PDA

View Full Version : Yet another example of why I'll only purchase Attack track 'glass.

DLIT
10-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Had a buddy highside today. Here's the results. He MAYBE needs some filler to even out the surface, otherwise just prep and paint. You can't beat 'em! Yeah, you pay a decent chunk for them, but well, well worth it.

This was from his highside. The tail got some scrapes, but wasn't as bad as the front which is why I just posted the front.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DLITALIEN/Attack.jpg

Mr Lefty
10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
damn that's pretty bad ass...

JoJoYZF
10-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Thats impressive. A little paint and it wont even be noticeable.

Phenix_Rider
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
OKay so? I saw a guy on an '02 GSXR (stock) highside on the track with less damage than that.

DLIT
10-03-2008, 08:57 PM
OKay so? I saw a guy on an '02 GSXR (stock) highside on the track with less damage than that.

Good for you. The point was that his bodywork hit the ground from a highside and you see how well they held up.

Trip
10-03-2008, 08:58 PM
My shit looked about the same and I had a hard enough impact to snap the rearset in two and landed on the bike at 108mph and laid on it for most of the ride on asphalt and mine cost less than half so I could buy a second set and I had nothing wrong with the first.

One wreck can not be a good comparison, it's all about physics and impact points. I have seen some bad wrecks at the gap where the bike came out relatively unscathed and seen some small slow speed wrecks that total a bike. One wreck doesn't prove much of anything and that goes for mine with my plastics as well.

DLIT
10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Attacks are the top of the line shit, bottom line. I've seen three guys go down on 'em first hand and all just needed repaint. When I said "yet another reason", it's because of the two other wrecks I've seen. I'll never own another brand. Have fun with your garbage.

Trip
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Attacks are the top of the line shit, bottom line. I've seen three guys go down on 'em first hand and all just needed repaint. When I said "yet another reason", it's because of the two other wrecks I've seen. I'll never own another brand. Have fun with your garbage.

Have fun with continually throwing money away.

Cutty72
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
if only we all had disposable income...

I have 0 experience with any type of track plastics... but i don't think the first set I buy is going to be the most expensive brand I can find.

Then again, if it's for the Buell, there is only one brand as of now...

marko138
10-04-2008, 01:43 AM
:lol: Dlit. :lol: Love this motherufucker.

DLIT
10-04-2008, 02:15 PM
:lol: Dlit. :lol: Love this motherufucker.

:cheers:

Gunther1000
10-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice review man! Thanks for the heads up. I really do appreciate The insight. Maybe my new KTM paint job will be on a set.

jeeps84
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
One wreck can not be a good comparison, it's all about physics and impact points. I have seen some bad wrecks at the gap where the bike came out relatively unscathed and seen some small slow speed wrecks that total a bike. One wreck doesn't prove much of anything and that goes for mine with my plastics as well.

Valid argument. Some times its easier not to say lots quicker to repaint rather than replace when you have to order parts before repairs can start. I agree the price makes a big difference in mine and everybody else's decisions but each to their own.

CW AF 03
10-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Just like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. The cheap stuff usually is FUBAR after a wreck or it takes more effort than it's worth to fix them.

Trip
10-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Just like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. The cheap stuff usually is FUBAR after a wreck or it takes more effort than it's worth to fix them.

Paying more doesn't always give you better quality, many times it just makes you easy pickings for overpriced products. Take for example japanese vs italian motorcycles. Lower purchase and maintenance costs with higher reliability and performance dollar for dollar vs pretty bike....

Then you got things that are just straight rip offs all because of brand name. This is really noticeable in the clothing/gear world.

You have to be a smart shopper about what you buy to get best performance for lowest cost.

DLIT
10-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice review man! Thanks for the heads up. I really do appreciate The insight. Maybe my new KTM paint job will be on a set.

No problem, man. You might wanna check and see if they make them for KTM.

ceo012384
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
If you think attack is nice, you should check out armour bodies and sharkskinz.

DLIT
10-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Anybody try Cheetah? I can get a set for $300 new and I just sold my old ones. They retail for $700 on their site, so I'm thinking the quality is nice. Opinions?

PiZdETS
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
plastics are for posers, real racers use fur.

Mr Lefty
10-08-2008, 02:18 AM
wtf is that a 8 oclock bar? :lol:

Rider
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM

8:30 :lol:

marko138
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM

I think it's technical name is "I'ma Pussy Bar".

Gunther1000
10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
No problem, man. You might wanna check and see if they make them for KTM.

I should have made that a little clearer... It will look like this!

dReWpY
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
ghey....

DLIT
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I should have made that a little clearer... It will look like this!

Oh, that's cool then.

Anybody fuck with Cheetah's before? Or heard reviews on 'em?

ceo012384
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Anybody fuck with Cheetah's before? Or heard reviews on 'em?
They are on par with the attacks... they are alright.

Best: sharkskinz

Second best: armour bodies (almost as good, big chunk of cash cheaper)

Third best: all the 'alright' brands (cheetah, attack, etc etc etc)

Last: e-racings, hotbodies, other cheapos, etc

This is not my opinion... this is straight from the mouth of the best racebike painter in the northeast.

jeeps84
10-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I like the SharkSkinz Ive had.

Gunther1000
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
ghey....

No, I'm straight. Shit How many time are you going to ask me?

:panic:

Switch
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Sounds like someone is trying to validate their purchase to themselves...

