PDA

View Full Version : Pedrosa's manager slams Hayden

Mr Lefty
10-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Wow... dude's almost as big a bitch as Danni is...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/user/2008/october/Pedrosas-manager-slams-Hayden-/

Pedrosa's manager slams Hayden

By matto3227

MotoGP

09 October 2008 10:04

Dani Pedrosa's manager Alberto Puig has launched a scathing attack on the Spaniard's Repsol Honda teammate Nicky Hayden.

The relationship between the pair has been strained since Pedrosa collided with Hayden at Estoril in 2006 in an incident that looked set to destroy the American's title hopes until Valentino Rossi's crash in the Valencia finale allowed Hayden to claim the crown after all.

When a wall was erected down the centre of the Honda garage at Indianapolis following Pedrosa's controversial mid-season switch to Bridgestone tyres, Hayden hinted that it would make little difference because there had been no exchange between the two riders' crews anyway.

But in an outspoken interview with the official MotoGP website, Puig has accused Hayden of relying on Pedrosa's set-ups and of harbouring jealousy towards the Spaniard. "All I can say is that Hayden may be bothered because now he can't access information and telemetry data from Dani's bike," Puig told motogp.com.

"With this information he was able to improve his riding, as he had all of Dani's references and now he can't use that any longer. He was simply copying as he never knew how to set-up a bike." A professional rider can't be complaining because he can't get access to the other rider's data, because finding what works best is his job, not the other rider's.

"Everybody knows that a racing team doesn't work like a football team. It involves two riders, but each is working for himself and the factory will support the rider who has the best chance. Because when it comes to winning, only one rider wins. It has always been like this and it always will be like this - anybody who says the opposite is just lying to look good."

Puig claimed that Hayden had never been an equal rival to Pedrosa. "Honestly, and without trying to offend anyone, there was never a rivalry in the garage," he said. "Nicky won the title when Dani was in his first MotoGP season, and since then there was no rivalry because he (Hayden) didn't get the results. On his own, Dani gained experience in this class and Nicky was always behind him, so Nicky has never been a serious rival."

Hayden will leave the Honda team for Ducati at the end of the season, with Andrea Dovizioso taking the place. The Italian has already intimated that he expects a difficult relationship with Pedrosa and Puig, who said Pedrosa will regard Dovizioso as just another rival.

"He has shown loyalty to the factory, and now he gets a perfect move for him," said Puig of Dovizioso. "As for how it will affect us? It really won't change much and won't affect our way of working. He will be another rival on the track."

PiZdETS
10-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Yeah I saw this earlier, what a complete fag. Can't wait for Hayden to own Pedrosa next year on the Ducati.

Mr Lefty
10-13-2008, 06:13 AM
I found it intresting... as wasn't Hayden the development rider for Honda? :lol:

Rider
10-13-2008, 08:33 AM
I saw that last week.. Puig is a whiny bitch.

Carolina
10-13-2008, 08:52 AM
:iagree::iagree::bs:

marko138
10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
A whiny manager for a whiny midget. What a fucking dickhead. And he speaks shitty of the midgets new teammate already. What an ass.

Amber Lamps
10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Man,I am always on the wrong side.... I like Pedrosa,I've been watching him since his 125 days and have always been impressed with his riding. I don't really care for his personality but if you have access to past interviews with him,you'll see that this is something that has developed from the constant attacks (even now in this thread) about his size. He has an incredible amount of talent and tenacity. I've mentioned this before but he won a 250 championship with two broken ankles people! You have got to respect that! Oh and come on,Hayden has been crying and bitching about Pedrosa all season. About how the new bike was developed for Dani and not him,etc. I personally agree with Puig that Nicky sucks at bike set-up or how do you explain how two riders on the same bike can have such wildly different results? I guess we'll see when your boy gets on the Duc. If Stoner owns him,then what will you all say?

Rider
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
If Stoner owns him,then what will you all say?

Good for Stoner, I fucking hate Nicky anyway, more than I hate Pedrosa.

PiZdETS
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm very disappointed we couldn't get into the pits at Indy. I really wanted to talk shit to Pedrosa.
I think I would have intimidated his pocket-sized, faggot ass. Would have been hilarious up until I got kicked out of the race.

marko138
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm very disappointed we couldn't get into the pits at Indy. I really wanted to talk shit to Pedrosa.
I think I would have intimidated his pocket-sized, faggot ass. Would have been hilarious up until I got kicked out of the race.
You'd be like Mr. Larson to his Shooter McGavin. :lol:

"Well good for Happy Gillm-oooooh My GOD!"

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/happygilmoresabatoge11.jpg

JoJoYZF
10-13-2008, 01:53 PM

:lol: great reference marko

PiZdETS
10-13-2008, 01:56 PM

hahaahaha well played

marko138
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Makes me want to watch that movie again.

Rider
10-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Makes me want to watch that movie again.

"You eat pieces of shit?" Best comeback in that movie. :lol:

r!der
10-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Puig is pushing Pedrosas shit in. :panic:

I always thought there was something funny going on there when I saw a picture of pedrosa sitting on Puigs lap. :diitb: LOL

r!der
10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
k, not the one I remember seeing, but a no surprise there's more than one.

the chi
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
that is ridiculously gay!:diitb:

marko138
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Doods left hand is up his ass.

Rider
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Ghey to the infinite power.

PiZdETS
10-13-2008, 03:49 PM
That pictures gayer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys.

