PDA

View Full Version : Damn it Kawasaki

Shift
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I dunno if it's been stated or not but did anyone else notice that Kawi bumped up the 09 250R MSRP to 4k instead of 3.5k. :panic: And I wanted one too.

Trip
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
ass sluts, did they make any updates?

Shift
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
ass sluts, did they make any updates?

Hell no not even damn color changes. Except for the green/black edition one you can get for an extra $100.

For that extra money assholes should have added FI.

Dave
10-15-2008, 09:21 PM
helooo dollar is worth shit. lucky it was only 500

Rider
10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Every bike went up this year $500 regardless of an update or not.

DLIT
10-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Still worth $4k.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I only paid 5 for my first new Gixxer. They go up every few years.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
American dollar is worth squat. Imports cost more...I bet you can still work a dealer though, they will be awful desperate to sell stuff by next spring!:diitb:

BobTheBiker
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
this is partially in preparation of the removal of the EX500 from their lineup. good riddance to that model.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
American dollar is worth squat. Imports cost more...I bet you can still work a dealer though, they will be awful desperate to sell stuff by next spring!:diitb:

I'm hope'n the honda dealerships still have some 08 600rr's in Feb that they're desprate to sell... :drool:

Shift
10-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm hope'n the honda dealerships still have some 08 600rr's in Feb that they're desprate to sell... :drool:

lol wouldn't count on it. Maybe it's dif where u guys are but in the past two years here we've never had a 600rr sit on the floor more then 2 days so I doubt they'll have any trouble with leftovers.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
quit pissing on my dreams

JoJoYZF
10-16-2008, 10:01 PM
quit pissing on my dreams

Most of the stuff that I see sitting at dealers around here is used 07s, havent seen many 08s sit around for too long.

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
lol, economy

Dave
10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Omg classic

smileyman
10-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Is that Randy De-punt-ngay? Always taking out the competition....

The Yammie/Kawi/Suzuki dealer here in Fayett-nam is always having left over units on sale. And the Honda dealers here in Arkansas almost always have a left over sportbike...Sometimes 2 years old. I think Honda makes each dealer stock a certain number and here in the land of the redneck it seems CBR1000s sit unloved and unwanted...I had a friend recently score a sweet deal on a new 07!

Porkchop
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
On the issue of the Ninja 250R, I had a quick chat with my dealer buddy about that. He actually told me it has nothing to do with the market. He told me that they are actually producing less than last year!!! You thought it was hard to find one last year... good luck this year. You want one, get on the list NOW!!! See its all about supply and demand. Kawasaki saw how they were being lapped up last year and figured if someone wanted them that bad, someone would be willing to fork over the extra $500. Which they are.

Now this isnt my dealer, but me and my business mumbo-jumbo. Think about this. Say last year Kawi produced the bikes for 3,300 and sold them for 3,500. So for every 8 bikes produced they were making 1,600 in profit. Now the big wigs over there are smart. This year they produce 7 bikes at the cost of 3,300 and sell them at 4,000. People still buy them. That would be 4,900 in profit. Now they are making more than the cost to build another unit as well as the profit that comes with it. So why would they build it??? Keep the production costs down, more profit. It's genious....

Alright, im done.... :whistle:

Shift
10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
On the issue of the Ninja 250R, I had a quick chat with my dealer buddy about that. He actually told me it has nothing to do with the market. He told me that they are actually producing less than last year!!! You thought it was hard to find one last year... good luck this year. You want one, get on the list NOW!!!

Did he actually show you any official paperwork from Kawasaki stating their production numbers. If I worked at a dealer I'd tell someone the same thing in order to make a sell now and get them on the waiting list like the rest of my suckers. The increase in MSRP is normal just like every other year to adjust for inflation. I Just bitched about it in this thread because I actually had somewhat intention of buying a new one if I could get what i felt would be a good deal for one.

And on a side note, Motorcycles/ATV's/Etc are the smallest part of Kawasaki. They pail in comparison to the other Big 3 Japs where in comes to recreational motorsports.. So I don't think they would ever look at the tiny baby profit they get from the 250R as big bucks in their payroll

Porkchop
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Nah, he is my friend. Not trying to sell me one at all. He actually wants to sell me a bigger bike (commission). But i'm not buying thru a dealer used. They are such a rip off. I mean i know they have to make money, but come on, all these docking fees, assembly fees, handling fees, inspection fees, cleaning fees etc etc etc....

But even though it is a small percentage of their overall production, any good business would want to maximize profit to the most of their ability, even if it is one model. You have to think about that model size in a macro perspective as well... But then again materials are getting more expensive....

Sixxxxer
10-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Nah, he is my friend. Not trying to sell me one at all. He actually wants to sell me a bigger bike (commission). But i'm not buying thru a dealer used. They are such a rip off. I mean i know they have to make money, but come on, all these docking fees, assembly fees, handling fees, inspection fees, cleaning fees etc etc etc....

But even though it is a small percentage of their overall production, any good business would want to maximize profit to the most of their ability, even if it is one model. You have to think about that model size in a macro perspective as well... But then again materials are getting more expensive....

Of course he wants to sell you a Bigger Bike...More money in His Pocket.

Lol

101lifts2
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM

You'll love the 600rr...I have an 07 and it fuckin rocks...seriously.

Even at 4k..the Kawi will sell out. It did here in CA by July.