PDA

View Full Version : "Oreo Face Cam": Body Positioning demo vid.

OreoGaborio
10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey guys, took this vid last week up at NHMS in Loudon NH during a Tony's Track Day event & figured I'd share it w/ ya.

Unfortunately the camera internals came loose inside the bullet cam housing which made the picture SUPER shaky & WAY outta focus so I was only able to get my warm-up lap. Luckily it stayed put just long enough to get back around to the front straight.

Anyway... you guys get the idea.

YouTube - Body Positioning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn_beATjZvA)

Things to take notice of:
Loose upper body, arms, grip etc.
Little to no weight on the bars
Early lower-body set-up.
Looking through the turns.
Leading the bike w/ the body & "beating" it to the other side in the switch-backs.
etc, etc.

Hope ya like it.

Video was taken using the pre-packaged set up from CEdigital.com - Digital cameras, GPS navigation, refurbished and new electronics with warranties (http://www.cedigital.com/) that I borrowed from my teammate.

I'll be taking it to Thunderbolt Raceway, the brand new track in New Jersey, on Monday & hopefully I can get some more video.

Dnyce
10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
appreciate it.

nice music too

jeeps84
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Great Vid. :dthumb: It'll rock when you can remake it at full speed & more than one lap.

OreoGaborio
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Great Vid. :dthumb: It'll rock when you can remake it at full speed & more than one lap.

Thanks dude! I don't think full speed will look much different though, but I'll take another video the next time I get back up to Loudon. Unfortunately the soonest I'll be back is April :( Darn New England riding season!!!

Each spring I head down to VIR around late March/early April, then the racing season starts back up a few weeks later :rockwoot:

Trip
10-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Pretty kick ass view man, thanks for posting. I really want to get my bullet cam on my front fender next time.

OreoGaborio
10-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks, dude.

The problem w/ the fender is sometimes they're a little flimsy & the camera can shake around a bit. Usually under the nose, slightly off-set from center (so the fender doesn't come up & hit it when you compress the suspension) is a good place. Then there's always the old standby of putting it on the tank looking through the windscreen.

A buddy of mine records all his races & he's got his on his side fairing in a super tough bullet cam housing. Give a cool view, but isn't all that crash-worthy even w/ the sturdy housing.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Um Pete,you don't seem to get that far off the bike. That has always been my "problem" according to track professors in the past. Is that maybe just a change in basic technique? I'd imagine that it differs based on riding style,body size and bike. For the record,I haven't been on the track in over 10 years.

OreoGaborio
10-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Using the camera angle I used, it's tough to tell just how far I'm hanging off the bike. Compared to most track-day attendees I'm hanging off like a monkey. Put a less experienced rider on my bike w/ this camera & their chin & shoulders would probably never leave the field of view.

With that said, you make a good point... I'm NOT hanging off that far... you don't have to hang off all that much for it to be incredibly beneficial. Get your shoulder over your gas cap, your chin pointing through the turn & your ass 1/2 off the seat like I'm doing & you're doin pretty good.

Anyway, how far I was hanging off wasn't the point of the video... the things I was trying to demonstrate were listed in the first post.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Using the camera angle I used, it's tough to tell just how far I'm hanging off the bike. Compared to most track-day attendees I'm hanging off like a monkey. Put a less experienced rider on my bike w/ this camera & their chin & shoulders would probably never leave the field of view.

With that said, you make a good point... I'm NOT hanging off that far... you don't have to hang off all that much for it to be incredibly beneficial. Get your shoulder over your gas cap, your chin pointing through the turn & your ass 1/2 off the seat like I'm doing & you're doin pretty good.

Anyway, how far I was hanging off wasn't the point of the video... the things I was trying to demonstrate were listed in the first post.

Oh I'm sorry,I would have thought how far you hang off the bike to be encompassed by a thread with body positioning in the title....

Dnyce
10-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh I'm sorry,I would have thought how far you hang off the bike to be encompassed by a thread with body positioning in the title....

not how far, but how was his point i believe

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
not how far, but how was his point i believe

Yeah I guess,I was just looking for some advice. I've always been told that I don't get off the bike far enough.

marko138
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Yeah I guess,I was just looking for some advice. I've always been told that I don't get off the bike far enough.
Not everyone does. If it works for you then who cares. Everyone's so concerned with hanging off and making time...just have a good time. Thats what matters.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Not everyone does. If it works for you then who cares. Everyone's so concerned with hanging off and making time...just have a good time. Thats what matters.

Oh I agree with that completely! I was hoping some "words of wisdom" would help me get a feel for my bike again...

marko138
10-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh I agree with that completely! I was hoping some "words of wisdom" would help me get a feel for my bike again...
You know what you need to do: Ride it. Thats all there is to it.

Dnyce
10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
You know what you need to do: Ride it. Thats all there is to it.

bingo bango

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Man,I feel like I'm in a "two on one tag team match"! Ok,ok I'm gonna put some miles on tomorrow! It's supposed to be about 65* and sunny. Maybe,I'll hook my camera system back up...

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Man,I feel like I'm in a "two on one tag team match"! Ok,ok I'm gonna put some miles on tomorrow! It's supposed to be about 65* and sunny. Maybe,I'll hook my camera system back up...
Respect.

Mr Lefty
10-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Nice vid... what song is that... always liked it...

