PDA

View Full Version : Shark RSR2 Foggy Legend-black

Amber Lamps
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Well,I got my new lid and well...I LOVE the helmet,it's very quiet,aerodynamic, vents well,everything operates top notch but I don't like the looks of it. I'll sell it for $400 shipped if anyone is interested or I'll just send it back if no one wants it.

Mr Lefty
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
size?

Amber Lamps
10-05-2008, 03:30 AM
size?

large but it's a tight large.

Mr Lefty
10-05-2008, 03:39 AM
have you tried on a Arai Profile?

it's what I have now... I needed to order Medium cheek pads in order for it to fit right...

I've never tried on a shark... that's my only hesitation... well that and my $ hasn't come in yet

jeeps84
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
no pix?

Amber Lamps
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
ok here's a pic of the never before seen RSR2 Foggy Legend in black...

Amber Lamps
10-05-2008, 08:42 PM
NEVERMIND!!! I was beta testing my new comm set-up and dropped it! So now I WANT TO BUY ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!:panic: Oh well and on the shelf it goes...

Mr Lefty
10-05-2008, 08:56 PM
NEVERMIND!!! I was beta testing my new comm set-up and dropped it! So now I WANT TO BUY ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!:panic: Oh well and on the shelf it goes...

DAMN man... well thanks for be'n a stand up guy... :dthumb:

I think I'll wait till I can try one on before I buy...

PhiSig1071
10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Well, props to you for not selling it after you dropped it.

Amber Lamps
10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, props to you for not selling it after you dropped it.

Who the fuck would do that? Yea it's got a small scratch towards the bottom... oh and before you start thinking I'm not an asshole,I'm considering sending it back. I literally can relocate the holographic authentication sticker to cover the scratch....

BTW I still TOTALLY recommend Shark! The helmet envelopes your head and leaves nothing out but your neck! This is one quiet fucking lid!!! I admit I like the shield mechanism on the S800/RSI much better tho'. This helmet visor is hard to open! There's no "lip/ledge/flap to grab so it's particularly hard with gloves on. Once I get the hang of it,I'm sure it'll be fine. It's very smooth once open and can be left in any position. As far as fogging goes...forget about it! It was in the 40s the other morning and I never opened my visor at stop light/signs. I tried to fog it and it was not gonna happen! As you all probably know,the visor is 3mm thick which is basically 50% thicker than any other visor out there. As I've mentioned about my other Shark lids,the visor seal is about as airtight as humanly possible altho' it's not as perfect as my older Shark helmet in that dept...I can't even slip a fingernail between the helmet and the visor on my S500. I also like the removal system on my older Sharks better too. Shark's "biggest" problem is their size and even between the old lid and the new there is a pronounced difference in shell size and my S500 is a X-Large while the RSR2 is a large. The good news is the the new helmet doesn't weigh shit! I mean this bitch is light! Also as I mentioned before it's very,very aerodynamic,you could easily window shop at 100 mph wearing this baby! In my opinion,Shark said "fuck form!" and focused on function with this lid. It kinda reminds me of the Arai RX7 series in that respect.