PDA

View Full Version : VA Mountain Riding

DIMford
11-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Lookig around at some of the local forums got me looking in these areas. One is Tuggles Gap which where Blue Ridge Parkway enters VA. Another is the Shenandoah Valley Park, where Blue Ridge turns into Skyline Dr.

Has anyone ever actually ridden these areas? Interested in riding there?

Ducati Diva
11-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Looking around at some of the local forums got me looking in these areas. One is Tuggles Gap which where Blue Ridge Parkway enters VA. Another is the Shenandoah Valley Park, where Blue Ridge turns into Skyline Dr.

Nice riding but lots of police activity especially on parkway

GSXIE
11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Nice riding but lots of police activity especially on parkway

Nice area to ride if you can keep out of the view of the cop's..... The last time I was there, it was NOOOOOO fun at all but some of my other friends had a better time !!!:damn:

DIMford
11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info.

CasterTroy
11-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I ride up to tuggles about once a month

Up 58 to Stuart....over to meadows of the dan routinely

Also LOVE to ride up 89 to 58 to independence over to damascus, then to shady valley TN and back down 421 to mountain city and boone

Ducati Diva
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I ride up to tuggles about once a month

Up 58 to Stuart....over to meadows of the dan routinely

Also LOVE to ride up 89 to 58 to independence over to damascus, then to shady valley TN and back down 421 to mountain city and boone

I used to live in Patrick Springs there are some sweet back roads in that area.

CasterTroy
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Squirrel spur road....whoo hooo

DIMford
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I am going to have to find these roads. I would have ot make it a weekend ride though since I live too far away.

tlstreak
11-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Ive been to Tuggles a few times. I didnt care for it much. Nice road and all, but damn did it seem narrow and every car I came across felt like I was going to hit the mirror.

Made that trip with .......Mike Carrerrrr something...Troy I bet you remember him. Screen name was MdblRc or something close, then Narf?? both Lived in Kernsville at the time. Met at the Exxon by some ROTC or military thing kinda by the airport. Ive got the ride on VHS from way back whenever still.

Worth the trip once I suppose. IMO 16 from Hungry Mother State Park all the way to War WV is a fun ass ride.

CasterTroy
11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Made that trip with .......Mike Carrerrrr something...Troy I bet you remember him.

Classic 900 RR?

Dude he up and dissapeared like a fart in the wind after that ride

Over200
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Lookig around at some of the local forums got me looking in these areas. One is Tuggles Gap which where Blue Ridge Parkway enters VA. Another is the Shenandoah Valley Park, where Blue Ridge turns into Skyline Dr.

The shenandoah skyway is an awesome ride!!..I have video I just need to find it!

tlstreak
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Classic 900 RR?

Dude he up and dissapeared like a fart in the wind after that ride

He sold the 9rr and got a real deal 250 2 stroke race bike street legal somehow. I rode another year or longer with him after that one ride with you. Went to his house a few times met the wife and kids even. He was a great guy. He'll pop back up again eventually.