PDA

View Full Version : Nice intro for a bike dealer....

Rider
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
:panic::panic::panic: WTF are they thinking? Only in Tennessee. :idk:

http://www.lansfordkawasaki.com/

NONE_too_SOFT
10-16-2008, 12:34 PM
eh. stupid sells.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Obviously a dealer interested in promoting safe and responsible riding....:panic:

dReWpY
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
clearly

Trip
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
That's hilarious and we live right near them and I have never seen this.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Squids buy bikes too!

6doublefive321
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Squidly sells on the plateau.

the chi
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Im speechless.

Then again, is this any different than selling a bike to a newb with no license or insurance?

Shift
10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Only at a Suzuki dealership. :panic:

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:36 PM
wow... I am...just... wow

t-homo
10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm really not surprised about it. What percentage of riders would rather pop a wheelie than drag a knee. Probably a pretty big number.

Trip
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I passed it on to the locals, some of them know the owner. We will see if it changes.

Shift
10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm really not surprised about it. What percentage of riders would rather pop a wheelie than drag a knee. Probably a pretty big number.

Speaking of that. I'm on Hwy 29 today about 9 in the morning coming home and I see an RC51 coming in the next lane. (wearing jeans, short sleeve, and a $100 POS helmet) He waives to me from a good distance and I start to way back and this jackass pulls up the front end and looks at me as if I'm suppose to do the same. So instead of sticking by whole arm out to way like normal I decide one finger would be more appropriate. :idk:

JoJoYZF
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Im speechless.

Then again, is this any different than selling a bike to a newb with no license or insurance?

Im gonna have to say yes since I bought my bike before I had a license or insurance. Of course I was already signed up for the msf (didnt ride until after I took the course) and I called my insurance company after the deal was finished.

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Just emailed Suzuki USA and Kawasaki USA

Landsford Kawasaki of Crossville Tennessee's dealer website opens with a video of a sportbike doing a wheelie on a public street with the rider wearing no gear.
This looks bad for your brand and bad for motorcyclist in general. It's especially detrimental to those thinking of getting into motorcycles as that type of idiocy no doubt turns many away.
http://www.lansfordkawasaki.com/
Just thought you'd like to know.
I bet they love selling liters to 17 year olds.

Dave
10-16-2008, 10:40 PM
who gives a shit? really? turns out we're still the land of the free for three more weeks. let them advertise however the hell they want. and seriously, who EVER visits a website before they actually go to the dealer?

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Eh I care. There's already states cracking down on sportbikes and idiotic politicians talking of limiting the size/power of them in this country and elsewhere.
A dealer representing two of the biggest motorcycle makers promoting the type of idiotic behavior that gets newbs killed and good riders targeted by cops is bad for everyone.
This could easily get spun as
"TONIGHT AT ELEVEN, KAWSUKI AND SUZAKEE, TWO OF THE BIG CROTCHSCOOTERROCKETS MAKERS ARE TELLING NEW RIDERS TO RUN FROM POLICE ON THEIR WEBSITE, FULL STORY AFTER THE WEATHER"

Dave
10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
turns out they'd probably do that anyway. politicos are all about controlling your life through legislation. dumbasses'll probably bankrupt the planet if they keep it up. and btw the power is already limited in this country thanks to our idiotic emissions regulations. new bikes show up so lean i wouldnt even want to ride one until it had at least a pciii

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Agreed. I blame videogames.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Eh I care. There's already states cracking down on sportbikes and idiotic politicians talking of limiting the size/power of them in this country and elsewhere.
A dealer representing two of the biggest motorcycle makers promoting the type of idiotic behavior that gets newbs killed and good riders targeted by cops is bad for everyone.
This could easily get spun as
"TONIGHT AT ELEVEN, KAWSUKI AND SUZAKEE, TWO OF THE BIG CROTCHSCOOTERROCKETS MAKERS ARE TELLING NEW RIDERS TO RUN FROM POLICE ON THEIR WEBSITE, FULL STORY AFTER THE WEATHER"

exactly... unfortunatly it promotes a style of riding that is both illegal and extreemly dangerous. and one that it the MAJOR point of the distane for sportbike riders today.

the problem is most new riders are very impressionable... they think it's cool and everyone does it... it's the wrong impression to give... and extreemly irresponsible for the dealership to advertise that... :2cents:

Dave
10-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Agreed. I blame videogames.

no, blame irresponsible people. im seriously sick of everyone in this country having some crybaby ass story about how something isint their fault. motherfuckers need to be held accountable for their actions

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 10:58 PM
no, blame irresponsible people. im seriously sick of everyone in this country having some crybaby ass story about how something isint their fault. motherfuckers need to be held accountable for their actions

NO SHIT!

i think we should start a new political party...

based on two principals... INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLILITY AND PERSONAL ACCOUNTABLILITY...

I'm tired of people blame'n other people, companies, the alignment of the plannets because they were a moron and fucked up.

BE A FUCKING ADULT... TAKE YOUR LICK'NS AND MOVE THE FUCK ON.

JoJoYZF
10-16-2008, 11:31 PM
NO SHIT!

i think we should start a new political party...

based on two principals... INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLILITY AND PERSONAL ACCOUNTABLILITY...

I'm tired of people blame'n other people, companies, the alignment of the plannets because they were a moron and fucked up.

BE A FUCKING ADULT... TAKE YOUR LICK'NS AND MOVE THE FUCK ON.

Where do I sign up? I want in on this.

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Dave McCain and Barack Oebbs.
Dibs on Kat Palin. :dthumb:

Dave
10-16-2008, 11:46 PM
hillarae? lmao

Mr Lefty
10-17-2008, 12:30 AM
:lmao: awesome...

t-homo