PDA

View Full Version : In love with Sportsbikes!

Winta
09-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi guys, I'm a total newbie :)

I never really liked anything with motors in it, I never even had a moped or a car! Even though I got my car driver license at 18 (min. age in Denmark)

It kinda started a few years ago when my dad got himself a bike, I started to look into it then, but never really had the time to get the mc driver license, then 2 weeks ago I thought that NOW was the time and I started on an intensive mc driver license team and have been driving everyday since and I fucking love it!!!

I never tried to ride a bike or a moped before I started on the driver license team, so didnt really know what I was going into, other than my dad saying it was the best thing ever! And now I am really in love with it! It is the only thing I think about, I even dream about driving a bike when I sleep! I have this awesome bike that can fly!

Anyway, just wanted to say that you will proberly see me a lot these days, need a lot of newbie advices and stuff like that :D

Dnyce
09-18-2008, 11:41 PM
what the hell is a driver license team?

and theres nothing like being on two wheels, welcome to our world

Mrs. Colleen
09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
what the hell is a driver license team?

and theres nothing like being on two wheels, welcome to our world

:iagree: How does the driver's license test work?

Cutty72
09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
:idk:

ceo012384
09-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Welcome to the site!

I'm interested in the license process as well... obviously it's different over there?

PiZdETS
09-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome! Good to have more international members. Danish chicks are hawt.
If it's like some parts of Europe I guess you have to start on a 250 cc or something like that? You guys get all the sweet 2 strokes, we get almost none.
If you're allowed to start bigger I suggest looking into the Suzuki SV650 as a first bike. I started on one and it taught me all that I know in a fun, hooligan way.

marko138
09-19-2008, 07:57 AM
:welcome:

Mr Lefty
09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
:welcome: glad to see ya found the place...

you'll find a lot of good advice here... and don't take offense to the name calling... no one means it anyways...

anyways... fill us in on the license team thing

fatburg
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
:welcome: and whatever everyone around here says, it doesn't matter what you start on as long as it has a Trunk.....it's all the rave with the young kids these days:dthumb:

Mr Lefty
09-19-2008, 11:08 AM
yes.. and even if it doesn't... Fatburg will trunk it for ya

smileyman
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Welcome young jedi:twfix:

t-homo
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the site man.

Gas Man
09-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Glad to see you made it over.... Welcome to the REAL digs!

DIMford
09-19-2008, 04:05 PM
:welcome: Pull up a stool and have a :beer:

Amber Lamps
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't know what happened to them but,

I'd imagine that he meant "class" instead of team.I know that to get a regular license you have to go to school for 6 months or a YEAR! I wonder where he is in Denmark? I was married just north of the German border where Legos were invented.

Winta
09-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Glad to see you made it over.... Welcome to the REAL digs!

Thanks, and thanks for guiding me over here, this looks like a fantastic place! ;)

Thanks all for the welcome :)

Well, in denmark we have pretty hard laws on what you need to do before you can get a driver license, both for car and MC. You need to have been driving for at least 24 hours (over at least 12 different days) with an instructor, and you need at least 24 hours of theori training.

Then you have to pass a theori test, and a practical test. AND THEN YOU CAN DRIVE!! Cant wait :D

And I live in copenhagen, and we do indeed have some nice chicks :D :) And I can start on as large a bike as I want, couse im 21 ;) (everyone younger than 21, can only start a 250cc bike)

Year, I ment class, but it feels more like a team than actual class, but you are right, that is probably the right name for it ;)

Mr Lefty
09-21-2008, 10:27 AM
we know you can start on as large a bike as you want.... for us in the states there is no teared licensing... but we wish there was...

START SMALL... you'll enjoy it no matter what bike you start on... and will be less likely to scare yourself... or worse hurt or kill yourself.

you can always move up to a bigger bike eventually... and you can learn more on smaller bikes.

you still have to be careful on ANY bike 50 or 50000 cc's... but the smaller the bike... the less likely it'll catch you off guard and hurt you (for the most part)

we're not trying to tell you what to do... but offer advice... some of us have followed that advice... others of us didn't... it's not an exact science... but your young bro... take the proper steps... and you'll be riding a LONG time.

just don't let the Ego get the best of ya.

Amber Lamps
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
we know you can start on as large a bike as you want.... for us in the states there is no teared licensing... but we wish there was...

START SMALL... you'll enjoy it no matter what bike you start on... and will be less likely to scare yourself... or worse hurt or kill yourself.

you can always move up to a bigger bike eventually... and you can learn more on smaller bikes.

you still have to be careful on ANY bike 50 or 50000 cc's... but the smaller the bike... the less likely it'll catch you off guard and hurt you (for the most part)

we're not trying to tell you what to do... but offer advice... some of us have followed that advice... others of us didn't... it's not an exact science... but your young bro... take the proper steps... and you'll be riding a LONG time.

just don't let the Ego get the best of ya.

Der Loopmeister spraks recht!

Winta
09-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, I wasnt ment like that, I know you just wanna help, that was also why I asked for you guys advice :)

Mr Lefty
09-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Well, I wasnt ment like that, I know you just wanna help, that was also why I asked for you guys advice :)

I didn't think you meant it that way... I was just covering bases... and we have A LOT of people ask advice only to go with what they wanted anyways...

hope ya stick around bro! :cheers:

Winta
09-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I probably will, so new to all this and need so many advices ;) Even if I stay with what I wanted, I will still need advices on how to drive it safe ;)

I did give up of the faster bikes I was looking, however, I realy am into: 750 SS Supersport, but from 1994, so its an old bike, still, you would probably say it is too fast? :/

Mr Lefty
09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
look at the lap times... an "old" 750 is probably no more than a second off the CURRENT 750's... so yeah... it's FUCKING FAST... it's just not as light... and doesn't have all the "hip" technology bits.

I'd say go with =<600 end of story... (unless its the SV650) it'll be fast enough for ya... shit it'll still do sub 4 second 0-60 times... and have a top speed of over 140mph...

DO NOT BUY on looks... or how much you love the bike... that's a recipe that'll get you and your bank account hurt.

Trust me... the only view that matters is from the seat through your helmet visor... and ANY bike is gonna look good from that angle.

Mrs. Colleen
09-21-2008, 12:52 PM
I remember hearing something a while back that stuck with me...

If you start with a big bike you have to learn how to restrict yourself but if you start on a smaller bike you learn how to push yourself.

Maybe I am not saying it in the best wording but I hope you still get the idea. Always seemed like good advice to me. :idk:

:cheers:

Dnyce
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I remember hearing something a while back that stuck with me...

If you start with a big bike you have to learn how to restrict yourself but if you start on a smaller bike you learn how to push yourself.

Maybe I am not saying it in the best wording but I hope you still get the idea. Always seemed like good advice to me. :idk:

:cheers:

i like it, sounds good

Winta
09-22-2008, 03:02 AM
I like it too :)

fnfalman
09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the site and welcome to the sport!!!

I can tell you this much, it keeps a man from growing old. Well, my body grows old because you cannot beat mother nature and father time, but my spirit and my mind are forever YOUNG!!!