PDA

View Full Version : Suomy helmets

marko138
10-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Anyone know of a place they are cheap? I need a new one. Thank you.

Trip
10-16-2008, 08:46 AM
sportbiketrackgear.com sells them and they usually have decent deals.

DLIT
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Didn't itgirl post closeouts and one store a while back? I thought I saw some Suomys on there.

Rider
10-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Performance Motorsports. (616)312-2112 Ask for Chad.

http://www.performancemoto.com/

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, You HAVE to call them to get the best deal, their online prices are NOT the best price you can get.

dReWpY
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
how often do ppl replace there helmets?

i am goin on two years and thinking about a new one... two years and 36k miles

marko138
10-16-2008, 10:25 AM

An unfortunate left hander caused mine to be in need of replacement.

Rider
10-16-2008, 11:05 AM

You went down? Hows the XB? I assume since you are posting you are fine, because you always wear your gear.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 11:09 AM

Dont leave us Hang'n!

http://www.cargolaw.com/images/Singles.Hang3.GIF

marko138
10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm fine. Leathers are worth their weight in gold. I've got a bruised elbow from the impact...but thats it. Bike is fine...broken shift linkage and busted mirror. Other than that...not a scratch on it. Sliders did their job.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 07:08 PM

I heard rule of thumb is after any accident where your helmet impacts anything, or 3 years... can't remember where i heard that... think it was like Cycle world or some shit.

I'm fine. Leathers are worth their weight in gold. I've got a bruised elbow from the impact...but thats it. Bike is fine...broken shift linkage and busted mirror. Other than that...not a scratch on it. Sliders did their job.

damn... glad your alright bro... what caused ya to go down?

jalaan1
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
whew. as long as the Buell's OK.

JK
glad yur OK and nothing major with the bike.

marko138
10-17-2008, 07:45 AM
I heard rule of thumb is after any accident where your helmet impacts anything, or 3 years... can't remember where i heard that... think it was like Cycle world or some shit.

damn... glad your alright bro... what caused ya to go down?
A momentary lapse in judgement. I got just a bit to daring and comfortable on a road I didn't know. I was less than a half hour from home. Came just a touch too hot into the corner and ran out of tire.

Mr Lefty
10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
well glad your alright... don't let it get ya down to much...

marko138
10-17-2008, 08:09 AM
well glad your alright... don't let it get ya down to much...
Nothing I can do about it at this point. I'm just glad the bike isn't all fucked up. Only scratch on it is on the primary from the shifter. I'm happy about that.

Mr Lefty
10-17-2008, 08:41 AM
that's good...

Rider
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Is that the first time youve ever been down? You were running the Diablo Corsa's ?

marko138
10-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Is that the first time youve ever been down? You were running the Diablo Corsa's ?
First time on the Buell...not first time overall. Yes, Corsa III's.

Rider
10-17-2008, 08:58 AM
First time on the Buell...not first time overall. Yes, Corsa III's.

Still happy with the tire performance overall though? You just tipped it over too far or was the the tire just not gripping the road?

marko138
10-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Still happy with the tire performance overall though? You just tipped it over too far or was the the tire just not gripping the road?
It was gripping fine. There was no slip prior to this...and that was over 100 miles worth of riding. So it was all me on this one.

Rider
10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Well I'm glad you're ok and the bike isnt hurt. :dthumb:

marko138
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Well I'm glad you're ok and the bike isnt hurt. :dthumb:
Thanks man.

Sixxxxer
10-17-2008, 10:24 AM
www.extremesupply.com

I got mine there...

marko138
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
www.extremesupply.com

I got mine there...
I bought my last one there too...but they aren't terribly cheap. I'm finding some killer deals on Arai RX7's...might try it out.

Rider
10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I bought my last one there too...but they aren't terribly cheap. I'm finding some killer deals on Arai RX7's...might try it out.

Try one on before you buy, the Arai's fit a different shape head than the Suomy's

marko138
10-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Try one on before you buy, the Arai's fit a different shape head than the Suomy's
Yeah I tried them on. Suomy's run small...I wear XL in them. The L RX7 fit me good.

the chi
10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
glad to hear both you and the bike are ok!

Can i just say how refreshing it is to see someone take responsibility for their actions for once? versus blaming everything under the sun other than themselves?! Not saying you even did anything wrong, since this happens to all of us, but you know what I mean!

marko138
10-17-2008, 03:36 PM
glad to hear both you and the bike are ok!

Can i just say how refreshing it is to see someone take responsibility for their actions for once? versus blaming everything under the sun other than themselves?! Not saying you even did anything wrong, since this happens to all of us, but you know what I mean!
It was all me. There was nothing in the road or anything. Honestly, I had too much lean angle and not enough speed.

azoomm
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Give Steve a call at AF1Racing 877.626.3966

I've bought three Suomy's from them in the past few months - the latest is the Pin-up. LOVE LOVE love it.

Great price, great service. I recommend the vandal - it has a better shield system, same shell as the Spec-1R with better venting for a lower price.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/Mattress05.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/Mattress06.jpg

Gas Man
10-17-2008, 09:01 PM
As long as the bike is fine... fuck the helmet...

Buy a nolan.

marko138
10-18-2008, 11:27 AM
As long as the bike is fine... fuck the helmet...

Buy a nolan.
Not interested in Nolan. Suomy or Arai.

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Not interested in Nolan. Suomy or Arai.

Hey a guy on this forum says he got a good deal on a Suomy Vandal. Check with him,he's kind of a dick and doesn't want to tell people what he paid.... Oh and my 2009 helmet just might be a Nolan...

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey a guy on this forum says he got a good deal on a Suomy Vandal. Check with him,he's kind of a dick and doesn't want to tell people what he paid.... Oh and my 2009 helmet just might be a Nolan...
Thanks, I'll look this jerkoff up. See what he's up to.

Gas Man
10-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Fuck the flashy helmets... My nolan is hands down the best piece of helmetry I've ever picked up. Second would then have to be the shark. Fuck those aria and suomy crap.

The other day one of the guys I ride with had a Seer. It was a nice helmet... 3/4 with the snap on visor and a snap on flippable windscreen. The cool thing was it had a strap for the back of your head that kept it from rotating back. Super comfortable according to this guy, who is known for not wearing a helmet. Same brand most mc cops use. And you got to figure if the cop uses it, its got to be comfortable being they wear it ALL day!

Amber Lamps
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Fuck the flashy helmets... My nolan is hands down the best piece of helmetry I've ever picked up. Second would then have to be the shark. Fuck those aria and suomy crap.

The other day one of the guys I ride with had a Seer. It was a nice helmet... 3/4 with the snap on visor and a snap on flippable windscreen. The cool thing was it had a strap for the back of your head that kept it from rotating back. Super comfortable according to this guy, who is known for not wearing a helmet. Same brand most mc cops use. And you got to figure if the cop uses it, its got to be comfortable being they wear it ALL day!

I've heard good things about Nolan for years and have been tempted but... it can be hard to break away from the mainstream. Then again,I've owned a Laser,OGK,FM,Bieffe,AGV,etc so :idk: how I've missed Nolan... They used to have this crazy convertible lid that came with a visor! X-lite is another company I haven't tried... so many helmets and so little time!

marko138
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM

This has got to be a joke right? Arai and Suomy crap? :rofl: Laughable at best, my friend.