PDA

View Full Version : Winter plans?

Mr Lefty
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
well... it's getting to the end of the riding season for a lot of people... just wondering what people have planned for the winter down time? any new mods? fixing issues? buying a new bike? New gear?

I'm planning on buying a new helmet, and new bike... but that won't happen until April. other than that... I'll be buying a house in March so not too much going on for me.

so what's your winter plans?

Mrs. Colleen
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Hahahahaha.......winter.......

:wink:

No plans...just got the bike done. :dthumb:

Carolina
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
if i had a bike still no change it's decent in ga. I plan on getting something in jan,feb

ceo012384
10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
520 chain and gearing change to suit my home track.

Woodcraft tire warmers.

A fresh set of pirelli diablo supercorsas to start the season with.

Finish safety wiring the bike.

Switch to distilled water and water wetter to be race legal.

Hopefully get all registered and throw my numbers on the bike.

Rebuild/repair the motor in my minibike to use as a pitbike.

Help my buddies on the race team I'm joining get their bikes in order as well.

Whenever I finish my thesis and get a job (should be end of february):
- Purchase toyota tundra
- Purchase DRZ400SM for a street bike.

The following will also occur if it's in the budget:
- Steering damper for the R6
- Enclosed trailer
- Race motard

Mr Lefty
10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
dear god Ceo.... what kind of fucking budget do you have?! :lol:

JoJoYZF
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

My only winter plans that are bike related are the normal winter storage maintenance and to get some a* boots and hopefully track pants by spring. Then some pilot road 2s as soon as the bike comes out of storage.

Other than that, keep applying for a real job (I graduate in 2 months) and buy a newer car.

ceo012384
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
:lol:

right now I don't have a budget at all :lol:... just a little bit of debt... but I should be able to land a pretty sweet gig when I get out of here, so buying a truck and a street bike and a few goodies should be no problem.

Mr Lefty
10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
:lol: I mean I'm buying a house but damn your plans including racing, buying a 30k truck, another bike... and if your budget permits a 3rd bike and a trailer... :lol: good god I want what ever job your gonna get!

Gas Man
10-08-2008, 01:09 AM
After last winter... I want to do to my bike... " "

Yep that's it... FUCKIN NOTHING!!

This non riding season I'm pimpin the house... getting siding/trim/gutter bids now. Then its new kitchen, then new carpet, living room furniture, new spare room furniture x 2, and furnising the basement...

t-homo
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Nothing huge probably. I'm sure I'll find some small stuff to do though. Gauntlet gloves are a definite though. I really want an Ipod touch too...

PiZdETS
10-08-2008, 01:13 AM
drink a lot, get fatter, drive like an idiot in the snow, get sick a couple times, repeat as necessary.

t-homo
10-08-2008, 01:32 AM
drink a lot, get fatter, drive like an idiot in the snow, get sick a couple times, repeat as necessary.

I didn't know he was talking about my year round plan.

Sixxxxer
10-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Akropovic Slip on
Double Bubble Windscreen
PC3
Frame Sliders
Tune Up
New Rear Tire

:)

Mr Lefty
10-08-2008, 02:16 AM

I'm gonna miss Alaska for that reason alone. I loved drift'n my truck around in the snow... going out when everyone else was too worried about the weather... empty roads + 4x4 + 35" tires+ a truck that will take a beating = no sleep for work the next day :drool:

Rider
10-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Woodcraft cut frame sliders
BMC air filter.
Pull off stock graphics and put a new "R" on the bike
Maybe -1 front sprocket.

New leather jacket came yesterday. New helmet is in the works. I was going to get the helmet first but I ran across a killer deal on the jacket that I couldn't pass up. Teknic Violator 2007 model with Knox CE armor all the way around including the back protector, from Sport Bike Track Gear.

marko138
10-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Not much plans. I'd like a couple carbon fiber bits for the bike. But probly won't get them. I also want Pazzo's.

I need new gloves.

Antwanny
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Hahahahaha.......winter.......

:wink:

No plans...just got the bike done. :dthumb:

In California we laugh at winter. Because we are the motorcycling snob state thats too high brow for the rest of you.
________
VAPORIZER INSTRUCTIONS (http://vaporizer.org/)
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

the chi
10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
In Cali??

HAHAHAHA...try Florida!

No plans as of yet...track at the end of this month...maybe a january or february, but not sure...and otherwise, just chilling...maybe wash it! She needs a good detailing!

Katherine
10-08-2008, 11:29 AM

You forgot "visit Katherine"

ontwo
10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Ride

Work on the new house

I'm doing as little as possible

smileyman
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Break out the insulated tour suit, neck warmer, and my insulated gloves. Spoon on some new BT021's and probably a new rear sprocket and keep on riding!

NONE_too_SOFT
10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
im going snow boarding, hellz ya.

