PDA

View Full Version : Azoom, give us the low down on the AF1 Racing track day!

fnfalman
10-10-2008, 08:49 AM
The good, the bad and the ugly, please. I heard that there were a couple of crashes.

azoomm
10-10-2008, 09:22 PM
The good - 60 riders got to show up and ride the track for free.

The bad - one of my instructors did some off roading, and beautiful (read = ouch) swan superman operation destroying his Tuono Factory and breaking six ribs. He bent the bars with his chest.

One other hit the ground for the day - bike totalled, rider fine.

All in all - a REALLY good time. Wish you could have made it.

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
damn hope they're both ok and recovering alright...

azoomm
10-10-2008, 09:31 PM
damn hope they're both ok and recovering alright...

The one is fine - no injuries to him at all. Well, probably just sore.

The other is still in the hospital. His lung partially collapsed, and won't quite re-inflate. The doctors aren't messing around at all, which is good to know. He's a doll - and is reliving the accident. He was following a rider into the front straight, that rider checked up on the last kink into the straight and cut into any line he had to stay on the track. :( Wake-up call for instructors and distance.

Shift
10-10-2008, 09:31 PM
The good - 60 riders got to show up and ride the track for free.

Woah woah woah.

Louis this is not my batman glass.

And you hosted a free track day?? Why didnt anyone tell me my ass would have been off to TX.

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
The one is fine - no injuries to him at all. Well, probably just sore.

The other is still in the hospital. His lung partially collapsed, and won't quite re-inflate. The doctors aren't messing around at all, which is good to know. He's a doll - and is reliving the accident. He was following a rider into the front straight, that rider checked up on the last kink into the straight and cut into any line he had to stay on the track. :( Wake-up call for instructors and distance.
well hopefully his recovery will progress with out a hitch..

azoomm
10-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Woah woah woah.

Louis this is not my batman glass.

And you hosted a free track day?? Why didnt anyone tell me my ass would have been off to TX.

I managed and hosted the track - the day was an open house for AF1 Racing, www.af1racing.com The track-space was for Aprilia motorcycles ONLY. So, if you had a priller, you could ride due to their graces. ;)

jeeps84
10-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I managed and hosted the track - the day was an open house for AF1 Racing, www.af1racing.com The track-space was for Aprilia motorcycles ONLY. So, if you had a priller, you could ride due to their graces. ;)

I love showing up at Desmo events with my Gixxer. they always let me ride but been a long time member. Never tried to crash a Tiller event.

fnfalman
10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I heard about the instructor/CMRA racer going offroad a bit with the RS125. What happened there? He didn't pin the throttle and kept the speed through the turn?