PDA

View Full Version : Biketoberfest.

OneSickPsycho
10-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm going.

Trip
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
take lots of pics, where you been hiding anyway? I miss stories about shovels and missing women.

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
No shit!

Shift
10-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Not that far away, but probly wont make it this year.

PhiSig1071
10-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Maybe.

OneSickPsycho
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
take lots of pics, where you been hiding anyway? I miss stories about shovels and missing women.

Been working a lot and fucking around installing a new system in my truck... it's been taking WAY longer than anticipated... Got driver side doors finally finished today... Still gotta run wires, make brackets, and install speakers in the passenger side... then mount, hookup the amps, and fine tune everything before putting the back seat and shit back in...

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Been working a lot and fucking around installing a new system in my truck... it's been taking WAY longer than anticipated... Got driver side doors finally finished today... Still gotta run wires, make brackets, and install speakers in the passenger side... then mount, hookup the amps, and fine tune everything before putting the back seat and shit back in...

nice... I did that for a living before I donated my life to the military...

what gear you going with?

jeeps84
10-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Ill not be going this year.

OneSickPsycho
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
nice... I did that for a living before I donated my life to the military...

what gear you going with?

Jeans and a meshie... gloves and lid of course... I'll take my boots, but don't know if I'll even wear them... Not really planning on doing a lot of real riding... prolly just putt around and party at night. Gonna see if I can find some good deals on gear though...

OneSickPsycho
10-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh wait... Where you talking about get on the bike or the shit for my truck? :lol:

My truck is getting 4 Pioneer Premier 6 1/2" components run by an el cheapo 700w Profile amp (prolly upgrade later, but I know enough people who get really good sound from these that I'll give it a whirl)... Pioneer 10" sub powered by a Pioneer 1000w amp... Running the factory headunit as the aftermarkets always look like shit unless you redo the entire interior... Not going for audiophile sound anyway, just something that's clean and LOUD. Read up a lot about all the gear and talked to a lot of people... The driver's side, even without being amplified, sounds awesome already. When I hook the amp up it should be painful. I can't wait.

Mr Lefty
10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Jeans and a meshie... gloves and lid of course... I'll take my boots, but don't know if I'll even wear them... Not really planning on doing a lot of real riding... prolly just putt around and party at night. Gonna see if I can find some good deals on gear though...

Oh wait... Where you talking about get on the bike or the shit for my truck? :lol:

My truck is getting 4 Pioneer Premier 6 1/2" components run by an el cheapo 700w Profile amp (prolly upgrade later, but I know enough people who get really good sound from these that I'll give it a whirl)... Pioneer 10" sub powered by a Pioneer 1000w amp... Running the factory headunit as the aftermarkets always look like shit unless you redo the entire interior... Not going for audiophile sound anyway, just something that's clean and LOUD. Read up a lot about all the gear and talked to a lot of people... The driver's side, even without being amplified, sounds awesome already. When I hook the amp up it should be painful. I can't wait.

:lol: yeah I meant your truck... the Profile amp will be loud... that's about it... :lol: anymore I'm done with loud... I crank my music up... but just enough to drown out any outside noise. and me sing'n :lol:

and yeah factory head units are fine... JL makes a device that works awesome... I've heard it with a stock stereo next to the same system on a Alpine... couldn't tell the diference... when I was looking at a Tacoma... it was the first thing I was buying.

jeeps84
10-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Jacking your own thread. Whats new?

OneSickPsycho
10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
:lol: yeah I meant your truck... the Profile amp will be loud... that's about it... :lol: anymore I'm done with loud... I crank my music up... but just enough to drown out any outside noise. and me sing'n :lol:

and yeah factory head units are fine... JL makes a device that works awesome... I've heard it with a stock stereo next to the same system on a Alpine... couldn't tell the diference... when I was looking at a Tacoma... it was the first thing I was buying.

Yeah, I figured as much about the Profile amp... The sound processor you speak of is a handy lil thing... a handy lil $300 thing... Looked at those, but I do not have discerning enough of an ear to hear enough of a difference for it to be worth the cheese.

Jacking your own thread. Whats new?

Nada.

Mr Lefty
10-11-2008, 12:39 AM
yeah I hear ya... but I had 3500 worth of stereo equipment... might as well spend the $300 and keep the stock stereo... than $300 on an aftermarket one and a kit and have it look like shit. either way I wanted good quality...

in the end... I decided I'll buy a house instead of a truck...

PhiSig1071
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Bump.

Is anybody else planning on going?

Mule
10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
i'm out...unfortunately...

Bollocks

jermey
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll be leaving St. Augustine early Saturday morning, around 7 or 730. :rockwoot:

PhiSig1071
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I might have to work, I may be on the water all day saturday and sunday.

OneSickPsycho
10-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Back... had a good time, played nice, rode a fair bit... Almost went skydiving, but I'm too fat.

Trip
10-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Back... had a good time, played nice, rode a fair bit... Almost went skydiving, but I'm too fat.

pics or die

OneSickPsycho
10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
pics or die

Death it must be. I didn't even take a camera. You aren't missing much though, we stayed pretty clear of all the shenanigans...

Carolina
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
:tt::loser::loser::lol: