PDA

View Full Version : Now Im thinking about Stomp Grips

Quick281
10-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Its cheap, and could save my balls. The reviews I have read also lead me to believe that this is a worth while investment as far body positioning goes. Thoughts? And of course I can't figure out whether I would go black or clear. I don't mind being tedious and keep airbubbles out, but I sort of think the black could look good on my black/red theme. And an additional note, think I am going to pull the GSXR stickers off when I get home. Keep it black/red with just the suzuki on the bottom.

Note: My last day of work in Alaska and I am bored as hell. :)

Some pictures to help with your opinions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pootiestang/Bike/Random032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pootiestang/Bike/Maintenance/FirstTrip005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pootiestang/Bike/Maintenance/FirstTrip009.jpg

Trip
10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
do you slide around a lot?

Shift
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Put the spoiler back on your stang. :dthumb:

Quick281
10-15-2008, 03:12 PM
do you slide around a lot?

I wouldn't say that I am leaning over nearly enough to have issues but when riding around town with stop and go traffic, I seem to get reamed up on the tank enough times to crush the balls and work in a wedgie.

Put the spoiler back on your stang. :dthumb:

Hehe, I like it off. Not only was it worth 1 mph in the 1/4 but when you remove the spoil and the GT bumper people start to think your driving a v6. :whistle:

jtemple
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's mine with Stomp Grip if you're curious about how the clear looks.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/jesse.temple/SLDWl6qq3VI/AAAAAAAAA20/m_CGj1gx0M4/s800/P7282010.JPG

PhiSig1071
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Hmm, I never thought about it helping with sliding forward. Interesting. I'll probably pick up a set sometime soon.

It may be just the angle, but in the first picture it almost looks like there's Armor-all on your tires?

Quick281
10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's mine with Stomp Grip if you're curious about how the clear looks.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/jesse.temple/SLDWl6qq3VI/AAAAAAAAA20/m_CGj1gx0M4/s1600/P7282010.JPG

:x:

Hmm, I never thought about it helping with sliding forward. Interesting. I'll probably pick up a set sometime soon.

It may be just the angle, but in the first picture it almost looks like there's Armor-all on your tires?

Am I wrong to assume they help in the carving department as well? I have seen people on other sites praise them, but I usually take the opinions of other forums with a grain of salt.

In the first picture the wheel seems to be in the shade. I can promise that I didn't put Armor All on the tires.:panic:

Trip
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Am I wrong to assume they help in the carving department as well? I have seen people on other sites praise them, but I usually take the opinions of other forums with a grain of salt.

Depends, do you slide around on the seat a lot or have trouble gripping the tank with your legs. If you don't have any problems with that, then you don't need them. If you have problems, you need them.

Quick281
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Depends, do you slide around on the seat a lot or have trouble gripping the tank with your legs. If you don't have any problems with that, then you don't need them. If you have problems, you need them.

I have had problems gripping the tank with my legs, but I can't imagine people that wouldn't. Althought I suppose leathers probably helps with grip.

DIMford
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Leather doesn't help with the grip on the tank. I slid just as much in leathers as I did in jeans. Since I put my stomp grips on I haven't had a visit from the nutcracker.

Amber Lamps
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Leather doesn't help with the grip on the tank. I slid just as much in leathers as I did in jeans. Since I put my stomp grips on I haven't had a visit from the nutcracker.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh here's mine,note the Woodcrafts,oh I'm still waiting for cf "S"s, grrrrr!

And how do you likr the dent in the "Hooptie" nice huh?

DIMford
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh here's mine,note the Woodcrafts,oh I'm still waiting for cf "S"s, grrrrr!

And how do you likr the dent in the "Hooptie" nice huh?

Nice Job. I got the cheap ones that you cut yourself. They turned out like this, but for a primarily track bike they are still good. Plus they do their job.

Amber Lamps
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I almost bought universal oval pads because I didn't really want that "total coverage" look that I have now....

DLIT
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Black.

Dave
10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Black.

racist :P

t-homo
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I think black would look pretty cool.

Dnyce
10-16-2008, 03:15 AM
black would look perfect on the red/black gsxr

the chi
10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
ya know, I dont understand this whole slippage issue. I dont slide around much on my bike in any kind of riding unless its intentional (or on steep inclines and declines like trips home area), but I use my legs to grip and shift. Maybe my experience riding horses helps with this, but I just dont understand how people move around so much and worry about sliding...:idk:

That said, I like the clear ones! And the smaller ones like Dim's are super classy lookin!

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I used clear on my 998. Did nice job keeping the boys of that narrow tank during braking.

Amber Lamps
10-16-2008, 02:31 PM
ya know, I dont understand this whole slippage issue. I dont slide around much on my bike in any kind of riding unless its intentional (or on steep inclines and declines like trips home area), but I use my legs to grip and shift. Maybe my experience riding horses helps with this, but I just dont understand how people move around so much and worry about sliding...:idk:

That said, I like the clear ones! And the smaller ones like Dim's are super classy lookin!

