PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's testing a Ducati at Valencia today?

smileyman
10-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Valencia Test 2:00 PM Hayden Update
by julian ryder
Monday, October 27, 2008
It's 2pm in Valencia, and Nicky has already equaled Marco Melandri's best lap time from yesterday's GP. The bike has a stars & stripes paint job and 'Chapter 2' stickers.

Release that breath you've been holding, Hayden fans, he can ride it.

marko138
10-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Pretty sweet.

ontwo
10-27-2008, 02:36 PM
"It's not about the Laaaadies"

jermey
10-27-2008, 02:49 PM
"It's not about the Laaaadies"

:lol:

fnfalman
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
I think that he needs an outfit to match the bike's paint job too.

t-homo
10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Looks pretty sweet.

smileyman
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Another

Mr Lefty
10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
nice.... bike looks good!

Ducati Diva
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
nice.... bike looks good!

:iagree: Looks sweet but ltl strange to see stars & bars on a duc

BobTheBiker
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
now he's on a bike that suits his style, Rossi gon have some competition now.

jeeps84
10-27-2008, 09:37 PM
:iagree: Looks sweet but ltl strange to see stars & bars on a duc

:iagree: Is Nicky the first American to race the world Circuit on a Duc?

Amber Lamps
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
:iagree: Is Nicky the first American to race the world Circuit on a Duc?

Well of course he is in MotoGp.... but if you include WSB then no.

Amber Lamps
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I double checked just in case some obscure dude raced a Ducati in 125 or something back in the day but I came up with nothing...so your boy Nicky will be the first American to race a Ducati in MotoGp history! Yayyyy!!!

JK
10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
who wouldda thought- winter testing will be getting alot of attention this year.

Melandri looks comfortable on the kawi

sfarson
10-27-2008, 11:56 PM
This is good to hear... his lap times. Hayden mentioned yesterday he'd know in 30 minutes if he was going to be competitive on the bike.

Just came across his impessions of the Ducati here: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081027-d9.htm

PiZdETS
10-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I think this bodes extremely well for Hayden. The most famously Italian motorcycle brand took the step to outfit his bike in stars and stripes to honor his Country, very cool. Looks like they're already doing everything possible to make him feel at home which is exactly what Honda doesn't do...unless your names Pedrosa.
I think Indy this year showed that Hayden is one of the more emotionally driven riders, he gets motivated by where he's racing, he was also excited to have just signed the contract with Ducati and his riding showed his enthusiasm. All riders try to ride better at their home tracks but he was hanging with Rossi until his tires went.
Ducati looks like a really good fit for Hayden so far.

Mr Lefty
10-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I think this bodes extremely well for Hayden. The most famously Italian motorcycle brand took the step to outfit his bike in stars and stripes to honor his Country, very cool. Looks like they're already doing everything possible to make him feel at home which is exactly what Honda doesn't do...unless your names Pedrosa.
I think Indy this year showed that Hayden is one of the more emotionally driven riders, he gets motivated by where he's racing, he was also excited to have just signed the contract with Ducati and his riding showed his enthusiasm. All riders try to ride better at their home tracks but he was hanging with Rossi until his tires went.
Ducati looks like a really good fit for Hayden so far.

not only that... but we've all seen as you've said what he's capable of when he's motivated... imagine now throwing a manufacture that he feels is supporting him... how motivated will he be to perform for them?

I've never been huge on Nicky... nor have I been down on him either... but the more i watch him... it's hard NOT to like him... dudes got tallent.

PiZdETS
10-28-2008, 02:09 AM
I've never been huge on Nicky... nor have I been down on him either... but the more i watch him... it's hard NOT to like him... dudes got tallent.
Same here. I DESPISED him when he beat Rossi in 06 but seeing him go through the hardships with Honda and keep his head up makes him endearing. I'm pulling for Rossi as always but I'd love to see Hayden do well next year. Seeing him whip up on Stoner and Pedrosa would be sweet.

Rider
10-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Fuck Nicky Hayden!

smileyman
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I just hopes he places better than the HRC boys in the points next year. That would put HRC back on their ass and perhaps make them re-examine how they run (or let Piug run) the show!

ontwo
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
now he's on a bike that suits his style, Rossi gon have some competition now.

I needed a good laugh today

Fuck Nicky Hayden!

Well said :dthumb:

dReWpY
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Same here. I DESPISED him when he beat Rossi in 06 but seeing him go through the hardships with Honda and keep his head up makes him endearing. I'm pulling for Rossi as always but I'd love to see Hayden do well next year. Seeing him whip up on Stoner and Pedrosa would be sweet.

stoner doesnt other me, but him beating up on pedrosa would be nice

Rider
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
:rockwoot:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507603.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507602.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507606.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507623.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507653.jpg

Mr Lefty
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
dude that bike looks SICK

Amber Lamps
10-28-2008, 04:49 PM
dude that bike looks SICK

Ohhhhhh look at all that CARBON FIBER!!! :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis: :benis:

Amber Lamps
10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
:rockwoot:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/MotoGP/507653.jpg

Um..gee I wonder what that "8" signifies?....:whistle:

jeeps84
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Um..gee I wonder what that "8" signifies?....:whistle:

The ball under his lid?:idk::whistle:

Rider
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
The ball under his lid?:idk::whistle:

The 8 ball he snorted before he got on the bike.... :lol:

8 championships!

jeeps84
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
The 8 ball he snorted before he got on the bike.... :lol:

8 championships!

He must snort something to ride like he does.

smileyman
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
He must snort something to ride like he does.

