PDA

View Full Version : Just watched...

DLIT
08-31-2008, 04:38 PM
...The Doctor, The Tornado & The Kentucky Kid. There's a line in there that Hopkins said. He said something like "That's why we race, the addrenalin(sp) and the aggression."

I was on a large group ride and I got a late start on the rest of the group, so I started safely passing the slower guys and then I got past my buddy, only to see there was one more guy. I rode the hardest I've ever rode on that street to catch him, and I finally did. It got me seriously thinking about racing next year. Just to say I did it once or twice. It would only be the local tracks and maybe do only 2, maybe 3 races. I really think I want to try it to see how I do. Just like "Faster", this movie does a great job of motivating me. Time to fill out job apps for a 2nd job so I can actually try racing...

marko138
08-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Good luck, holmes.

t-homo
08-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Good luck man. That'd be pretty sweet.

NONE_too_SOFT
09-01-2008, 06:22 AM
you thinking endurance or sprint races?

Dnyce
09-01-2008, 06:27 AM
hahahaha

jalaan1
09-01-2008, 09:51 AM
hey, go for it!

you'l neva know til ya try.

DLIT
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
you thinking endurance or sprint races?

I know there's endurance and sprints during the rounds out here, but I'll proly stick to sprints because they don't go through tires as fast.

hahahaha

I know.

itgirl
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
...The Doctor, The Tornado & The Kentucky Kid. There's a line in there that Hopkins said. He said something like "That's why we race, the addrenalin(sp) and the aggression."

I was on a large group ride and I got a late start on the rest of the group, so I started safely passing the slower guys and then I got past my buddy, only to see there was one more guy. I rode the hardest I've ever rode on that street to catch him, and I finally did. It got me seriously thinking about racing next year. Just to say I did it once or twice. It would only be the local tracks and maybe do only 2, maybe 3 races. I really think I want to try it to see how I do. Just like "Faster", this movie does a great job of motivating me. Time to fill out job apps for a 2nd job so I can actually try racing...

if anyone on here has the skills to race, it's you. it'd be an awesome life experience, whether you win or lose. i say do it. :dthumb:

dReWpY
09-01-2008, 02:40 PM
there is a post on wera, full race set up for 7k, includes enclosed trailor and a badass gsxr600 fully race prepped

DLIT
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
there is a post on wera, full race set up for 7k, includes enclosed trailor and a badass gsxr600 fully race prepped

GSXR=garbage

NONE_too_SOFT
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I know there's endurance and sprints during the rounds out here, but I'll proly stick to sprints because they don't go through tires as fast.

I know.

plus you dont have to worry about putting a team together. while it keeps to cost down to split a bike 3 ways, it fucking sucks to pony up cash to fix a bike somebody else wrecked.

Gunther1000
09-02-2008, 10:55 AM
GSXR=garbage

I thought you had a chance till I read that one...

Stick to the streets hero!

Rider
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
GSXR=garbage

I guarantee you'd turn faster lap times on my GSXR than you would on your R6.

Dnyce
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM

duh
750>600

DLIT
09-02-2008, 10:06 PM

I don't like the way the handling feels. The steering feels heavy. I rode a buddy's '05, the year you have may be different and wasn't fond of it at all. It just felt heavy to me. And I think you're underestimating the corner speeds you can carry on my R6. It pulls like a 750 above 12k, my buddy who owns one that I let ride mine fr a full day told me. I'm sure I could get use to the 750, but have no desire to. I'm still waiting on Yamaha to put out a 750. I honestly think I'll always be on a 600 though.

Trip
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
if anyone on here has the skills to race, it's you. it'd be an awesome life experience, whether you win or lose. i say do it. :dthumb:

ya know we actually have racers here

Dnyce
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't like the way the handling feels. The steering feels heavy. I rode a buddy's '05, the year you have may be different and wasn't fond of it at all. It just felt heavy to me. And I think you're underestimating the corner speeds you can carry on my R6. It pulls like a 750 above 12k, my buddy who owns one that I let ride mine fr a full day told me. I'm sure I could get use to the 750, but have no desire to. I'm still waiting on Yamaha to put out a 750. I honestly think I'll always be on a 600 though.

i think the 05 dont even compare to the 08's

a setup 08 750(i know your r6 is setup just how u like it) mite surprise u. but thats neither here nor there

but hey if u start racing, ill roll out to lvms 4the races, racing is the shit

DLIT
09-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm leaning a lot more on the side of it'll surprise me, rather than disappoint me. But ultimately a 750>600, like you said.

ceo012384
09-03-2008, 12:08 AM
It got me seriously thinking about racing next year.
Ahhhhhh..... now we're talkin' ;)

CW AF 03
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I honestly think I'll always be on a 600 though.

You tried Danny's 848 right??? Imagine that only instead of a nice constant, torquey pull, it tries to rip your arms out of the sockets! That's the 1098 and it's SOOOOOO much more fun than my 600rr was!:rockwoot:

With 1:25-1:26 at LVMS you'll probably be top 10. The passing is totally insane though. You have to set it up early and be COMMITTED to making it! One thing I learned too late is that you don't have to get PAST someone going into the corner, you just have to get POSITION on them.:dthumb:

DLIT
09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
You tried Danny's 848 right??? Imagine that only instead of a nice constant, torquey pull, it tries to rip your arms out of the sockets! That's the 1098 and it's SOOOOOO much more fun than my 600rr was!:rockwoot:

With 1:25-1:26 at LVMS you'll probably be top 10. The passing is totally insane though. You have to set it up early and be COMMITTED to making it! One thing I learned too late is that you don't have to get PAST someone going into the corner, you just have to get POSITION on them.:dthumb:

You mean set them up, so you get more pull coming out of the corner and accelerate or late-brake past them in the next? I liked Danny's 848 a ton, but I never romped on the gas to feel the pull. I'm sure there's plenty of it, but the lack of top end in the twins isn't something I look forward to. What does your 1098 top out at? The handling was fucking amazing, but in the end, it's just too expensive.