It's one of those things...unless you have used them for a while,you will not understand. I rode for longer than some of you have been alive without stompgrips. I can ride quite well without them. It's almost the same as trying to explain steel braided brake lines to someone who's never used them. Or my gel seat. Or rear sets. Or high dollar helmets vs cheaper ones. Etc.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM

you have normal sized legs on a midget body... and you weigh what 90lbs soak and wet in your lethers... (which I wouldn't mind seeing btw :wink:) of course you don't slide much...

I know I felt very "loose" when at the dragon in my leather teknic pants... didn't like the feeling at all...

dReWpY
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
just cause your slutty and loose doesnt mean you have to share it with the class

Quick281
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
As usual thank you for everyones input. The pictures look great and I think the clear ones look excellent. I am also glad to see they are doing a good job of keeping the jewels off the tank.

I may go with black just to be a little different, and if I don't like it I can always get clear for another 40 bucks.

Amber Lamps
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM
As usual thank you for everyones input. The pictures look great and I think the clear ones look excellent. I am also glad to see they are doing a good job of keeping the jewels off the tank.

I may go with black just to be a little different, and if I don't like it I can always get clear for another 40 bucks.

Very true! I don't know if this will work but I had a crazy idea of getting vinyl and tracing out the stompgrip pattern and putting that on my tank first and then the clear stompgrip. If you don't like it,you should be able to peel the SG off,the vinyl off and then put the SG back on. Just an idea....

Quick281
10-18-2008, 07:22 AM
If you don't like it,you should be able to peel the SG off,the vinyl off and then put the SG back on. Just an idea....

Thats a great idea Tig, I may just do that. I am placing my order right now which means stuff should be arriving in Atlanta shortly after I get home. Sweet god I love Alaska, but damn I miss civilization.

Dnyce
10-18-2008, 05:07 PM
if u could get the vinyl to stick well enough, u could basically have any color stompgrip that way

marko138
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I'd go with black myself.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 05:18 PM
if u could get the vinyl to stick well enough, u could basically have any color stompgrip that way

Yeah,it's an idea I've kicked around for a while... I even mentioned it to the stompgrip people the last time I talked to them.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I'd go with black myself.

I think black would look great on his bike too! My only concern is it wouldn't follow the design of the existing paint job.

Dnyce
10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah,it's an idea I've kicked around for a while... I even mentioned it to the stompgrip people the last time I talked to them.

id guess they blew u off as not cost efficient, since with the clear u automatically get the bike color anyway. still a gd idea for some added flair...

his bike is black and red, black goes perfect to me anyway

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 06:00 PM
crappy pc job but...

marko138
10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
crappy pc job but...
Really crappy. :rf: But I'd still go with black.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Really crappy. :rf: But I'd still go with black.

blow me...

marko138
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
blow me...
:lol: Easy big fella. I don't roll that way.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
:lol: Easy big fella. I don't roll that way.

You're not very nice at all! Let's see you do a better pc job poophead! Btw I looked for a pic with the black and it was a no go. Also.I didn't see black as an option on SG's website....

marko138
10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
You're not very nice at all! Let's see you do a better pc job poophead! Btw I looked for a pic with the black and it was a no go. Also.I didn't see black as an option on SG's website....
I'm no good at that shit.

Dnyce
10-18-2008, 07:15 PM
damn that was crappy tig, not like i could better tho haha

idk why they arent on the site, ceo has some, i see em on retail sites, so they do exist

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 07:55 PM
damn that was crappy tig, not like i could better tho haha

idk why they arent on the site, ceo has some, i see em on retail sites, so they do exist

Jeepers gang,it looks like we have a mystery on our hands! Grab Scooby and let's go...

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Jeepers gang,it looks like we have a mystery on our hands! Grab Scooby and let's go...
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/Mystery%20Machine3.jpg

Quick281
10-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the attempt Tig. I went ahead and ordered black but it was on back order from Kneedraggers.com so I will see when I actually get it. I realize I could have ordered them somewhere else but I was spending about 500 bucks at the site and wanted them to have my business regardless of the wait.

I am not in Anchorage and blurring the time by via alcohol. I am looking forward to Tuesday night, back in the A!

Leon
11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting some after scuffing up my paint with my leathers.

Can anyone tell me how comfortable it is when you're in jeans not leathers?

jtemple
11-14-2008, 08:30 PM
It feels different. Not uncomfortable, just different. You get used to it. A smooth tank would probably feel strange to me now.

Quick281
11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking about getting some after scuffing up my paint with my leathers.

Can anyone tell me how comfortable it is when you're in jeans not leathers?

I hope to have these on in the next week and I will let you know what I think of them.

Amber Lamps
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I hope to have these on in the next week and I will let you know what I think of them.

They are the shit! I never wear leathers anymore and I love them! I can't imagine riding without,it's just weird!