DLIT
10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds like someone is trying to validate their purchase to themselves...

Sounds like I was explaining that they're worth the money.

DLIT
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
They are on par with the attacks... they are alright.

Best: sharkskinz

Second best: armour bodies (almost as good, big chunk of cash cheaper)

Third best: all the 'alright' brands (cheetah, attack, etc etc etc)

Last: e-racings, hotbodies, other cheapos, etc

This is not my opinion... this is straight from the mouth of the best racebike painter in the northeast.

How much was your bodywork?

ceo012384
10-09-2008, 11:03 PM
How much was your bodywork?
I think it lists for $649... I got it for less though

DLIT
10-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I think it lists for $649... I got it for less though

Would you be able to get it for less for me?

ceo012384
10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Would you be able to get it for less for me?

I could probably get it for a bit less, but the shipping to you might offset a lot of the discount :idk:

like 10% off maybe or something, not sure

DLIT
10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
We'll see. I'm gonna wait til tax return season. I might just pick up some Sharkskins. Whatever one has a better looking tail. The Attack tail looks sick. I might buy Attacks again, once I see their '08/9 model.

ceo012384
10-09-2008, 11:19 PM
If you've got the cash, the sharkskinz really have no equal.

As far as the tail, I know sharkskinz and armour bodies both offer supersport and superbike tails... which one you looking at?

DLIT
10-09-2008, 11:27 PM
If you've got the cash, the sharkskinz really have no equal.

As far as the tail, I know sharkskinz and armour bodies both offer supersport and superbike tails... which one you looking at?

Haven't been looking yet.

Dnyce
10-10-2008, 03:07 AM
so cheetahs are pretty gd eh? i see em on ebay for my bike real cheap. like 4bills

DLIT
10-10-2008, 10:43 AM
so cheetahs are pretty gd eh? i see em on ebay for my bike real cheap. like 4bills

No they're not.

the chi
10-10-2008, 10:57 AM
honestly, ive seen good and bad out of the cheaper race skins. We all know shark skinz and armor are the best but for those of us on a more tight budget, we make do with the cheaper. YbSlow runs a set of cheap plastics and they are GREAT, fit and everything. Mine, same company, not so much. I think they sent me the wrong belly pan, or not, either way, they dont fit for shit. Thats why i just run nekked. However this track day, you may be seeing some zip ties and me rolling with plastics, all depends on how I feel about it...but go with what you can afford and feel like dealing with.

If you want to go cheap, be prepared for some labor intensive work to fit them if they arent perfect, if you prefer not to do this, save and get the good shit.

fnfalman
10-10-2008, 03:38 PM
honestly, ive seen good and bad out of the cheaper race skins. We all know shark skinz and armor are the best but for those of us on a more tight budget, we make do with the cheaper. YbSlow runs a set of cheap plastics and they are GREAT, fit and everything. Mine, same company, not so much. I think they sent me the wrong belly pan, or not, either way, they dont fit for shit. Thats why i just run nekked. However this track day, you may be seeing some zip ties and me rolling with plastics, all depends on how I feel about it...but go with what you can afford and feel like dealing with.

If you want to go cheap, be prepared for some labor intensive work to fit them if they arent perfect, if you prefer not to do this, save and get the good shit.

Rae,

When you ride the bike naked, don't you get scared if you get off and there are no plastics to protect the vitals on your bike?

the chi
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Rae,

When you ride the bike naked, don't you get scared if you get off and there are no plastics to protect the vitals on your bike?

Good question but no, actually I like riding her like that at the track. I keep my frame sliders and a tail section on the bike but I honestly feel more at ease not having to worry about screwing up good plastics (since my race plastics never fit anyway). I went down already like that and people may argue, but my vitals were protected and fine. The only damage: frame slider, broken radiator tab, left clip on ground down and shift peg snapped off. If i'd had plastics, the entire front would have been destroyed.

CW AF 03
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Paying more doesn't always give you better quality, many times it just makes you easy pickings for overpriced products. Take for example japanese vs italian motorcycles. Lower purchase and maintenance costs with higher reliability and performance dollar for dollar vs pretty bike...

Jealousy rears its ugly head yet again...:whistle:

Trip
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Jealousy rears its ugly head yet again...:whistle:

lol...you ducati people are always so delusional, I may eventually join ya and get a hypermotard though. :lol: That's a fun bike.

CW AF 03
10-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I was riding my Hyper S last Saturday and being pretty tame. I dropped it to 1st, dumped the clutch, and let the rear end go crazy while slowing for the red light. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a white fender come up beside me. Turn to see who my company is, and it's a NV state trooper! He politely says "You don't want a ticket on a Saturday do you?" I replied, "I don't want a ticket on ANY day!" The light turns green and we both go, eventually going our separate ways. At the next red light I though about the encounter and realized he was staring at the bike the entire time he was talking to me and most of the time we were riding!

Trip
10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I was riding my Hyper S last Saturday and being pretty tame. I dropped it to 1st, dumped the clutch, and let the rear end go crazy while slowing for the red light. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a white fender come up beside me. Turn to see who my company is, and it's a NV state trooper! He politely says "You don't want a ticket on a Saturday do you?" I replied, "I don't want a ticket on ANY day!" The light turns green and we both go, eventually going our separate ways. At the next red light I though about the encounter and realized he was staring at the bike the entire time he was talking to me and most of the time we were riding!

nice, sounds like he was a rider or at least a fan.