PDA

View Full Version : Official..... Spies to WSBK Yamaha team

Rider
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081001b.htm :rockout::rockout:

I bet he does very well in his first season. Might take a race or 2 to get used to the higher HP bikes, but he adapted to MotoGP quickly.

Trip
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
awesome, he needs to get rid of his mom as his manager

ontwo
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
He should have gotten a GP ride

Rider
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM

On Suzuki equipment? No, he made the right decision. He'll get a better ride on Yamaha GP bikes in a couple of years.

smileyman
10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Now there is a WSBK combination I can really get behind and cheer for...Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was endurance racing (with/against/well on the same track as) Ben and he came up to lap me?

I don't like to reminesce that far back (02') but I really enjoy watching him ride. I had chased down a 600 on my SV at TWS and had stalked him into a braking zone, pulled inside and outbraked him with uncommon all out speed, when this crazy texan outbrakes me on the inside line, and I mean on the white line, kicks the rear out sideways and fucks off down the next straight leaving me and the bewildered 600 pilot sucking fumes...Oh the good ole days...

z06boy
10-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Good...glad to hear/see it. :rockwoot:

Mr Lefty
10-01-2008, 03:15 PM
awesome... fuck suzy for passing him up... for a ride on the factory team...

Amber Lamps
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Who says that they passed him up,maybe he passed them up....

Mr Lefty
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Who says that they passed him up,maybe he passed them up....

well I seriously doubt he passed up Motogp for WSBK... as his only (publicly known) issue with going to Motogp was his fear of flying.

and Suzy signed a couple other riders. I'm sure had Suzy offered him a ride he'd have taken it... they're competitive... shit he ran 5th in Indy and was up to what 5th or 6 in Laguna.

Carolina
10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
no suzy prob would have signed him but they may have liked matt more n saw the drama they were gonna have but ben also wanted to leave n i don't think he had any good moto gp team offers as far as good bikes/teams/mechanics so this is his stepping stone do well n he'll get the offers he wants

i didn't know he had 90% podiums n most wins fuck i remember he was always like 2 or 3 behind matt when he started now matt is salty because his 6 reigns are over n he has to take backseat for suz in the spotlight:idk:

Mr Lefty
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
no suzy prob would have signed him but they may have liked matt more n saw the drama they were gonna have but ben also wanted to leave n i don't think he had any good moto gp team offers as far as good bikes/teams/mechanics so this is his stepping stone do well n he'll get the offers he wants

i didn't know he had 90% podiums n most wins fuck i remember he was always like 2 or 3 behind matt when he started now matt is salty because his 6 reigns are over n he has to take backseat for suz in the spotlight:idk:

I seriously doubt matt would want or even be offered a motogp ride after Spies beating him the last two years and matt being as old as he is.

Matt is probably happy as fuck Spies is leaving.

JoJoYZF
10-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I seriously doubt matt would want or even be offered a motogp ride after Spies beating him the last two years and matt being as old as he is.

Thats what Im thinking too. Spies should be pretty sweet in wsbk though, Im looking forward to seeing this.

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Thats what Im thinking too. Spies should be pretty sweet in wsbk though, Im looking forward to seeing this.

well I'm hope'n I'll be able to actually WATCH WSBK next year... :lol: just hope there's a channel that shows it in Biloxi (probably going Direct TV anyhow) and then TiVo FTMFW

Dave
10-02-2008, 12:22 AM
dont pay attention to any links i post ebbs :p i swear

http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php#

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
dont pay attention to any links i post ebbs :p i swear

http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php# (http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php#)

:lol: I naw I saw it... I've got it bookmarked at home.

didn't think about it though when i posted that.... in fact I'm gonna probably watch this season this weekend as I'm on call and officially have JACK SHIT to do.

Amber Lamps
10-02-2008, 06:06 AM
well I seriously doubt he passed up Motogp for WSBK... as his only (publicly known) issue with going to Motogp was his fear of flying.

and Suzy signed a couple other riders. I'm sure had Suzy offered him a ride he'd have taken it... they're competitive... shit he ran 5th in Indy and was up to what 5th or 6 in Laguna.