Oh, i'll get some plastics for the bike and finish repairing the damage done by the last guard rail. get her nice and pretty again to come out in the spring.

jtemple
10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
coolant flush & swap (going with 7th Gear PG Coolant)

new spark plugs

new air filter

throttle body sync

new Pilot Power 2CTs

lube clutch cable

oil change

Cutty72
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
HID's
exhaust (if a decent one comes available)
LED accents (maybe)
Fork and swingarm sliders
Throttlemeiser bar end/throttle lock

marko138
10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
HID's
exhaust (if a decent one comes available)
LED accents (maybe)
Fork and swingarm sliders
Throttlemeiser bar end/throttle lock
Wait for the Drummer. Kevin will get it done soon. And it will rule...like his pipes for the XB's do. And go with the Dark Horse Moto sliders.

Shift
10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
In Cali??

HAHAHAHA...try Florida!

No plans as of yet...track at the end of this month...maybe a january or february, but not sure...and otherwise, just chilling...maybe wash it! She needs a good detailing!

I like the way you think. Florida FTW.

rider76
10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Just got the all clean from the DR to finally ride again...I will ride till my nuts are frostbitten. Then a gear change, oil change, new exhaust and tires. Then gonna take a vacation

jeeps84
10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
I only take Jan and Feb off. been known to ride a lil even then. Only plans I have for the bikes other than the norm matin. is a new mag for the HD. I hate the spokes.

Cutty72
10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Wait for the Drummer. Kevin will get it done soon. And it will rule...like his pipes for the XB's do. And go with the Dark Horse Moto sliders.

Dark Horse Moto was/is the only option for sliders...

and yeah, either a drummer or special ops pipe.

Particle Man
11-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I plan on breaking out the sled

t-homo
11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Just got the all clean from the DR to finally ride again...I will ride till my nuts are frostbitten. Then a gear change, oil change, new exhaust and tires. Then gonna take a vacation

Good shit. Good to see you posting again man.

I'm thinking bar ends, and gettin her in good shape to head to the track in the spring. Full fluids change, cleaning up the plastics really nicely.

derf
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm gonna keep riding to work.

A few oil changes, I'm almost due for one now.

New tires (damn 16" front rim)

Heated grips, i miss my old ones

A few electrical oulets, i need to keep the GPS charged, along with my laptop, my ipod, my camera, cell, radar detector, and air pump.

I just got the bike so i need to put all the gizmos i had on my last one on this one.

t-homo
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
You used to have a goldwing??

derf
11-11-2008, 01:20 AM
no an ex500, but it was comfy

Antwanny
11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Sunshine all day no breeze 75 degrees! Woot
________
ZOLOFT SETTLEMENTS (http://classactionsettlements.org/)
________
FREE KMART GIFT CARDS (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/kmart-gift-cards/)

derf
11-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Asshole

Leon
11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Sun is out, about 80 for the high, nice little ocean breeze moving the palm trees around.

marko138
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Bullshit.

speedylocksmith
11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Sun is out, about 80 for the high, nice little ocean breeze moving the palm trees around.Summer heat beats winter snow any day!! Year round riding FTW!!

buzzcutt2
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Summer heat beats winter snow any day!! Year round riding FTW!!

Just not at high noon. :panic:

Mrs. Colleen
11-13-2008, 05:52 PM

It was upper 70s today...gorgeous day! But we are suppose to get some wind tonight and tomorrow. :td:

Cutty72
11-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Vader goes in for round 1 of winter mods tomorrow... the dealer installed ones.

lauralynne
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
well... it's getting to the end of the riding season for a lot of people... just wondering what people have planned for the winter down time? any new mods? fixing issues? buying a new bike? New gear?

I'm planning on buying a new helmet, and new bike... but that won't happen until April. other than that... I'll be buying a house in March so not too much going on for me.

so what's your winter plans?

triathalon training. It'll help my road racing. New street leathers once I lose 30 more pounds. And getting my race leathers altered once I lose that weight.

The race bike is getting painted - don't ask me what color - I think green and black, maybe bass boat green and orange. I want loud and obnoxious and the painter has been given free rein.

Continue to harass the officials in our race club in an effort to expose some behind closed doors activities. Hope I don't expose more than I expect. Won't be surprised if I get banned for being persistent.

Plan a wedding. Sell lots of Partylite to PAY for said wedding (candles anyone - I can ship anywhere!).

Add to my shrine to AMJ next month. Try not to break the bank celebrating the SUPPOSED birthday of said hero.

Buying a second home as an investment property.

Kids have select sports which will, like water in a glass of sand, fill all other available time.

Mr Lefty
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
nice... I need to start training again... I was gonna do a couple triathalons here but screwed up my ankle on mid tour so thats out... I was slack'n on the prep of it anyways... I plan on training hard when i get to Mississippi... I do them for fun... but as you said... it helps with other parts of your life A LOT!...

my only problem is diet... I love fried food :lol:

Particle Man
11-19-2008, 10:00 PM
honestly if I can get the effin' thing clean over the winter I'll be ecstatic