiddy may be sold this weekend.

I really need a moto trip next year. My hand is fully healed, just haven't had the desire to ride.

G-Rex
12-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I managed about 10k this year, pretty evenly split between the BMW and the Hayabusa. The TLR didn't leave the garage. :td:

Next year might be one for the books though. I'm thinkin' about a western European tour.

Along with that, I'm also contemplating if I realllllllly want to go to Prudhoe Bay again. I'm thinking about it anyway. Now that I have Dalton experience, I want to go do it again now that I know what to expect. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Cutty72
12-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Damn, by the sounds of it this forum should soon be called "used to get a two wheel fix"
:lol:

dReWpY
12-06-2013, 10:38 PM
We haven't had a huge influx of new riders in awhile.

Archren
12-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Damn, by the sounds of it this forum should soon be called "used to get a two wheel fix"
:lol:

Right? :lol: I've considered selling the 1098 because I feel so guilty for never riding it. But then I think about the potential for it to end up in the hands of an idiot rider that will wad it within a month of owning it, and I decide it's better off safe and sound in my garage. I figure once my school commitment starts winding down, I'll have more free time to start riding on a regular basis again.

RedRider2k2
12-08-2013, 01:57 PM
~5,000 miles on the 12R
~1,900 miles on the KLX. 50/50 on and off road. (Owned it for about 2.5 Months before going away for the Winter)
~600 Miles on the 250R (GF put another 2,500 or so on it)

Cutty72
12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Right? :lol: I've considered selling the 1098 because I feel so guilty for never riding it. But then I think about the potential for it to end up in the hands of an idiot rider that will wad it within a month of owning it, and I decide it's better off safe and sound in my garage. I figure once my school commitment starts winding down, I'll have more free time to start riding on a regular basis again.

$100, delivered.

Archren
12-09-2013, 02:23 PM
$100, delivered.

Hahahahaha... nope.

azoomm
12-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I managed about 10k this year, pretty evenly split between the BMW and the Hayabusa. The TLR didn't leave the garage. :td:

Next year might be one for the books though. I'm thinkin' about a western European tour.

Along with that, I'm also contemplating if I realllllllly want to go to Prudhoe Bay again. I'm thinking about it anyway. Now that I have Dalton experience, I want to go do it again now that I know what to expect. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm with you at about 11K between bikes.

I followed your Alaska trip, and can't believe you want to do it again. Same bike?

Cari, I'd be happy to put miles on your bike for you. Hell we should probably just plan a weekend where you ride it to my place and stay for the weekend riding around by my house.

G-Rex
12-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I followed your Alaska trip, and can't believe you want to do it again. Same bike?

Hell. No! :lol

I sold that KLR back to the guy I bought it from exactly 8 days after I returned from Prudhoe Bay. I basically rented it for a year and put 10k on it. :D

This time, I'll do it on a bike that I feel is more suited to the task. I am *casually* shopping for a GS, but I'm not in any big hurry. It will have to be the super crazy Tracy deal I'm used to getting. I have other things on my plate right now and the GS isn't at the top of the list. Yet.

Trip
12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Lol, seems like there would be better places to ride, of course my irrational hate of everything Alaska from living there blinds me of any value of the place. LoL

Sixxxxer
12-10-2013, 08:09 PM
A little over 5k...

The Track bug bit me hard...so about 1500 of those 5k was on the track.

Paid off the 6R this year...Looking for something comfier to ride on the street...make the Ninja my track whore.

Archren
12-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Cari, I'd be happy to put miles on your bike for you. Hell we should probably just plan a weekend where you ride it to my place and stay for the weekend riding around by my house.

Only if you or Evan lets me ride one of those gorgeous Multistradas. :whistle: I kid... a little. ;) That actually sounds like a lot of fun, I know Jay is dying to get his SuperHawk out again, neither of us has done much riding this year.