PDA

View Full Version : More on the Hayden/HRC- Puig fued

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081016rn.htm

Ryder Notes: How HRC became PRC (Puig Racing Corp)
by julian ryder, on the ground in Malaysia
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I assume that by now you've all read Alberto Puig's astonishing attempt at character assassination of Nicky Hayden on the official MotoGP site.

How, you may ask yourself, does such a tirade end up on the official website of the Championship? The answer lies in an interview Nicky gave to the important Spanish daily paper El Pais; it was headlined 'Pedrosa's agent runs Honda.' Nicky made plain his respect for Honda and the work his team puts in but regretted in quite sober terms the friction caused not by Dani but by Puig.

On reading this, Puig didn't contact El Pais, he rung the guys who write motogp.com. That would have been an internal phone call as Puig has an office in Dorna's HQ from which he runs the MotoGP Academy that does a good job bringing on the next generation of racers with the help of Red Bull and KTM.

I understand that Puig would also have seen the copy before it went live--so he can't claim he was misquoted. Nicky was asked about it today, and at first refused to elaborate. Then he decided to make sure we understood what he had said. First he made it clear that he thinks that Puig runs the team, that's what he said to El Pais and that's what he meant to say. He doesn't give a stuff about the wall down the pit. As for Puig's frankly barking suggestion that Nicky was upset about losing access to Dani's data, Nicky told the pre-event press conference that he hadn't seen any data from that side of the pit for many a month, let alone used it but that 'He [Dani] sees everybody's data.'

The thing that exercises my mind is this is what Nicky Hayden, a guy you know will always do the right thing, is saying while he's still a Honda rider. What's he going to say when he's free to say what really happened?

ENDS

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I have personally meet Nick the prick on a few occasions. I respect him for his talent, rote for him because he is an American but thats it. I suspect he will reveal quit a bit when released from Honda contract.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I really like Colin better than Nicky, although I am patriotic and will cheer them on. I have met both through the CMRA back when I used to race. Colin I met after he was a star, Nicky was still club racing while I was a prov nov. I was corner working the day he bit it hard at TWS turn one. Fast little prick.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Nicky was at the Gap before he made big with AMA Thought he was all that. Rode with him on a few track days not much longer after that. He was always argent. Never cared to even try to speak to him after he found his fame.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
He wasn't feelin so proud the day he layed the 250 GP bike down at Buck40! I can't really relate though I don't know the guy. I spent some time around Spies when he was club racing but hell that was 6 years ago...Can you imagine what 6 years of maturity can do for ya when you live life in the fast lane? They are all probably different folks by now. Specially Colin being a dad and all...

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I've never liked Nicky or his stupid accent but I really enjoyed seeing him lead at Indy for a few laps and I'd really like to see him destroy Pedrosa next year. Dani Pedrosa is now my least favorite athlete on earth. Sounds like a spoiled, crybaby little bitch.
Micheal Vick, Oj Simpson, that guy who kicked the ref in the Olympics; you're all exonerated.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Matt blew me off the track at VIR 2 years ago. Never got to speak much to him. Only meet Ben at races. Most all nice then. I could only Nicky got over him self by now.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
to be honest... I can't read anything you post smilie with out looking at your avatar every couple sec...:lol:

smileyman
10-16-2008, 04:48 PM
to be honest... I can't read anything you post smilie with out looking at your avatar every couple sec...:lol:

That's why I put it up. It was my desktop and I could look at it while posting so....fixed!