Trip
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
You mean set them up, so you get more pull coming out of the corner and accelerate or late-brake past them in the next? I liked Danny's 848 a ton, but I never romped on the gas to feel the pull. I'm sure there's plenty of it, but the lack of top end in the twins isn't something I look forward to. What does your 1098 top out at? The handling was fucking amazing, but in the end, it's just too expensive.

Yeah that is my biggest negative about the 848, for that price you can have a really nice 600 and another nice cheaper bike like a motard/dirt bike/adventure bike.

CW AF 03
09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
You mean set them up, so you get more pull coming out of the corner and accelerate or late-brake past them in the next?

You'll have to do both. It took a long time for me to realize that late braking someone doesn't involve getting past them before you turn in. All you have to do is get even with them on the inside so that they know you're there. You'll get the hang of it. That's half the fun!

DLIT
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
You'll have to do both. It took a long time for me to realize that late braking someone doesn't involve getting past them before you turn in. All you have to do is get even with them on the inside so that they know you're there. You'll get the hang of it. That's half the fun!

Yeah, so they'll feel your presence and they can either continue cutting in and take you out or respect the fact he just got owned, right? I see that shit all day in the 250/125 GP races.

Trip
09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, so they'll feel your presence and they can either continue cutting in and take you out or respect the fact he just got owned, right? I see that shit all day in the 250/125 GP races.

It's usually the passers responsibility to make a clean pass, you would be taking him out if you couldn't gain position for the pass and ended up in his line. If they see you there instead of just feeling you pushing them from behind, then I would just call it a racing incident and this would be more plausibly his fault. The passee is not usually at fault unless they do some clearly blatant hard blocking take out job.

DLIT
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
It's usually the passers responsibility to make a clean pass, you would be taking him out if you couldn't gain position for the pass and ended up in his line. If they see you there instead of just feeling you pushing them from behind, then I would just call it a racing incident and this would be more plausibly his fault. The passee is not usually at fault unless they do some clearly blatant hard blocking take out job.

Fuck it, it's racing. As long as nobody goes down, it's fair game.

Trip
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Fuck it, it's racing. As long as nobody goes down, it's fair game.

Well yeah, it's racing

How does the military deal with racing though? Probably can get away with track days as "schools." Would you just not tell them that you are racing and pray to God you don't get hurt or do they not have a policy against it? I know I have heard of some people talking about how they get pissed if you get hurt doing certain things.

DLIT
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Well yeah, it's racing

How does the military deal with racing though? Probably can get away with track days as "schools." Would you just not tell them that you are racing and pray to God you don't get hurt or do they not have a policy against it? I know I have heard of some people talking about how they get pissed if you get hurt doing certain things.

It all depends who my commander is. Right now, my commander is a spineless jellyfish, so I have no idea how he'll react. I alreay have an approved high-risk activity letter for the track, but racing may be treated differently. CW's an active duty Captain and I know another guy who's enlisted who races. I know there's a few more who race, too. The only thing I can do is be honest and tell them I'll be racing and se what they say. If they say no then I'll have to stick to regular track days then. I got too much to lose if I get caught racing somehow.

Do they know you race, Craig?

Trip
09-03-2008, 09:25 PM
It all depends who my commander is. Right now, my commander is a spineless jellyfish, so I have no idea how he'll react. I alreay have an approved high-risk activity letter for the track, but racing may be treated differently. CW's an active duty Captain and I know another guy who's enlisted who races. I know there's a few more who race, too. The only thing I can do is be honest and tell them I'll be racing and se what they say. If they say no then I'll have to stick to regular track days then. I got too much to lose if I get caught racing somehow.

yeah, I knew they were funny about stuff like that. Hopefully they will let you do it, that would suck to get all your ducks in a row for it and then have them block you.

ceo012384
09-04-2008, 03:02 PM
About the 1098, it depends on the track. You wouldn't have fun riding that thing around NHMS.

Hell a 600 is pretty big for Loudon... the track gets small pretty quick with something that fast.

I can't wait to ride NJMP in october.... everyone is saying it's ridiculously FAST.

CW AF 03
09-04-2008, 08:31 PM

They know I ride on the track. I doubt they know the difference between a trackday and a race. Unless it's something blatantly illegal I use the old "It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission" line of thinking...:dthumb:

DLIT
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
They know I ride on the track. I doubt they know the difference between a trackday and a race. Unless it's something blatantly illegal I use the old "It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission" line of thinking...:dthumb:

My last cc asked if I was gonna be racing. Maybe I'll be vague and say I'll be riding on the track with my new one. Don't tell him I'm racng unless he asks. Or just say once or twice, but mostly regular trackdays.

Mr Lefty
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd leave it as a track day... racing will add scrutny and attention... :2cents:

good luck though bro.. keep us posted

Cutty72
09-05-2008, 12:17 AM

National Guard FTMFW!!! :dthumb:

Not on a drill weekend, they could give a fuck what you do.

DLIT
09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
National Guard FTMFW!!! :dthumb:

Not on a drill weekend, they could give a fuck what you do.

Have fun with that bullshit.

Cutty72
09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Have fun with that bullshit.

I do :)

It's gotten me a lot of things through the years, and a lot of good experiences.
And none of the bullshit of active duty.