PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think about stealing gear?

Antwanny
10-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Well i walk by a lot of bikes and it seems that a lot of people just leave their helmets gloves whatever out on the seat or by the bike. More than once ive thought about checking the size and snagging a nice helmet. Am i the only one who gives it thought?
(and no i haven't stolen anything since 2nd grade)
________
Shelby gr-1 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Shelby_GR-1)
________
Marijuana bubbler (http://bubblers.net/)

Rider
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Thieves are the lowest form of life on earth. I never ever think about stealing anything. If I cant afford it, I don't need it. If I ever caught anyone stealing from me, I'd chop their fucking arms off and I'm not even close to kidding.

NONE_too_SOFT
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
no. never. not even for an instant.

i'd never bring grief upon another rider like that.

jeeps84
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Its a code. You respect others and hope they respect you. Ive thought about it happening but not about doing it.

Big Kahuna
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Well i walk by a lot of bikes and it seems that a lot of people just leave their helmets gloves whatever out on the seat or by the bike. More than once ive thought about checking the size and snagging a nice helmet. Am i the only one who gives it thought? (and no i haven't stolen anything since 2nd grade)Damn dude, that's some bad mojo there brother!

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Stealing is perfectly acceptable in some social castes...I think it would be great to see someone pick up a used helmet for basically free and then get a hundred thousand in medical bills from the guy/group that watched him take it.:diitb:

Really what was this post for. Thieves rank just below child molestors and right above liars with me...All get the same penalty if I catch them.

NONE_too_SOFT
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Stealing is perfectly acceptable in some social castes...I think it would be great to see someone pick up a used helmet for basically free and then get a hundred thousand in medical bills from the guy/group that watched him take it.:diitb:

Really what was this post for. Thieves rank just below child molestors and right above liars with me...All get the same penalty if I catch them.

you think child molesters are better than thieves and liars????

whoa.

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
No, they are at the top of my shit list. I kill from top to bottom, don't you?

NONE_too_SOFT
10-16-2008, 01:27 PM
No, they are at the top of my shit list. I kill from top to bottom, don't you?

ah, i see.

i rank the lowest w/ the lowest number... i donno.

PiZdETS
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
No never.
But I lock my helmet and stuff up on my bike when I'm at class or work.
I do enjoy watching my bike from a far, waiting for someone to walk up real close to get a look and then sneaking up on them and saying "what's up" in my most intimidating voice. Even when I don't feel like sneaking up on people, I watch my bike when I'm at school for a couple minutes between each class, just hoping to catch someone doing something stupid.

Rider
10-16-2008, 01:30 PM
No never.
But I lock my helmet and stuff up on my bike when I'm at class or work.
I do enjoy watching my bike from a far, waiting for someone to walk up real close to get a look and then sneaking up on them and saying "what's up" in my most intimidating voice. Even when I don't feel like sneaking up on people, I watch my bike when I'm at school for a couple minutes between each class, just hoping to catch someone doing something stupid.

You're just as sadistic as I am. :lol: Hoping to fucking someone up. :rockwoot:

smileyman
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Why hope? Find some one deserving and lay a brotha out! Preemptive strike ya know? Hey I saw you thinking bout taking my Helmet...WHAM!

t-homo
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
You're just as sadistic as I am. :lol: Hoping to fucking someone up. :rockwoot:

I'd be a hell of a lot more scared of alex walking up behind me than you. I hate thieves though. Sure, it would be nice to have some stuff, but I'm not going to take it from someone else.

Shift
10-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Well i walk by a lot of bikes and it seems that a lot of people just leave their helmets gloves whatever out on the seat or by the bike. More than once ive thought about checking the size and snagging a nice helmet. Am i the only one who gives it thought?

I got my eye on you. :poke:

DIMford
10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

No, I don't think about stealing gear. But I worry about someone stealing mine.

Mrs. Colleen
10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNtDrmgO4I

I don't have sound at work so I hope this video is titled right...

neebelung
10-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Am i the only one who gives it thought?