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
:lol: lucky sob... dunno if I'd do much posting if that was wating at home :whistle:

smileyman
10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
:lol: lucky sob... dunno if I'd do much posting if that was wating at home :whistle:

Now you know why I don't post on nights and weekends!:whistle:

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 05:03 PM

yeah... your kid :lol:

smileyman
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah... your kid :lol:

avoiding that lil tyke does take some doing. I usually park him in front of a Thomas the Train movie with a snack to get some "quiet time"...He must have a hundred DVDs now. But every time I hear that theme song I get a boner??:idk:

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
avoiding that lil tyke does take some doing. I usually park him in front of a Thomas the Train movie with a snack to get some "quiet time"...He must have a hundred DVDs now. But every time I hear that theme song I get a boner??:idk:

:lol:... note to self... stay away from smilieman when kids shows are on

fnfalman
10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I like Nicky Hayden. Very humble guy. I met him at California Speedway this last April at the AMA Superbike race. He was there supporting his brother Tommy (I don't think that Roger was racing, or was it the other way around?). Anyway, he was signing autographs and posed with the fans. I didn't bring my camera so I didn't ask for a pic.

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
from what I've heard... everyone that's ever talked to the guy says he's really a nice guy.. very humble and overly polite.

I hope he does well on the Duc...

JoJoYZF
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
from what I've heard... everyone that's ever talked to the guy says he's really a nice guy.. very humble and overly polite.

I hope he does well on the Duc...

I like watchin the guy ride and Im sure hes a different person then he was. Back when he was arrogant was probably the late teens early 20s kid thats sweet at something so he was cocky.

DLIT
10-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Rag on 'em in a book, like Rossi did.

marko138
10-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Rag on 'em in a book, like Rossi did.
I should read that.

dReWpY
10-17-2008, 09:26 AM

so is your avay your wife?

smileyman
10-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I think Hayden did alright on the big torquey 990's, so sliding the Duc will probably be his forte! Would be hilarious if he showed Stoner a rear wheel a time or two! And I sincerely hope he continues to finish in front of Pedro and Divisioso...

dReWpY
10-17-2008, 09:50 AM
if hayden finishes infront of dani, i would have renewed faith in karma

Rider
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I think Hayden did alright on the big torquey 990's, so sliding the Duc will probably be his forte! Would be hilarious if he showed Stoner a rear wheel a time or two! And I sincerely hope he continues to finish in front of Pedro and Divisioso...

I think with the bikes being equal, we will see that happen.

DLIT
10-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I should read that.

I still haven't. I just read some quotes from it here and there.

marko138
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I still haven't. I just read some quotes from it here and there.
Probly a good read.

Mr Lefty
10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
The rossi book? what if I never tried? I've read it... though it was durring my fist deploment... but Idon't remember him talk'n shit about anyone but honda

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 03:18 PM
The rossi book? what if I never tried? I've read it... though it was durring my fist deploment... but Idon't remember him talk'n shit about anyone but honda

Didn't he say something about some his competitors needing to "work more and cry less" or something like that?

Mr Lefty
10-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Didn't he say something about some his competitors needing to "work more and cry less" or something like that?

that does sound familiar... don't remember though it was 2 years ago when I read it... I don't have the book with me or I'd re-read it...

Amber Lamps
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
that does sound familiar... don't remember though it was 2 years ago when I read it... I don't have the book with me or I'd re-read it...

Yea I borrowed it from a bud about 2 years ago.... hmmm... :idk: but alot of people say that he slammed on other riders in it.

Mr Lefty
10-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Yea I borrowed it from a bud about 2 years ago.... hmmm... :idk: but alot of people say that he slammed on other riders in it.

I don't remember that... but that's not saying it's not true... I remember it being a lot about his past in Italy... not a whole lot about racing

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't remember that... but that's not saying it's not true... I remember it being a lot about his past in Italy... not a whole lot about racing
Was it a good read?

Mr Lefty
10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Was it a good read?

not bad... though like I said it was more of a life story than about racing... told about just random points in his life... I'll have to see if my sis can find it and send it to me... if I get it I'll shoot it off to ya

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:45 PM
not bad... though like I said it was more of a life story than about racing... told about just random points in his life... I'll have to see if my sis can find it and send it to me... if I get it I'll shoot it off to ya
That would be awesome.

Mr Lefty
10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
it's a long shot... my sis isn't the greatest about fiding things in my storgage...

marko138
10-18-2008, 09:56 PM
it's a long shot... my sis isn't the greatest about fiding things in my storgage...
No problem.