PDA

View Full Version : Eboz retires?!?!?

smileyman
10-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I bet I know what crop he has in mind...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34793

Eric Bostrom Confirms That He's Retiring To Brazil
Oct 24, 2008, By John Ulrich, ©Copyright 2008, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send them a link or post a link to this page.)

Returning a phone call to Roadracingworld.com today, Eric Bostrom confirmed that he is leaving motorcycle racing and heading to Brazil to run a farm.

"I would say it is a hiatus," said Bostrom of his break from racing. "I'm putting a lot of my time and resources into this. There's a lot of incentives to invest in Brazil, a lot of tax breaks.

"It seems like there's a lot more stability down there. The stock market here is getting hammered.

"This can lead to a lot of other opportunities, things I've wanted to do like study, learn some other languages, play guitar.

"And if I get bored with this after a year and want to return to racing I think I'm still young enough that I can do it. Ben (Bostrom) has shown that you can come back and still do well."

Bostrom said that he's leaving for Brazil this coming Monday.

Roadracingworld.com wishes him well.

r!der
10-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I like how you even pasted this part.

(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send them a link or post a link to this page.)

LOL

Rider
10-24-2008, 03:41 PM
He's from California..... He's going down there to grow some pot. LOL :drewpy:

smileyman
10-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I like how you even pasted this part.

LOL

Well I did post the link...If you put it out in public someone is gonna quote ya!

CW AF 03
10-24-2008, 04:57 PM
They've always been kind of ecclectic. Doesn't really surprise me. He was doing right by Yamaha with their re-emergence in AMA Superbike.

smileyman
10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Man no way I would bail on riding the new firing order R1 in competition for a factory team....He must no some real good Brazilian wax job volunteers down on the farm...

jeeps84
10-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Lil surprised he is leaving out. Something must be up behind the sens.

Nico
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I bet he's going to clearcut some rain forest and plant sugarcane crops. Brazil has it's own version of ethanol that is actually a cost-effective alternative to gasoline. Hell, if I had a ton of cash I'd quit racing and invest in one a cash crop like sugarcane or soybean. Damn DMG is turning our racers into farmers.....:idk:

marko138
11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Peace out holmes.

Carolina
11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/castaway32/California%20Speedway/IMG_3429-1.jpg

:dthumb::pat:

Archren
11-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmmm.. I have some family in Brazil that own farms... wonder if they know where he's going.. :scratch: :D

marko138
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Hmmm.. I have some family in Brazil that own farms... wonder if they know where he's going.. :scratch: :D
You're now on a recon mission. Report back in 48 hours.