:shrug: I dunno if you're the ONLY one, but I've never even considered it for a second. Karma, my friend... karma.

the chi
10-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I've only given wondered WHY people would leave their stuff unsecured, to ever take something that is not mine never even occurs to me.

neebelung
10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Eh, if we're on an all day ride, and we park the bikes to walk somewhere for lunch, or anywhere where we can't see the bikes, we'll lock everything up. But at bike nights and that sorta thing, where I can see the bike/I'm nearby, I've left my jacket and gloves (and occasionally helmet) on it. (depends where I am and just how close I can stay to the bike)

Captain Morgan
10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
No, my only thought is, "damn, I could have some nice stuff if I weren't an honest person," but that's as far as it goes.

Although, several years ago, I pulled into the parking lot at a local store and saw a cart sitting there with a case of beer in it. NOBODY was in the parking lot. I hung out for a bit, then put the beer in my car. Bad Captain. Went in and did my shopping and boredom browsing. Went to the register to pay for the stuff I bought and as I was walking away, a woman came up to the register I was at and asked the cashier if anyone had turned in a case of beer that she left in the parking lot. I told her it was in my car and gave her the beer. Good Captain.

Trip
10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I really wanted to take someone's helmet that had one exactly like mine in my size because mine is no longer made anymore. I wouldn't actually do it though.

marko138
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
At the Carlisle bike show I leave my shit unlocked. Helmet, jacket, the whole deal. There are thousands of people. I guess I just have faith in fellow bikers not doing me a bamboozling.

It ain't right to steal from your own.

Trip
10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
At the store at the gap, I leave keys in the ignition and all my shit laying on the bike.

marko138
10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
At the store at the gap, I leave keys in the ignition and all my shit laying on the bike.
Keys in the ignition I will not do. Not even in my own driveway.

Rider
10-16-2008, 03:19 PM

It aint right to steal from ANYONE.

Gunther1000
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHA RRRRRRIGHT!

You seem to have no problem giving your fellow bikers a ton of shit for your own enjoyment!

I personally wouldn't want to give up that new helmet smell you get from buying a new one only to wonder who's sweat your now sharing.

Now if you were considering who else here has dreamed of breaking into a new bike dealer and loading up 15 or so new bikes you may get a little more support but again, morals come into play. Unless you were raised by the state in a foster home or don't have a job then you might just be better off saving up for what you need.

I take the "I wish you would" path myself. It would be worth them doing me wrong if only I found out.

marko138
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
True...but you know what I meant.

azoomm
10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
I'll tell you what I have done...

I walked by a bike with a jacket and helmet sitting on it, tankbag clipped on. Sitting in a hospital parking lot. BUSY lot - a lot of people walking through. I heard two guys smoking by the door talking about it. So, I walked over and took everything not locked to the bike and took it inside to the information desk. I hope they figured it out and got their stuff.....

I don't need any bad kharma, I have enough crap happening to me just with general life.

Antwanny
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Its a code. You respect others and hope they respect you. Ive thought about it happening but not about doing it.

Thats why i dont do it lol

Same

And no i dont steal shit,(firm believer in karma) but i wont say i dont think about it.
________
Yamaha Trx850 Specifications (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_TRX850)
________
B9 SCRAMBLER (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_B9_Scrambler)

Mr Lefty
10-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Same here...

I've found several keys left in the bikes ignition... I usually have the person paged (at the mall or store which is where all these happened) and just let the guy or gal know they forgot the key.

I'd love if someone else was as helpfull to me... but no way am I relying on it.

but no... I've never thought about stealing gear or bike... I've stolen a couple things in my life when I was younger... they rank as #2 and #3 on the only 3 things I'd change in my life... I felt like shit both times... the first was because everyone else was doing it... the 2nd was an honest mistake... but I realized it 500 miles down the road... and no way to fix it..

I hate theaves... they seriously are one of the lowest forms of human life imo

Gas Man
10-16-2008, 09:15 PM
At the Carlisle bike show I leave my shit unlocked. Helmet, jacket, the whole deal. There are thousands of people. I guess I just have faith in fellow bikers not doing me a bamboozling.