JoJoYZF
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
That pictures gayer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys.

Damn, thats almost drewpy gay

jeeps84
10-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Pedrosa is a great rider but Niki is too. Funny how he is still finishing ahead of Pedrosa.

Amber Lamps
10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Pedrosa is a great rider but Niki is too. Funny how he is still finishing ahead of Pedrosa.

Oh now,let's not get crazy over a few decent results.

Mr Lefty
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh now,let's not get crazy over a few decent results.
well those few decent results landed him a championship 2 years ago...

sorry... but until pedrosa wins a championship in motogp... he's second tier to Nicky...

Amber Lamps
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM

sorry... but until pedrosa wins a championship in motogp... he's second tier to Nicky...

Fair enough! This is Dani's 3nd season right? We'll see what happens next year!

Mr Lefty
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
what season did Niky win in? his third right?... it'll be really intresting to see what happens next year...

but remember Nicky also beat Rossi when no one could stop him... there wasn't Stoner or Lorenzo to steal pt's away... pretty much it was Nicky and Rossi...

Amber Lamps
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
what season did Niky win in? his third right?... it'll be really intresting to see what happens next year...

but remember Nicky also beat Rossi when no one could stop him... there wasn't Stoner or Lorenzo to steal pt's away... pretty much it was Nicky and Rossi...

What?

Mr Lefty
10-14-2008, 01:18 AM
ahh yeah ya got me... forgot that Cap and Melandri rode well that year also...

marko138
10-14-2008, 09:09 AM

Exactly.

jeeps84
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
ahh yeah ya got me... forgot that Cap and Melandri rode well that year also...

But Nicky and Rossi did it the most consistently!

smileyman
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
MotoGP, like all top level sports, is full of politics. Puig is an ass, a never was, that thanks to Spanish sponsor Repsol has way too much input in the HRC effort. Pedrosa will never be a MotoGP champion and I don't see HRC being on the top step of the championship again until they tell him and Piug to get lost...

Amber Lamps
10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
But Nicky and Rossi did it the most consistently!

What?

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
What what? The numbers put him on top even with your post. That means he finished better. Hence him winning the championship.

Captain Morgan
10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Wow, what a douche. I like how he's already slamming his new teammate.

Fair enough! This is Dani's 3nd season right? We'll see what happens next year!

3nd? Is that half of 6rd? :lol: Sorry dude, couldn't resist.

Amber Lamps
10-16-2008, 02:07 PM
What what? The numbers put him on top even with your post. That means he finished better. Hence him winning the championship.

2 ROSSI Valentino ITA 247 2 25 13 - - 25 25 8 20 25 - 20 25 16 20 20 3

My "what" refers to the fact that Rossi was anything but "consistant"! Allow me to bring your attention to the 1st race crash 2 pts,races 4 and 5 dnf,8th race crash 8pts, race 11 dnf,then last race crash 3pts. Nicki certainly "won" the championship but it was through Rossi's inconsistency and NOT because he rode particularly great. In fact, Dani won just as many races that year which was his 1st season in MotoGp. Also,note that the races Nicky won were races that Rossi crashed out of....I'm just saying...

Note: I just remembered that some of VR's dnfs were mechanical but still dnfs of course...and if you want to get really mean spirited,Rossi was for all intents and purposes out of 6 of the 17 rounds and Nicky could only manage a 5 point lead at the end of the season.

Amber Lamps
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Wow, what a douche. I like how he's already slamming his new teammate.

3nd? Is that half of 6rd? :lol: Sorry dude, couldn't resist.

Wow!!! Well,you have to admit that I very rarely make those kind of mistakes! I'm with you,in that I despise what has become of the English language when a "hood rat" such as myself has better grammatical skills than a forum full of college graduates!

smileyman
10-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Well Nicky does get to keep the trophy in the end. No doubt Rossi is a great rider. Still yu rteam has to finish races to win the championship. As for Pedro, Nicky outscores him by 23 points in the last 3 races with the garage divider up and equal machinery.

Amber Lamps
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Well Nicky does get to keep the trophy in the end. No doubt Rossi is a great rider. Still yu rteam has to finish races to win the championship. As for Pedro, Nicky outscores him by 23 points in the last 3 races with the garage divider up and equal machinery.

That's true. I honestly don't know what's going on with Dani. Anymore than I understand what happened to Stoner. To be honest,in the last couple years,it has seemed as if only a few riders can keep their shit together at any one time.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Dani is simply inconsistent. To add to his worries those magic tires actually did take some getting used to. When he has someone mentoring him and mentally massaging him he does OK but when he has do get it done on his own he struggles. By that I mean when he is fast set up wise he can click off the times, but when something, anything upsets his confidence he just can't rebound or ride around it.

Amber Lamps
10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Dani is simply inconsistent. To add to his worries those magic tires actually did take some getting used to. When he has someone mentoring him and mentally massaging him he does OK but when he has do get it done on his own he struggles. By that I mean when he is fast set up wise he can click off the times, but when something, anything upsets his confidence he just can't rebound or ride around it.

Ummmm...I guess but championship with two broken ankles.... oh and I felt that VR came to grips with the new tires ok...he dad more test time I think...

smileyman
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Well Vale didn't switch tires midseason. He ran Michelins until the end of 07 and then had all winter to work and test the Bridgestones.

And talk about injuries. What a year. Dani, Nicky, Hopkins, Lorenzo, I think Capirossi missed a round or two...It has been a rough season.