1. Rain

2. Home Track

Amber Lamps
10-02-2008, 06:08 AM

1. doesn't want/has turned down several times

2. dq beat Mat this season

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 06:23 AM
1. Rain

2. Home Track

he still did 14th in the British GP having never ridden that track before.

3/3 in the points is pretty fucking good...

1. doesn't want/has turned down several times

2. dq beat Mat this season

1. exactly matt doesn't want to go... so his saying it would cause an issue with matt is wrong

2. win is a win...

marko138
10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Good for him.

I'd pass up a GP offer too...I don't get on planes.

Rider
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Suzuki did not want to pay him $2.5 Million a year, Yamaha did. Yamaha has better GP AND WSBK equipment. You cant fault him for going after a better ride AND more money.

Ebbs, BTW he was 6th at Indy, 8th at Laguna and 14th at Donington, but I hear what you are saying, he was damn good for his first 3 starts ever on a GP bike.

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Rizla has good equipment but I dint think they have the $$$$$ to be on top. To bad Baliss wont be there to welcome him to WSBK.

:iagree: but who the F will he have to compet with this year?

Rider
10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Rizla has good equipment but I dint think they have the $$$$$ to be on top. To bad Baliss wont be there to welcome him to WSBK.

:iagree: but who the F will he have to compet with this year?

Still a mystery. Suzuki will not participate in AMA superbike next season.

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Still a mystery. Suzuki will not participate in AMA superbike next season.

??????? I haven't heard anything about that.

Rider
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
??????? I haven't heard anything about that.

Yeah I dont have any links off the top of my head but it sounds like Kawasaki is pulling out of AMA Superbike for 09 as well.

See this thread.
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2463&highlight=AMA+Superbike

This one too.
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1101&highlight=AMA+Superbike

More:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Aug/080815ji1.htm

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
No surprise about Kaw but they have been hand and hand with Zuk for a few years now. I have to research that now.

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Good for him.

I'd pass up a GP offer too...I don't get on planes.

psst... he's competing in WSBK next year... they travel just as much if not more than MotoGP

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
psst... he's competing in WSBK next year... they travel just as much if not more than MotoGP

When I win the lottery. That will be my first big Trip. I will follow WSBK to every race.

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
When I win the lottery. That will be my first big Trip. I will follow WSBK to every race.

why yes... I wouldn't mind at all if you adopted me...

smileyman
10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Hell with attendance, you win the lottery sponsor me and Ebbs on a Supersport team! Yamahas please!

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Hell with attendance, you win the lottery sponsor me and Ebbs on a Supersport team! Yamahas please!

as long as you start... as I have problems leaving lights :lol:

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I do look forward to seeing him race. Niki almost flopped in GP but his true talent is keeping him afloat.

JK
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
its hard to believe just how few americans race overseas. Considering all the success theyve had in world wide series

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
its hard to believe just how few americans race overseas. Considering all the success theyve had in world wide series

I think that'll change with AMA going to shit

err... I HOPE that'll change

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
The American circuit will make it. No matter what they call it. The problem is as the sport gets more popular. So does the demand for money sponsors.

Mr Lefty
10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
The American circuit will make it. No matter what they call it. The problem is as the sport gets more popular. So does the demand for money sponsors.]
yeah but they're fucking with rules and classes... suzi is pulling out... and I've heard Kawi is doing so also... gonna be intresting trying to sell a league when 2 of the big 4 jap companies don't participate... not only to fans... but riders and sponsers as well

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Its already sold. Everybody just has to come to terms.

JK
10-02-2008, 09:15 PM
which series will survive? the DMG or the one the manufacturers started?

jeeps84
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
which series will survive? the DMG or the one the manufacturers started?

That remains to be seen. Hope they televise all of it.

marko138
10-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah I got that, asshole.