Exactly!

I arm my bike alarm in the locked garage behind the garage door that is on the bike alarm.

Plus I shot at crap like that.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Family/Bob/UpNorth045.jpg

Shift
10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Jesus you love re-posting those pics of you shooting don't you? :lol:

DLIT
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I've thought about how easy it is for others to steal it, but never me taking it. That's why I always take my helmet with me.

JoJoYZF
10-16-2008, 09:49 PM

My thoughts exactly.

t-homo
10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I've thought about how easy it is for others to steal it, but never me taking it. That's why I always take my helmet with me.

Same here. The only time I have left my gear with my bike, I was sitting 15 feet away from it with a dozen other bikers.

itgirl
10-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i either lock my shit down or wear it. i don't like to tempt fate.

marko138
10-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Me too. If I can't see it I'm taking my shit with me.

neebelung
10-17-2008, 08:12 AM

Same here... no way, no how.

dReWpY
10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
i would enjoy catching someone five finger discounting my suomy, prolly a lil too much...

Rider
10-17-2008, 09:09 AM
i would enjoy catching someone five finger discounting my suomy, prolly a lil too much...

You said it brother.... :rockwoot:

smileyman
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
i either lock my shit down or wear it. i don't like to tempt fate.

Sounds like a candidate for some Imodium coupons...TeeHee!:sorry:

fnfalman
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I'd leave my shit out on a bike night, but not if I were to go somewhere. I'd lock those muthas up!!!

6doublefive321
10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I'd leave my shit out on a bike night, but not if I were to go somewhere. I'd lock those muthas up!!!

Same here. If I'm around a bunch of brother bikers, I leave my stuff lying around. But, maybe I should reconsider that.......

itgirl
10-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Same here. If I'm around a bunch of brother bikers, I leave my stuff lying around. But, maybe I should reconsider that.......

only when antwanny's in town. :lol:

Gas Man
10-17-2008, 08:21 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah well maybe you mofo's will understand my point.

ceo012384
10-22-2008, 12:59 AM
More than once ive thought about checking the size and snagging a nice helmet. Am i the only one who gives it thought?
Wow you're a douche...

and yes I do give it a thought... it's exactly why I never leave gear on my bike and always carry my helmet inside with me, because of sleazeball thieves.

OneSickPsycho
10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I leave my shit out everywhere... I used to be real anal about carrying it around cause some jackass put gum in my helmet a LONG time ago when I was in the grocery store... Now, fuck it... I stuff my gloves in my helmet and hang it from the mirror, toss my jacket over the tank and do my thing.

Mr Lefty
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
That's cause no one fuck's with ROBBIE D! :rofl:

OneSickPsycho
10-22-2008, 09:44 PM
That's cause no one fuck's with ROBBIE D! :rofl:

That was one low fucking blow... brilliantly executed, good show. Now fuck off.

NEW469
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM

:iagree: I see riders leave their gear & I think ....Dumbass! :ps:

jeeps84
10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
:iagree: I see riders leave their gear & I think ....Dumbass! :ps:

I pick my spots. Usually with lots of bike activity. I'm very Leary of leav'n my shit in parking lots.

z06boy
10-24-2008, 12:46 PM
No I never think of stealing gear from anyone...just don't.

I rarely leave gear on a bike unattended...just don't trust people much.

Amber Lamps
10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I leave my shit out everywhere... I used to be real anal about carrying it around cause some jackass put gum in my helmet a LONG time ago when I was in the grocery store... Now, fuck it... I stuff my gloves in my helmet and hang it from the mirror, toss my jacket over the tank and do my thing.