OreoGaborio
10-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Tigger, if you have specific questions about how/how much to hang off or if you want me to share some general tips on the subject, just ask. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but it seemed as though you're criticizing instead of asking for advice. :idk:

marko138
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Tigger, if you have specific questions about how/how much to hang off or if you want me to share some general tips on the subject, just ask. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but it seemed as though you're criticizing instead of asking for advice. :idk:
Don't mind Tigger, he's difficult sometimes.

Easy Tigger. Easy.

Amber Lamps
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Um Pete,you don't seem to get that far off the bike. That has always been my "problem" according to track professors in the past. Is that maybe just a change in basic technique? I'd imagine that it differs based on riding style,body size and bike. For the record,I haven't been on the track in over 10 years.

Here's a chance to read what I wrote again...where is the criticism of you in here? I asked a question about your body position. I asked if maybe techniques have changed. I gave a possible explanation. I gave my 10 years old POV. I'm sorry I didn't join everyone else on your ball sack but there any room left for little ol' me....

Mr Lefty
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM

this right here is what I think he's talking about

Amber Lamps
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Ah ah ah...this is what he said before I said that...

jeeps84
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm NOT hanging off that far... you don't have to hang off all that much for it to be incredibly beneficial. Get your shoulder over your gas cap, your chin pointing through the turn & your ass 1/2 off the seat like I'm doing

I think this sums it up best!

Amber Lamps
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
I think this sums it up best!

Yep! I guess I do get off the bike enough! Yay!!!

jeeps84
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Yep! I guess I do get off the bike enough! Yay!!!

I have never seen you ride but as marko said. Do what feels right. If you find somebody that is better rider than you(better, not faster). Ask'em about it. Maybe even follow and watch how they get it done.

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Nice Pete. Next time use someone without such an ugly mug :poke:
it seemed as though you're criticizing instead of asking for advice
Pete, I see you've met TIGGER. Good luck with that.

:lol:

Amber Lamps
10-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Nice Pete. Next time use someone without such an ugly mug :poke:

Pete, I see you've met TIGGER. Good luck with that.

:lol:

Hey where have you been? Oh and you should read the other thread it's much more interesting.:hitfan: He gets so mad that he insults my mother and everything!

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey where have you been? Oh and you should read the other thread it's much more interesting.:hitfan: He gets so mad that he insults my mother and everything!
I have been at the new NJ tracks and then at my best bud's wedding... just been busy.

And yes I just found that other thread... funny stuff in there! That was basically Pete's hazing into TWFix... to have a good argument with the one and only tigs :lol:

Also, just for clarification on a comment you made in that thread about a crash I had... I was NOT taken out... the crash was my fault. I never said otherwise.

Amber Lamps
10-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I have been at the new NJ tracks and then at my best bud's wedding... just been busy.

And yes I just found that other thread... funny stuff in there! That was basically Pete's hazing into TWFix... to have a good argument with the one and only tigs :lol:

Also, just for clarification on a comment you made in that thread about a crash I had... I was NOT taken out... the crash was my fault. I never said otherwise.

Really? Oh well,I apologize then. I thought that girl crashed and took you with her. I didn't say YOU said that,it was MY take on the situation. Honestly,I do apologize for the mistake. I do make them. Sorry.

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 01:35 AM
no worries was just clarifying

Amber Lamps
10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
no worries was just clarifying

Cool beans!:dthumb:

Ummmm..... So who are you voting for? How do you feel about rough riding at track days? Do you think regular members should be allowed to argue with mods? Hahahahaha of course I'm just kidding but it seems you've missed all the hot threads lately!!!

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Ummmm..... So who are you voting for? How do you feel about rough riding at track days? Do you think regular members should be allowed to argue with mods? Hahahahaha of course I'm just kidding but it seems you've missed all the hot threads lately!!!
Haha seriously I looked through the 'new posts' and like half of them are shitshows, a couple are locked, everything!

hahahahah awesome... i love when people fight and argue.

btw edit:
Obama.
It's pure douchebaggery... it's a fucking trackday, there is no trophy, I'm sorry your penis is small.
Yes, it is mandatory that you argue with trip, he's a homo.

marko138
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Haha seriously I looked through the 'new posts' and like half of them are shitshows, a couple are locked, everything!

hahahahah awesome... i love when people fight and argue.

btw edit:
Obama.
It's pure douchebaggery... it's a fucking trackday, there is no trophy, I'm sorry your penis is small.
Yes, it is mandatory that you argue with trip, he's a homo.
Poor body position caused me a low side. You've missed alot.

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Poor body position caused me a low side. You've missed alot.
Oh snap... sorry to hear that buddy. Where's the thread?

And you missed a lot as well... at NJMP... :D Ok ok, salt in the wound, I'm sorry...

marko138
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh snap... sorry to hear that buddy. Where's the thread?

And you missed a lot as well... at NJMP... :D Ok ok, salt in the wound, I'm sorry...
Didn't make one. Check the Suomy helmet thread for a miny story. No big deal. I'm fine. Bike's fine. I'll be back on the road in a couple days...parts are in the mail.

ceo012384
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Didn't make one. Check the Suomy helmet thread for a miny story. No big deal. I'm fine. Bike's fine. I'll be back on the road in a couple days...parts are in the mail.

Yeah I found it... got snaps of the carnage? Sounds not too bad.

You lose the front or the rear?

marko138
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah I found it... got snaps of the carnage? Sounds not too bad.

You lose the front or the rear?
Didn't take pics. Not even worth it.

I just sorta twitched at low speed and lost traction and it slid away.