PDA

View Full Version : Corser and Zaus test the new S1000RR...

NeonspeedRT
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
From Superbikeplanet.com

"Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport news
Valencia tests, November 4, 5
Conditions: Dry, mostly sunny 13-20C

TROY AND RUBEN HAPPY ON THEIR DEBUT
The two day test at Valencia was the first time that BMW Motorrad Motorrad Motorsport's new riders Troy Corser and Ruben Xaus rode the new S1000RR and at the end both riders left in a very positive frame of mind. Both Troy and Ruben were immediately able to get right down to business and start working with the bike and start their new challenge. Fortunately the weather was good throughout the two days and the team were able to use the maximum amount of time on the track. Now the technicians will return to the workshops to analyse all the data and prepare the bikes for the next test, but the whole team is already looking forward to Troy and Ruben's next track outing.

Troy
I am a bit surprised really because I didn't think I would feel as comfortable on the bike as I did. The base is very good and although there is a lot of work to be done, I feel very positive about our prospects. Even though I have had just two days on the bike, I feel it is my bike and I wasn't expecting that so soon. I'm happy with the progress we made over the two days and now the team have now got a lot of info and telemetry data to work with for the next test. The communication is very good and there have been no problems except that I got hit by a bird towards the end of the test. It happened between turn one and two and it hit me just under the throat, above my chest protector, and it was a pretty heavy hit. It ruined my lap and it didn't do the bird any good either!

Ruben
I am happier today than yesterday, but that's normal because I have now had more time on the bike. What I can say is that I am very happy with the bike - how it handles, how it turns and its power. It is very stable at speed and it is not a physical bike to ride and already I'm pretty comfortable on it. Troy and I have different riding styles and that means we are giving our team a lot of info and data for them to analyse before the next test. Troy has experience of riding twins, three cylinder and four cylinder bikes, so was able to get dialled in faster than me, but that's what I expected. Everybody in the team is working well together and I feel very positive and happy about our future.

Berti Hauser - Director BMW Motorrad Motorsport
I am very happy at the progress we have made these two days and I am delighted at the feedback that Troy and Ruben have given us. Their comments have been very clear and make us confident about our situation and what we are doing. Troy and Ruben have different riding styles and requirements, but we get more info this way. We know we still have a lot of work to do, but I am happy because our direction is very clear. We are much closer to competitive lap times then previous tests (we didn't use any qualifiers and Troy got into the 1:35s on race rubber) and we know, from the riders, the things we have to do to improve."

smileyman
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Sounds like their off and running! You know Troy won big after developing the Aprilia, managed somehow to claim a couple pole positions on the Foggy Petronas Nail, and had alot of podiums for Yamaha. I bet we aint seen the last of the ole crocodile!

marko138
11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Hope they do well.

Dave
11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
they arent the only ones feeling out their new rides

Max Biaggi seen testing Aprilia RSV4 superbike

By Tom Mckenzie

World Superbikes

23 October 2008 16:30

Three time 250 Grand Prix Champion Max Biaggi has been spotted testing his 2009 Aprilia RSV4 race motorcycle at Valencia last week.

The Roman Emperor still has one round left of the 2008 WSB Championship left with his current team, Sterilgarda Ducati, who allowed him to test the bike with the agreement that Max would not speak out about it until the end of his current contract.

The bike appears to be small in comparison to current Superbikes, which could suit Biaggi’s riding style given his past in the 250GP class.

n09nEnMQZTk

sounds badass

this is supposedly the s1000rr
B0G0wKOR

Dave
11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
so why wasnt bmw at portimao? biaggi and spies are kicking ass already
. cant wait to see what the four can do once its all together

1. Shane Byrne GBR Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 1min 43.6 sec
2. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 1min 43.9 sec
3. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV4 1min 44.1 sec
4. Tom Sykes GBR Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 1min 44.5 sec