PDA

View Full Version : New to riding

Sub660tics
10-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm looking to get into riding and wanted to know what would be the better bike to get. I've been riding around on a couple of different bikes, a recent CBR1000 and a Ducati 916. I'm torn between them and wondered which would be a better bike for riding on the Dragon and stuff.

Shift
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm looking to get into riding and wanted to know what would be the better bike to get. I've been riding around on a couple of different bikes, a recent CBR1000 and a Ducati 916. I'm torn between them and wondered which would be a better bike for riding on the Dragon and stuff.

What crazy fool lent out their Duc??

Trip
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM

For the gap, I would want something smaller and lighter. 600, sv650, duc monster, motard type bikes.

Shift
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
For the gap, I would want something smaller and lighter. 600, sv650, duc monster, motard type bikes.

Listen to this man, he lives and breaths the dragon so I hear.

NONE_too_SOFT
10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
busa.

Shift
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
busa.

Nah to slow. zx-14 with a turbo duh noob.

NONE_too_SOFT
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
nah seriously though dude if you want a bike for riding twisties, you're in no way gonna be able to learn to ride properly trying to fling a 1000 around.

sv650, ninja650, r6s, older 600's... and even STILL im gonna say go with something smaller.

Trip
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
nah seriously though dude if you want a bike for riding twisties, you're in no way gonna be able to learn to ride properly trying to fling a 1000 around.

sv650, ninja650, r6s, older 600's... and even STILL im gonna say go with something smaller.

After listening to a bunch of guys around here, I think probably the best thing to learn on is a 400cc+ Motard, you can fling it around and you really don't care if you lay it down. Plus they resell pretty decent for when you want to move up, hell you may never want to move up, you may just want another motard.

NONE_too_SOFT
10-10-2008, 01:42 PM
when new riders get the itch for a sportbike, there are very few that will actually listen to reason when it comes to the proper bike to buy.

Yes motards are fuggin sweet and fun as hell, but they dont look cool.

Shift
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Think the F4i would be a good choice for you.

Trip
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
when new riders get the itch for a sportbike, there are very few that will actually listen to reason when it comes to the proper bike to buy.

Yes motards are fuggin sweet and fun as hell, but they dont look cool.

yeah no kidding, I really wish I would of bought a DRZ instead of the SV. I didn't know any better though.

Shift
10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah no kidding, I really wish I would of bought a DRZ instead of the SV. I didn't know any better though.

Really think it would have made you that much of a better rider today? Or you just wish that so you'd still have it and the CBR now? :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM

i always wish i could go back 3 years and set myself straight. although im glad i DID listen to a LOT of good advice, so it could be worse.

Trip
10-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Really think it would have made you that much of a better rider today? Or you just wish that so you'd still have it and the CBR now? :lol:

I don't know what I would of got after the motard. I think I would of been less scared of wrecking the motard than the SV. I would have took more chances and probably would of wrecked more but learned more as well.

I seriously think riding the 50 mini motard has made me a lot better of a rider.

the chi
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know what I would of got after the motard. I think I would of been less scared of wrecking the motard than the SV. I would have took more chances and probably would of wrecked more but learned more as well.

I seriously think riding the 50 mini motard has made me a lot better of a rider.

It did wonders for your hair!! :wink:

Seriously tho, these guys are right, a smaller bike like an sv or motard are great to learn and ride the dragon on!

r!der
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
where's that pic with the TROLL SPRAY :idk:

Shift
10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
where's that pic with the TROLL SPRAY :idk:

good question its gone, thise is the best we've got for defence...
:dontfeed:

Captain Morgan
10-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Now, now, we can't assume he's a troll just because he wants a 1k for a first bike. All we can do is state our opinions. Maybe he'll learn something from them, maybe not.

To the original poster: Go to the the street section of this forum and read OTB Old Testament. It's a LOT of reading, but very well worth every word. The second post in there is about beginners and sport bikes... The following link will take you directly to the thread... http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2544

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
if your wanting to ride twisties... 1000cc bike is not what you want... shit Trip passes 1000cc bikes on a 250... probably could do it on his little 50! it's about the rider... the smaller the bike (usually) the easier it is to flick in the twisties...

regardless of riding in the twisties or not... you don't wanna start on a 1000cc bike... it's a very steep learning curve on a 600... on a 1000 it's so steep you actually miss out on learning things because your too busy trying to keep the thing on two wheels.

Dave
10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Now, now, we can't assume he's a troll just because he wants a 1k for a first bike. All we can do is state our opinions. Maybe he'll learn something from them, maybe not.

To the original poster: Go to the the street section of this forum and read OTB Old Testament. It's a LOT of reading, but very well worth every word. The second post in there is about beginners and sport bikes... The following link will take you directly to the thread... http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2544

oh come on, that was a classic troll opener

if your wanting to ride twisties... 1000cc bike is not what you want... shit Trip passes 1000cc bikes on a 250... probably could do it on his little 50! it's about the rider... the smaller the bike (usually) the easier it is to flick in the twisties...

regardless of riding in the twisties or not... you don't wanna start on a 1000cc bike... it's a very steep learning curve on a 600... on a 1000 it's so steep you actually miss out on learning things because your too busy trying to keep the thing on two wheels.

ever notice its always the 600 guys with this message? :whistle:

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 06:30 PM
ever notice its always the 600 guys with this message? :whistle:

what... to start small? or that a 1000 is too big?

Mrs. Colleen
10-10-2008, 06:32 PM

:withstupid: It seems a lot of people like to ask questions but really already have their minds made up.

BTW - FZR FTW! :rockout: :D

PiZdETS
10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/pizdetss/419px-Trollercoaster.jpg
Nice troll OP, 21 responses with 3 sentences is a solid effort.
7/10
A++ Troll, would be trolled again.

jeeps84
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
What crazy fool lent out their Duc??

I know the 916 is dated but :iagree: I don't care how responsible and or old a person is. I'm not letting a noob ride any of my bikes.

BTW if it matters. Stay small and old for first bike.

Particle Man
11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Where's RacerX when you need him :lol:

Start with something smaller man... small, used, and easy to fix. Beat the piss out of it.

Be sure to invest in decent gear.

After you're done beating the piss out of it, get another bike that you actually want to keep for a while.

Rider
11-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Turbo Busa, with a +2 front -3 rear sprocket gearing....

:runaway:

derf
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM

Seriously, your dick isn't big enough if you don't ride a liter bike (yay fireblade!)

NONE_too_SOFT
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
seriously? this is one thread that needed to stay buried.

101lifts2
11-12-2008, 03:54 PM

This from a bikeless man!! j/k there big guy

This is totally a troll thread, but whatever. Get an SV or a 600cc bike. You'll be faster in the canyons.

Mr Lefty
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
This from a bikeless man!! j/k there big guy

This is totally a troll thread, but whatever. Get an SV or a 600cc bike. You'll be faster in the canyons.

:lol: well I'm bikeless now.. wasn't when I wrote that :lol:

actually... cause fuck'n wells fargo lost my title... I still have my ZZR... until I can get the title and insurance gives me the check that is :lol

Antwanny
11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
ever notice its always the 600 guys with this message? :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Thats just mean
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)
________
Spec E30 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/Spec_E30)