Whew,I thought I was the only one here. Heck,I leave my bike key in the ignition,the helmet on the mirror and my gloves sitting on my radar detector in the parking lot of my apts all the time. I've never had any gear stolen in my life...seriously,none. Shit the only bike related theft I've ever had was when my 95 FZR1000 (the replacement) was stolen from the dealer when it was in for a repair (POS) while I was getting one of my hand surgeries to repair the track wreck damage.

t-homo
10-25-2008, 12:13 AM
I never really leave my stuff on my bike for extended periods of time unless I am close by. I would kill someone for putting gum in my helmet.

Particle Man
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
thieves deserve to die a slow, painful death.

So no, never.

Ducati Diva
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Nope cause i couldn't wear anybody elses! :lol: Plus didn't your mommies teach you stealing is wrong? Mine did.

Amorok
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
It's never even crossed my mind. If I wanted someone's gear I'd wave some cash at them. As for my gear, if the situation warrants it I'll leave it on the bike, which really doesn't matter because I don't have locking saddlebags. I'm not afraid of anything gwetting stolen but I take the key with me just to make sure I didn't leave it on and drain my battery. If somoen wants to steal the whole bike a couple three guys could do it. But let me catch you stealing my bike or something on it. Seriously, let me catch you. I promise you'll never do it again.

anthonyk
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Not that I ever really considered it before, but after someone stole my gear out of my house, I know how much it sucks. :td:

derf
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I had a helmet stolen while it was on my helmet lock. The thief cut the d ring off and left it there.

I don't leave shit on my bike at all.

Amber Lamps
11-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I had a helmet stolen while it was on my helmet lock. The thief cut the d ring off and left it there.

I don't leave shit on my bike at all.

I'm like no way,who would be that stupid....then I saw where you live and it ALL made sense!!!

Curb
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
This did happen to me back in May. I was out with a few friends and we parked where we always park and we put our gear on our bikes like we've done for the past year and sat down outside about 15 feet from the bikes. We are bullshiting not paying any mind at the end of the night we get ready to leave and I go over to my bike and I don't see my jacket where I left it, I think maybe it fell, nope. Some piece of shit walked up to my bike and jacked my leather jacket. The kicker was unless he was 6'4" 275 or 5'5" 350 it wouldn't have fit them. Anyway, if I ever see someone even looking around a bike that has gear on it, I walk right up to them. I was just happy that I decided to lock up my helmet that night...lesson learned though

RACER X
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Does anyone else think about stealing gear?

um NO!

CasterTroy
11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a conscience...so the THOUGHT of doing it never enters my mind....but the CONCERN of others doing it is at the forefront

I have watched the reaction to it though.

I was at the gap in 2003 at the end of the cherahola loop there at the BP with 5092837563 other bikes, and I heard a big commotion at the front door.

A guy and his wife on a new model yellow goldwing were ranting and raving because while they were in the store getting a drink, some puss infected titty drip decided to steal he and his wifes helmets. They were jsut 1/2 shell matching yellow old phart helmets..but I think they were taken out of meaness.

There they were...stuck and outta luck because of the helmet law...and had to get a buddy to run up to the honda show several miles away and get them 2 generic cheapos to get them home.

Leon
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
No, I've never thought about taking another riders gear.

I usually leave all my gear on my bike when it's going to be in my view. I really pitty anyone who tries to steal from me or someone I know.

If it's going to be out of site, I lock it up or take it with me.

ceo012384
11-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Wait a second....

....are you the cocksmoker who stole my cover? I'm gonna fuck you up.

marko138
11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Wait a second....

....are you the cocksmoker who stole my cover? I'm gonna fuck you up.
GET HIM. :lol:

lauralynne
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Never. Nope, never. Never crossed my mind, never occured to me, never under any circumstance.
The fact that you're asking makes me want to donkey punch you. Please don't ever come to Seattle, I don't have much self control.

Antwanny
11-20-2008, 01:50 AM
HAH i like how i have completely alienated myself by saying the thought enters my mind, but my conscience talks me out of it. Jesus the ridicule will be unreal if i make to to any twf meeting.
________
CROSMAN PREMIER GRAINS HOLLOWPOINT 500CT (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/crosman-premier-grains-hollowpoint-500ct/)
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)