Big whiff of some of his umbrella girls would do it for me....:drool:

MikeSP1
11-03-2008, 03:20 AM
I would love to see Hayden place ahead of Pedrosa every race of the season.

Amber Lamps
11-03-2008, 07:42 AM
I would love to see Hayden place ahead of Pedrosa every race of the season.

Ok here's an unpopular prediction for you... I think that Pedrosa is going to do very well next year. In fact,I'm guessing top 3,if not the championship. Regardless of how Honda (or Puig) treated Hayden and whether it was justified or not,none of it was Pedrosa's fault. Now that he is clearly the number one rider in the paddock and without all this controversy and distraction,he can concentrate on the championship. One last thing,whenever in his career he has been in a situation where everyone has the same tire,even when his equipment was universally acknowledged to be inferior,he has risen to the top!

Hayden is an outstanding rider but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Rossi head to head on an equal footing.

jeeps84
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Big whiff of some of his umbrella girls would do it for me....:drool:

They could make me do a few things that I might not normally do.:drool:

Ok here's an unpopular prediction for you... I think that Pedrosa is going to do very well next year. In fact,I'm guessing top 3,if not the championship. Regardless of how Honda (or Puig) treated Hayden and whether it was justified or not,none of it was Pedrosa's fault. Now that he is clearly the number one rider in the paddock and without all this controversy and distraction,he can concentrate on the championship. One last thing,whenever in his career he has been in a situation where everyone has the same tire,even when his equipment was universally acknowledged to be inferior,he has risen to the top!

Hayden is an outstanding rider but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Rossi head to head on an equal footing.

Time will tell. Pedrosa is a great rider (as all competing at that level) We know Nicky has it in him. Just have to wait to see if he can stay consistently up front.

Mr Lefty
11-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't think Pedrosa will win the championship unless he can finish on the poll more... he doesn't win many races unless he's first out the gate and gets away... stoner is a little better at head to head races... and Rossi, well... he wins any way he can...

I actually think Lorenzo will fair better than Pedrosa next year... and I think Hayden will round out the top 5 in championship pts... behind Pedrosa

smileyman
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Only one thing in 09 for certain boys...Randy Depuniet will go through several sets of bodywork!:twfix:

Rider
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
only one thing in 09 for certain boys...randy depuniet will go through several sets of bodywork!:twfix:

qfmft!

Amber Lamps
11-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't think Pedrosa will win the championship unless he can finish on the poll more... he doesn't win many races unless he's first out the gate and gets away... stoner is a little better at head to head races... and Rossi, well... he wins any way he can...

I actually think Lorenzo will fair better than Pedrosa next year... and I think Hayden will round out the top 5 in championship pts... behind Pedrosa

Hmmm... I considered Lorenzo but I think he needs another year,especially with the new tires. Of course,Rossi will have to have some problems for anyone else to win the championship. BTW could you imagine 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS for Rossi? Is there ANYONE alive that you think even has the slightest chance of matching him statistically?

jeeps84
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Hmmm... I considered Lorenzo but I think he needs another year,especially with the new tires. Of course,Rossi will have to have some problems for anyone else to win the championship. BTW could you imagine 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS for Rossi? Is there ANYONE alive that you think even has the slightest chance of matching him statistically?

Nope. By the time anybody could catch him. The rules would change and tighter regs would be unforced. Just like their four wheeled brethren. Champions of the past will be immortalized. The rules will bring new riders and keep everybody on equal equipment. Thus making it near impossible for anybody to run away with it again. Could Rossi see 10? Sure, I think he has time.

Mr Lefty
11-08-2008, 11:59 PM
yeah I'm with jeeps... I don't think anyone riding today has a chance... it'll be a couple years after Rossi's gone before anyone stands a chance to make a solid run at it... but by then the rules and regs will have everything so tight that even rider skill will be taken somewhat out of the equasion... ie traction control

DLIT
11-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Hayden set those times on the GP8, I'm not sure how he did on the GP9 with the carbon fiber frame.

anthonyk
11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Nah, he rode the GP8 for the opening laps on the first day, but his fastest laps both days were on the GP9.

I'm a huge Nicky fan, but I'd be surprised if he finished ahead of Pedrosa in the championship. (Doesn't mean I won't wish for it, though...)

Mrs. Colleen
11-09-2008, 12:30 PM
You all know how much I like stars...but I am not feeling the look of Hayden's bike. :idk: I cannot wait to see how well he does though! :rockwoot:

Rossi's bike looks great. :dthumb:

Mrs. Colleen
11-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Only one thing in 09 for certain boys...Randy Depuniet will go through several sets of bodywork!:twfix:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Fuckin de Puniet! :lol:

I loved when Rossi took out de Puniet and the commentators automatically blamed Randy for the crash! :lol:

marko138
11-09-2008, 01:25 PM
You all know how much I like stars...but I am not feeling the look of Hayden's bike. :idk: I cannot wait to see how well he does though! :rockwoot:

Rossi's bike looks great. :dthumb:
I doubt thats the final scheme.

Mr Lefty
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I doubt thats the final scheme.

yeah I figured that was just a publicity thing... as it was his first ride on it... :idk:

marko138
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
yeah I figured that was just a publicity thing... as it was his first ride on it... :idk:
Exactly. Or atleast I hope...cuz that thing is ugly.

DLIT
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
There's no way in hell Marlboro will let that scheme last when the season officially kicks off. And Rossi's bike will be painted over the CF. But the all CF look is killer.

marko138
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
There's no way in hell Marlboro will let that scheme last when the season officially kicks off. And Rossi's bike will be painted over the CF. But the all CF look is killer.
This statement appears to contain a majority of true words.