PDA

View Full Version : HID Lights, what do I need to know?

Quick281
10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh yeah baby, I am on full speed question mode right now.

To be honest I just figured out how to access the site at work. :D

So no matter what I do when I get back to Atlanta, I was thinking that an HID kit would be a great mod to the bike. First off, the visibility is greatly improves. Secondly, more people will see me in traffic. And lastly I think it always makes a nice touch on any vehicle/bike.

Now I realize there are hundreds of cheap ebay kits I could go with, but are there any reliable brands that I should look into first? I realize that this will mean I will need to find a place to mount the addictional with a HID kit. Any good places to know about?

I am concerned with visibility over color, but if a preference were possible I would like a very white color. What K am I looking for?

Thanks as usual :)

Cutty72
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Around 4500-5000 will give you the "white" light.
They are really bright, when ebbs followed me, it was like someone turned on the sun again! :lol:
The kit he has is really straight forward, don't overthink the install, most are plug and play.

it is on the winter "to do" list for the 1125.

Trip
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I run a china brand HID kit and it works great.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html

Mr Lefty
10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I run a china brand HID kit and it works great.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html

Great kit... but DO NOT BUY FROM THERE! I had horrible issues with him...

go straight to http://apexcone.com/ it's who xenonexpert get's his stuff from anyways.

took 2 months of argueing with olliver g (manager of xenon expert) before I just called apexcone... and got my lights shipped out next day

Quick281
10-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Do I want just one bulb? I figure it would be best to have the dim as my HID and keep my bright stock so that I can flash my lights quickly when I need to.

Good assumption?

What about a ballast upgrade? I saw that listed on the sight as well.

The apexcone site seems a bit hard to navigate around but I will look into it. Thanks for the site Ebbs!

Mr Lefty
10-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Do I want just one bulb? I figure it would be best to have the dim as my HID and keep my bright stock so that I can flash my lights quickly when I need to.

Good assumption?

The apexcone site seems a bit hard to navigate around but I will look into it. Thanks for the site Ebbs!

yeah the apexcone site sucks... but you can go to xenonexpert and look at what he has... his orders are filled by apexcone anyways... so you can just call them or e-mail them and let them know what ya want.

the customer service at apexcone was fucking top notch... they gave me a 10% military discount too...

like Cutty said... the install was plug and play... since you have two diffrent bulbs for hi/lo it's up to you... I think most people just do the low... but Trip I believe did both... so you can ask him about the delay.

the quality was awesome... those lights are FUCKING BRIGHT... I went with the whitest... 4500 I think...

Quick281
10-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Awesome information. Thanks as usual. Now, I am without questions. Damn.

marko138
10-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Goddamn. Every time I read these HID threads I think of white balancing. FYI....5600k is daylight temperature.